LA Weight Loss - Summer Slim Down #2

View Full Version : Summer Slim Down #2

sweetandspicy
05-18-2009, 09:17 AM
Summer Slim Down #2

Starting from Monday May18th Thursday June 18th

A 4 week challenge: to challenge ourselves to loose weight and feel great

A goal of creating a slimmer you, whether with weight loss, budget cuts, eliminating your house of clutter or whatever you need to accomplish to feel better about yourself.

Lets set 5 personal goals to change your life in a positive way

We will use this thread to support and inspire each other on our weight loss goals as well as lifestyle changes.

sweetandspicy
05-18-2009, 09:23 AM
I have finally realized that I am not just trying to loose weight I am trying to change my life for the better. Of course I want to be thin, that will always be in my mind, but I also need to loose weight for my health. I do not have any health problems yet, but I am sure in the future with all this extra weight I could easily develop them. so with my new life style I am also trying to "Slim down" the other areas of my life. Below are a few things I would like to do:

My personal goals:

1.Loose as much weight as possible for the next four weeks

2. Stay on plan- drink at least 64oz of water a day and no more Diet Mt. Dew

3. Exercise 3-5 times a week for at least 30 minutes each time

4. Clean out Closets – to reduce clutter, create space and have a yard sale

5. Figure out how to slim down my budget - save some $$$$

JLem311
05-18-2009, 10:50 AM
good thread amy! :) i'll be thinking about this and post back later!

cecil
05-18-2009, 11:36 AM
I am in!

5 goals

1) Lose at least 10 lbs by June 18th.

2) Get a handle on my anxiety and realize I can do this!

3) Continue my workout routine and try to add some strength training.

4) Clean Closets and get rid of things that are not being used. (Good one Amy)

5) Spend as much time with my son as possible!!!!!!!!!! This should actually be number 1.

Clanori
05-18-2009, 12:24 PM
This sounds like a great idea.I am in.

1.Lose at least 10 pounds.
2.Start exercising and doing my Yoga 3-5 times a week.Go for walks when my daughter asks.
3.Start visiting the farmers markets so I have no excuses not to have fresh veggies and fruit at a fair price.
4.Clean out my closet.Finally get rid of my clothes that are to big so I have no excuses to gain back my weight.
5.Avoid the wonderful desserts my daughter makes.Not feel bad when I have to tell her I will not have any.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wxKNfHS/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wxKNfHS/)

JLem311
05-18-2009, 03:20 PM
1. start journaling again
2. make sure to drink at least 80oz of water each day.
3. start exercising again.
4. workout at least 3x's each week.
5. put up a WL ticker again..by June 11th (six weeks post-partum)

Luckybustert
05-19-2009, 12:52 AM
Count me in!

1. To stay on plan (Red w/lites).
2. To exercise at least 3x a week for 45 minutes.
3. To finish that huge honkin' application to consolidate my student loans (finally got my degree in January 2009...woohoo!)
4. To declutter/organize my kitchen.
5. To drink 156 oz. of water a day. (It sounds like a lot, but this is the amount that makes me feel best.)

sweetandspicy
05-19-2009, 09:38 AM
The goals everyone has set are wonderful and very attainable. I think that by adding other goals this month I will not focus so much on trying to loose weight and share some of my focus on other things. I got started on my goals yesterday. So far I have gone 10 days with no diet Mt Dew so the no caffine headaches have finally stopped which is great. I did exercise Last night but had to cut it short to about 20 minutes to help with yard work so I think I got about 30 good minutes of some kind of movement. I also started on closet #1 and took a lot of clothes and some kitchen items to a domestic violence shelter this morning. I figured if I do a little bit every night i can accomplish my goals in a month. Also carrying boxes and cleaning is suppose to be good exercise too..

Luckybustert
05-19-2009, 10:18 AM
A friend told me that vitamin B-12 is helpful for getting past the caffeine headaches. I went out and got some and while I haven't fully tested her theory yet, I sure had more energy yesterday!

Stepped on the scale this morning.....237.....have 102 pounds to lose. Ugh! But like Amy says in her sig - one day at a time and one pound at a time.

KityCat
05-19-2009, 04:03 PM
Count me in and I am so very excited!!

These will be my goals:

1. Drink at least 64oz water (this is tough for me to get in daily)
2. Jillian 30 day shred ( and stay committed)
3. Stay on plan (journal food daily)
4. Clean out closets,get ready to have yard sale (earn extra $ hopefully!)
5. Gardening and planting flowers :)

I am off to a great start I have already been doing the jillian 30ds, and on Sunday our adult coed kickball started which will be on sundays, that is actually a work out, but it's really fun!!
I am also drinkin gslimfast for breakfast, as I barely have time for breakfast, nor like eating that early. Hopefully this will boost my metabolism or get things going earlier for me!! :)

Good luck to everyone. Looks like some of us have similar goals other than weight loss, which is great! I enjoy chatting about other stuff along with the weight loss just gives us a little ore to discuss and chat about!! :) LOL

kennedy5672
05-19-2009, 07:33 PM
Okay Ding...Ding...Ding... Round TWO. Hello ladies count me in for Summer Slim Down #2.

My WEIGHTLOSS goals starting from May 20th to June 18
1. Start keeping a food journal
2. Only eat frozen food entrees (Lean Cuisine) once a week only
3. Drink at last 64 oz. of water daily
4. Eat every 3 hours totaling 5 mini meals a day
5. Lose 10 pounds between 5/20 to 6/18

My PERSONAL goals starting from May 20th to June 18
1. Do Laundry every week regardless how little I have
2. Visit my mom more
3. Leave work on tim everyday at 4:30 pm

kennedy5672
05-19-2009, 08:03 PM
Mommyofsix: I love the whole clean the closet idea. I have all these clothes "skinny clothes" that I have had in my closet. I consider them good office clothes. Mind you some of them are about 12 years old. I am trying to figure out should I save them so I could fit in them later or get rid of them and get new stuff when I get to my goal weight. Boy am I so torn...(ha, ha, ha). You are right to about setting other goals it sure does take the mind of of the constant weight monitoring. Good for you that you got yourself to stop drinking Mountain Dew I know quite a few people who were addicted to it. But you will thank yourself later for staying away from it. I think it is so awesome that you donated a lot of your stuff to the domestic violence shelter. I am very much into helping that cause in addition to fighting teenage pregnancy which both runs in my family.

JLem311: Hey you had your baby, Congratulations. Did you do your walk yet.

Cecil: Wow I hear you about the anxiety I think I need to get a grip on myself too. My child says I have anger management issues (and boy does that make me so angry by hearing that - ha, ha, ha). But seriously that is an issue I really need to work on. I think it is something that runs in our family. Nice goals Cecil and good luck to us both on losing the 10 pounds. WE CAN DO IT :carrot:

Clanori: It feels good once you put your foot down and say NO thank you I can not eat this. I had a similar problem, I come from a family who loves to eat...and should I say eat all types of stuff..they especially love going out to restaurants. No I am looked at as a strange one because when I go to my family's house for dinner I would have my own food. I go to lunch with my girlfriends and while we are in the pizza place and they are scarfing down pizza and french fries with gravy I am pulling out my own lunch. NO MORE GIVING IN.

Luckybusert: Congratualtions on earning your degree! What do you have a degree in? I was about 237 pounds in 8/2008 and my total weightloss goal would be 117 pound weightloss. So I guess we can be buddies. If we focus and follow the plan to a T we will be there in no time.

KityKat: Kickball I want to play too! Is it too late to sign up? Maybe we should all join your team. Good Luck with your team sounds awesome.

Luckybustert
05-20-2009, 12:21 AM
Luckybusert: Congratualtions on earning your degree! What do you have a degree in? I was about 237 pounds in 8/2008 and my total weightloss goal would be 117 pound weightloss. So I guess we can be buddies. If we focus and follow the plan to a T we will be there in no time.

Bachelor of Science in Business with majors in Accounting and in Information Systems. Graduated with honors :)

I'm aiming for a little bit less of a weight loss because I normally don't look so good under about 135 lbs. And at 135 I normally look like I weigh less than that. But we'll see, I'm getting older and that tends to change the way things are distributed. LOL

Being buddies sounds good, and yes we WILL get there!

sweetandspicy
05-20-2009, 10:24 AM
I am very happy to see everyone posting and setting such positive goals. I know that with all of our determination and support we will all be able to reach our goals.

I walked last night and did some arm weight exercises. I bought one of those things (can't remember the name) that counts steps, distance and calories. I walked as long and as fast as I could and was quite disapointed at the estimated calories burnt. I know it is an estimate but I was sure hoping for more. Anyway it was some kind of exercise and I got my heart rate up fo awhile. On the opposite I doubled up my weight on my arms and did really well with my strength training. I really want my arms to slim down. But as in the past they are usually the last to loose. Oh well. I also went on line and researched some of the new tax credits and stimulus offers to see if any of it applied to our mortgage in an effort to save some $$.

Hope everyone has a wonderful wednesday!!!

KityCat
05-20-2009, 12:36 PM
Hi Girlies :)
Happy Wednesday. I am doing great with my water, Still working on journaling, I forgot to bring it with me today, I am going to write on paper and put in journal tonight after work. I also am trying to eliminate pop, I am only allowing myself to have it the late night I work, Mon/Wed/Fri. This should help me a little to cut down. Then I will have more time for water!! LOL

I will not be able to start planting until next weekend, we are going out of town this weekend, to my dad's house we haven't seen him since February. So it's time to visit!!

Kennedy: Kickball is fun, I wish you could all join!! We won one game and lost the other. Good start we have never palyed since school it's fun, alot of our friends that we say "we have kickball on Sunday" they all thought it was for my kids!! then I tell them no it's for adults!! LOL It's something that is getting more popular around here, and it's fun!!:)

Amy: That's great that you are doing well in strength training, you go girl!! So any luck with some tax breaks for the upcoming year?? :)

** I am trying to figure out if there is a better frozen meal than others?? I would like to start planning to bring a luch but I know they are high in sodium, any ideas for a hot meal for lunch. Or something good!?!?
Here are my ideas, if possible can someone let me know if they are good ideas for plan?
turkey cheese dogs
lean cuisine frozen meal ( I really like the french bread or pizza ones)
pitas? with chicken salad (wheat with lite mayo)?

**************Thanks so much for all your help!! :)****************

JerseyMadchen
05-20-2009, 01:02 PM
Hey guys!

I am in!

I will get back to you on my goals. I am going to go sit outside in the beautiful sunshine and think of my 5 goals! Thanks Amy!!

JerseyMadchen
05-20-2009, 01:22 PM
Ok, here goes...

1.) Lose 10 lbs. This is DEFINITELY doable!

2.) Walk at least 3 times a week.

3.) Get 100% unpacked and moved in.

4.) Drink at least 72oz. of water a day.

5.) Keep up with my daily devotions.

sweetandspicy
05-20-2009, 04:17 PM
Amy- you goals are great I love your new avatar. How are you liking Virgina? I am sure once you are back from your trip and get your home ready you will feel better and when school starts and you get in a routine you will definately not have time to be even a tad depressed. I also think the tennis class is a great idea and you will get so much exercise.

Kelly- I would go with the pita with chicken salad and low fat mayo I find that the frozen meals are so high in sodium that they make me retain a lot of water and do not really satisfy my hunger. Kickball sounds great. what a fun way to get exercise.

Kennedy- Hey we all need anger management from time to time. I think you setting a goal of leaving work by 4:30 would probably help with your stress level and that would help with the anger management all by itself??

Cecilia- now that it is summer i am sure you can do all kinds of fun things with your son.

Hope everyone is having a great day!! 2 more days until a 3 day weekend..

