South Beach Diet - week 1 of phase 1 complete!

View Full Version : week 1 of phase 1 complete!

Stephwantstobeskinny
05-18-2009, 04:16 PM
So I have finished week 1 of phase 1. Weighing in I only lost 1.5 pounds.... however it is also TOM. Will I maybe see a bit larger weight loss when TOM is over or what is the typical weekly weight loss?

Also, I know that natural peanut butter is allowed. (2 tbsp) I haven't had a whole lot of it, but I kinda wonder why it is allowed instead of use sparingly because the fat content is very high?

Thanks!

murphmitch
05-18-2009, 04:28 PM
Steph, everyone's weight loss is so variable on Phase I. Congratulations on getting through the first week.

Foods with MUFA's (monounsaturated fatty acids) like nuts, olive oil, avocados & canola oil are actually very healthy and helpful for reducing belly and visceral fat. They also make you feel fuller and satisfied, so you end up eating less of other stuff. I eat 2 Tbs. of nut butter a day, plus 2 Tbs of olive oil per day and have lost very well on this plan.

Stephwantstobeskinny
05-18-2009, 04:31 PM
Thanks because I agree! I love the natural PB and it is filling. Week 1 was a little tough! I am looking very forward to getting through week 2 and moving on to phase 2.

leslier
05-22-2009, 11:25 AM
Thanks for your post! I'm two days into Phase 1 and appreciate all the motivation I can get -- that includes realistic expectation setting. :-)

Best wishes!
Leslie