LA Weight Loss - Food Lovers Fat Loss

View Full Version : Food Lovers Fat Loss

LAHOKE2009
05-18-2009, 09:58 AM
Has Anyone Tried This Or Heard Of It.
Food Lovers Fat Loss System. I Saw This On Tv Over The Weekend, Just Checking To See If Anyone Has Tried It.

Cie
05-18-2009, 03:57 PM
From the WW forum
The food network had the infomercial on this morning. It says eat all day the foods you love like cookies, pizza, pancakes, comfort foods...just combine with other foods to lower your metabolism!

It's amazing what they advertise!

http://tinyurl.com/q3bkxc

kiramira
05-18-2009, 04:53 PM
I SO have to come up with a weight loss scheme and sell it...there's MONEY in them thar hills...
Kira

RosieCat
05-23-2009, 02:54 PM
Hi, Lahoke2009, The infomercial interested me as well. I had great success a few years ago with the 6 week body makeover but all the cooking and shopping did me in. I have tried to replicate that success on my own using the glycemic index and other plans, but, no luck! Having tried every diet known to mankind (including a few not known to mankind) I may give this a shot.

I must say the other posters made me feel like an idiot for even considering this plan, but, one of these days I;ll find something I like and stick to it!

Rosie

keepnsane
05-24-2009, 12:22 AM
:carrot:hey it caught my eye too

Leenie
05-24-2009, 08:21 AM
Is that the plan where the guy who's selling it looks like a character from In Living Color ? at first I thought it was a joke.

Sorry Lahoke I have not heard of anyone following it.

GrannieAnnie
06-04-2009, 05:57 AM
I recently saw the infomercial for Food Lovers Fat Loss, so I checked it out online. Robert Ferguson designed the program which is basically a Low Glycemic diet along with exercise. Personally I believe you can research Low Glycemic way of eating online, you can find all kinds of sites about Low Glycemic including many list of foods with the Glycemic Index. And of course we all know how to exercise lol. So a little online research a person could design their own Low Glycemic Fat Loss, create a daily exercise program you can do and save yourself $159.99 plus shipping and handling which is the amount listed on the website.:carrot:

:goodluck:
GrannieAnnie

Cebsme
06-04-2009, 10:18 AM
Who that wants to lose weight wants to lower their metabolism? I am trying to do the opposite. That's my biggest thought about the whole thing.

kim83
06-06-2009, 11:26 AM
I saw it on tv too and was pulled into watching the entire show. But I'm not about to spend over $100 to "learn" how to lose weight. I say just count calories, eat healthy and have what you like, just in healthier versions and smaller portions.

keepnsane
06-10-2009, 09:23 PM
hey, mine arrived today...it actually is portion control, balanced meals & yes, snacking between meals & before bedtime
essentially 1 protein, 1 fast carb (grits, pasta, potato, beer, wine), 1 slow carb (non starch veg) for meal/ or 1 protein & 1 fast carb/or 1 protein & I think 3 slow carbs...anyway, if you stick to the portions ya know..not a great quantity of food ...casseroles are counted in combination..like lasagna w/meat & veg ingredients is your meal
however, you are encouraged to snack between meals: if it has a nutrition label 100 to 200 cal snack for women, up to 300 for a man (that is soo unfair), other wise a standard portion of other things like fruit, baked potato etc...you are encouraged to never go more than 3 hours without food all day up to 1 hour before bedtime...there is a fat that is to be used with each meal also (1 tablespoon ranch dressing to go with your unlimited celery or whatever carrot portion is)
oh if you want to eat a 1/2 palm sized chocolate chip cookie for your fast carb at a meal, you could...but as long as the cookie was under 200 cal, you could guiltlessly eat it for a snack I guess
I like the recipes & guides...not too shabby or crazy..but the doing...hmmm that has been my issue lately

keepnsane
06-10-2009, 11:29 PM
oh..my 1st meal..lunch for tomorrow...i used some hot wing seasoning on some small chicken breast filets...so I'll have 2 of them with 1/2 c blackeyed peas & 1/2 cup rice
mid morning & mid afternoon snack (capri sun & quaker oat snack bar)...hey an apple would be better but I don't have one (my teenagers went grocery shopping)...wish me luck

mygirlsmom
06-12-2009, 10:28 PM
I ordered mine today and am hoping this works for me. I have about 40 pounds to lose and would love for this to be what motivates me to get serious and be consistent. Has anyone else tried it and achieved success?

Tooder
06-14-2009, 09:16 PM
I also ordered the program this morning. I researched it and know it's now an "easy" no effort program...what it offers me is guidance and motivation. I have great hopes and look forward to trying it.

kaanay
06-28-2009, 10:56 AM
Hi everybody. What Food Lovers Fat Loss diet program is focusing on food combination that help with fat loss or weight loss. It means you should choose healthier foods which have less calories.
I suggest you an address which contains news about Food Lovers Fat Loss System.

Here:
todayshottrends.net/tag/the+food+lovers+fat+loss+system.html

There are 7 news about it.

gtownvac
07-01-2009, 09:46 AM
keepnsane,
I'm wondering if you have had any sucess at 3 weeks.