KityCat
05-20-2009, 04:30 PM
I messed up or actually fell of the wagon on my last day of take off as the oranges I do not care for, and I was eating nuts and felt like I failed once I found out they are no good!!!
SO I am wanting to do take off tomorrow and friday is anyone up or able to do this with me? Kenneedy you on board this time? :)

I am looking for other options other than juice, please does anyone know the options available for take off??
I have yet to incorporate my la lites that I have, I am not sure if I should just start taking them or if I need to wait until after take off?

Clanori
05-21-2009, 10:29 AM
My daughter had track and field day yesterday with her homeschool group.We had a blast.Walked around the park and helped the teachers chase there little ones so I figure I got some good exercise and sunshine.Also screen printed about 40 vests which is a great workout for my arms.I have been doing really well staying OP.I haven't lost any weight but my clothes feel looser so that is good.Hope everyone has a great day.

Luckybustert
05-21-2009, 11:09 AM
I am looking for other options other than juice, please does anyone know the options available for take off??
I have yet to incorporate my la lites that I have, I am not sure if I should just start taking them or if I need to wait until after take off?

My hubby and I just used cantaloupe in place of the juice. I don't believe the bars are used on take off, or at least they weren't on the list that we had received from our center.

sweetandspicy
05-21-2009, 11:18 AM
The new take off is of course the take of juice. only 6oz of protein and unlimited green veggies and 2 lites.

Kelly- I will be doing take off Tuesday and Wednesday 5-26 &5-27. I do the new version eat 2 oz of protein at b,l,d and eat veggies all day with the lites as snacks.

Lori- sounds like you did get some great exercise and it is showing. I tend to loose more inches than weight when I exercise and to me it is more about looking and feeling better not as much about the number on the scale. Because eventually that will go down too..

Suzanne- Do you think the canteloupe works as well as the juice?

I am so glad it is Thursday only thing better would be Friday! I am so looking forward to this weekend and catching up on some sleep and housework. I know that sounds boring but to me it sounds like heaven. I have been getting my exercise in and staying on plan so I am happy about that. I told the kids they had to help me get the clothes they cant wear anymore out of their closets. So I hope to work on that this weekend too. Hope everyone has a Terrific Thursday!!!

KityCat
05-21-2009, 01:06 PM
Amy: I will do the take off with you. I was thinking it has been two weeks, but next week it will be. I would rather wait until next week as I am going out of town this wknd, visisting my dad's side of the family and we haven't seen them since February so I am excited. I will probably do the oranges to see how that works, I was trying to save money and not buy the juice and the cantalope deff. will not work I can manage the oranges better, which is still hard for me. last night at work I only had 1/2 my diet coke that I allowed myself and I got in my work out (jillian) along with all water. The journaling is going ok for me, need to get small spiral noteook or something, I don't have lawl book they closed here! :(
Gardening and cleaning out house for garage sale will be next week once I am back in town.

How's is eveyone else doing with their goals??
Seems like ppl are really busy and not on here as much, I usually have time during the work week, weekends are hard, lately my internet at home has a mind of it's own and I hate it!

Luckybustert
05-22-2009, 02:12 AM
Suzanne- Do you think the canteloupe works as well as the juice?

I think so. After three days back on plan (2 of those days I did take take off using the canteloupe) I'd lost 4.8 pounds. That's about the same as I did when I started LAWL the first time and used the take off juice for the first 2 days. A bonus for me is that the canteloupe tastes so much better -- I really didn't like the taste of the take off juice, and another bonus is that it costs so much less.

Take off is really just a couple days on a low carb, high protein plan to jump start your weight loss. It breaks your sugar and carb cravings. Canteloupes have a low carb count (low enough that you can eat it on Induction when doing Atkins).

sweetandspicy
05-22-2009, 09:21 AM
Suzanne- thank you for the information about canteloupe as a substitute. I will use that next time. I have one more bottle of takeoff and I will use that this week. I do not care for the taste either, I think I would also do better having something sweet to eat.

Kelly- I hope you have a good trip and have a good time with your family. Great job with limiting your diet coke and getting all your water in. some days I feel like I might just float because I have drank so much water. Also I think using a small note book as a food journal is a great idea.

I am very glad it is Friday. We get to wear jeans on Fridays so last week I noticed the jeans i had been wearing were getting loose!! So last night I went to my closet and found some jeans I have not worn since Winter 2007 they fit!! I am so excited. The waist is a little snug but oh well!! I am sure it will loosen thoughout the day!! Anyway this is just the motivation that I need to continue on plan thoughout this weekend. Hope everyone has a Fabulous Friday and a great Memorial Day weekend!!!!!!

Clanori
05-22-2009, 10:23 AM
I am very glad it is Friday. We get to wear jeans on Fridays so last week I noticed the jeans i had been wearing were getting loose!! So last night I went to my closet and found some jeans I have not worn since Winter 2007 they fit!! I am so excited. The waist is a little snug but oh well!! I am sure it will loosen thoughout the day!! Anyway this is just the motivation that I need to continue on plan thoughout this weekend. Hope everyone has a Fabulous Friday and a great Memorial Day weekend!!!!!!
Congrats on the jeans.That is always a great feeling.Hope everyone is meeting there goals.I will be cleaning out my closet this weekend.Also planting my garden and putting in some more herbs.Hope everyone has a great weekend.

KityCat
05-22-2009, 02:13 PM
WOW!! Congrats On the jeans Amy!! I love that feeling there is no better feeling while loosing weight! What an accompllishment! WOO HOO!!!!

I will be doing take off next week on tuesday and wednesday with the oranges this time. I am not fond of cantalope and the juice costs more I will really do it and stick to plan as much as possible this wknd!! I just know we are going out on Saturday so I will have to keep the drinks lite and as fw as possible!! :)

Have a great wknd everyone! I will not be able to check in again until Tuesday, but you are all in my thoughts :)

kennedy5672
05-23-2009, 01:39 PM
I know I am tardy as ususal. But I see you guys are doing fabulous :)

It seems that many of us have that one common goal of besides losing weight to clean out that closet. I have a closet that is filled with clothes (skinny clothes I call them) every year I keep them, thinking I am going to use them some day. I was thinking since they are office clothes, you know blazers and skirts (e.g. suits) that they are pretty much oldie but goodies I have been holding on to them. As I am typing I am realizing that some of these clothes are probably over 12 years old (please don't laugh). Why am I holding on to them? Also I am realizing that I only know what is in part of my closet and in fact the whole closet in mine I just realized that my husband has his clothes hanging in the closet in our spare bedroom. Okay now that sounds whacky just me typing this. I guess at one time (back in my thinner days) I was a shopaholic.

Also let me tell you guys that I played hookie yesterday and went shopping with MOM. We went to Kohls because I need an outfit for a wedding I will be going to on Sunday. I will only be going to the wedding ceremony and not the reception anyway. My MOM found a really nice black dress that was previously $90.00 but was on sale for $30.00 and it happened to be my size. I belive that if I would have went in there previious to losing weight I would have come out in tears. So I am pretty happy about it. I am still deciding if I should wear this black dress or should I just were some dressy capries, colorful shirt and open toe strappy pumps. Because as I mentioed before I am only going for ceremony.

So let me take a poll with everyone should I keep the clothes that have been sitting in my closet for over ten years or donate them?
Please help me make a decision

Well I had my last weighin this past Thursday for Summer Slim Down #1 and I was 6 pounds short of my 20 pound weightloss goal. Even though I didn't meet either of the two challenges I previously had. I must say I learned a lot about myself and made wonderful friends along they way. Thank you ladies even though all conversations are through typing I appreciate each and every one of you.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Luckybustert: Good for you on your degree and with HONORS - woohoo. I know it must have took lots of commitment and self-discipline on your part. You go girl, WOW that is a nice drop on Take Off. Tell me what your eating was like, what food choices did you use for such a dramatic weightloss.

Mommyofsix: I want one of those walking pedometers but everytime I see them I talk myself out of buying it. That's is a very bad habit of mine. Good for you on increasing your execise. I also hear you about the upper arms. My arms are in such bad shape I would be suprised if they went back looking normal. I have some cords (training bands) I would like to start using again. I just need to find the papers that came with it so I know which excercises to do. I understand the whole concept of cleaning the house. When the house is clean and in order my overall mood is great. So great that everything else that's going on seems to fall in place. However, that's only me. Also, it puts everyone else in the house in a calm mood. Good for you on those jeans...I have these jeans in my drawer that I am dying to fit into.

KityKat: That is so nice that you are visiting your dad. That was one of my goals for this challenge to spend some more time with MOM. She spends lots of time watching TV and doesn't go anywhere and I worry about her. She spent many years taking care of my brother who had severe cerebral palsy and next month will be a whole year since he passed he was 40. Most of her time was spent making sure he was comfortable and had everything he needed and wanted so now we need to think of ways for her to spend her time doing other things. It's quite a challenge because for years she has built a wall around herself. But I am truly going to get her out there this summer and to enjoy everything and anything.

As far as your food journaling goes I am going to forward over to you what I use as far as Journaling my food intake.

As far as Lean Cuisines go I try to only use 1 per week due to the high sodium content. I try to choose the Lean Cuisines that are less than 200 calories and there are many to choose from. I stay away from the Flatbreads and the other stuff that fall into the 300 + calorie range. But of course this is just my preference. With my Lean Cuisine entree I usually have a salad with it and some cut up fruit and lots of water or sometimes I have hot green tea. Just remember that these meals are considered 1 protein and one starch regardless what it has in it.

Also sorry for not coming in and reading the posting like I promised myself I would because you asked me to to Take Off with you on Thursday and Friday. But I will do it with you this Tuesday and Wednesday :hug: As far as replacements for the TO Juice, oranges and cateloupe I don't know of any. My question would be what do they all have in common that they say you can use either one? Is it Vitamin C? Are they considered part of that "SuperFood" concept? If it's Vitamin C kiwi I think has more Vitamin C than an oranage. I am currently following the Purple Plan with Adkins Protein Bars which are great.

JerseyMadChen: I am in with you for the 10 pound weight loss. That would put me in what Amy calls Onederland. I am so excited and I can not weight.

Clanori: Yes it sounds like what you did on that one day might be equivalent to a weeks worth of excercise WOW! Also, it seems as if you enjoyed the whole thing. :) Congratulations with staying OP and for your close feeling loser. I like that feeling. I bought a pair of pants in a smaller size. I can put them on but I can not zip them. So I am eager to see when I can start using them comfortably.

Hey Cecil ... How are you?

kennedy5672
05-23-2009, 01:49 PM
I forgot to mention. I must honestly admit the reason why I never ventured out to eat fruit like cantelope, watermelon, grapefruit, honeydew etc... is because I do not know how to accurately measure it using a cup.

Can someone help me?
Should I cut them in fine pieces and put them in a measuring cup.
Does anyone know in terms of ounces how many ouces of cantelope is equivalent to one cup. It can't be 8 oz. right?

Thanks for your help Ladies :)

Luckybustert
05-23-2009, 03:13 PM
I am very glad it is Friday. We get to wear jeans on Fridays so last week I noticed the jeans i had been wearing were getting loose!! So last night I went to my closet and found some jeans I have not worn since Winter 2007 they fit!! I am so excited. The waist is a little snug but oh well!! I am sure it will loosen thoughout the day!! Anyway this is just the motivation that I need to continue on plan thoughout this weekend.

:bravo: What a great feeling that must have been!!

Luckybustert
05-23-2009, 03:17 PM
I will be doing take off next week on tuesday and wednesday with the oranges this time. I am not fond of cantalope and the juice costs more

Kelly, I'm looking forward to hearing how TO goes for you with the oranges. I haven't tried with oranges yet, and I'm thinking it might help stave off boredom if I do cantaloupe one time and oranges the next....I like having some options :)

Luckybustert
05-23-2009, 03:37 PM
So let me take a poll with everyone should I keep the clothes that have been sitting in my closet for over ten years or donate them?
Please help me make a decision

It depends.....if they are in classic cuts and colors, I'd say keep them. Also, I'd keep one pair of jeans that you REALLY LIKED the way you looked in as a benchmark. (Sometimes the scales aren't as accurate a depiction of our progress as how we look in our clothes because we've been exercising and getting smaller but muscle weighs more than fat so the number on the scale looks like less progress than we've really made).

If the clothes are trendy, I'd probably get rid of them.....trends do come back around but usually not in quite the same way as before.

Luckybustert:WOW that is a nice drop on Take Off. Tell me what your eating was like, what food choices did you use for such a dramatic weightloss.

I used one cantaloupe per day in place of the TO juice, and I did the same menu both days:

Breakfast:
2 eggs (over easy cooked in butter)
1/3 of the cantaloupe

Lunch:
1/3 of the cantaloupe
Salad:
iceburg lettuce
sliced raw zucchini
grilled chicken strips
1 TBSP olive oil
1 TBSP of balsamic vinegar
Spicy Mrs. Dash sprinkled on it to taste

Dinner:
1/3 of the cantaloupe
1 or 2 grilled hamburger patties with Montreal Steak Seasoning sprinkled on them (we bought some ground beef and made up enough patties for both days and cooked them on the grill the first night, heated them up in the microwave the next night)
Salad:
iceburg lettuce
sliced raw zucchini
1 TBSP olive oil
1 TBSP of balsamic vinegar
Spicy Mrs. Dash sprinkled on it to taste

Drank plenty of water.

Was not hungry at all between meals!

Luckybustert
05-23-2009, 03:45 PM
I forgot to mention. I must honestly admit the reason why I never ventured out to eat fruit like cantelope, watermelon, grapefruit, honeydew etc... is because I do not know how to accurately measure it using a cup.

Can someone help me?
Should I cut them in fine pieces and put them in a measuring cup.
Does anyone know in terms of ounces how many ouces of cantelope is equivalent to one cup. It can't be 8 oz. right?

Thanks for your help Ladies :)

This is one of the reasons why I was asking for recommendations on a kitchen scale -- it'd be more accurate to weigh my food than to use measuring cups. I think we've finally decided on the one we want: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=14816640 We went to Bed, Bath & Beyond yesterday to look at them but didn't buy yet because we have a 20% off coupon around here that I want to use (wasn't planning to stop at BB&B or I would've had it with me)....that'll be about $10 off so I figured it was worth it to wait.

sweetandspicy
05-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Well everything I typed just got erased. Anyway i weighed in today only down one pound. wish it was more but anyhing is great and i kept the 6 pounds off from lst week so that makes me happy.

Kennedy- get rid of them!! you deserve to buy new clothes after all your weight loss.

Suzanne- you are so informative i am glad you joined the thread.

To everyone else have a wonderful weekend and memorial day!!!

Heather5
05-24-2009, 10:15 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

I hope you are all enjoying the holiday weekend! We finally have nice weather, so I have been trying to get in as much walking as possible!

Things have been crazy here at my house the past week. I am interviewing for a new job with a school district that is practically next to my house. I made it through the first round and now I have to prepare a lesson to teach on Tuesday morning! The law of sines & cosines ugh!!!!!

I have fallen off the wagon, but I am getting back on today. My plan is to do a TO next week after the long weekend to get back into the swing of things!

Summer Challenge #2 Goals:
1) Lose 6 pounds.
2) Journal everyday
3) Drink 64 oz of water everyday

kennedy5672
05-26-2009, 07:32 AM
I hope everyone enjoyed this weekend. For most people yesterday was the first day that kicked off the summer but we all secretly know that summer comes in June. (ha, ha, ha)

I went to a wedding on Sunday...and let me tell you I looked smashing. I think I shocked the heck out of a lot of people because one they don't normaly see me in a dress with strapy high heels, two have never seen me with a slightly punging neckline, three probably didn't know I had nice boobies to fill in the dress and boy did I look good. Sorry for the boobie comment but I looked and felt pretty darn good. It has been such a long time since I was able to fit into something real nice and on top of it look nice in it too. Also, I think I am going to buy a bathing suit this summer. I saw some really nice ones a Target that looked nice pretty but concealing (thank goodness for the bathing suit industry that realized that there are more than just two categories of bathing suits)

I will doing Take Off today I believe with MommyofSix and KityKat.
My starting weight is 200 pounds. Let see how much I will weigh after TO.

Everyone have a great day and I will check in later on today from work.

sweetandspicy
05-26-2009, 10:16 AM
Good Tuesday Morning to you all..

Glad there are only 4 work days this week. I love a 3-day weekend. wish it was that way every week. Today of course is very busy trying to make up for yesterday. one of my co-workers was fired on Friday not sure why but the gossip mill is on overdrive anyway so you can imagine coming to work on a Tuesday after a holiday and now we are down one worker and our supervisor is on vacation. The only good thing from this is I am doing Takeoff today and I am so busy I will not have to worry about what I am not getting to eat.

Kennedy- Congrats on your wedding dress, it sounds like you had a wonderful time and lthat you looked and felt fantastic. I am sure that is exactly what you needed to keep you motivated. You definately need to buy a swimsuit, I saw the ones a target and they are cute. I like that you can buy different sizes in tops and bottoms. Old Navy has some good ones too however they are a little more revealing than the Target ones. Also I don't mind the boobie talk if you have got it flaunt it...Glad you are joining us in Takeoff. I am hoping for a big loss too.

Heather5- good luck with your lesson plans. Sounds like a great oppurtunity.

I will try to post more later hope everyone has a great on plan day!!!

Luckybustert
05-26-2009, 12:59 PM
I am interviewing for a new job with a school district that is practically next to my house. I made it through the first round and now I have to prepare a lesson to teach on Tuesday morning! The law of sines & cosines ugh!!!!!

Congratulations on making it through the first round, Heather, and good luck with your lesson today! I have to agree....law of sines & cosines....ugh is right!!! :)

I have fallen off the wagon, but I am getting back on today. My plan is to do a TO next week after the long weekend to get back into the swing of things!

Way to go getting back on the wagon......we all fall off it at times and one very real key to success is to not give up at that point!

Luckybustert
05-26-2009, 01:08 PM
I hope everyone enjoyed this weekend. For most people yesterday was the first day that kicked off the summer but we all secretly know that summer comes in June. (ha, ha, ha)

Oh I'm just pea green with envy! Summer normally comes in July here and stays for maybe 6 to 8 weeks if I'm lucky. I think I've had the wood stove going every month except August so far. (I can't complain really.....we are having incredibly WARM, BEAUTIFUL WEATHER here this week! No rain :) )

I went to a wedding on Sunday...and let me tell you I looked smashing. I think I shocked the heck out of a lot of people because one they don't normaly see me in a dress with strapy high heels, two have never seen me with a slightly punging neckline, three probably didn't know I had nice boobies to fill in the dress and boy did I look good. Sorry for the boobie comment but I looked and felt pretty darn good. It has been such a long time since I was able to fit into something real nice and on top of it look nice in it too. Also, I think I am going to buy a bathing suit this summer. I saw some really nice ones a Target that looked nice pretty but concealing (thank goodness for the bathing suit industry that realized that there are more than just two categories of bathing suits)

That is AWESOME! So glad to hear you had a great time showing off your new bod.....its definitely fun and you deserve to enjoy it :)

I will doing Take Off today I believe with MommyofSix and KityKat.

Well shoot...I must be on the opposite schedule of everyone else.....I'll be doing TO next week. Wishing you all a very successful TO and a great week!!

Luckybustert
05-26-2009, 01:11 PM
You definately need to buy a swimsuit, I saw the ones a target and they are cute. I like that you can buy different sizes in tops and bottoms. Old Navy has some good ones too however they are a little more revealing than the Target ones.

I was also surprised to find that Costco has some very nice, very high quality swimsuits at very good prices.

KityCat
05-26-2009, 04:10 PM
Just checking in quickly don't have any time to read sorry. I will catch up later.............
I am doing ok on to today. I will have to check in later. I did horrible over the weekend. I ate all fatty foods. I am feeling really bloated and totally regretting it. I NEED TO GET BACK ON PLAN!!!!!!!! Have to feel better about this or I will give up I keep telling my self I Can do this

sweetandspicy
05-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Kelly- you can do this and just think of takeoff as a detox and just what you need after a weekend of not so great choices. Now on Thursday you can make better choices and start the summer off healthier and right.

JLem311
05-26-2009, 04:23 PM
ok..i don't want to put up a ticker. ugh. i don't want to admit how much weight i gained while i was pregnant..and how little i've lost in the past month since baby X was born. :(

Clanori
05-26-2009, 07:08 PM
Didn't have a great weekend food wise but didn't do to bad.The good news is I didn't gain any weight.My daughter got her permit today so that was kinda nerve racking and exciting all at the same time.Its weird how fast they grow up.Well here's to a better week.Hope everyone had a great weekend.

kennedy5672
05-27-2009, 12:18 AM
It is about 11:11 pm Tuesday night over in my end, I am geting ready to go to sleep. I seem to have had a pretty successful Day #1 of Take Off. I can't wait for Thursday to get here where I can go back to eating regular plan foods. After today I am starting to think that eating is overrated. Right now I am having an issue with my allergies. So I am going to get a wonderlful nigth sleep so I can wake up for TO 2

sweetandspicy
05-27-2009, 10:57 AM
Good morning to you all.
Day 2 of Takeoff is off and running and I can not wait for it to be over. I guess because of the restrictions but during takeoff all I do is think about food and dream about food. Not even junk foods I think things like if I could just have some carrotts how bad would that be?? Oh well I know it is just my mind playing tricks on me.

Closet #2 was cleaned out this weekend and hopefully 2 more this next weekend. I have been exercising some everyday but I really need to step it up. Last night I was all prepared to do my cardio DVD when the power went out so I tried to do what i could remember. This weekend we also bought some new parts for our air conditioner that is suppose to be energy efficent and save money so that will help with my budget slimming.

Hope everyone has a wonderful wednesday.

Jillian- I would wait on the ticker for as long as you want too. You just had a baby you are still retaining water probably still waiting for the swelling to go down..take your time and do not worry about it.. The weight will come off!!

JLem311
05-27-2009, 11:07 AM
thanks amy--the sad part is, i didn't swell really at all with this pregnancy. i think it was because of the months i was pregnant--fall/winter/spring. so there wasn't much heat to make me swell. idk. i think i've lost all the weight i'm gonna lose until i get back to my exercise and eating plan. i've been eating healthy, just not enough. i need to make more time to eat, but baby X is so demanding right now, it's tough.

but the good news is, i'm back to journaling and getting all my water in! :)

JerseyMadchen
05-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Hey guys!

Wow, it's tough to keep up with you!! YOu move so fast through the pages!!

I am starting OP today... with the exercising from tennis and Wii Fit, and walking I should drop it faster than usual!

Jillian- don't worry about ticker. I have to make a new one since I was last OP and it's not looking good!

Have a great day guys!

