100 lb. Club - Baring it all!!

View Full Version : Baring it all!!

TraceyElaine
05-19-2009, 09:14 AM
I've been lurking in the shadows of theis place for the last month and a half. I kind of went MIA when my Grandmother died. I still read and followed everyone elses progress but I was making none of my own. So like a big scaredy pants I didn't post. I now realise I have been doing much of the same things in my real life. I avoid people and don't have any real friends. I feel like I don't deserve them. i feel like who would want to be friends with me. Fat, boring, unsuccessful me?

Anyway I know all of this mind talk is BS and I can have the life and body I want I just have to work at it. I think I just now realised that I haven't been doing it because I don't feel worthy. I think that mentality has kept me from alot of things in life like friendship and success.

There has never been a point in which I stopped wanting this for myself but I dont think there has ever been point where I felt I deserved it either. I don't think I know how to feel that. I guess I just need to do it and the rest will follow?

Well, I have restarted my workouts. Walking 1 hour a day rain or shine. and trying so hard to eat better. I am REALY struggling with my eating. I do okay but not as well as I need to be. I have to work on my comfort eating at night.

So here's to a long and changing road to a new life. Cheers!

Thighs Be Gone
05-19-2009, 09:28 AM
Tracey, fake it until you make it. If you do it consistently some beautiful things will ABSOLUTELY follow. For me it has been a journey of discovery. I have realized things about myself I hadn't prior. You know what to do. Don't consider the length of your journey ahead--just start moving towards your destination.

Put being healthier at the very tip top of your list. Make nothing more important than your sleep, nutrition and exercise.

Delphi
05-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Well picking up an exercise routine is a step in the right direction. You simply need to concentrate on the positive and leading a healthy lifestyle and the rest will come with time. :) Good luck!

Slashnl
05-19-2009, 10:44 AM
I agree with Thighs Be Gone, just take it one day at a time, one meal at a time. The exercise will make you feel better and you will be happier as you start feeling more fit.

And hey!!!!! Post more often. Even though it is just a forum, there are some great friends for you here!

Tai
05-19-2009, 10:57 AM
Tracey, I'm sorry for the loss of your grandmother. I know this must be a difficult time for you. There's lots of support and friendship for you here.

When I miss comfort eating in the evenings I try to distract myself with other activities. I drink lots of tea, read and knit.

Good job on restarting your workouts!