CamiToo
07-05-2009, 11:41 PM
A friend of mine ordered it and since she wanted my sister and I to join her in this program, I was able to borrow it and read through the program.

Here's what I thought:

First of all, part of the sales pitch is to eat all of your favorite foods while losing weight. Go to your favorite restaurants and eat your favorite foods while shedding pounds! BUT if you read the program, they really say to eat MODIFIED recipes. And at restaurants, ask for no salt, no oils, etc. Eat plain food basically. And ask for whole wheat pasta which I don't think alot of restaurants actually have. You can't just hit the diner and say "I'll have your spaghetti and meatballs special." You can't eat a normal brownie. If that's ok by you, then it's not a deal breaker. But their sales pitch is misleading.

Some food modifications required items I'd never heard of. My friend said "maybe you get that in a health food store?" But I'm not rich and I'm not going to buy special ingredients that aren't normally in my kitchen. Nor will I pay health food store prices for stuff.

The portion sizing could be more definitive. I like portions stated as "3 ounces" or "1/2 cup", not as "my fist" or a portion thereof.

Many (not all) of the suggested snacks are brands I've never heard of and again, I'm sorry, I'm not rich. I don't buy special foods and brands nor do I shop at Trader Joe's. I buy meats, produce and staples that are on sale.

They mention chocolate and wine but ask you to NOT drink wine or alcohol during weight loss. The chocolate part is confusing because they say stay away from chocolate during weight loss because it contains sugar, then put dark chocolate as a savvy snack. Make up your mind?!

They include exercise, which is good, but it seems like it should be a bit more. The exercise seems geared towards beginners and doesn't start until day 11 or 12 I believe. Then you exercise every other day. So alot of the 21 days you're not exercising.

I wasn't impressed. I was LESS impressed since I knew she'd paid way too much for this program. I won't be joining my friend on this program. This is just my two cents.

Bernard
07-08-2009, 09:27 AM
In order to achieve successful results in fat loss, the most critical factor is the personal commitment. Using a weight loss system is no different than trying to reach any other goal one may have for their life. Your success depends on your motivation for losing weight. You are more likely to succeed at losing weight if your reason is that you want to live a longer, healthier and happy life. You are probably going to fail if you are trying to achieve weight / fat loss to please someone else.

Onederchic
07-08-2009, 09:57 AM
I SO have to come up with a weight loss scheme and sell it...there's MONEY in them thar hills...
Kira

LOL :D

In order to achieve successful results in fat loss, the most critical factor is the personal commitment. Using a weight loss system is no different than trying to reach any other goal one may have for their life. Your success depends on your motivation for losing weight. You are more likely to succeed at losing weight if your reason is that you want to live a longer, healthier and happy life. You are probably going to fail if you are trying to achieve weight / fat loss to please someone else.

I agree :)

LAHOKE2009
07-14-2009, 01:16 PM
I Have Ordered The Program Waiting On Delivery. We Will See How Good It Is.

hazelnut
07-21-2009, 10:54 AM
I had great success with WW a couple years ago, but it's been very hard for me to get back on that strict points system & start all over. I've gained all of my weight back plus 2 lbs.

I was on vacation last week & saw the infomercial for the food lovers fat loss program. I too ordered the program. The glycemic index, fast & slow carbs made sense to me. We'll see how it goes.

nanj
07-25-2009, 09:45 AM
My DD and ordered the program and it came this week. I had WLS and basically do the SBD, loosely. My DH has lost 48 lbs on SBD and kept it off for a year. My DD has lost 28 pound since January and has kept it off with the SBD. I'm 21 months into my WLS life and loving it, but am constantly on guard about what I'm eating because there is always that fear that I will regain! My family needs more than just the meat and veggies that I eat, and my DD wanted new ideas and approach on maintaining her weight loss.

Now about the program. I made the Banana Oat Pancakes recipe that came with the programs today, but found that it was to thin to really do, so I had to add a few tablespoons of whole wheat flour to thicken it up. As for special products: brown rice syrup and other sweeteners, yes you can get these things at our local department store, but there is also a blurb in there about adapting to different kinds of sweeteners like splenda, stevia and so on. I haven't read the whole program, but do like the idea of the lower glycemic scale things and lower fats.

Reading this stuff had helped be from becoming complacent about what I'm eating and shaking up some of the things that can eat to make a more balanced meal for me and my family.

Is it worth the money? Don't know.....only time will tell.

kaanay
07-25-2009, 12:53 PM
Can somebody say differences of food lovers fat loss than other programs?
Is it possible to compare with others?

Destiny2009
07-26-2009, 03:23 PM
I must admit that I felt the same way at first but then I thought about myself. I did alot of research on the FLFL and I found several websites with real people that is doing the plan or have done the plan. They give you support, motivation, and any info that you need to know about the plan. They even have a forum for thyroid issues, which I do have. I am not listening to negative people because that can keep you from succes at reaching your goals. Nobody can determine what's best for you, only you can. After a few months on the program just show a gorgeous after photo. Do a search for the plan on google and you will find the other websites with REAL testimonials.