JLem311
05-27-2009, 11:20 AM
i guess i was almost to my goal and then got pregnant and have to start all over....yet AGAIN! and i'm pissed and it sucks. :( i know i can do it again, because i've done it three times before, but it just sucks to know i'm back to square one.

kennedy5672
05-27-2009, 02:15 PM
Hey Ladies I hope everyone is doing well. Happy Wednesday to you all. I went to bed yesterday feeling horrible do to my allergies and of course misplaced my medicine. Actually I am taking my son's medicine since he only uses it once in a blue moon. Today was Day #2 on Take Off and I woke up with my allergies cleared up but now with a stomach ache. I made it in to work started to feel a little better and then BOOM I started to feel worse again. So I had to leave work early. I don't know if I am coming down with something or is my stomach upset because I had a lot of beef yesterday. We grilled a lot of food on Sunday so we had so much left over and I ate a lot of it on Monday. Maybe I over ate. Also, I am not a beef eater either. I hate feeling crappy.

JerseyMadchen: I am hearing a lot about this Wii Fit and my friends just love it they are confident that it helps them lose weight. I was under the impression that I could just go to the store and pick up just the Wii Fit but my son said that I needed the actual Wii to go with it. Of course at first I though he was just trying to trick me to buy the Wii but from what my friends tell me its true (now don't I feel silly). I might break down and give one to my son for his birthday. We'll see! Unfortunately we have an Xbox 360 which started out as something my husband bought my son "wink=wink" yeah right my husband loves the game so much that he doesn't want to share with anyone (ha, ha, ha -- how funny is that)

Mommyofsix: Good for you for staying POP and incorporating excercise into your routine. Also way to go on closet #2. Also, thank you for advising me to get rid of my clothes. Because I have decided to do it you are right I deserve new stuff some how you must know me because I really have a hard time spending money on myself. I am so quick to buy stuff for family and friends but when it comes to me I will talk myself out of everything.

KityCat
05-27-2009, 03:31 PM
Hi ladies. Just checking in, I failed yet again yesterday and had pizza of all things pizza!! I am totally on to today and feel like I need to discipline myself and should be on to all week. I can not believe alll my mistakes. I am frustrated! URGH!!!
I am doing to with oranges, they are getting easier to eat. THat's a plus, I am not really drinking pop, a little last night at work and I think before that was last wednesday. So I will prob be eliminating that completely very soon. Yeah one thing will work out for me!! I am prob going to be giving my notice at my night job, it's just getting to be too much I wasnt more time with my kids and thinking about going back to school, nursing maybe. I am just tossing the idea around right now as my hubby is still in school for one more year........ I have to work yet again tonight so I will do my best to catch up and check in later or tomor. Good luck to all, especially if you are on TO!!!!!!

Luckybustert
05-27-2009, 03:42 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm still hanging out at home with the cold/flu thing going on. I finally have an appointment with my doctor at 6:10 p.m. tonight, and I've dropped another 2.6 pounds for a total of 8 pounds lost. Hoping it comes of as easily when I'm feeling better :) I'm sure all the water I've been drinking has been helpful and I've been POP with the exception of a couple days I didn't get all my fruit in.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Luckybustert
05-27-2009, 03:52 PM
Hi ladies. Just checking in, I failed yet again yesterday and had pizza of all things pizza!! I am totally on to today and feel like I need to discipline myself and should be on to all week. I can not believe alll my mistakes. I am frustrated! URGH!!!
I am doing to with oranges, they are getting easier to eat. THat's a plus, I am not really drinking pop, a little last night at work and I think before that was last wednesday. So I will prob be eliminating that completely very soon. Yeah one thing will work out for me!! I am prob going to be giving my notice at my night job, it's just getting to be too much I wasnt more time with my kids and thinking about going back to school, nursing maybe. I am just tossing the idea around right now as my hubby is still in school for one more year........ I have to work yet again tonight so I will do my best to catch up and check in later or tomor. Good luck to all, especially if you are on TO!!!!!!

How much pizza did you have? We can have pizza on LAWL...just not the *whole* pizza :) Of course if you were trying to do TO, the pizza would need to wait until you are done with those two days but remember there will be other pizza and it will be just as good as the one you passed up.

Eliminating pop completely is a great idea.....the regular type will put weight on pretty quickly from all the sugar, and the diet type isn't much better at all because it increases cravings for carbohydrates....not to mention all the bloating from the carbonation!

I've gotten to the point now where I will order a glass of water instead of a diet soda when hubby and I go out to dinner. Haven't tried this at a bar yet....thinking I'll probably still go for a diet soda with lemon there but maybe club soda or Perrier and lemon or lime would be a good alternative.

sweetandspicy
05-27-2009, 04:12 PM
Kennedy- we do not have the fit game but we do have the Wii, it is a lot of fun and completely interactive. We do a lot of the sports games as a family and it is fun, somehow in a home with 7 males I am the best boxer?? so who knew. you can create avatars so when you play you look like a mini-version of you on screen. My friend Mary got the Wii fit and she said it was great it has different levels and different games including yoga and step. When you buy the wii fit board and step on it it gives your weight,bmi ect. The only downfall is it changes you avatar to look like what you weigh she said hers has a flat tire stomach. Hope you find your meds and feel better soon!!!

Kelly- You should go to nursing school, there are always nursing jobs available. Go to the library and get some books on nursing school that will help make your mind up

Lucky- hope you feel better

Jillian- you are doing great, journaling helps and it sounds like you are not eating enough. When DH is home try to make some quick healthy snacks that you can grab and eat on the go, that might help some. Put things in baggies or small containers and eat while she is eating or napping on your lap. When you have a new baby you forget about everything except taking care of the baby, don't forget about you!!

sweetandspicy
05-27-2009, 04:13 PM
Kennedy- we do not have the fit game but we do have the Wii, it is a lot of fun and completely interactive. We do a lot of the sports games as a family and it is fun, somehow in a home with 7 males I am the best boxer?? so who knew. you can create avatars so when you play you look like a mini-version of you on screen. My friend Mary got the Wii fit and she said it was great it has different levels and different games including yoga and step. When you buy the wii fit board and step on it it gives your weight,bmi ect. The only downfall is it changes you avatar to look like what you weigh she said hers has a flat tire stomach. Hope you find your meds and feel better soon!!!

Kelly- You should go to nursing school, there are always nursing jobs available. Go to the library and get some books on nursing school that will help make your mind up

Jillian- you are doing great, journaling helps and it sounds like you are not eating enough. When DH is home try to make some quick healthy snacks that you can grab and eat on the go, that might help some. Put things in baggies or small containers and eat while she is eating or napping on your lap. When you have a new baby you forget about everything except taking care of the baby, don't forget about you!!

sweetandspicy
05-27-2009, 04:14 PM
Kennedy- we do not have the fit game but we do have the Wii, it is a lot of fun and completely interactive. We do a lot of the sports games as a family and it is fun, somehow in a home with 7 males I am the best boxer?? so who knew. you can create avatars so when you play you look like a mini-version of you on screen. My friend Mary got the Wii fit and she said it was great it has different levels and different games including yoga and step. When you buy the wii fit board and step on it it gives your weight,bmi ect. The only downfall is it changes you avatar to look like what you weigh she said hers has a spare tire stomach. Hope you find your meds and feel better soon!!!

Jillian- you are doing great, journaling helps and it sounds like you are not eating enough. When DH is home try to make some quick healthy snacks that you can grab and eat on the go, that might help some. Put things in baggies or small containers and eat while she is eating or napping on your lap. When you have a new baby you forget about everything except taking care of the baby, don't forget about you!!:smug:

sweetandspicy
05-27-2009, 04:15 PM
3 post not sure what thats about...

kennedy5672
05-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Well it about 4:00 pm I ate a little something when I got home and then went to sleep. I woke up feeling a whole lot better. I was little nervous about how I was feeling. The media puts everyone in a frenzy about the swine flu. I read in the paper that there was a confimed case of a school child in Clifton, NJ in my same town who came down with the flu. So I kind of got a little nervous. I hope that kid get proper treatment and gest better soon.

KityKat: I understand what you are going through. I have been there many times before (messing up during TO). What do you think is making you fall off the wagon? I know time can be a big issue and taking the time to be preapred is the key. I find that those days I wake up late and don't have time to get my food ready to bring with me I end up making horrible choices because I am hungry, weak and agitated. Being prepared is very important during the early phase because your body is still in the process of craving what it used to consume. Once you get the ball rolling it becomes easier and easier. I try to make a list of "MUST HAVES" things that I need to be successful I listed them on the Summer Slim Down #1 thread I might also call it a "LAWL Check List" aside from my usual household grocery store shopping list. If there is anything that we can do to help let us know. Also, what Luckysbert said about soda (pop) is so true. Yes diet might be better than regular but water beats them all. Good for you about going back to school I think it is a wonderful idea I think that sounds great.

Luckybusert: I hope you feel better and WOOHOO to you on those 2.6 pounds.

Mommyofsix: Oh yeah I forgot about all those cool features. I think I recall my friend telling me some of those things. I think she also said they have it where you can make friends online or exercise together with them or have challenges with them? Soemthing like that? I keep hearing about a Hoola Hoop feature that some people say they like.

Well now I really feel better so better that I want to go outside to ride my bike but I think I should stay inside and relax. Chat with you guys soon.

P.S. I can't wait for TO to be over I am dying for a yogurt :carrot:

Heather5
05-27-2009, 09:54 PM
I am back on the wagon for what feels like the 100th time. I am down a pound since Monday!!!! I have been doing a ton of walking with my BF, so I think that helped. One of my goals was to journal everyday, so to help keep me on track I am going to post it:

Breakfast:
yogurt
Kashi go lean
raspberries
coffee

Snack:
Luna Bar

Lunch:
Chicken fajita (without the wrap)

Snack:
Luna Bar

Dinner:
homemade chicken pot pie (without the breading)
garden salad
skinny cow mini ice cream bar

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend! Sorry I have not had a chance to ready any of the posts. I will have more time tomorrow to catch up! Talk to you later!

kennedy5672
05-28-2009, 12:54 AM
I am so happy a couple more minutes and TO is history. Thank goodness I would love to get my hands on a cherry vanilla yogurt and my wonderful protein bars.

Heather5: Congrtulations on starting back on the plan. I like the idea of you posting your journal entries I might use some of your menu ideaqs. I tend to get bored with my food choices and I am too lazy to try anything that sounds difficult.

Luckybustert
05-28-2009, 01:03 AM
Luckybusert: I hope you feel better and WOOHOO to you on those 2.6 pounds.

Just got back from the doctor a little while ago and the cold/flu thingy is now a sinus and bronchial infection thingy.....so lucky me not only gets a 14 day course of antibiotics, I also get 8 days on PREDNISONE......GRRRRRRR! I can feel the weight piling back on already :(

Ok, ok....reality check....just need to not get so frustrated I fall off the wagon.....the weight from the prednisone will go away as soon as I stop taking it.....must remember that.

But doggone it....just when I was on a major weight loss roll!!! The timing sure sucks.

sweetandspicy
05-28-2009, 09:36 AM
I am glad takeoff is over. i made it though successfully. I have never been so excited to eat oatmeal as I was this morning. Last night when I was packing my lunch for today I actually got excited about eating carrots and yogurt and apples oh my... I do not weigh in until Saturday so i am hoping for any kind of loss. I did go for a mile walk last night and I kept up a quick pace the entire time so I am happy with that. Next time I am going to walk further. My baby loves to walk and anytime it is not raining I should take advantage of that plus with my house full of boys it is the only chance of peace I could possibly have during the day time hours. I am taking a staycation in June and I am planning on walking once in the morning and once in the evening and see if I can get some endurance built up.

My little garden is coming along nicely. With all the rain we are having I am expecting some great tomatoes and herbs. My son yesterday said he thought we should get a cow to help with the mowing and have fresh milk. I don't think the neighborhood association would like it but I thought it was a good idea. My husband would love to move and live on a farm. I would love to grow more and have some horses but I sure do love the convinence of the city.

