Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 05-23-2009, 12:07 AM   #1  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Unhappy Cottage cheese on thighs - cover - cottage cheese on arms - :(

So summer is here. Wearing long sleeves is not really an option anymore unless I want to sweat like a pig and look ridiculous.

I am so self conscious of my arms - too flabby and I have cellulite on them

I refuse to wear things that show this...and I am working on them like a demon - forget the booty - it's all about my arms and maybe a bit of a tan might help disguise it a bit.

Other than tanning and weights and cardio I guess I just have to be patient....anyone else share this misfortune?
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 271/268/175

Height: 5'8"

Ugh, I do. My arms are SO embarassing. I don't even like short sleeves, there is no way I can go sleeveless. My arms were actually the first part of me to get fat when I was about 13. I have these bad stretch marks on the inside my elbows and up. I wore a lot of 3/4 sleeves in Jr High and High School. No matter how good my ego is doing, one look at my disgusting arms reminds me how gross I am under my clothes.

Toning and tanning sounds like it'll help a lot. I know I share no encouraging words tonight, hopefully knowing mine are much worse will help?

You'll be fine, I'm sure.
shrinkingleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 03:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

Don't have cellulite on my arms, but I do have stretch marks and flabby arms. I'm not sure if it's loose skin or just extra fat... either way, I don't like wearing short sleeves. I don't wear shorts, I do have cellulite on my thighs as well as stretch marks.

not much advice, just in the same boat... maybe some people can suggest some nice style summer tops that hide arms well.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 06:47 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

I have turkey arms, they have their own hanging down gobble thing going on. I wouldn't wear sleeveless shirts out of the house. I do wear lots of short sleeves though, so I don't roast.
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 205/152/105

Height: 5'1"

have you tried 1/2 length sleeves? they stop at the elbow so they're short enough that you don't overheat but long enough to cover the parts that you want to stay hidden.
Dalgishake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:00 AM   #6  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Update - a bit of a tan works well...and I'm focusing a lot on my arms/triceps in my training and noticing a slight change already - woo hoo! Plus when I am on the crosstrainer I focus on really using my arms and it contributes to a better workout and will hopefully = short sleeves sooner than later!
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:33 PM   #7  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

I have this issue, it irritates me! I wear 1/2 sleeve shirts most of the time because my arms are just too gross to flaunt around.
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

I'm your height and have this on only my left (non-dom) arm. I think if you drop another 5-10 lbs you will lose this, as that's about when my left arm cleared up. I am also doing really heavy weight lifting with bicep curls and tricep work, plus a ton of hiit cardio to go after the body fat. So keep up the good work and hopefully by July 4th you'll be all set!
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/205/150

Height: 5'5

I had the same problem and also felt that a bit of a tan helped disguise the ugliness until I can get that problem area fixed!

Good luck!
DawnSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:54 PM   #10  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

I have lost 160 lbs and I can tell you my arms and lower buttocks look like crap. Hanging skin will never go away unless cut off.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:20 AM   #11  

I've lost 216 pounds in 1976-77. I've never worn sleeveless or short sleeves since. I look for 3/4 or elbow length sleeves. The "bat wings" are the price I had to pay to get thin but clothing disguises it just fine.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote