Old 05-19-2009, 02:03 PM   #1  

Default why do the points double?

So i got those vita top muffins for a snack. They are one point each, but for two the WW.com tracker says its 3.5 why the jump in points? Does anyone know, that seems so weird to me.

Thank you!
JroseLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 02:21 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

This is because the muffins are actually closer to 2 points each when you factor in the calories, and fat, and the limit on fiber is 4 either way.

Last edited by Jane; 05-19-2009 at 02:22 PM.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:29 AM   #3  
Just starting

S/C/G: 235/182/140

Height: 5'3"

It does the same thing for the Weight Watchers cheese strings. Its actually closer to 2.
phatchick911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:44 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

Think of this.. ONE Weight Watchers Giant Fudge ice cream bar is 1 point. TWO Weight Watchers Giant Fudge ice cream bars equals 4 points. Why? The fiber cap. Crazy though, isn't it? The good news is that now I know not to eat two of them.
KimberlyinMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 238/Ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

I wish I knew this when I first started WW!
858Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:54 AM   #6  

I remember when I first joined WW back when points were brand new. The points scale went up to like 14 fiber grams and I remember a Trader Joe's Zen muffin was only 1 point when I started. We all raced to TJs to buy these fabulous 1 point muffins.

Only problem was that the muffins still had close to 300 calories and 4 or 5 grams of fat.....but they had 14 fiber grams.

Those same muffins are about 5 or 6 points now!

I learned early on that because I have a somewhat difficult time losing weight, I also feel the need to count calories in my food tracker along with my points or I may not see the loss I want.

Dawn
Dawn415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:22 AM   #7  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

BIG area of debate here! If I eat two muffins but 6 hours apart, and each muffin is 2 points BUT 2 muffins calculated together equals 5 points, what do I count???

The only answer that works for me is this. If I eat them together, I count it as 5 points. If I eat them apart, I count them as 2 points each. I don't plan to use my Flex points, so any unintended overages are accounted for each week by my Flex points. Makes my life SO much easier!

Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:47 PM   #8  

Yeah, I have this same issue with the Progresso 0 point soup.....if I eat the whole can it is 2 points, but if I have half, it is technically 0 points.

I actually go ahead and count each half as 1 point.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiramira View Post
BIG area of debate here! If I eat two muffins but 6 hours apart, and each muffin is 2 points BUT 2 muffins calculated together equals 5 points, what do I count???

The only answer that works for me is this. If I eat them together, I count it as 5 points. If I eat them apart, I count them as 2 points each. I don't plan to use my Flex points, so any unintended overages are accounted for each week by my Flex points. Makes my life SO much easier!

Kira
Dawn415 is offline   Reply With Quote