Kennedy- you can connect the Wii on line and interact with others. We have not done that yet but it would be fun. I told my husband last night I wanted to get the wii fit he said i would never get a chance to use it with the kids on the wii all the time. But I could figure something out.

Lucky- sorry about all the meds but you will feel better and the weight will come off after you stop taking the meds.

Heather- great job getting back on track, your food choice were great. way to go!!

Hope everyone has a Terrific Thursday!!!

JLem311
05-28-2009, 10:24 AM
i'm on day #3 of journaling and getting all my water in! :)

haven't had a chance to start my exercise routine yet, but i will be once i hit 6wks post partum...and hopefully baby X will be a bit more on a schedule (yeah right!) so i can at least have 30mins to get on my elliptical.

Luckybustert
05-28-2009, 12:41 PM
My little garden is coming along nicely. With all the rain we are having I am expecting some great tomatoes and herbs. My son yesterday said he thought we should get a cow to help with the mowing and have fresh milk. I don't think the neighborhood association would like it but I thought it was a good idea. My husband would love to move and live on a farm. I would love to grow more and have some horses but I sure do love the convinence of the city.

My husband and I are wanting a farm about 45 minutes outside of the city.....close enough to visit, shop, etc....but not so close we have neighbors up our wazzooos all the time. A friend of mine has an organic pig farm....talk about some incredibly delicious pork!....she sells it at the local farmers markets, and last I was there she had a really nice garden started. I want to do some gardening, but afraid to put one in....or two very large dogs like fruits and vegetables and I just know they will get to them before I have a chance to. Just not wanting to put in that much work to give them fruit 'n veggie "doggie treats"!

sweetandspicy
05-29-2009, 11:44 AM
Hello to everyone!!! So glad it is Friday and the weekend is so near. Hope everyone is having a great on plan week.

I weigh in tomorrow so we will see if TO did its job. I have always been good at keep track of my food but i have been off this week and messed up last night by eating an extra strach, but it was a whole wheat sandwhich just 100 calories so not the worst mistake I could make. I did get in 30 minutes of good cardio last night and for the first time in a long time baby Andrew slept all night without a peep so i got a great night sleep.

Lucky- that is hilarious about your dogs..

Jillian- good job with the journaling and water with a newborn baby that is great. Hope your weekend goes well..

To everyone else hope you have a great weekend!!!

kennedy5672
05-29-2009, 08:04 PM
I am so happy it is Friday. I had a productive week for a change. I however, have been slacking in my studies so I really need to get started with it today.

My eating is going well. I am still falling in the same rutt of missing food portions. Not because I forget to eat them but because I am not eating on time. I really really need to get back eating on schedule. I am have been making the right food choices but I need to find a way to do the 5 mini meals a day. I think that is what is making the scale not move. The scale does not want to move off the the 200 pound mark and it is killing me. Especially I thought that I was going to see a weight drop after TO. This is the second time I am doing take off and see a ZERO pound weight loss and I can't figure it out. I think I am going to try the way you are doing it Mommyofsix next time I do it.

Well ladies I hope you all have a nice weekend.

Luckybustert
05-29-2009, 09:40 PM
Hi all.....just a quick fly-by to say hello :wave:

The combo of the prednisone and the antibiotic seem to be keeping me awake....I think I've slept maybe 3 hours out of the last 48. I'm extremely tired, just can't sleep. Hubby wants to go to a gun show tomorrow. I want to stay home and try to get some sleep...lol...maybe he can go without me this time.

All the talk about the Wii has me wanting one. Sounds like fun :)

Heather5
05-30-2009, 08:44 AM
Good Morning! The weekend is finally here!

It is funny that you guys are all talking about a wii because I have wanted one for a while. Just the other night I was looking online at some trying to decide whether to wait or not. Is the wii fit worth it? I have heard different things about the wii fit. I like playing guitar hero!!

Well, I made it to the final interview round! I have to go back in next Friday to meet with the Superintendent. I wish I knew how many other people were interviewing for this position.:dancer:

Kennedy-- Good luck studying! This is such a hard time of year to get focused on studying. Hopefully you are almost done! Check out the salad I had for dinner last night! It is so easy to make and it has a bit of a sweet flavor. This helps my sweet tooth at night.

Mommyofsix-- Good luck at your weigh in today!

Luckybustert-- I hope you feel better. I hate being sick especially when the weather is starting to get nice.

Talk to everyone later!

Food Journal for Friday 5/29:

Breakfast:
Slim Down shake

Snack:
Luna Bar

Lunch:
yogurt (1/2 dairy)
raspberries
kashi go lean cereal

Snack:
Luna Bar

Dinner:
salad with walnuts, feta cheese, strawberries & poppy seed dressing! (This is my favorite salad)
asparagus
baked tilapia

sweetandspicy
05-30-2009, 03:02 PM
The weekend is finally here!!

I weighed in today and lost 3 pounds!!!

Heather- congratulations on making through the second part. also great job on food choices.

Kennedy- you have got to remember to eat girl..I hope you can figure it out. I try to eat at the same time everyday and if i dont my tummy reminds me..you have done so well you will get over this plateau. looked at a wii fit last night and they are now $20 cheaper than at Christmas. So that is good.

Luck- sorry you are having such a hard time...

kennedy5672
05-31-2009, 02:39 PM
It's currently 77 degrees in New Jersey going up to 79 degrees and the sun is shining. Days like today make me want to play hookie tommorow. I plan on taking a week off soon. Each day will be dedicated to cleaning a specific room in my house. I must do some major cleaning and purging before it gets really hot. I would love to paint as well (possibly each room a different color). Would you guys believe that I want to go clothes shopping. I don't ever recall myself saying I want to go clothes shopping just for the heck of it. I guess I am starting to get my confidence back and that is a great thing. :)

MommyofSix: WOW I just love your progress. Thanks for the support. I did real well yesterday geting all my foods in. Today however, I woke up at 10:00 am which is something that I did not want to do. Tommorow starts a new day for me. I will make every effort to eat on time. My goal is to eat at 6 am, 9 am, 12 pm, 3 pm and at 6 or 7 pm. I have the self control and eating right done pack but just getting it all in is such a challenge. MommyofSix does LAWL have cereal bars I thought I remembered them can you let me know. Also tell mee the next time you are on TO I know you are schduled for it every two weeks I would like to do it again but do it your way this time.

Heather5: I love your food journal I am definetely going to steal some of your ideas (ha, ha, ha)

Lucky: I hope you are feeling a little better.

JLem311: All your kiddies are beautiful...Your doing a good job with journaling. Keep it up and before you know it you will be back on the plan. I think you should start the next Challenge so we can jump on board.

JerseyMadchen: Can I come over to do Wii Fit with you I am so sad that I don't have one (ha, ha, ha)

KityKat: I hope you are doing fine. We are thinking about you

Clanori: I hope all is good with you and that your daughter is not driving you too crazy with her permit. It is such an exciting time for them.

Cecil: Hey Cecil Sweetie how are your studies coming along. I hope you are okay and enjoying your days.

sweetandspicy
06-01-2009, 09:37 AM
Good Monday Morning to you all. I wonder why the weekends fly by? Because we have to catch up on everything we missed during the week? I do not know but today I feel like I shut my eyes for 10 minutes and Monday is already here. I do not know why it is bothering me. It is like this most weekends I guess it is the summer that makes it worse. Anyway sorry for complaining. Did well this weekend was very happy with my 3 pound loss. I was motivated to move to level 3 of my exercise DVD and I was rather suprised that I did well. It did not have push ups which is my down fall, so that is a plus. The true test will be the next time I do it to see if I can make it though again. I am going to try to do cardio 3 days a week and walk the other 3 and do weights every other day. I think I do better when I mix things up. I cleaned out the baby's closet this weekend and packed up and gave away all the little clothes he can no longer wear. It was very sad but i do have to admit I kept 2 things just for sentiment. I am someday going to make a quilt out of his old clothes so he can have it when he gets older or so I can keep it. who knows. Anyway hope everyone is doing well and staying on plan!!

Kennedy- I love your new picture you look beautiful and very happy. I am also happy you are getting some confidence back, you deserve it you have worked so hard and you should be excited to buy some new clothes.. I am not sure about the ceral bars I will have to ask. I usually just tune them out when they talk about products because I do not want to purchase anything else.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!!!

RayStar
06-01-2009, 09:52 AM
Hi E1 reading many posts on this thread is inspiring to me. I have been reading many posts on this forum. I love this place.

JerseyMadchen
06-01-2009, 10:32 AM
Good Morning!

Hope you guys are doing well!

Kennedy- I would love to play Wii Fit with someone, my husband won't play with me! Ugh! I am in VA now though... moved here about 2weeks ago.

AmyM- a few weeks( or days..) ago you said your center was coming out with a new plan. I may have missed that thread or post, but what was it about? I am curious...

Jillian- great job on the journaling! That's the start! You'll be down again to prebaby weight so fast!! YOu're amazing!

RayStar- Welcome!!

Luckybustert
06-01-2009, 10:58 AM
Good Morning! Did everyone enjoy the weekend?

Today I'm on the second day of TO. I've lost another 0.6 pounds (in spite of the prednisone!) for a total weight loss this past week of 3.2 pounds :carrot:

I'm one of those people who really needs to see some progress to stay motivated, so the weight loss even though I'm taking the prednisone made me feel really, really good this morning. Now I'm ready to kick the exercise up a notch....going to try to make it to an aqua aerobics class this afternoon after work.

Has anyone taken a Hoopnotica class? I'm thinking about trying one out later this week....need to find a hula hoop first, the class description said they had a limited number of them so would probably be best if I took my own equipment so I wouldn't have to risk doing without.

Have a wonderful Monday!

KityCat
06-01-2009, 12:54 PM
Hi Girls:
Just checking in again.WOrk has been soo busy. I am feeling very overwhelmed with everything. I am not doing well on weight loss at all and it reallly has be down. I have not had any time to prepare meals, and I eat on the go when I have time and I usulaly end up waiting until I am starving and then eat what ever I can find. It's horrible, I know. The pop thing is pretty much done with, I am starting to get stomach aches and feel icky now when I drink pop. So I don't really like to drink it anymore, I am loving water with a lemon!! :) I have been eating out ALOT lately, it's so easy on the go (and I always seem to have frozen meat to deal with at dinner time!) So we just eat out since we are pressed for time. I will probably get a rotisere chicken tonight, I know it's high in sodium, but I think overall it's a better choice, (I am hoping)

I am leaving for wisconsin dells in 3 weeks, (18th) and that is also our goal date and I am so far off the wagon, I hope I can loose 5 pounds, I was hoping for 10, but feel really discouraged and negative about it, which it totally not helping me at all.
Regarding going to school: I am thinking in the fall I will start with taking a nursing assistant program (it's about one month long) and then trying to work in that field even part time, to see if I think it's something I would like, the atmosphere and stuff, then if I do I will continue with nursing. I just don't want to spend alot of time and money on something I won't do, I have already done that once with accounting.