Destiny2009
07-26-2009, 03:37 PM
The website that has real testimonials is myfoodlovers.com. I joined and received tons of support and info about the program. Check it out because I am the biggest skeptic. I don't have $120 to throw away. My cousin ordered the plan before I did and she's waiting on hers to arrive. Just don't let negativity get you down.

delafax
07-26-2009, 11:34 PM
It's a matter of finding something that works for "you"
I started "my own plan" on Jan 1st and have lost over 50 pounds. I feel so much better and have actually lost the weight without much effort. I have no off limit foods and I eat every three hours. My metabolism is higher and I no longer binge eat.

kbassimer
07-29-2009, 05:28 PM
I tried to go to their website and I was unable to access it from the address I got on the infomercial OR from the address I found when I googled it.

LAHOKE2009
07-30-2009, 12:17 PM
TRY THIS WEB SITE chat.myfoodlovers.com
THEY HAVE BLOGS THAT PEOPLE POST THEIR SUCESS AND ISSUES.
LISA

dsly4425
08-02-2009, 06:48 AM
Watching this infomercial for the first time now. It really doesn't sound much different to me from other diet plans, like weightwatchers, or nutrisystem, other than unlike nutrisystem, you are using your own food. Weightwatchers doesn't restrict what you eat either, teaches healthier eating habits, and balancing meals.

I managed to lose 40 lbs in about 4 months on weightwatchers, and am very pleased with that result. It wasn't hard for me because it turns out, I LIKE a lot of the healthier options that came with it. Plus I could still eat most of the things I love, I just had to watch how much. Most plans require some changes because obviously what we were doing before didn't work, otherwise we wouldn't be fat chicks (or in my case, a fat dude).

Good luck to all

D.

shakremay
08-02-2009, 11:28 AM
New as of today. came across the site as i was looking for reviews of the product after seeing part of the infomercial this morning. I am skeptical ~ how can it be that "easy?" however, on the site it says if you are not satisfied than send it back with 8 weeks and they will refund the money except for S/H. we'll see . . . .

Maui1
08-02-2009, 12:37 PM
I was at their web site this morning, almost ready to order, when I read in the FAQ about ongoing autodeliveries of their supplements. Oddly, I hadn't seen any mention of supplements on the site elsewhere or in their entire infomercial.

I wonder if they guarantee refunds only if you take their supplements ... because I am NOT ready for ongoing monetary commitments to someone else's weird little lists of "supplements."

Just curious about this part of the program. I was excited last night but feel a lot more skeptical today. Since I cook for a "hungry-man" husband and teenagers on various "diets," it's been a struggle for me to keep the "right foods" in the house ONLY. I personally find it tough to eat a certain way if I then also have to cook differently for other people in the house. I dislike cooking as it is!

heartspring
08-05-2009, 02:34 PM
I ordered the kit and am still trying to figure it out now that I have it. I like that it's less a diet and more a way to start grouping things together. Previously I'd been trying to figure out the glycemic load thing and this is a nice way to have it laid out and explained. I need more visuals as well as brand name info as my life gets crazy and I like that I can grab something without analyzing it yet knowing it fits the plan. So far so good! :dizzy:

SistaDiva2001
08-14-2009, 11:02 AM
I have been on Foodlovers for 5 days. For some reason, this diet has clicked with me more than any other program. I am not into counting points via WWs or cutting out carbs or doing some home delivery system or eating cabbage soup ...all of which I have tried and I found them to be unsuccessful.

No, it is not rocket science and doctors will tell you over and over again that what 99% of all diets have in common is that they are less than 1800 calories per day and that is why people lose weight...

They KEY is finding a plan that works for you. People's likes, dislikes and preferences are individual. My co-worker loved WWs and lost 40 pounds 2 years ago and is back on it because she gained 50 back. My sister in law did Atkins and lost 75 pounds and is back to low carbing after a 40 pound weight gain..and another work-mate had surgery a year ago and is thin as a rail.

When people find their "joy" or way of eating ...we should celebrate them and their path. Not everything is for everybody.

For me, I hate sweets, always have. But, give me some butter and mayo and I am one happy camper! I love rich tasting food..I love FAT. When I looked at what I was eating before FLs..I realized that I was eating WAAAY to much mayo and skipping meals. I have given up on 99% of the diets I have tried because I never felt "satisfied"...I was always "wanting"...The first two days of FLs I had terrible headaches and getting used to eating every two to three hours was "strange". But, now that I am in day 5, the headaches are gone. This has been the LONGEST..yup..5 days that I have ever gone on a diet without cheating. It may not be a big thing for others, but for me this is a MAJOR accomplishment.

For the record, you can be on WWs and use the FLS system principles to assist with getting your metabolism up and make fat loss plates. The "Living Color" dude as someone referred to him, actually has a Masters in Nutrition. Susan Sommers doesn't have a degree in nutrition but people are successful on her program and I celebrate that. I spoke with the nutritionist at my health care provider's practice and showed her the program. She said it is nutritionally sound, not extreme and she thinks the 21 day program to start with makes sense because it takes 21 days for something to become a habit. She wasn't impressed with the OPTIONAL detox or the OPTIONAL supplements. But the diet plan she said is fine.

Now, it is that time of the month for me and I just could not resist getting on the scale after 5 days to see if ANY weightloss has occurred. I am down 5 pounds.

