Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-14-2009, 12:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 221/217/140

Height: 5'4

Default new to this :-)

Hey everyone! My names Nikki, 20 yrs old, Upstate NY and I'm going into my second year of nursing school in the fall. I actually found this while looking up to gowear fit which I'll be purchasing soon. I figured maybe something like this could help me, support wise and all, because my weight has gotten me to the point where im ready for counseling. Ive reached a whopping 221 pounds and I dont wanna be like this anymore. Dieting has been like my life story and ive never really been able to stick to anything...weight watchers has been my number one thing but i feel like I have too much freedom with it so now I use sparkpeople.com to just log all my food in and follow my recommended calories cause Im just not sure what to do anymore. I usually last 2 weeks tops on diets and dont really give myself the chance then I go back to eating junk...so the weight loss thing is a huge psychological thing for me which hopefully some people on here can relate. My fiance is a United States Marine who is currently deployed to Iraq which just makes things harder, and I would love to just see his jaw drop when he gets home. Well thank you to whoever took the time to read this, im just looking for alot of support and advice and hopefully finally being able to stick to something for once!
nikkibabyyyyxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:17 PM   #2  
On my way to a new me!

S/C/G: 205/168/145

Height: 5'6 ~ 44

hi and welcome, you can do this.... i have managed to stay on track for 37 days now and have lost 22 lbs... all i do is watch what i eat, eat three times a day, and NO sodas not even diet, but thats me.... you just have to find what works for you and stick to it!
Savora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:12 PM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Good luck! You can do it
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 03:16 PM   #4  
Can't Wait For The New Me

Height: 5 Feet 3 Inches

Nikki!
I'm an emotional eater, and that is why I chose the 3-hour diet [I eat every 3 hours in small amounts, count my calories, and try to stay in range of my daily limit] I personally think the 3 hour diet is good for me because it boosts metabolism. I stay away from greasy food, fried food, fatty meats, and fast food restaurants. But there are a lot of plans you can go on (whichever YOU feel most comfortable with). I lost 7 pounds my first week on this diet, but I started my cycle so that means plateau, and most likely you will run in to them also (not unless your one of the lucky ones ) But even if you do, don't give up! You CAN do it. And for me being an emotional eater, when I get upset and think to myself "I'm gonna go get me a piece of this or that" I just try to remind myself "No no no, I will be a much better person if I stay away from things like that" OR I go get a stick of celery and eat it (It's one of the negative calorie foods!) Which means, it burns more calories eating and digesting than it has in it! Good Luck on your weight loss! If you need an support, or even having a bad day and need to talk to someone, I'll be here!!
iMrsCiCi is offline   Reply With Quote