100 lb. Club - im new and have 131 lbs to lose

View Full Version : im new and have 131 lbs to lose

gloriacoto
05-17-2009, 11:16 AM
hi folks

Im going for a walk today with my new mp3. it helps. :carrot: I have been tracking my food intake calories I ate to much last night but I had salad with lowfat dressing and 1 cookie. I am glad that I ate the salad or it would have been the whole box of cookies...anyway Im starting a new day today and looking forward to positive results.

Rosinante
05-17-2009, 11:19 AM
Hi and welcome!

Enjoy your walk and don't go Too Low on the calories - it doesn't help!!

Smiling_Sara
05-17-2009, 11:19 AM
welcome! you have come to the right place for support. This board is amazing. I look forward to hearing about your journey.

Sheila53
05-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Welcome! I don't post much here anymore, but saw your post and wanted to welcome you to the 100 Lb. Club.

One of the things that many of us have discovered is that we need to rid our houses of "trigger" foods. Perhaps you can start the day by dumping the cookies out so that you won't be tempted. However, moderation does work for some (not me, unfortunately). As you start losing, you'll figure out what works for you and what doesn't.

Have fun on your walk and post often!

rockinrobin
05-17-2009, 11:42 AM
Hi and welcome to a fabulous place for advice, support and encouragement.

I'm with the very wise Sheila on this one. Rid thy house of thy junk. You can't eat it if it's not there. That's all there is to it. SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS. Get rid of your "trigger" foods. But make sure to ADD in lots of wholesome, delicious foods, so that you have what to eat. PLAN out your meals and snacks IN ADVANCE. Having a plan in place is essential IMO. Eating healthy just won't happen on it's own. So therefore I rely heavily on planning.

Losing weight and a lot of it is a doable thing. Get excited about the changes you are going to make as you transform your life. I look forward to hearing lots more from you. :)

Thighs Be Gone
05-17-2009, 11:47 AM
Great advice from Rockin' Robin--just like always.

Welcome. You can absolutely do this. You have found a treasure trove of answers and support here at 3FC.

cfmama
05-17-2009, 12:07 PM
Yep. Ditch the cookies. For now... maybe forever. Sugar is a HUGE trigger for me so i only have foods in the house that I can eat (except for foods that I HATE and the kids like... animal crackers for instance.)

Welcome welcome to the 100 club! I think you'll like it here. And enjoy your walk!!!

PS: try not to look at it as you have 131 lbs to lose... I had 226 lbs to lose!!!! And well you've seen me around the school and know how far I've come. It's so doable my friend :)

nelie
05-17-2009, 12:10 PM
Welcome!

TJFitnessDiva
05-17-2009, 12:57 PM
welcome :) The ladies have given you great advice!

Tracy
05-17-2009, 01:26 PM
:welcome2: & :goodluck:

Cinnamon
05-17-2009, 01:27 PM
Welcome :)

Tai
05-17-2009, 01:43 PM
Welcome!

newself09
05-17-2009, 01:53 PM
Welcome! I am just starting too (day 5) and I have 200 pounds to lose. We can do it! ;)

DCHound
05-17-2009, 03:37 PM
Welcome!!!

Star2Be
05-17-2009, 04:06 PM
Hi there!! :wave:

Welcome to 3FC and congratulations on getting started on your "journey," heh! Hope to see you posting frequently 'round these parts in the coming days/weeks/months/whatever! Haha. :D

Slashnl
05-17-2009, 04:42 PM
Welcome! It is very much doable, especially when you look around at the people who have responded. So many have succeeded! You (and I) will too!

Trazey34
05-17-2009, 08:20 PM
yay for you, and welcome to the playground! There's lots of wisdom, advice, inspiration, hugs and bum-kickin' (whichever you may be in need of!) around here ~ be sure to check in every day! I find just browsing around 3FC 'reminds' me of the changes I've made in my life.

I agree about tossing the cookies - a friend of mine recently lost about 40 lbs. and she removed all the junk from her house. Her other friends said "just because YOU'RE losing weight doesn't mean your kids should miss out on cookies, chips, coke, etc." and she said YES IT DOES!!! She didn't want them growing up expecting to eat crap every day. So now when they have a treat - an ice cream out, or popcorn/candy at the theatre, it's an EVENT, something special. I'm all over that!!! what a great thing to give your kids!!

time2lose
05-17-2009, 08:23 PM
Hi and welcome to the club. This is a great place for support and advice!

rockinrobin
05-17-2009, 08:25 PM
Her other friends said "just because YOU'RE losing weight doesn't mean your kids should miss out on cookies, chips, coke, etc." and she said YES IT DOES!!! She didn't want them growing up expecting to eat crap every day. So now when they have a treat - an ice cream out, or popcorn/candy at the theatre, it's an EVENT, something special. I'm all over that!!! what a great thing to give your kids!!

Yes, agreed. It's not okay for me to eat that stuff, but it's okay for my kids to eat it on a regular basis? I think NOT. Once in a while. Period.

I mean, come now, what are we taking away from them? Vitamins? Nutrients? Minerals? NO. We're taking away fat and sugar and empty calories. And hopefully we're taking away a future laden with weight problems.

Jennelle
05-17-2009, 08:32 PM
Welcome! You'll find lots of support and great advice here.

Some advice from someone who started out with 121 lbs. to lose and has lost 32 so far...

- Instead of looking at 131 lbs to lose, try chunking it up into smaller goals. It's a lot easier to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you're looking at losing, say, 20 lbs. instead of 100!

- Slow and steady wins the race! Shoot for a pound a week. The chances of you taking it off and keeping it off are much better if you lose at a slower rate.

- Try not to rely too heavily on the prepackaged "weight loss" foods. Stock up on fresh fruits, fresh veggies, and whole grains.

- An occasional treat is fine; after all, we're going to have to eat like this for the rest of our lives. With that said, however, if there is something that you just cannot eat in moderation, get it out of the house and ask the people who live with you to respect that decision. If they refuse, ask them to at least not tell you it's in the house, put it somewhere where you won't see it, and not eat it in front of you.

You can do this. :hug:

WildThings
05-17-2009, 08:43 PM
Welcome! I started out wanting to lose 127lbs so I definitely know how daunting the journey ahead can be, but I also know it can be done. Just find what works for you and go!

Institches21
05-18-2009, 11:17 AM
Welcome-this is a wonderful place, you will love it here. The support is amazing here, lots of great people, that are here to help you, help you reach your goal, and also send, whatever support you need.

I wish you a wonderful journey on your road to a Healthier You. I also agree, make small goals, slow and steady, will get you there, and the best advice I ever got, be patient with yourself, you did not gain that weight overnight, don't expect your body to lose it as fast.

Yes, those cookies, and anything else that might be a problem need to go, stock up on all the healthy stuff, and cruise the site for some great recipe ideas.

Good Luck and look forward to seeing you around!