MELODY525
08-24-2009, 07:06 PM
SISTA DIVA....I APPLAUD YOUR POST AND CONGRATULATE YOU ON YOUR LOSS!!! WAY TO GO.

NOT EVERYTHING IS FOR EVERYONE AND WE NEED TO REMEMBER THAT, DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS. I AM ALWAYS ROOTING FOR WHATEVER WORKS FOR PEOPLE IS A GOOD THING! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE TRYING THIS. :cheer:

mommyfat
08-29-2009, 09:21 AM
Way to Go SistaDiva! I hope things on this plan have continued to go so well for you. I saw the infomercial myseldf this morning and I have to admit, it made sense. I have struggled with increasing weight for 10 years (ever since I started having problems with hypoglycemia) and nothing I do seems to work. I, like you, could not stick to a diet for 2 days, let alone 5 so maybe this is for me.

Please, post again and let us know how your progress is coming. I would love to hear how you're doing.

quezsmom
09-03-2009, 11:02 PM
Hey, to anyone interested i have been on the plan since 8/1/2009. I have lost 7bls, 12 inches, lost 5% of my body fat, and gain 1% lean muscle mass. The plan works very well. Its the first plan, thats not a diet. I can feed my son the same food that I eat which is a joy. I have had no cravings, no problems. The time just flew by, which is a first. I was skeptical at first as well.. another get rich skeem my someone. But i researched, and researched, and no one had anything bad to say about the plan. Neither do i at this point. I am stil going strong. Oh, and as a side bar, my sister is a diabetic who has really high sugar numbers. She was in the 300-400 in june/july. She was staying with me and forced to eat on the plan. As of Sep 1, she has lost 11lbs, her blood sugar was 124. So hope that helps anyone thinking about doing the plan. It is the best investment in yourself.

marva

quezsmom
09-03-2009, 11:15 PM
A friend of mine ordered it and since she wanted my sister and I to join her in this program, I was able to borrow it and read through the program.

Here's what I thought:

First of all, part of the sales pitch is to eat all of your favorite foods while losing weight. Go to your favorite restaurants and eat your favorite foods while shedding pounds! BUT if you read the program, they really say to eat MODIFIED recipes. And at restaurants, ask for no salt, no oils, etc. Eat plain food basically. And ask for whole wheat pasta which I don't think alot of restaurants actually have. You can't just hit the diner and say "I'll have your spaghetti and meatballs special." You can't eat a normal brownie. If that's ok by you, then it's not a deal breaker. But their sales pitch is misleading.

Some food modifications required items I'd never heard of. My friend said "maybe you get that in a health food store?" But I'm not rich and I'm not going to buy special ingredients that aren't normally in my kitchen. Nor will I pay health food store prices for stuff.

The portion sizing could be more definitive. I like portions stated as "3 ounces" or "1/2 cup", not as "my fist" or a portion thereof.

Many (not all) of the suggested snacks are brands I've never heard of and again, I'm sorry, I'm not rich. I don't buy special foods and brands nor do I shop at Trader Joe's. I buy meats, produce and staples that are on sale.

They mention chocolate and wine but ask you to NOT drink wine or alcohol during weight loss. The chocolate part is confusing because they say stay away from chocolate during weight loss because it contains sugar, then put dark chocolate as a savvy snack. Make up your mind?!

They include exercise, which is good, but it seems like it should be a bit more. The exercise seems geared towards beginners and doesn't start until day 11 or 12 I believe. Then you exercise every other day. So alot of the 21 days you're not exercising.

I wasn't impressed. I was LESS impressed since I knew she'd paid way too much for this program. I won't be joining my friend on this program. This is just my two cents.

Its always amazing to me that people will pull out the only the information they want and not whats completely listed or advised. There is a list of snacks in the book that robert suggest, many are things sold in stores, campbell soup, keebler crackers, synder pretzels, any brand nuts, fresh fruits and veggies, which is really the main goal. To get you to eat less processed and more fresh, natural when possible. I was already exercising when i started the plan and just continued to do so. But, the plan is to help you start to incorporate a habit into your everday life. Many people dont exercise. The plan has a 12min, 24min and 36min exercise dvd. It tells you to increase as you feel comfortable.
The portion sizes do give you exactly 3-4oz or 4-5oz and list each food, meats, veggies, breads, pastas, etc. It also says it doenst want you to be chained to a food scale, so gives you a way to eyeball those amounts. I am a single mother and do not have a lot of extras to put toward additional groceries. But, have found that i only had to tweak what i was eating to make it healthier for me and my son. The plan asked you to refrain for the first 21 days, and then you can add these things back into your meals if you need to. But, it also shows you how to add them if you just must have them even during the 21 days. Its a re learning process. If your gonna quote stuff from a plan do it right.