Sorry for babbeling..............I really need some pointers. I will look up the must haves that Kennedy mentioned. I do not have all books that I once had so I have to try and find what I can and cannot have lists and I think I should look into the recipe and start planning. My hubby is ready and willing to help and he loves to cook so this should work it's just setting the time aside to prepare.
I am also about to loose my night job, I am going to be done sometime this month, I will my talking to manager tonight. I am really burnt out from working both morning shift (9-4) and then again at 8pm - 2:30ish am) then all over again. Well the night are mon wed, fri. SO with out working nights I feel that I will get more sleep which is essential to weight loss, and I am hoping things will get better. I also miss hanging out with my kids, I am just kind of down and bebbeling sorry.

sweetandspicy
06-01-2009, 03:35 PM
The rapid results plan is more like the colored plans I think as I was never on the colored plans. It wants you to break down your meals into 4 meals with 2 lites in between. The serving amounts are the same as the number plans. The addition is you can have 1/2 of frozen low fat yogurt twice a week. 1/2 a potato, 1/3whole grain rice or pasta, 1/2 sweet potato, 1/2 corn on cob all count as starches now and you can have them up to twice a week. Steak and ground beef 3 oz up to twice a week but not in the same day and v8 fusion light can count as a veggie again up to twice a week.

Lucky- congrats on your loss

Kelly- do not give up life gets in the way sometimes but you will get back on track just believe in yourself and you can do anything!!!

kennedy5672
06-01-2009, 07:45 PM
Luckysbert: Your weightloss is a weightloss. But I know what you mean about wanting mroe. But with being sick and taking medicine you could have easily said screw it and go off the plan to seek comfort food. I remember those times when I would get sick and right away I took myself of the plan so I can eat comfort foods which of course was always the wrong move. My boss was telling me about water aerobics. I never took a class though. She told me that she was going to try to get me a guest pass just as a little thank you for introducing her to Adkins Protein Bars (ha, ha, ha). Have fun at your class and let us know how you do.

JerseyMadchen: I am still contemplating if I should get my son a Wii for his birthday. He is driving me crazy about his ideas for his party. First he wants a BBQ Bash and then he wants to go to this place called FunPlex. Which can cost over $25.00 per kid not even including food. Yikes!!! :dizzy: So after I tallied up how much this Funplex is going to cost me I think I am deciding more and more on the BBQ Birthday bash. I wish Xbox 360 can come up with something like a Wii Fit.

Raystar: Welcome to the Forum.

Mommyofsix: WOW Momma you are awesome. You are so determined. I wish you can package some of that determination and send me some via email (ha, ha, ha) I love your goals. I guess once you get started you are on a mission. Good for you. You are also combating all those closets and that must make you feel good. I am in the process of laying out a plan where I am going to take off a couple of says to SUPER DOOPER CLEAN (ha, ha, ha)

Clanori
06-01-2009, 10:16 PM
Sounds like everyone is doing great.It has been really hectic around here so I have not been on plan but trying to make good choices.I have been having an emotional time because my mom finally moved out of our house after 5 years.But she moved out of state with a man none of us know.On the upside my daughter now has her bedroom to herself and we are going to clean it really good.Sounds like some serious exercise to me.I am up .5 pounds but I think it will go away quickly.Best wishes to all.

sweetandspicy
06-02-2009, 10:28 AM
I found this information on line about easy ways to burn 100 calories. Recently I have been calorie counting as well as following my LAWL plan and I had not idea how many calories are in fruits and one tbs of low fat mayo. It is unbelievable. Also the amount of calories you burn doing exercises seems so low to me. But I do realize that every little bit helps.

PURCHASE A VIDEO GAME THAT ENCOURAGES PHYSICAL ACTIVITY such as the Wii Fit. It provides entertainment and exercise both at the same time.
WEAR ANKLE WEIGHTS around the house while you are doing chores or under your clothes when you run errands around town. To burn an extra 100 calories a day fast, skip rope for only ten minutes.
Burn 100 calories a day in ten minutes riding a bike.
Lift weights (http://www.ehow.com/how_4995377_burn-extra-calories-fast.html##) for 15 minutes.
Run or jog one mile in ten minutes to burn 100 calories.
Take a walk for fifteen minutes and burn 100 calories.
Run up and down the stairs for fifteen minutes.
Turn on your favorite music and dance around the room for twenty minutes.
Wash your car for twenty minutes to burn 100 calories fast.
Clean your house. Vacuuming for 35 minutes will burn 100 calories.

Kennedy- thank you for your words of encouragement. I just have so much more energy right now that I am trying to keep focused and get some long over due things done. I am also taking a week off the end of this month and each day I have promised myself I will get those things done that I have been neglecting. I told the kids we will do some fun things too but we have to make some progress on our household chores. I think a BBQ birthday bash is a great idea for your son. If you get him a wii they could play that too.

Lori- i think as long as you make good food choices you are doing well. also cleaning is gret exercise

Clanori
06-02-2009, 10:41 AM
My daughters and I sis the wii fit together for an hour last night.It made exercising more fun doing it as a group.We would take turns picking which exercise we would do.I am sure we burned some extra calories laughing at our selves.It is raining again today so I will do the wii fit this morning then take the girls swimming.Everyone is doing such a good job.It is a great encouragement to me.I think I will work on my closet today.See if there are any clothes I can trim down using my sewing machine and the rest are going.Hope everyone has a great OP day.

Luckybustert
06-02-2009, 11:28 AM
Did well this weekend was very happy with my 3 pound loss. I was motivated to move to level 3 of my exercise DVD and I was rather suprised that I did well. It did not have push ups which is my down fall, so that is a plus. The true test will be the next time I do it to see if I can make it though again. I am going to try to do cardio 3 days a week and walk the other 3 and do weights every other day. I think I do better when I mix things up.

WTG on moving to level 3 on your exercise DVD! I also seem to do better if I mix things up.....if I start getting bored with something I'm less likely to do it so that's my main incentive for mixing things up.

Yesterday I did 60 minutes of aqua aerobics and it was a blast! If I get out of work at a decent time today I'll go to a kickboxing class. If not, I'll do 45 minutes on the treadmill instead.

Have you tried doing push ups against a wall? I can't do the floor ones either, but against a wall is no problem.

Luckybustert
06-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Sorry for babbeling..............I really need some pointers. I will look up the must haves that Kennedy mentioned. I do not have all books that I once had so I have to try and find what I can and cannot have lists and I think I should look into the recipe and start planning. My hubby is ready and willing to help and he loves to cook so this should work it's just setting the time aside to prepare.
I am also about to loose my night job, I am going to be done sometime this month, I will my talking to manager tonight. I am really burnt out from working both morning shift (9-4) and then again at 8pm - 2:30ish am) then all over again. Well the night are mon wed, fri. SO with out working nights I feel that I will get more sleep which is essential to weight loss, and I am hoping things will get better. I also miss hanging out with my kids, I am just kind of down and bebbeling sorry.

Kelly, it sounds like you've got a lot going on right now! Sometimes when things are like that it just makes thing worse to put a lot of pressure on yourself. Plan for some small successes and build on them....take it ONE meal at a time.....one workout at a time.....one day at a time....and focus on what you are doing RIGHT! Do something nice for yourself...I know you're getting ready to lose your night job, but it doesn't have to cost anything....a bubblebath, some quiet time reading, a walk in the park, a trip to the library, give yourself a pedicure....whatever will help you relax and make you feel better. :hug:

Luckybustert
06-02-2009, 11:42 AM
Luckysbert: Your weightloss is a weightloss. But I know what you mean about wanting mroe. But with being sick and taking medicine you could have easily said screw it and go off the plan to seek comfort food. I remember those times when I would get sick and right away I took myself of the plan so I can eat comfort foods which of course was always the wrong move. My boss was telling me about water aerobics. I never took a class though. She told me that she was going to try to get me a guest pass just as a little thank you for introducing her to Adkins Protein Bars (ha, ha, ha). Have fun at your class and let us know how you do.

The class was a blast and 60 minutes of exercising just flew by! Will definitely be going to more of these. :)

Luckybustert
06-02-2009, 11:44 AM
Sounds like everyone is doing great.It has been really hectic around here so I have not been on plan but trying to make good choices.I have been having an emotional time because my mom finally moved out of our house after 5 years.But she moved out of state with a man none of us know.On the upside my daughter now has her bedroom to herself and we are going to clean it really good.Sounds like some serious exercise to me.I am up .5 pounds but I think it will go away quickly.Best wishes to all.

I tend to be an emotional eater so I can relate to what you're saying about it being hard to stay on plan during emotional times. A .5 gain should come off very quickly for you.....hang in there!

Luckybustert
06-02-2009, 11:47 AM
My daughters and I sis the wii fit together for an hour last night.It made exercising more fun doing it as a group.We would take turns picking which exercise we would do.I am sure we burned some extra calories laughing at our selves.It is raining again today so I will do the wii fit this morning then take the girls swimming.Everyone is doing such a good job.It is a great encouragement to me.I think I will work on my closet today.See if there are any clothes I can trim down using my sewing machine and the rest are going.Hope everyone has a great OP day.

Sounds like great exercise and a great way to spend some fun time with your daughters! Are you planning to get in the pool with them? I find even just splashing around the pool can be pretty good exercise....can tone up pretty quickly doing that on a regular basis.

KityCat
06-02-2009, 03:28 PM
Hey Girlies!!! Today I feel GREAT< reallly great! I gave my notice last night at work and my last day will be June 12th. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted, and I am soo excited to hang with my hubby and kids more. I am looking forward to cleaning out my house tonight I need to accomplish both kids rooms tonight and hopefully my clothes. We are having a garage sale this weekend, and I have not even started going through my house. Tonight it is, and I can't wait to go through stuff to get rid of. I only had about 3 hours of sleep last night and still feel super happy and excited today!! I will be able to sleep liek a normal person again! WOO HOO!!!!!!!LOL :)

I'd like to try and do the TO with someone please let me know when you are due, so I can prepare for foods.. I do better with someone at same time. Having turkey burgers and green beans tonight for dinner, Yummy!!

Kennedy: Thanks for the tips I printed and saved in my purse for quick reference!! ;)

sweetandspicy
06-03-2009, 05:13 PM
Hope everyone is doing well and having an on plan week. I am sure everyone is super busy with summer and life in general . I miss everyones post and hope everyone is on track with weight loss. Post when you can!!!

kennedy5672
06-04-2009, 07:46 AM
Hello Ladies and good morning to you all. I am doing well I hope all of you are too. I am doing pretty good with getting in all my food intake as well close enough to schedule too. It has been raining yesterday and today. My son has a trip to a Science Center which he is very excited about. So excited he has been up since 4:00 am this morning. I wish they gave the school trips during the year but they saved them all for the end. I have been feeling under the weather lately between my cold and sore throat and then getting mosquiti bites early this year. I really need to try to see the doctor so this summer won't be as miserable as the past summers in terms of bug bites. Okay, okay back to LAWL. I am not doing a great job with excercise. I am eating right but have not gotten any excercise for about a week or two. This is something I really have to push myself to do.

Well Ladoes have a great day. I will POP my head in while I am at work. I have a meeting at 3:00 pm which I am not to excited about attending.

Oh yeah I forgot to tell you guys that this morning I tried on a skirt that hasn't fit in about 2 to 3 years and I put it on this morning and it still doesn't fit IT WAS TOOOO BIG. Oooh Laaa, Laaa what a great feeling.

KityKat I sent you a PM

sweetandspicy
06-05-2009, 09:50 AM
Good Friday Morning to you all. So very glad that today is Friday and the weekend is just hours away. It has been an incedibly hard week at work and makes me dread the coming months. I have vaction in 2 weeks so I have planned some major house repairs and am going to try to fit it some intense exercise. Anyway my plan is to keep moving. We have had an enormous amount of rain lately causing some flodding yesterday. We got about 2-3 inches of rain yesterday alone. Our basement held some water but I would not say flooded. It will dry out in a couple of hours hopefully. In the good news department my herbs and veggies I planted are looking great as well as my flowers they are blooming like crazy but of course so are the weeds so I need to get to pulling. I had a doctors appt yesterday and the scale was the same as on saturday which is dissapointing because I have been exercising like crazy however TOM dropped by this morning so I am hoping that is the reason for no loss, I am not going to count it as my offical weigh in until Satuday, I think there is something to weighing at the same time of day on the same scale..Hope everyone is doing well and has a wonderful weekend.

