Old 05-15-2009, 05:16 PM   #1  
Michelle

S/C/G: 237/194/125

Height: 5'3"

Default Faced with Realities Already! **whine-fest, be warned**

Hi guys,

I am already feeling disheartened at how far I have yet to go. I know, common affliction, especially this early in the game, but I feel like venting and I hope ya'll understand.

Okay, I decided to get a scale (finally) with the very last bit of money I have before I start my paying job. I was hoping I would at least be able to be at my starting weight, even maybe under a bit. I wasn't expecting monumental weight loss after two days of dieting, even I'm not that optimistic, but even a pound would be okay.

Nope. Not that lucky. Not only am I over my initial starting weight, I was over by 3-5 lbs. Granted, I haven't weighed in about a week or so, but I was hoping at least...

So, I feel like a total dweeb. I guess it's not really enough to make me give up, cause before if something like this happened I would just go for the sweets or something cause I'd be like, whatever, not going to lose it anyway, might as well eat. But, I am not eating, I am just sitting here drinking some Aquafina and venting to you guys. So I can at least count this as a little bit of a win in my book.

Okay, I needed to vent for a few moments, now back to being the semi-optimist I am again... for now anyway.

M
miss shelly84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Didja start exercising? If you're sore, you can be retaining a few pounds in water weight that may be about to resolve. And some people just have a slow start and then a whoosh.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:14 PM   #3  
Michelle

S/C/G: 237/194/125

Height: 5'3"

I go to yoga every Tues/Thurs, as my schedule and wallet permits. I was pretty sore this morning, since I have not been in awhile, but I am hoping to get going on that again.

An internet search netted me some very cool ideas for exercising, including Zumba, which I've heard many good things about.

So, I'm feeling a little better now.

M

miss shelly84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:38 PM   #4  
banned

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Get a workout DVD, or if you have Netflix, get it from there. I'm doing the 30 Day Shred and I've lost 5 lbs since Monday starting it.

Don't let 3 measly lbs get you down. I weighed 195 in August of last year, off to a great start, and then I got frustrated with not finding a job, sat on my butt, and gained again. Then I got up to 213 (my highest ever!!!), and that's when I decided "F*ck it!!!" and I bought the workout DVD the next day and started doing it, and I feel a lot better now. I've set realistic goals for myself not set in stone, and take it day by day. I write down what I eat and the calories.

What's great about workout DVDs is that you pay once for them (mine was $15 at Target) and then you can do them whenever you want, for how long you want, and it's all up to you. I'm doing mine before work, and then showering, and then I feel just fantastic for the rest of the day. So far, so good, just as long as you stick to it.

Oh, and if you do get the 30 Day Shred, all you need are 2-3 lb hand weights.

Good luck! Being here is the first step.

Last edited by sunflowergirl68; 05-15-2009 at 07:38 PM.
sunflowergirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote