100 lb. Club - Change Goal Weight to A More Attainable Goal.

VickieLou
05-18-2009, 01:03 PM
I decided to change my Goal Weight to A More Attainable Goal. I had put down 125 LBS but I think that isn't very realistic. :o I have some vacations coming up this summer and a wedding and family reunions. So I decided to take the stress off and make a more attainable goal. I changed my Goal Weight to 140 LBS. Maybe I won't be so overwhelmed by how far I have to go yet. I should just concentrate on 5 LBS at a time.

time2lose
05-18-2009, 01:29 PM
You are doing great. You have already lost 53 pounds! I think your strategy of concentrate on 5 LBS at a time is good. I should because that is what I do! :) That final goal can be very intimidating so I just don't think about it. I can lose another 5 pounds.

the right direction
05-18-2009, 01:44 PM
I eventually want to reach 140, but if I find myself dwelling on how much weight I need to lose, I think about something else (like the mini-goals I've set).

The mini-goals seem far more attainable.

cfmama
05-18-2009, 01:47 PM
That was my thought when I put 150. I can always go lower when I get there... but that's an attainable goal (though I once would have set that it was not!!!)

Rosinante
05-18-2009, 01:55 PM
Me too, my 135 is lower than the last time but still not the ultimate.

Congratulations on what you've already lost!

Smiling_Sara
05-18-2009, 02:00 PM
I read on here one time. "I can't lose 100 pounds, but I CAN lose 10 pounds 10 times" I loved it, and try to concentrate on that.

Windchime
05-18-2009, 02:33 PM
My offical goal is 180 but I have a secret lower goal in my head of 165. Umm. I guess it's not really a secret any more, huh. Shhhhh.

barefootnikki
05-18-2009, 02:43 PM
I just did the same thing too! You know, we can always take a look at how we feel (and how we look in the mirror) and decide from there :)
Good luck!

DCHound
05-18-2009, 02:58 PM
I started with my goal as 150 but then upped it to 169.5 just to make it an even 200 lost. I have several "goals" ~

- if I can just make it to 199, I'll be pretty happy
- if I can get too small to wear all the clothes I've saved from previous weight losses, I'll be pretty happy
- if I can get to a SIZE 12 I'll be quite happy
- if I can get to a SIZE 10 I'll be ecstatic
- anything beyond that is pure icing... :)

time2lose
05-18-2009, 03:08 PM
anything beyond that is pure icing...

Low fat and sugar free icing I am sure! :)

Torister
05-18-2009, 04:03 PM
I am taking it one "decade" at a time and I get pretty excited when I get into a lower one. :D I will say that *when* I get into "onederland" you all will be hearing the screaming!! :cool:

Slashnl
05-18-2009, 04:05 PM
My offical goal is 180 but I have a secret lower goal in my head of 165. Umm. I guess it's not really a secret any more, huh. Shhhhh.

This is so funny. That's MY secret, too!! ha!

DCHound
05-18-2009, 04:17 PM
Low fat and sugar free icing I am sure!

Well I'm on Atkins so it would have to be a meat- or veggie-based icing LOL.

CountingDown
05-18-2009, 04:31 PM
Very, wise move chickie!

I started with 145 as my goal. After maintaining there for a bit, and decided to go lower by 5 lbs. Once that goal was attained, I lowered it again. And finally, once again. 130 is where I decided to stop (my body had other ideas :lol:).

140 is a terrific goal for your height - and very attainable. You will look and feel fantastic there!
Congrats on your excellent progress so far!

cfmama
05-18-2009, 06:13 PM
mmmmm... meat icing... lol!

Yah I'll be freaking SCREAMING when I hit 199. SCREAMING!!!!!

Trazey34
05-18-2009, 07:09 PM
199 is the magic number for me, too. I haven't seen a "1" in front of the number in a lonnnnnnnnng time... oh wait, that time I switched the scales over to kgs hahah that was awesome LOL

WarMaiden
05-18-2009, 07:15 PM
My "ultimate goal" is not really a scale weight, it's a certain bodyfat percentage (20%), a certain muscular/fit look (think Jessica Biel), and a certain set of physical things I want to be able to do (endurance athletics and weight training goals).

Based on that stuff, 145 might actually be too light for me. I have my mom's body to compare to; she's 5'4", 130 pounds right now, which is a little under weight for where she wants to be (cancer patient), and her BMI is 22.3. She is just a little bit too thin, and my body is almost identical to hers in frame and shape and muscular potential; at 143 pounds I'll have a comparable BMI to what hers is right now.

So in the end, I may actually adjust my goal weight up, not down. But I'm not going to think about it much until I get to 160ish, which is the top of my "normal" range by BMI.

Star2Be
05-18-2009, 10:10 PM
You know, this is something that I've been thinking about a LOT lately: whether or not my goal weight is a good one. Quite honestly, I didn't have the slightest idea what the heck I was doing when I picked my goal weight... I've seen a great deal of the members on here explain that they chose their goal because they remember looking/feeling great when they weighed that much at some other point in their lives, but I have never, ever weighed this little in my entire (post-age-9-or-10) life, so I am absolutely clueless as to whether or not 150 lbs will look good on me... Or if my body can even reach that weight at all! :?:

When I first joined this site and was choosing my "goal weight," the whole thing felt completely and utterly preposterous--I would think to myself Okay, I'll just aim for the first weight where I'll have a normal/healthy BMI (which would have been 164 lbs), but then, even the idea of me ever weighing 164 lbs seemed like a complete fantasy--not something I'd ever actually achieve! So I just felt like, Well, as long as I'm already dreaming, I might as well set my sights even *more* ridiculously high! :p For a woman of my height, 150 lbs is not just the bare minimum to be healthy--it's not TOO ambitious by any means, and there are even a decent number of members on here who start around that weight, heh, but since I had no basis whatsoever for choosing it as a goal weight, I definitely wonder whether I'm being unrealistic. I guess only time will tell! :chin:

Of course, it's also 100% possible that I'll get to 150 lbs and still not like the way I look, in which case I guess I'll have to lower my goal... Sheesh! Goal weights--they can drive a gal nuts! :shrug:

Devsmama
05-19-2009, 08:41 AM
I think I have 145 for my goal but like everyone else, I know its attainable and I have a secret goal hidden in my heart. I looked at the girl, Nicole from Biggest Loser, she started 1lb heavier than me and now she is at the weight + 1lb that I want to be and she looks good!! So, I can visualize that weight and once I hit 199 I will go bananas!!!