***I will be doing Take off Monday and Tuesday if anyone wants to join***

kennedy5672
06-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Hello Everyone. I hope everyone had a great week. I have been doing okay getting all my food in not on time as I would like to but I have been getting better. Many people at work have been complimenting me on by progress which is really nice to hear. Also, my coworker gave me a whole lot of gently worn clothes (she is a clothes-a-holic). I was so happy that I fit in all of them. In the batch had a lot of colorful stuff pings, blues, purples, oranges etc... Which is such a wonderful change since everyday I wear black. I am actually trying to get rid of some things in my closet thanks "mommyofsix" I am going to follow your advice. My pretty shape is coming back slowly but surely. I am so used to wearing baggy pants, shirts and jackets I think I should consider donating everything that is big on me and start using some stuff that fits. Believe it or not I am starting to like myself more and I am proud of my accomplishement thus far. I am excited with what lies ahead.

Mommyofsix: I am in for Tuesday and Wednesday TO. I am going to to it your way this time. Will you be doing it with the oranges or the juice?

sweetandspicy
06-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Kennedy- i am so happy for you. you sound so confident. I am glad your friends clothes fit that way you can save up tobuy even smaller clothes. ditch the baggy stuff go buy some accessories to show off what you got a trendy new scarf, stuff like that...

I had a good week lost 2.4 pounds which is fabulos because TOM dropped by yesterday. I will be doing Takeoff with juice i bought some on ebay and it looks good.

have a great weekend everyone

JLem311
06-06-2009, 07:28 PM
i ate fresh cherries instead of dairy queen caramel ice cream sundae! :)

and didn't have any pastries when we took the kids out to starbucks for a coffee date this morning! :)

Kristinx
06-07-2009, 01:45 AM
Good job Jillian! I think it's amazing that you can keep it in mind to even make those good decisions with everything u have going on! Congrats!

kennedy5672
06-07-2009, 10:08 AM
I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend so far. I weighed myself today and I am finally in Onderland :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: I am so happy. The scale read 196 lbs. I proudly updated my ticker and progress stats. I am going to try real hard to incorporate excercise because I promised myself that I would make myself very active before the summer comes.

Mommyofsix: WOW ... Congratulations on your weightloss you are doing absolutely fantastic. Do you like this new plan that they have you on. The new plan and of course combined with your commitment in staying active is giving you a nice consistant weightloss per week. All I can say is that is so awesome... YOU GO GIRL :carrot:

Also, you are so great in encouraging others thanks so much. Would you believe that it has been so long since I have been stuck at a 22/24 size. Plus I am only 5 foot 1. It was always so hard to find clothes. And once upon a time I used to love clothes shopping. Currently according to Kohls Department Store sizes I believe I am now a Size 18. One thing I can't wait to buy are suits for work. There is this store called K&G that has suits for men and women at great prices. I can't wait to go there and pick some up when I reach my goal weight. In terms of at home/weekend clothes I have been so far out of touch with style I don't even know how to begin. I don't know what goes together to achive that current trendy look. I guess I have to look at more what is on display in the store and in the windows to have some idea. I also have a good friend who I believe is a Diva maybe se can hep me out. I told my friend that once I get to my goal weight I am making her buy me an outfit. She said "just a shirt?" and I said no "a COMPLETE OUTFIT". I will be doing Take Off with you Mommyofsix next week.

Jlem311: Good for you making the choice of cherries instead of ice cream that is a huge accomplishment that you should be proud of. Wow Starbucks I used to love going there. Everytime I go to Barnes & Noble's Bookstore my son always tells me he is going to another section and he eventually always comes back with a Frappacino. (ha, ha, ha)

sweetandspicy
06-07-2009, 04:47 PM
Great Choices Jillian!!! Temptation is one of the hardest things to get past when trying to loose weight.

Kennedy- thank you for being so sweet. It is so wonderful you not only reaches onederland you surpassed it by 4 pounds..Way to go!!!

Luckybustert
06-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Hi all! I haven't been doing so good this past week but I'm going to try to get back on track tomorrow with my eating and exercise. I have several Snickers bars and some McDonald's (which I don't even like and I can't believe I ate) to undo. :(

cecil
06-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Hi ladies.
I am afraid I have been pretty much off track for a while. I just had too much life get in the way. I want to start back on the straight and narrow asap. Fist step getting on the scale. So tomorrow I am going to get on the scale and start from that weight. I have been still going to the gym 5 times a week so it shouldn't be sooo bad. I have been lurking the past few days and finally am able to post. I am back up again, I know it and that makes me soo mad at my self. UGH!

Kennedy and Amy! Great job on your losses and everyone else too! You guys rock! Hope to check back soon! : )

I will change my ticker tomorrow.

sweetandspicy
06-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Good Monday Afternoon to you all. Hope all is well with everyone. I am going to step up my exercise plan this week and watch my food intake closely I am 1.8 pounds away form my Birthday goal and I really want to make it. I found some paint and have been doing some touch ups and fixing a few things around the house in hopes to make everything look better. Got all but one closet cleaned out and I will work on that this week(hopefully). Kennedy and I are doing takeoff tomorrow so anyone who wants please join in.

Cecil- so glad to hear from you and you will be back on track in no time, you always do so well when you get back onplan.

Lucky- you will do better this week you have done so well since you stated just see it as a minor setback.

Kennedy- you have a great plan. I think it is very hard to piece together outfits but when you loose weight feel good about yourself it will be easier to find things you like. I would just start paying more attention to the people around you and do some window shopping that always helps. I must say I never noticed your height, so sorry I can not relate as i am over 5"-8".

sweetandspicy
06-09-2009, 11:20 AM
Today is Takeoff Tuesday and I sure am hoping it works. I dread today and tommorrow as always I do not do so well when I think I can not have things. I guess it is my control issues popping up. Anyway hope everyone is doing well and having an on plan week!!!

kennedy5672
06-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Hello Ladies. I hope you are all having a great day

JLem311: I love your cute picture.

MommyofSix: I know I said I was going to start TO with you today but I totally forgot all about it. I was so consumed with my son being sick lately therefore, and was very attentive and watchful over him. He will be twelve next week but nevertheless always my baby. I took him to the doctor and she told me he had bronchitis. So she ended up giving him an inhaler, antibiotics and a cough medicine. I stayed home from work yesterday to bring him to the doctor and I wanted to stay home today but I have to get ready for a big meeting tommorow. I was told to keep him home and that he might be able to go back to school on Friday. I hope he gets better soon, we planned a Birthday party for him on Saturday hsi actual birthday is the June 15th. I just want to make sure that he does not have or comes down with the Swine Flu. I tell you reading the newspaper and watching the news can be hazardous to my health, makes me such a nervous nilly. I will do TO tommorow and thanks for the reminder.

Luckbustert and Cecil: Hey jump on board we are waiting. Always remember it is never too late to change things around. We are here for you.

cecil
06-09-2009, 03:27 PM
I hope you son is better soon Kennedy! Your progress is awesome! You too Momof6.

I didn't start today. Ooops! Msybe tomorrow. Or actually to be realistic next monday. UGH!. I will eat as healthy as posssible until then.

Hope you all have a great day!

sweetandspicy
06-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Kennedy:you do takeoff when you can. Your son is the most important thing. Get him healthy. Who wants to be sick on their Birthday!!! I hope he feels better soon and gets to have his party on MY Birthday..It is very alarming all the illnesses you hear about in the news, I would keep him home from school and everywhere until he gets better, no since in risking anything. Also remember to take care of yourself too, you don't need to be sick again either you just got better!!

kennedy5672
06-10-2009, 07:37 AM
Okay today is Wednesday and I am doing the TO (sorry mommyofsix that I didn't start it yesterday). I will be doing the new plan as you suggested mommyofsix). The food portions seem doable.

I weighed myself and I am still 196 pounds and TOM is here. I really hope for a weightloss during this TO Phase. Iwill also do some excercise today as well. I am so tired the last couple of days but I will get through.

I will POP my head in later on at work. I wish everyone a great day!

Mommyofsix: Oh yeah can I have black decaf tea with Splenda. Please let me know I would love a cup right about now.

sweetandspicy
06-10-2009, 08:47 AM
Good Morning to everyone!!!

Today is Takeoff #2 and I think I am an old pro at this. Last night I was watching TV with my hubby and he saw a commercial for Dairy Queen and went and got one of those fudge brownie earthquake something or other and ate it right there beside me. I typically am not a violent person but I did have this little daydream about cramming that sundae right down his throat if he did not eat it quickly. I did decide however to focus My energy on something more postive and went for a walk/jog. I think sometimes dieting makes me mean. Oh well he will have to get use to it.

Kennedy- yes you can have teas, coffee and diet sodas. I assume splenda is ok It does not say on the info I have with me.

Luckybustert
06-10-2009, 10:53 AM
I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend so far. I weighed myself today and I am finally in Onderland :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: I am so happy. The scale read 196 lbs. I proudly updated my ticker and progress stats. I am going to try real hard to incorporate excercise because I promised myself that I would make myself very active before the summer comes.

Congratulations! You're doing GREAT!!! :)

Luckybustert
06-10-2009, 10:58 AM
Last night I was watching TV with my hubby and he saw a commercial for Dairy Queen and went and got one of those fudge brownie earthquake something or other and ate it right there beside me. I typically am not a violent person but I did have this little daydream about cramming that sundae right down his throat if he did not eat it quickly.

I would have been furious if my hubby had done that, and I would have at least expected him to not eat it in front of me, so I think he's pretty lucky you only daydreamed it and didn't actually cram it down his throat. :)

Luckybustert
06-10-2009, 11:00 AM
I've lost 2 of the 2.8 pounds I gained, but I'm also having some difficulty staying on plan. Probably time to do a TO again...that tends to get me heading back in the right direction.

kennedy5672
06-10-2009, 11:36 PM
It is about 10:19 pm and I just experienced Day #1 of TO (the mommyofsix way). I really enjoyed it. I did nto feel pressured to scarf down food like on the unlimited proteins and veggies. I did eat a lot of green veggies though. So tommorow will be Day #2 I hope the scale reflects something good on Friday.

So I went through my closet and got rid of a lot of my clothes that were to big. I was thinking about saving them for a just in case I need them but no I decided to give them up and don't look back. My closet looks great though somewhat empty. I sent all clothes packing to the goodwill. I am very happy with myself and proud of my progress so far. I hope I continue on the same path.

Tommorow I have to take my son back to the doctor. He still sounds congested when he coughs. I hope the doctor says he is getting better. I have been giving him his medicine on time throughout the day. He is 12 but I still worry about him. The simplest cold gets me all worked up.

Mommyofsix: I hope you had a successful Day #2 on TO. That's funny about your husband. I seemed to have worked up a lot of self control because nothing sems to faze me anymore. However, I must admit I do have a real weakness for freshly baked bread straight out of the oven. That can still make my knees buckle (lol)

Cecil: Thanks for sending some get well wishes to my son.

Luckysbert: Thanks for the big congratualtions and a wooohooo to you to about losing the 2 pounds. You are on your way.

sweetandspicy
06-11-2009, 12:08 PM
i did well on TO at least I hope that I did weight wise. I am trying to stay completely on plan this week. It certain foods at certain times and no waiver any. I have been having a hard time family wise with bad attitudes for teenagers and almost teens but hopefully it will get better.

Kennedy- I hope your son feels better and good job on finishing TO. And you are right about bread nothing smells better than fresh baked bread. I hope your son still gets to have is BBQ bash!!

