Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-15-2009, 02:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/160

Height: 5'11

Default different types of exercises?

I have found that while i do about an hour of cardio around 4 times per week. it bores me pretty quickly. However, i love other exercises using medicine balls and weights - ect. however, most of these exercises ive noticed trainers doing with their clients require two people. does any one have any ideas for exercises of this kind that i can do by myself?
xpinkglowx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/202.5/150...or lower...

Height: 5'5"

check out the 30 day shred, there are tons of exercises for weights and also using your own body weight (push ups and the likes). you can google for it and find it online. and you can easily do squats against the wall with the ball on your back without a trainer or second person. just an example.
willow68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:55 PM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Some resources for you:

http://www.stumptuous.com/ - Exercise demos, info about how to piut together a routine, and all kinds of other fabulous information to get you started.

http://exercise.about.com/od/exercis...l_Workouts.htm - I love About.com's exercise section, and frequently refer to it when I'm looking for new moves to add to my routine. The link above will take you to their stability/medicine ball exercise area, but they also have many, many different kinds of workouts/routines for strength here: http://exercise.about.com/od/exercis...y_Workouts.htm
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 213/ticker/155

Height: 5'9"

Pink, I also get "bored" easily with stuff at the gym, so I incorporate competition into my exercise. I find that it's a lot easier for me to stay focused and motivated if I know I've got a race in x number of weeks. I've done several 5Ks and and 8K for running, but that started to get boring too, so I just signed up for my first triathlon in August. Even the "sprint" distance would be WAY too difficult for me right now, so I'm in the gym or out on the road 5 or 6 days a week with a training plan to get me ready for it. It's sooooo much more fun to go to Spinning class or to get in the pool now that I have a specific goal in mind (not coming in last in the triathlon in 3 months!). Good luck!
jajabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 02:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/160

Height: 5'11

wow triathalon - that will be a amazing. i can bike, i can swim, i am however, NOT a runner. i'm an.. "elliptical-er"
lol. that website sounds awesome ill def. check it out. as for the 30 day shred, im not big on video work outs- i always get tired and stop. but when im at the gym i dont because theres people around to see that i only did five minutes. haha.

Last edited by xpinkglowx2; 05-16-2009 at 10:51 AM.
xpinkglowx2 is offline   Reply With Quote