100 lb. Club - a vent

View Full Version : a vent

cfmama
05-22-2009, 04:38 PM
I'm sore.

I'm grouchy.

I'm ticked because the IV and pain meds made me gain 6 lbs in water weight. Two of them came off this morning. But I just DID THIS two weeks ago. It ticks me off.

I just want this stupid gall bladder out.

I alternate between not hungry AT ALL and very nauseous and starving. I'm totally on track with food but it's annoying.

I can't sleep at night because of the stupid pain. And I can't take GOOD pain killers through the day because of the kids.

Grrrrrr....

I know. Keep to my plan. It will all come off when the meds are gone and the surgery is done and blah blah blah. I'm just venting. I need to vent.

beerab
05-22-2009, 04:51 PM
:hug:

I'm sorry you are going through a lot- I hope it all works out for you.

:dust:

TJFitnessDiva
05-22-2009, 04:53 PM

rockinrobin
05-22-2009, 05:30 PM
Oy. I feel so badly that you are going through this. I wish I had some wonderful words of comfort for you, but alas, I don't. Do know and try to keep in mind that this will pass. You'll be as good as new and be able to get back to your "normal" life. In the meantime, try and take care of yourself. Really, really well. :hug:

Jennelle
05-22-2009, 05:57 PM
Is there a reason the doctors won't just yank it out for you? My mom was just in a similar position re: three hernias (one the size of a grapefruit!). The doctors kept saying things like, "In a perfect world, we'd operate." Finally, my sister asked them if they meant they'd operate if my mom's insurance wasn't so crappy. Two days later, mom was in the recovery room.

I hope you feel better soon.

cfmama
05-22-2009, 06:09 PM
Yes there is a very good reason... sigh. It's REALLY infected and if they were to operate before the infection in under control they would have to do it "open" which is a large incision and 6 weeks (minimum) recovery time. If they wait until it's calmed down than I can have it done laproscopically and the healing time is very very minimal. So I'm opting to do it this way but it all just sucks all the way around.

I'm in Canada and have great extended health so it's not a insurance issue thankfully.

Windchime
05-22-2009, 06:19 PM
You poor thing! I know it's hard, but just concentrate on healing and feeling better. Stay on plan, but try not to worry too much what the scale says because you really don't have a lot of control over it. Rest, heal, get the surgery, and then you'll be back to your old self again.

I can't imagine how painful this must be! It sounds simply awful.

JulieJ08
05-22-2009, 06:29 PM
Ugh, that sucks. You're handling it better than I would. :carrot:

chickiegirl
05-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Hang in there. Hopefully this will all be over soon.

DCHound
05-22-2009, 10:47 PM
Hugs. Great big ones!!!!

whispers
05-22-2009, 11:07 PM
I hope that things get better for you.

Hugs:)

HVEECK
05-22-2009, 11:30 PM
Im sorry. My sister had to have her gallbladder removed emergently because it was infected. I remember how much pain she was in. I feel for you and hope this is all over with soon. :hug:

gloriacoto
05-23-2009, 12:14 AM
So very sorry hon..I hope that those doctors get rid of that nasty organ and toss it into the garbage asap!! Get well soon and my prayers are with you....

Sunrose
05-23-2009, 01:23 AM
Sorry you are going through such a rough time right now. You are in my thoughts. I hope you get better very soon.

harrismm
05-23-2009, 01:40 AM
I had mine out in March.Trust me.......you will feel like a totally new person.Lap removal is easy.Good luck.

Delphi
05-23-2009, 06:19 AM
:hug: I hope you get to feeling better soon. :)

Steelslady
05-23-2009, 04:42 PM
Sending positive healing vibes your way along with a big, gentle hug. Don't worry about the weight gain/loss right now, just worry about getting better. Gaining another pound or two is fine, stressing yourself over it is NOT. Let that go for now, eat as healthy as you can but don't fuss over it, your health is much, much, much more important right now hun.

You're in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

cfmama
05-23-2009, 08:03 PM
Well I'm sticking to plan MINUS gassy veggies as those seem to really hurt me right now. I don't eat a lot of fat so no worries there... though I've stopped eating almonds right now as it's a lot of fat all at once and my gall bladder does not like that.

I'm down 5 lbs in two days so the water weight is coming off. Between the last three weeks I've been down at 363 THREE TIMES. Sigh. I KNOW it's just water. It's still hard to swallow.

I have not taken good care of myself today and I am paying for it. For the first time in a long time I've skipped meals, not drank my water all because I had stuff to do and no good choices around. (I was at the dance studio for three hours and then shopping for costumes for 1.5 hours and picked up groceries for 1 hour) So I'm sitting with my tuna steak, cucumbers, tomato's and cheese and a litre of water and I WILL NOT MOVE till it's all done and then carry on.

Thanks for the support ladies. I need it right now.

Cinnamon
05-23-2009, 09:47 PM
So sorry you are going through all that right now. I hope things heal quickly so you can start feeling better soon!