General chatter - Anyone ever had this strange sensation?

willow650
05-21-2009, 11:46 AM
Ok, I have this weird vibrating sensation in my lower abdomen. I have felt it more toward the left side on and off, enough to make me think its my phone in my pocket...lol. But now its more centered and more constant and extremely annoying. i goggled this and it seems pretty common but no real answers. Most common is back out of alignment which is mostly likely true for me. I know my hip left hip has been messed up for awhile. The ab vibration seems more frequent when I am sitting down for a while so that leads me again to think its a nerve thing due to misalignment. Anyways,since I found so many had this in when I googled it, i thought I would check here.

starfishkitty
05-21-2009, 11:57 AM
I get that feeling when I have an infection down "there". I had several surgeries when I was younger and they put me on tons and tons of probably the most hardcore antibiotics out there (gotta do what you gotta do when you're dying, right?)... to make a long story short... I've had a problem with infections ever since because of the way they stripped my immune system in weird ways. So I'm prone to female infections down there... and that's one of the things I notice. *shrug* Might not be your case... but that's what it is for me. Good luck finding out! :)

willow650
05-21-2009, 12:09 PM
my mother has those issues due to over antibiotic use also but I have only had 2 in my life so I don't think its that. It likes like I have slipped a cell phone in my belly...lol

grneyedmustang
05-21-2009, 12:53 PM
Could you be ovulating? That might be causing "the twinge"....

CJZee
05-21-2009, 01:49 PM
I know someone who described similar symptoms and was finally diagnosed with diverticulitis. The feeling was trapped gasses getting caught in the pockets of the intestines. http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/tc/diverticulitis-topic-overview

willow650
05-21-2009, 01:53 PM
Could you be ovulating? That might be causing "the twinge"....

nope, its not that. I have a pain that comes with that and its the wrong TOM

mamaspank
05-21-2009, 02:04 PM
I have the same thing once in a while, sort of like when my eye will twitch, except it is in my lower abdomen. Are you pretty tired when this happens or just have finished exercising. I have some sort of pretty heavy duty exercise every day, whether it is softball, running, or rock climbing. Some days my body is completely exhausted. I don't know what to correlate it with either, but it doesn't hurt at all, and since I liken it to an eye twitch, it doesn't bother me.