Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-22-2009, 02:30 AM   #1  
in with the outro

S/C/G: 140/140/120ish

Height: 5'2"(ish)

Default Hi! could a newbie get some advice?

Hi! I have been checking this site out on and off for the last month. Tonight, I finally got the urge to become a member, and start working on my weight loss journey. I am the type of person that says "oh, i can start my diet tomorrow..." but lately I am starting to feel like I might be running out of time and excuses to lose some poundage.

Heres the thing. I just started college in the fall, and swore I wouldn't gain the freshman 15...and I did! Not all 15, but about 10 anyway. And not from drinking (since I just choose not to), but from eating unhealthy food and an excessive amount too. I am feeling lousy about myself, and summer is coming around the corner. I have been trying to lose this weight, and a few more to boot, but I just keep eating and eating.

Today, I started looking at "******" thinking that would help--but when I started reading some of the things these girls/boys were saying, I had to ask myself "what are you doing girl!! this isn't you!!". I don't want it to come to that.

So, I joined this in hopes to get advice from real women who are struggling to get healthy the same way I am.

I am going to a family reunion in mid July, and would like to be about 10-15 lbs lighter then I am now. I figured if I started cutting back to 1,200 calories a day and burning 500...then I could accomplish this goal.

But because I have a hard tome saying no to sweets and candy--I am afraid this wont happen! Of course I know these treats are okay once in a while, but my "once in a while" is everyday haha.

What are some tips to help me say no to sugar, and yes to motivation and losing weight!?

I am going to start working harder then ever, in hopes to get into even better shape then I was last fall! Heres to summer, and a long journey a head!!

Thanks for any advice, tips, and comments to get me motivated.
bonbon90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:18 AM   #2  
Maintenance...

S/C/G: 167.5/132/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi!!! Good luck on your weight loss journey!
Kim K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/158/140

Height: 5ft5

Every time you think of eating that chocolate bar etc,just picture your ne improved self at your family reunion in a new outfit that you will buy yourself as a reward...and think of all those positive comments you will get from admirers!

Keep positive - you can do it
Beckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:35 AM   #4  
Pudgy male kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonbon90 View Post
But because I have a hard tome saying no to sweets and candy--I am afraid this wont happen! Of course I know these treats are okay once in a while, but my "once in a while" is everyday haha.
Why can't it be every day? Just not a large amount. Perhaps keeping a bag of treat sized bars (Halloween type) on hand for the occasional treat for a good day wouldn't hurt. If going without for a while causes a binge, then it's not helpful. If it can be avoided by allowing yourself a small treat then you may benefit, y'know so long as you eat just one. Going without entirely lends itself more to the weight loss, of course, but remember that while you're trying to lose weight, you've also got to enjoy life (otherwise what's the point?).

I like chocolate myself, but it's not something I crave most of the time. In fact, I don't crave a lot of dessert or sugary type items. Cheeseburgers however...
Toonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:01 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome!

Have you checked out the featherweights threads?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:48 PM   #6  
No description available.

Welcome! Surf around and settle in! We have forums based on age, eating plan, exercise and more! I'm glad you're here!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote