Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2000, 07:15 AM   #1  

G'day all,

It is 11.35 Saturday morning here and I have just done all my grocery shopping. It seems a bit ridiculous to buy up so much for but one day but I guess we all do it.
I would love you all to come and admire my new pergola, if you are staying perhaps it is best 2 at a time The way I read your post Slavika do I make the beds for you and Trudy first???????
You would find it very cheap to holiday here, the American dollar is worth twice as much as the Australian dollar. DH's american peers love coming here (especially the wifes who do the shopping ).
Of course there is so much to see here besides my wonderful pergola
Slavika what a thrill for your 7 year old grandson and great that you were there to see it. I can imagene that will be relived many a time. I have seen icehockey on tv and it looks very dangerous, I am a little surprised that children that young play the game. Our Australian football looks pretty lethal as well but the littlies play modified rules and just love it.
Geri your tree sounds spectacular and the way you described how you have it in your house sounds fantastic. You MUST get a picture of it, I would love to see it.
I had some great news from my daughter this morning, she passed her year of nursing with all high distinctions. She has changed her mind a few times about what she wants to do, it seems that she has found her niche in nursing, she just loves and as a result has done so well.
Enjoy the last days of shopping.........
Cheers
Maria

------------------
http://www.picturetrail.com/flaggies

[This message has been edited by flaggies (edited 12-22-2000).]
Old 12-23-2000, 09:52 AM   #2  
Net browser

ALAS MARIA ~~~~~both Trudy & I are Canadian and the Canadian dollar isn't worth very much even in Canada. LOL
DH and I are going to go to Hawaii again this winter. For every American dollar it costs us around $1.50. For example if our condo costs $200.00 US per night we actually have to pay $300.00 per night so its very expensive for us to travel. That's why TRUDY and I have to stay in your pergola. hee hee
HI MARGOT nice hearing from you and congrats once again on your weight loss.
It's nice your daughter is doing well in her courses. I guess we all do better at things that we enjoy and take an interest in.
If you don't visit us again within the next couple of days have a very Merry Christmas. You dinner plans sound just lovely.
I had another very busy day and I'm kind of tired now, so I will say good night.

P.S. GERI just hang on to that Texas Mickey, maybe we'll get to Texas yet.

[This message has been edited by slavika (edited 12-22-2000).]
Old 12-23-2000, 10:16 AM   #3  

Hello all,

I check in every night but sometimes just to tired to post. Yesterday I was under the weather but today am back in the swing of things.

Lily today I de-junked two of my kitchen cupboards. I showed no mercy and just threw out stuff that has been hanging around behind closed doors for a long time. You would have been proud.

Tomorrow I shop for food for dinner Christmas Eve. But have just found out that dinner will be competing with the Viking's football game. There is no getting around it. So I guess we will open gifts at half time. My family (excluding me) is a fan so I'll just have to live with it right?

Geri it's good to see you back. I too was awfully glad that President business finally got settled. What a mess. Your tree sounds wonderful. I just have a small 4ft tree and have to use wacky tacky to stick it to the desk so the cat won't knock it down as she has done in the past.

Maria I envy you your weather. It is so cold here that I haven't left the house since I came home wednesday night. It is going to be about 5 above 0 tomorrow . Not reallly looking forward to leaving the house to go shopping. But it has to be done. (by the way I had to look up in the dictionary to find out what a pergola was.)

Cal you are a marvel over 93 pounds . We are all so proud of you . Your family must be too. Way to go not grazing you way through the past weeks. You dinner sounds wonderful enjoy it and all your guests. You will be fine . I have no fear on that.

Slavika- Don't little boys just tug at the heart strings when they do something spectacular. It will take him weeks to come down from his high. Wasn't it lucky you were there.

Just in case I don't get back here before Monday . I wish you my friends a very Merry Christmas.

Karen

[This message has been edited by Karen L (edited 12-22-2000).]
Old 12-23-2000, 11:02 AM   #4  
Super Surfer

Hi gals. Went shopping yesterday and thought I was all done. Thought wrong! Back to the stores today for more stuff. Last night our DD & her DH came over with our grand-doggie Jessica. She went under the tree, found one of Her gifts and opened it up before anyone could stop her. She loved her squeaky porcupine, and apparently slept with it last night . So, hubby and I went to get her another present... this one is a plush telephone that rings 3 times when it is pressed. I think we are losing it, we need grandchildren, fast.
Lily..Dee reads our board, so she knows you are thinking about her.
You are having a good effect on all of us, I de-junked my PC room this week. You can actually see the desk now.
Karen..I think we clean out rooms, closets and cupboards because we don't want to go outside. Alas, there are more rooms and closets waiting for me. How about you?
Geri..We have some computers at the gym, but they are only to make a file on ourselves and keep track of progress. That must be something, going on the Internet while on a treadmill... I would probably fall off.
Maria..That is good news about your daughter. It is great when they find a profession they enjoy.
Margot..93.5 lbs down. You continue to amaze me. Your Old English Christmas sounds like fun. Tell us what is in Figgy Pudding, besides figs?
Slavika..Between the two of us maybe we can wangle invitations to Australia, Texas and California. We'll have to take Karen along, because she is freezing too.

For all of you who won't be posting for awhile, I wish you a Merry Christmas.

Good Night...
Old 12-24-2000, 12:57 AM   #5  
Life Time 2001

Cal: You go Girl! Congrats on the loss! Merry Christmas to you and hope you have a great one!

Maria: Good for your daughter! Glad she found something she likes to do. That makes all the difference in the world!

Karen: I am proud! It really is easy when you realize if you havent used it in a long time its not worth keeping anymore.

Trudy & Slavika: You are welocme to my house any time! But dont forget my Tree Skirt!

Went out today to get the last of the food for Christmas. What a Zoo! Im not leaving the house now until after Christmas is over! I was early and I could not believe all the people! Hope I didnt forget anything and if I did Oh well! Will have to do with out!

Lost anothe 1# today!

Here is a Christmas Card for everybody: http://www2.bluemountain.com/cards/b...dv2uhx3yak.htm
Old 12-24-2000, 05:13 AM   #6  

Hello all,

Gosh it is good to be back with you all. I have missed you.

I finished shopping yesterday. What a zoo!!!!I swore that if I didn't have it yet, (both food and gifts) I don't need it. I planned not to get out of the house till after Christmas except for church tomorrow. Then this morning my DH decided that we needed to take some things to Mission Arlington. It is an agency that helps the needy and they will take anything---clothes, household items, furniture,----anything. I had cleaned out some closets, and cupboards, etc. and have been hauling that stuff around in my trunk for months hoping I would be near there and could drop it off. Well, he decides we are going to take it today. I really didn't want to go, but decided to be a good sport about it. And lo and behold, we went by a Hallmark store, and just by chance I ran in to look for something I have been looking for for years. And they had it! So because I was a good sport, I found a store that I didn't even know existed that had something I have been looking for. It is a special collectible angel that I have been wanting for my granddaughters. I haven't seen them since I left Ohio in 88. I figured they must be a Yankee thing. I was so happy to find them. Then he took me out for lunch. So, I have already had a nice day.

I am trying to find some material. I made a dress for Kelly for Easter. It was a Daisy Kingdom dress and had a pattern for a matching doll dress. I found the doll and now I can't find the material. I had planned on making the dress today, but I am rapidly running out of time. I cannot figure out another place to look.

Maria, I am glad that your daughter is doing so well in school. I am a nurse and have thoroughly enjoyed my profession.

Margot, you are an inspiration. Can you package up some of your "sticktoiveness" and send it to me. I need it because I have "backslid" to the point that I am embarrassed.

In case I don't get back online before Christmas, I hope you and yours all have a great holiday.

Dee, take care of yourself. I hope you have enough energy to really enjoy yourself. But, remember to take care, and don't overdo it.
Old 12-24-2000, 06:31 AM   #7  

G'day all

It is 11 am Christmas eve here and the last time I will go on-line till after Christmas.
Trudy that sounds like a great idea, Slavika, you and Karen come for a visit to get to the warmth
I also think if I have forgotten anything I wasn't meant to have it. We are having some visitors for lunch and then I will get ready as much stuff as I can for Christmas lunch.

To all of you and your families I wish you a joyous Christmas.
Warm regards
Maria

------------------

[This message has been edited by flaggies (edited 12-23-2000).]
Old 12-24-2000, 08:41 AM   #8  
Super Surfer

Merry Christmas everyone

I want to wish everyone here a wonderful Christmas with family and friends.

Trudy
Old 12-24-2000, 10:08 AM   #9  
Senior Chick

Merry Christmas to all of my feisty & sexy friends.

This year has been a turning point for me and the friendship and support that I have received from you has played a major role. I hope that you receive all of your Christmas wishes and that you have a wonderful holiday.

We went to WI this morning and I was thrilled to be .4 down for the week. I am grateful for my health and certainly see the benefits of losing almost 95 lbs (with about the same to go!) So I share my "stick to it ness" to anyone who wants it and wish good health to all (Big wish for you Dee) Lily - congrats on your 1 lb!

Figgy Pudding probably has more points than I want to know and we will have it on Christmas Eve and then it will go (either home with someone or in the trash) Besides figs, it has dates raisins, ginger bits, rum, eggs, butter, flour and vanilla. It is a pudding in the same sense as a plum pudding. It is served with a toffee sauce with melted caramel and cream. A special dessert for a special day. and I will have a small but satisfying piece.

And the best part is that I am wearing a new holiday sweater that I bought two months ago when it was tight. (My DH insisted I would fit in it by Christmas) She was right - it fits perfectly.

Merry Christmas to All!

Margot

------------------

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels
Old 12-24-2000, 11:05 AM   #10  

Evening all,

I have spent the day cooking cookies(like I need them) but now there is 10 dozen (5 driffernt kinds) of cookies. and I've yet to make my DD sugar cookies for her.

DD called this morning, her dog is due Christmas day, and she just knew that Haley(the dog) would have them today, but at last not yet, so I guess it was false labor.

I'm with the rest of you I hope I don't need anything else couse if I do, someone else is going to have to go get it if we have it.I have had it with the stores.

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU, THANK YOU FOR BEING HERE THE LAST FEW MONTHS FOR ME AND I LOOK FORWARD TO ALL OUR FRIENDSHIP FOR THE COMING YEAR. MERRY CHRISTMAS LELA
Old 12-24-2000, 11:14 AM   #11  
Net browser

Hi Everybody It's time for me to go to bed. I have cooked and cleaned all day today. If I don't get the chance to visit tomorrow I just wanted to say a very Merry Christmas to all of you. I hope you have a lovely holiday with your family and friends.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Old 12-24-2000, 11:50 PM   #12  
Life Time 2001

Might not get a chance to visit til after christmas, as its pretty busy.
So Merry Christmas to all! Hope you all have a wonderful christmas!

Later!
Old 12-25-2000, 12:02 AM   #13  
donna p

Well Hello everyone. You probably don't even remember me but even tho' I been so busy and absent these last couple of months I had to stop in here and wish everyone A HAPPY HOLLIDAY SEASON. We have been so busy with parties and all but it will all be over in another couple of weeks. Hello to all the new ladies and a special hug to all of you who travelled down this road with me this year. I have been eating quite a bit lately and especially during the cruise. I am up 4# but will get it off soon. I actually feel sick of eating (who would have ever thought)and can't wait to get back to my routine. I will hopefully get back to this board in the new year so until then everyone have a happy, healthy and safe holiday season ....<hugs....> donna

Old 12-26-2000, 05:42 AM   #14  

Christmas is over at this end of the world.
We had a lovely day but perhaps a bit too much of the 'good cheer' http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//dizzy.gif
My sister and her husband are coming for lunch today, looking forward to a little bit quiter day
Cheers
Maria

------------------
Old 12-26-2000, 07:49 AM   #15  
Life Time 2001

Donna: Hello! Good to see you here! Hope it slows down some so you can come back and join us!

Maria: Sounds like you had a great Christmas! Mine was super to! I have tomorrow off so it will be nice to just sit and relax.

Night all
Closed Thread