By your post, its obvious you dont want to do the plan, even if it was a great plan, since its not a diet. Just my two cents of course. But, hopefully the success your friends have will change your mind. Because success they will have, of this i am certain.

nanj
09-08-2009, 04:38 PM
My family and I are loosely on the SBD and have done well on it. But.....I'm not concerned so much about the quantity of the food that we eat, but more about the quality. I've made so many changes in how I prepare my foods and the FLFLS gave me better ideas on grouping my food and more about how my food is being processed. It gives you sensible guidelines on quantities of proteins, slow carbs, and fast carbs. I liked the nutritional breakdown of a fat loss plate, I'm not sure that it is any different than say what WW, JC, etc. are asking you to do, but it is nicely put. Snacking is 100 to 200 cal for women per setting; not that much different. I'm a WLS person, my DH is a borderline diabetic and high cholesterol, and my DD is just...fluffy. So, I'm going to use the principles of this program for all three of our needs. I probably won't be using the brown rice syrup or the cane sugars, because sugar is sugar even if some of them are on the lower end of the glycemic scale. As for the snacking section: I was able to find enough stuff in it that I can buy locally without going to Whole Grains (Whole Pay Check), or Trader Joes. I made the Banana Oat Cookies that listed natural peanut butter and 1/2 c. honey and I added a scoop of protein powder. They were good and my family said that they would like me to make them again (made 20 cookies). I won't be eating them because I'm a NA sugar person. As for the amounts: Using your hand, fingers, knuckles and fist to judge your food quantities is a whole lot easier carrying around measuring cups or eyeballing something. Unfortunately, even after 58 years, my eyeballs measure a whole lot bigger than they should. Each meal for a women should be 300 to 500 calories; not too different than any other program really, but it was written down, my husband read it and since it didn't come from me, it made sense to him! His calorie limit is 400 to 600 per meal. LOL!!!! It also has a section on saturated fats and CHEESE; my DH thinks that the best snack in the world is CHEESE! Well, now he knows better. He kept his 48 pounds off for over a year on SBD, but I'm think long term here for all of us. Healthy snacking in encouraged to level out your insulin levels, so you are not starving and headed for whatever you can get your hands on and excessive insulin causes your body to store fats. Cost: Not any different the start up cost on JC and weekly food costs. Unless you getting some kind of price break on WW start up cost and weekly cost; about the same. There is a boat load of material to go through so if you get it don't get intimidated!

ArkansasTOPS580
09-12-2009, 10:07 PM
I saw the infomercial today and it sounds a whole lot like a diet I've been following for over a year. I am a member of a NON-PROFIT weightloss support group called TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly). We promote using the exchange system as it is sensible and doesn't promote any specific diet but we don't discourage diet usage as long as they are sensible.

I use THE ZONE by Dr. Sears. It's a diet very simular to this plan on the infomercial. I eat 3 meals and two snacks and eat every 4 hours. It's designed to have 40 % carbs 30% fat and 30% protein. This guy is just trying to change the terms on a diet that has been around for 20 years or more. He's calling them slow and fast carbs etc. and feeding you ranch dressing for the fat you're required. I can tell you THE ZONE was designed for athletes but you can lose weight too. I know, cause I've lost 100 lbs since last July 11, 2008 with my support group to help me and with an exercise plan, too.

Zone books are common now at used book stores, Goodwill, and at the library. There's one called the food block book that helps, there's a cookbook, and there's a few different Zone books. Just google Dr. Sears to see all of the titles. They also have a specific website but I won't promote it or the TOPS website. Just google either one of them if you're interested.

TOPS has been around since 1939 or 40 I think. Cost is about $26 a year which goes to the headquarters for maintaining weight chart records and includes a monthly magazine subscription with inspirational stories of members. You can google that and it will come up.

Good luck on any diet you try but make sure it is one that you can live with forever. I can live with the ZONE forever.

Lisa

BeverlyRN
09-14-2009, 04:31 PM
I have been on the plan for 5 weeks and feel I have a firm understanding of how the process works: I have lost 11 pounds, (nothing astounding but I am still following the plan instead of falling off and gaining back more than I lost as I have on other programs.) In a nut shell; FLFL is slow, steady weight loss on a program that -if you plan and cook-will consistently drop weight and not leave you hungry or deprived. Yes, you CAN eat your favorite foods however they are MODIFIED: whole wheat instead of white breads/pastas, organics and raw sugars, reduced sodium etc. Now if you are like me and aren't used to organics and that ilk, it is not a problem; I have found there are so many natural products that are great substitutes to the fully loaded butters breads and sugars I had been accustomed to that I was pleasantly surprised. I feel SO much healthier eliminating some of the 'junk' and I have LOST WEIGHT!

The plan asks that you eat often; b'fast, lunch & dinner with snacks in between; snacks are whatever u want 200 cal or less; I eat pretzels, popcorn, brownies, fiber bars; whatever is convenient to grab. An I am NOT hungry-you are supposed to eat every 2-3 hours so if you THINK you are getting hungry; your next snack or meal is just around the corner.

You are to work out, gradually increasing to 5 x weekly. I have NOT been good at this, though I plan to start this week(...AGAIN...) I'm certain if I would do the DVD's that came with the plan, my weight loss would accelerate but...baby steps at this point.

Bottom line, it is a sound program that has been the ONLY one I know I can stay on for the long haul. I feel confident I'll acheive my weight loss goals modifying my eating habits following this plan.