Lucky- congrats on the 2lbs its a good start.

Hope everyone is having a Teriffic Thursday!! one and a half days til the weekend!!!!

kennedy5672
06-11-2009, 10:29 PM
It has been Day #2 on Take-Off and I believe I did really well. In terms of weightloss we shall soon see about that. I like this version of TO rather than the unlimited proteins. Wow who would have known that I would be satisfied with just 6 oz. of protein for the whole entire day. I must say that I am pretty proud of myself.

Mommyofsix: Thanks for the get well wishes. I took my son to the doctor this morning and they told me that his chest was clear. So the medicine that I have been giving him was working. He still does not feel 100% but he was told to take-off the rest of the week and he will return to school on Monday (his birthday). His last day of school is on June 26th which I am pretty happy about that. He won a scholarship to summer camp in which he will be attending this Pre-engineering program at the New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT). It is only a month long but I am grateful that he has an opportunity to go. Hopefully he will look at it as a reward for his continuous hardwork and consider this an opportunity to learn and grow.

As far as a BBQ it is still on thank goodness and because he was feeling so lousy for the week I think I might make it extra special. The weather is supposed to be nice between 75 to 80 degrees. We are expecting lots of people so I hope everyone enjoys themselves including my son. In terms of your teenagers hang on in there. How old are they? My son will be 12 however, his mental age is on a different playing field in terms of acting and thinking much older than he his (very respectable ... but sometimes very talk-backish and defiant. I guess it comes with the age I just have to work on ways were he can channel it for the good and not get himself in so much trouble. Because his mouth sure gets the best of him but overall he is a great kid. Kids like to try the waters. I know when I was growing up as soon as I opened my mouth regardless what it was I was corrected and silenced. I try to allow my son to have a voice, to express his thoughts, opionions and to be his own individual but boy sometimes I can't help but say "Goodness I created a monster" Ha, ha, ha. (Hang in there mommyofsix :hug:)

JLem311
06-12-2009, 11:34 AM
i caved and put up a ticker. :( boo.

JerseyMadchen
06-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Hey guys!

I rarely click on this forum because I get overwhelmed catching up!

Kennedy- CONGRATS ON ONEDERLAND!!! AHHH!!! I am so excited for you! I cannot wait to join you!

Amy- your little ticker is moving right along too! YOu guys are on FIRE! I love how you always find a way to get some exercise in too, that's motivating!

Jillian- I did too... we're doing this together! Hang in there!

Suzanne, Kristin- HeY!!!

kennedy5672
06-12-2009, 09:37 PM
It is about 8:39 pm over in New Jersey. Left work early to start preparing for my son's BBQ Birthday Bash and all of you are invited (hee, hee I wish). Just came back from the store to pick up meat, know I have to go to the to get the fruits and vegetables. I think we might be expecting close to 40 people. Yikes!!!

Yesterday was Day #2 on TO and it went well so well that when I jumped on the scale this morning it read 194 pounds. So I think I lost 2 pounds which I think is absolutely fabulous. I am oficially in Onederland. Also, because I have TOM I hope by next week I will weigh even less. Maybe I might meet my challenge -- I know that would be cool. I still, still, still, still, still need to start ont he whole excercise regime. I promised mysel that I would work on my endurance before the summer. Well we will see after TOM what I can start doing. Talk to you all later

lori16
06-13-2009, 09:08 AM
Have you ever tried the South Beach meals? They are "fresh" not frozen and usually have a bread of some sort (I personally like the tortilla best), chicken, cheese, baby carrots and jello. It's been a while but I think they have under 300 calories. When I would have them I would bring some lettuce to add to the sandwich. In my grocery store they are in the refridgerated section by the meats. Just thought I would mention them -- I'm not a big fan of boxed meals but they sure come in handy sometimes and I think the SB ones taste pretty good.

Also, I was thinking of using a shake for one meal a day (or switching off anyway). I decided to pick some up when I was at Target yesterday and bought their Target brand -- looks like identical ingredients and nutrition stats to Slim Fast. Haven't tried them yet so I can't tell ya how they taste! I'll let you know if interested... They only have 10 g. of protein though (same as SF) where the LA ones had 20 g.

Well, I need a cup of coffee before heading out to yoga. Have a great day everyone!

sweetandspicy
06-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I met my birthday goal of 208. I was nervous when i got 0n the scale but it said 208.0 so that is down 1.8 so I wil take it

sweetandspicy
06-15-2009, 10:32 AM
Good monday morning. I am focusing this week on lowering my sodium intake and drinking more water. Last week I focused on adding in more fiber and I managed well with that. I have been going to Daily plate.com and adding in my foods that I eat and the website breaks it down into how much fiber/carbs/sugars ect. that are in the foods I am eating. I am learning a lot. The best part is that they also have LA weightloss items in there database so everything is easy to add. I did loost 1.8 pounds last week which let me meet my birthday goal so now I have to loose 9 pounds to make it officially under 200. I hope to loose this by 8-1-09 or sooner (hopefully). I have lost a total of 22 inches, 4 in my waist and hips,2 1/2 in my chest and 11 1/2 in my thighs. I really can not tell where 22 inches would have gone but at least it is somewhere else. I hope to keep loosing at the pace I am at and can not wait to meet my original goal. I did not cheat on my birthday. I treated my self with low fat frozen yogurt which is actually on my plan. Now I did think about cake a lot and I did consider ice cream but in the end I realized it is just not worth the guilt I would feel and opted for my frozen yogurt.

Kennedy- how is your son feeling and how was the BBQ bash???

Hope everyone is doing great!!!!

Clanori
06-16-2009, 01:11 AM
Mommyofsix congrats on meeting your goal.
I mowed another acre today then went and did a slow flow yoga class tonight.It was wonderful after having 8 kids for the past week.I got my youngest daughters room completely cleaned out so that felt good.Trying to stay on plan the best I can right now with so many kiddos around.Hope everyone is doing well.

Luckybustert
06-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that I met my birthday goal of 208. I was nervous when i got 0n the scale but it said 208.0 so that is down 1.8 so I wil take it

Amy, just wanted to wish you a belated Happy Birthday and congratulations on reaching your goal! That's awesome!

chiquita623
06-16-2009, 10:30 AM
Hello Ladies. I know this challenge is almost over but wondered if it would be OK with all of you if I joined the next challenge? I used to do LAWL until they closed and am now doing WW but using the food exchanges from LAWL. Needless to say, I'm not doing so great and thought that a challenge where I could both give and receive support may be just the thing to get me focused.

Luckybustert
06-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Good morning everyone! Hope you're having a great week so far :)

I've got the weight going in the right direction.....am down a total of 10.2 pounds as of this morning!.....and yesterday I started back on an exercise program.....hopefully I've seen the last of the colds, flu, sinus infections and bronchial infections for the season and can really kick it into high gear now! Well actually I'm trying to work my way up in terms of intensity.....don't want to knock myself for a loop and end up back where I was. Yesterday I did 30 minutes on the treadmill and 15 minutes on the recumbent bike. Am reading Dead Until Dark on audiobook (absolutely love Audible.com for getting books to listen to on my iPod) and that made the time on the treadmill and the bike pass real fast....it's the first book in the Sookie Stackhouse series, which is the basis for the TV series True Blood.

kennedy5672
06-16-2009, 04:12 PM
Good morning ladies. I hope all of you are well. I have been pretty busy the last couple of days. As most of you know my son has been sick and out of school for a week. Well he went back on Monday thank goodness and he is feeling much better. We also had a party for him on Saturday and yes even though it rained we still barbecued. My DH surprised me and he was able to get his friend to come with this Snow-Cone, Popcorn, Cotton Candy and Zeppole Machine. My son and his friends had a blast. I think the adults had a great time too cutting in line for the cotton candy. I had no idea my husband was going to go all out like this but I can truly say that it was a special party for such a great kid. Plus on top of it all I remained POP. We made all types of grilled food and side dishes. Unfortunately, because I was so busy I skipped a couple of meals/food servings for the day which I was not to happy about so I hope it doesn't catch up with me in terms of weight gain or weight stand still. However, the next day I made sure I did what I was supposed to do.

Luckybustert: I am happy you a feeling much, much better and that you are able to come off some of those medicines that you were taking. Congrats on your weightloss as well. I hear you about picking up on the intensity to continue with the progress it is so motivating to hear when you loose as much weight as you did. I always try to think of 5 pounds as a 5 pound bag of rice or a 5 pound bag of sugar. Now try carrying picking up and carrying two of those around for 24 hours a day and seven days a week and you are not allowed to put it down not even for a second. I don't think many people will be able to carry around the 10 pounds of sugar like that. So your accomplishment is a great one and keep of the fantastic work.

Chiquite623: Welcome...Yes even though this challenge is about to end in two more days. We will be creating another one instantly. We are having way to much fun checking in and supporting each other to stop. (ha, ha)

Mommyofsix: All I have to say is that you rock. I am so proud of how much you are challenging yourself andmeeting your goals. You are defintely inspiring. You are on your way to Onederland and everyone is waiting for you there. Oh yeah and Happy Belated Birthday to you. I hope you had an enjoyable day and you deserve all the best.

Lori16: I have never tried any of the SB meals. Thanks for the information. I will try it one day though when the prices go down a bit. I think I am going to go onto their website to see there frozen food product line. I try to stay away from the frozen meals and limit them to once a week only.

JLem311: Welcome Back to the Ticker World.

Clanori: Sounds like a wonderful vibrant household....

JerseyMadchen: Thanks for the well wishes. I hope you are doing good with your move.

HEY CECIL and KITYCAT ~ I hope you ladies are doing well.

sweetandspicy
06-17-2009, 10:04 AM
Kennedy- I am so glad that your party went well and your son had a great Birthday. It sounded like a great party and that you made good food choices. Also I am sure he is ready to be back in school.

The summer challenge officially ends tomorrow I will think today of a new Summer challenge for us!! Any suggestions????

kennedy5672
06-17-2009, 06:31 PM
Hello Ladies! It is about 5:30 pm over at my end here in the lovely New Jersey. Just got off of work and waiting for hubby to come home. Mommyofsix yes most definetly we need to start a new challenge. I am trying to think hard of a catchy title but my creative juices aren't flowing. So what ever you or anyone else decides is fine with me. Just let me know the time and the place and I will be there. I can't believe that this is the third challenge I have not been able to meet. Oh well on to the next one.

Mommyofsix: When are you doing TO again? -- Please let me know.

kennedy5672
06-18-2009, 07:47 AM
Good morning it is about 6:44 am over in my end... a little chiily and very rainy outside. I am so surprised with all the rain. Anyway today is the last day of the Summer Slim Down #2 challenge. I jumped on the scale and found that I was 192 pounds. Even though I did not meet my goal I am still very happy with this result.

Thanks everyone for a great 4 weeks and I am signing off from this thread and moving on to what it looks like Summer Slim Down #3 (YIPEEEE!)

sweetandspicy
06-18-2009, 10:05 AM
1.Loose as much weight as possible for the next four weeks I lost 8 pounds so 2 a week

2. Stay on plan- drink at least 64oz of water a day and no more Diet Mt. Dew I did drink 64oz a day and no Diet Mt. Dew

3. Exercise 3-5 times a week for at least 30 minutes each time I did exercise 3 times a week

4. Clean out Closets – to reduce clutter, create space and have a yard sale No yard sale but I got 5 out of 8 closets cleaned out

5. Figure out how to slim down my budget - save some $$$$ We did add new energy efficent vent covers to our home, the eng. efficent light bulbs but not much else

Now to the exercise challenge!!!!