Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2002, 05:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/194/140

Height: 5'7

Unhappy I'm So discouraged!!

Today has been a very hard day for me. I was sick for a few months and couldn't walk. Therefore, doc said I had to stay in bed. During that time I gained close to 30 pounds. Now I can't fit into any of my clothes. I've practically stayed in the house for the past 3 months because I have absolutely NO clothes I can wear. I feel horrible. It's a nightmare. Being overweight can be so unfair!! I've been working very hard so that I can get back into my clothes, but can't.

My husband wanted me to go grocery shopping with him today and I told him I couldn't because I didn't have anything to wear. (He seems embarrassed when I wear sweat pants to the store). -He walked into the bedroom and pulled out the largest pair of jeans in the house. I told him I couldn't wear them, (I'd already tried to squeeze into them). But he kept chanting for me to try them on. I went into the bathroom and tried again, and couldn't. So I walked out and told him I couldn't wear them. Finally, he left but he acted a bit mad when he left.

I've lost 10 pounds since I've been able to move around. I walk at least one mile per day and drink a slim fast shake for breakfast, eat a weight watchers t.v. dinner for lunch, and a small supper or salad. Since I've began dieting I've quit eating after 6pm.

Can any of you please encourage me to keep going. I just feel like crying because I am so miserable. I hope a few of you can relate. I apologize for being so depressing in this post, but I really don't have anyone to talk to about this sort of thing.

Thanks you guys for any help you can give to me. God bless you all and good luck with your diet and exercising as well.
Old 06-16-2002, 08:17 PM   #2  

I almost cried when I read your post because I have been there. I had surgery last year and I have put on 40 lbs. I keep losing and regaining the same 15 and I need to get out of the yo yo cycle. You are on the right track with the walking and doesn't sound like you are over eating just remember the weight didn't happen overnight and wont come off overnight. I had to go out and buy a new pair of slacks today for work and I cried because I had to buy what I call a fat size. It isn't easy on our husbands when we feel bad about ourselfs because they can't really do anything to help us when have to fight this battle. If you can go and buy yourself an a few new things (if money is tight maybe a 2 hand store) because you need to get out it will make you feel better. I am sending you a big hug.....................Don't give up!!!!
And keep post here (or find a group on this post) I have gotten so much support here and we all understand where your at and we are here for you.

Sami
Old 06-17-2002, 07:48 PM   #3  
Empress/Queen

Angry You will succeed ...

HappyHousewife: Don't apologize!!! You don't seem to be negative so much as just fed up and frustrated and needing support. IMO, when we reach that point of frustration, that's just the pivotal point where things are about to change.

You've had a hard time of it and I think you are to be admired for hanging in and getting the rest you've needed. As time goes on, I'll bet those few extra pounds will go and you'll be back to the upbeat person I'd be willing to bet you are. But everyone has a right to feel bad sometimes. Hope a jean size is not lingering on your mind for long. A jean size isn't all that important, but how you feel is.

As Sami says, hope you find a group here or somewhere and just dive in as I know this is something that really helps me!!!

Good luck!!!

Old 06-17-2002, 09:45 PM   #4  
One day at a time.

Default Been there!

I'm right there with you! It's hard and I've been down too! BUT you just gotta set your mind on a goal and stick with it, no matter how long it takes. You'll feel better in no time, and congrats on taking that first step, you're already doing a great job!
I just started WW, and I feel so much better about me for it. You have to reward each and every reached goal! I have a long journey ahead still, but I finally realized that no matter what I AM SPECIAL! And you are too!!!!! Good Luck and remember you're not alone!
Old 06-18-2002, 11:14 AM   #5  

The nightmare of clothes...

You can do this. You are worth every once of effort.

Maybe you should think about purchasing just 1 pair of pants and a few shirts just to get you through. You won't be "stuck" home miserable. It's not good for you. You need to get out and enjoy life again. Just enough to get by.

Best wishes..
Old 06-28-2002, 09:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 235/194/140

Height: 5'7

I've really taken a boost to my self esteem just now. Thank-you so much!! It really is nice to know there are people just like me out there. I can get into ONE pair of jeans now. They are pretty tight though.
I'm not really worried about jean size, but I would like to know that height, weight, size measurements. I plan on buying some new clothes when I reach my mini-goal of 160. I have no clue what size that is! I haven't been that weight since high school. I've searched the web but couldn't find a chart or anything..

Again, THANKYOU SO MUCH! It means a lot to me that there's so many caring people left in the world!!! God Bless!
Old 06-29-2002, 12:06 PM   #7  
wsw

Glad to hear you're feeling better about things, HappyHousewife. I wish you all the best on your journey. Take care.

wsw
Old 06-29-2002, 09:27 PM   #8  
Empress/Queen

Angry Happy Housewife ...

Glad you are making some plans for your exciting weight loss journey. It'll be great! I seem to remember that the websites for Lands End and J.C. Penney's used to have virtual "models" you could create with your measurements that you could try jeans and other clothes on. That might help. Hope you keep coming here, too, and find a support group that suits your style. Good luck. Now that your self-esteem is up and you KNOW your journey will be a success, you can't fail.

Old 06-30-2002, 09:46 AM   #9  
Fit and Feisty

Don't postpone your life. You are alive today, right here, right now. Maybe none of our circumstances are perfect, but we will never have this precious day to live again.

Don't wait until you weigh 160 to buy some new clothes. Buy some clothes now.....for now......for you.

You are worth it!

Love,
carree
Old 07-02-2002, 12:58 AM   #10  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi HappyHousewife!

I'm with you, no clue what 200 looks like, let alone 160. So here is a website to help you out.

www.myvirtualmodel.com

You can put in your height, weight, etc. and then put in the weight of 160 and see what happens. It's amazing.

Enjoy the journey!
Closed Thread