Glancing through the forum on 3fatchicks, I have noticed many people that have had alot of great success on several different plans. Obviously, when you find your niche, it's the right one for you. FLFL (foodloversforlife) is mine. Time will tell; I'll keep any one that is interested on my progress updated through weekly entries. In the meantime, best of luck to all that are struggling with weight loss like me! I'm proud of us just for being here, getting started and getting support!!

Beverly

Nspired2lose
09-25-2009, 04:05 AM
Hey this guy knows his stuff,don't be so quick to sail him out to sea!Go watch the videos from his clinic here online and listen close.This way of eating is alot like the GI diet,plus delicious recipes and a cheat here and there with options for healthier versions of the sweets and junk type foods!This is a good way of eating especially because its better to give yourself a cheat here and there rather than not at all and then givng up and gorging on it and feeling sick and guilty afterward.Unless your one of the top 10% that says they never eat junk or sweets.If done faithfully and in the manner taught it does keep your metabolism running in medium to high gear and you do lose weight and keep it off as its a way of eating that you can do your whole life.Isnt that what we want?To learn is to eat for life and stay in the healthy weight zone?Yay!!!

This is a good way of eating as it combines HEALTHIER high Glycemic carb,Low glycemic carb and proteins in the FLFL meals.It also includes exercise.But for those that cant exercise,you still can lose alot without the exercise,maybe a little slower but still lose!This way of eating keeps your metabolism reved and burning fat.I lost 18 pounds in 3 weeks eating like this.If you notice he says MODIFIED! Dont read such a negative perspective into the name of the program or the advertisement.It does not teach that you can just eat any amount of anything you want anytime you want.That is not what Robert Ferguson says or teaches.

It is the basic food groups,categorized into meals and snacks,healthy and not so healthy.The RECIPES he has put in the program are delicious like the FRIED CHICKEN,ect,ect.But notice they are MODIFIED.So he is not saying oh go get the KFC and gorge or go to the bakery and get those HIGH SUGAR HIGH FAT BROWNIES and gorge away.Its not like that.It is strict portion control too.You are never hungry as you eat 6 or more times a day with snacks,eating every 2-3 hours keeps your metabolism running hot!The snacks are geared to more natural foods and less processed junk.He recommends controlled portions and processed stuff as rare snacking,not the norm!Also more protein snacking toward and in the evenings.He also has a 6 day flush that is very healthy and jump starts your weight loss.And best of all it works!

DO your research gals and guys before taking assumptions as the old saying goes, that just makes an _ _ _ out of you and umptions.I Know someone who lost over 50 pounds on this in just a few months! She feels healthier and has kept it off for a while now.It is a good plan and is very healthy.Because he recommends brown rice syrup instead of regular and stevia or splenda in place of sugar as much as possible.This plan is excellant for diabetics especially.Try it,its worth the price unless you dont like to cook or prep your food.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-steps/flower05/lb/280/135/262/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

NightNurse
09-26-2009, 09:13 AM
I just saw the infomercial and I am tempted to buy. My life is crazy with 4 teenagers at home, working nights and volunteering. My husband and I have gained over the last few years and I am worried about our health. As a nurse I feel like I should know this stuff (about glycemic index, etc), but the appeal is that it will come in a package and I don't have to spend hours researching. I am glad to hear others have liked it, and I know there is no magic powder.....we just have to find our own way to modify food choices and lifestyle.
Wish me luck.....and will-power!!

BeverlyRN
10-28-2009, 02:29 PM
Nspired2lose: I am so glad you posted your message...you have the FLFL plan down pat!!! I've been on it for a couple months now--I'm down 22 pounds. Not earth-shattering...but really good! Especially since I know I have made this a way of life, not just a 'diet.' To all you skeptics...I understand, I WAS one. But I am a happy convert now. If you are looking for whats right for you, consider FLFL. It's ALOT of planning and cooking, but it is good food with great results! Good luck to all!

Beejene
11-09-2009, 06:29 PM
I'm very interested in Food Lovers Fat Loss. Can someone who is following it give us an idea of what a days food might look like while on the 21 day phase? I spoke with customer service but they would not get very specific with me. I want more specific information so I can decide if I think its something I can do.
Thanks

Beejene
11-10-2009, 12:15 AM
Congratulations on find whats right for you and your weight loss.

Ryesmom
12-10-2009, 11:27 PM
I did buy the system and I havent started the 21MM yet because I decided to do the 6 day detox first. The 3 weeks on the 21MM has you take baby steps but you do eat regular foods. Example day one teaches you to snack in between, and you have great lists for everything you can eat on. I personally do better with lots of tools in a program and this one does I have learned a lot just reading through the info I got in my kit. I think what the other members are saying though you just need to find what works best for you.

Beejene
12-11-2009, 12:25 AM
I appreciate the information. I was on LA Weight Loss then they went out of business in my area. There is another thread on here and many of the people still have centers where they live and provided me with their new plan. Its working very well for me and its balanced, and very easy. You can eat everything. LA Weight Loss seems to be what works for me. Continued success with you plan.

Cherish617
12-26-2009, 02:50 AM
Yes, I am on it and IT WORKS. I have lost 3 and a half inches in my waist, 2 inches in my hips in 3 weeks. I have lost inches elsewhere too, but those are my hateful areas. It is worth the money because it will stick with you for life.:smug:

YoYoSyndrome
10-19-2010, 12:16 PM
I've seen this infomercial also and have been reading different posts regarding this plan but no one on this plan or doing any similiar plan has explained the consumption of fats allowed on the program. Does anyone know the answer to this? Would appreciate any feedback - thanks!:?:

Rickw
11-07-2010, 05:55 PM
I have had the program for a while but didn't do it. Tomorrow I start! I know I can do this.

Rickw
11-07-2010, 05:58 PM
I've seen this infomercial also and have been reading different posts regarding this plan but no one on this plan or doing any similiar plan has explained the consumption of fats allowed on the program. Does anyone know the answer to this? Would appreciate any feedback - thanks!:?:

You don't count fat or calories (except with snacks). Just follow the pprtion and food type guide and everything takes care of itself. The only fats you must be careful of is added fats - dressings, cooking oils - just go low fat on these and you will be fine. Hope this helped!:dizzy:

Rickw
11-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Started today on FLFL! As I mentioned I have had the plan a while but just decided to kick the weight. I need to lose about 45 pounds and I know I can do this. Someone asked what a day's food would look like well here is my day:

Breakfast - Egg substitute fritatta on a wheaTdinner roll with a protein shake and a cup of coffee.

Snack - granola bar (homemade)

Lunch - Chicken breast baked and seasoned (protein) 1/2 baked potato (fast carb) and broccolli (slow carb)

Snack - banana and protein shake

Dinner - 4oz. hamburger steak (extra lean) with smothered onions (protein) small slice french bread, 2 oz of baked french fries (fast carb) and green beans (slow carb)

Snack - peach sorbet 1/2 cup

As you can see there is a lot to eat yet the calories and fat are still low. Drinking water with the sugarfree flavor packets in it (I hate water).

Good luck!

miniwheatfreak
01-12-2011, 07:02 PM
Hello, I am new here even though I have been aware of the 3 Fat Chicks on a diet webpage for a while... I am checking this thread because I am also considering whether or not to order the FL system... my concerns are really about the cost and availability of the food that needs to be purchased on the program (is the food relatively inexpensive and easily available) and the ease of preparation... I would not want to be preparing recipes that are too complicated. Last year I tried Nutrisystem and loved the fact that the food was ready-made but did not like the flavor (I had been on Jenny Craig and to me, the flavor of the Nutrysistem meals cannot compete with JC). Unfortunately, JC is too expensive for me, as I only work part-time. Any thoughts you can share on FL will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!,

D.

jess1
07-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Hi,
Is this still a viable site?
I started FLFL just about 5 days ago, have lost several pounds, and cannot believe that I'm eating... and losing! Amazing! I can do this!! I have high hopes for continued losses.

TNBabyRN
07-26-2011, 10:02 AM
Hi Donna, just wanted to let you know I am reading this post today so it is still open! I'm thinking of ordering the program. I can't count another point. I'm also thinking of just eating 5 or six times a day and spreading my food out instead of buying the program. I don't like to cook alot, a little is okay, but not a lot. I'm afraid there would be way too much cooking involved for me. What do you think?

MaryAnnH63
08-01-2011, 07:31 AM
Hi,
Is this still a viable site?
I started FLFL just about 5 days ago, have lost several pounds, and cannot believe that I'm eating... and losing! Amazing! I can do this!! I have high hopes for continued losses.

How are you doing? What type of exercise do you do?:?:

WinterCricket
10-27-2011, 11:10 PM
Okay I have ordered this program and while I haven't "started" it, I find it to be full of amazing thoughts and ideas. I heard that the company Robert Ferguson used to sell his product didn't do the greatest job. When you go though the program, you really do have questions. Now Robert does have a site where you can talk and ask questions so that helps and he is on Facebook and is very down to earth.
Another thing to point out is he does have a book out that I ordered from Amazon and it was full of great information but doesn't include the motivational CDs or the exercise DVD that I found to be fun.
They allow you to keep the kit for 8 weeks to give it a try (after you pay the $40 for first payment and shipping) and if you keep it they only take out $20 a month to pay it off.
It's real food and real eating and after the 21 day makeover there isn't much restriction at all.
Honestly I just haven't started fully yet but it has a lot of potential. My advice is to order the book and give it a read and go from there.

AriesNV
11-19-2011, 02:13 PM
Hello,

I was a Calorie Counter and a IF (intermittent fasting) fan. I was on this site for awhile, and was pretty consistent with keeping up my blog.

Then I stopped.

I still had it in the back of my mind -- that whole period of time -- to make smart decisions and to exercise more, but I could never get under the 190 mark. There was a day where I weighed-in and was 190.2 (or something like that) and it made me almost want to go to sleep right then so I wouldn't be tempted to put anything else in my mouth, so then I can wake up the following morning under 190. Yeah. Didn't happen.

Whether it's my psych or my body...they are anti-180's. Every time I get close to 189, I seem to just stay put or gain 2-3 pounds back and stay there. I haven't reached 197 (when I started 3FC) but I've been at 194 -- give or take 1-2 lbs -- for this whole time that I've been MIA.

I just ordered FLFL an hour ago. I am totally not an online shopper, let alone an infomercial shopper. But in my sleepy haze, it caught my attention and I said "What the ****." Mainly, I've been into cooking/baking, so I've been obsessive about collecting recipes and what-not, so the cookbooks appealed to me, along with just the basic knowledge of how to "pair foods".

I'm sure all of you are right -- in some respect. From the skeptics to the people that are actually following this lifestyle (not a diet). I'm sure the infomercial probably did sugarcoat things and wasn't COMPLETELY accurate on how "easy" and basic it is. However, nothing is. Even those of you who are saying "just count this and don't eat that"...yeah, okay...everything SOUNDS easy. It does all come down to whatever works for you.

I could have probably purchased a lowfat/healthy eating/easy fix meals cookbooks and created my own thing, since I'm getting back into cooking/baking, but I didn't. I figure, it's been too long of me saying what I'm GOING to do and how easy it's going to be to DO it. Yet, I haven't done -- and committed -- to doing anything, for a long period of time. Now, since I've accounted (to my bf) for my purchase, I'd feel guiltier NOT following through with it, rather than doing something I've created and then putting a Milky Way into my mouth. I don't want to let myself down, but it'll definitely be worse being the "woman that spends all her money on nonsense only for it to sit there and collect dust" in my bf's eyes.

Can't wait to receive this in the mail and good luck to all of you doing or have done it!:carrot:

theresa32877
01-07-2012, 04:08 PM
I have thought about doing this diet as well. I have thought about trying to do it by looking stuff up on internet myself to save money. But it seems everytime I try to do it that way I wont stick to it. Anyone else have same issues?

Kristikins
01-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Theresa - I am really bad at binge buying...I'll buy a book or diet plan or "new food system" or join a group and then when I begin to get bored with it, I tell myself "you can do this on your own"...and then I end up gaining all my lost weight back..plus some :( I just ordered the FLFL! I'm about 100 + pounds overweight and have a big surgery coming up in June. I need to drop as much as I can so I'm not having to lug around extra weight for my recovery! Anyway, I have also ordered Sensa (some folks at my work are doing Sensa and seem to be enjoying it)...so i thought I'd pair them together...or maybe just send Sensa back and do the FLFL the right way... I'd like to hear from those of you who bought this system and are still sticking with it...how's it going??

Yanktongal
01-31-2012, 08:07 PM
I saw the commercial for the first time this morning. My husband and I are on Atkins. It sounded quite good. So I looked on line and found a website just chock full of horrible experiences with Provida. Just google "consumer complaints provida". Glad I checked because I was just about to reach for the ol' plastic. I would not recommend dealing with them. There's plenty of good free info about glycemic index, and maintaining a healthy blood sugar, which will prevent fat storage. I'm going to stick to Atkins.

Smilin66
10-24-2012, 11:21 AM
Hi. For those wondering about this program it works. I have been on it for 6 weeks and have lost 4 inches off my thighs and waist. I am never hungry because you eat every 2-3 hours and my energy level is really increasing. And no, I don't work for the company. If you have doubts, go to the food lovers fat loss site and go to the community and read some of the blogs. You will find several of mine there.....smilin66

arinaldi
11-08-2012, 12:00 AM
I have tried the Food Lovers Fat Loss Diet and have had some success. It is based on eating certain foods together and eating every 2-3 hrs. For me it is just hard to get used to eating every few hours. But while I stuck with it I was losing weight and without excercise. Which excercise obviously helps to speed things along.

eclark53
12-07-2012, 09:14 AM

Here's what I thought:

Since this program is not what you think it should be, what program are you using? I'd like to see a program that does not require modifications.

maryjoe
02-19-2013, 02:44 AM
I too say the ad in T.V saying Try Food Lovers to lose weight while having all that favorite foods we love and I just asked my friend since I couldn't believe it.But she also told me the same thing.We can reduce weight by having all that we love to eat.I saw there website Foodloversfatloss.com .It's sounds good...

lcheney
03-23-2013, 12:24 PM
I have used this diet, lost 17 lb in 3 months. I just recently started this diet again with my daughters. I'm on day 6 hope it will go as well as last time. Good luck to everyone!

BamaMommy
07-26-2013, 04:33 AM
Started today on FLFL! As I mentioned I have had the plan a while but just decided to kick the weight. I need to lose about 45 pounds and I know I can do this. Someone asked what a day's food would look like well here is my day:

Breakfast - Egg substitute fritatta on a wheaTdinner roll with a protein shake and a cup of coffee.

Snack - granola bar (homemade)

Lunch - Chicken breast baked and seasoned (protein) 1/2 baked potato (fast carb) and broccolli (slow carb)

Snack - banana and protein shake

Dinner - 4oz. hamburger steak (extra lean) with smothered onions (protein) small slice french bread, 2 oz of baked french fries (fast carb) and green beans (slow carb)

Snack - peach sorbet 1/2 cup

As you can see there is a lot to eat yet the calories and fat are still low. Drinking water with the sugarfree flavor packets in it (I hate water).

Good luck!

I just found this thread and was wondering if you or anyone is doing this diet? I just seen it on tv and am interested in success stories! Thanks!