Old 05-12-2009, 11:04 PM   #1  

Default suggestions for prepping for medifast

Hi, I just ordered some Medifast meals from ebay and I am ready to succeed on this program. I am going out of town for my only summer vacation this weekend, so I am prepared to start next week. What would yall suggest I start doing now to prepare for this plan. Is there anything I can do to make the adjustment to almost all liquids not so painful?
nurse2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

You could try liquiddietdiscussion.com
missy3gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:49 AM   #3  
Awesome

S/C/G: 250.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

I never felt like medifast was almost all liquids really. With the bars and oatmeal and soups and eggs, etc, I guess it felt like real food to me (especially the lean and green for dinner). I didn't do anything to prepare when I started, the first couple days will be rough but then your body will adjust to it and it will feel normal. The only suggestion I would have is to maybe watch your calories a couple days before, so your body can start getting used to the smaller amount of calories you will be eating on medifast.
janellody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:54 AM   #4  
zay

I would count carbs for 1 week and stay under 100 per day.
zay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 01:22 PM   #5  
Incredible Shrinking Sue

S/C/G: 284/146/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse2b View Post
Hi, I just ordered some Medifast meals from ebay and I am ready to succeed on this program.
To succeed on Medifast you really do need to get a hold of the program materials/instructions. Most people fail on Medifast because they do not follow the plan as it is written. Materials such as the Quick Start Guide, Condiment Limitations, and Meatless Option guides are available on the mymedifast.com site for download. They will tell you how to work the program successfully for quick, healthy weightloss.

As far as preparing in advance, I read all the materials and made sure I had the right stuff in the house for my L&G meal. I also got rid of all the junk/off plan foods although I must admit that I ATE most of them. It is suggested that a week or so before if you can avoid eating a lot of carbs, sugars & processed foods that your first few days will go a lot easier. I did not do that and my first couple of days were not that pleasant. BUT...I lost a lot of weight that week & 30#s my first month. The rest is history...

Good luck on Medifast!
suesully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 06:22 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 297/171/165

Height: 69 inches

I would have to agree with SueSally. Get the junk food out of the house. I didn't have any problems with it as I was never hungry but some people have trigger foods that can set them up for a bad day.

Another suggestion I would add is that if you aren't a water drink or haven't developed the habit it would be a good time to start. Some folks have a hard time getting that habit going and it will make your start a bit smoother.
Rickd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:41 PM   #7  

great find! a thread about medifast! so what did i miss? is medifast advisable for men? especially if someone who's never been to a gym or has never tried any exercise at all?
anansi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:42 PM   #8  
Operator265

You're not supposed to start exercising for the first 2-3 weeks. If you already exercise, you are supposed to cut back by 1/2 at first. You will increase as you get used to the lower calorie intake.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:00 AM   #9  

I've been on the program now for 4 months and I walk every other day on the tredmill for one hour at 3.6 mph.

Exercise is crucial as we are losing so fast, we have to tone up that saggy skin. I hate exercise but it will have to be a part of my life forever if I am going to stay healthy and keep the weight off.
Suzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:24 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 339/332/190

Height: 5'11''

I've been on Medifast for a little over a month now and want to start exercising again. I am worried that it will make me feel hungrier during the day and I will "jump ship."

Does anyone have any survival tips for offsetting those feelings? My current plan is to drink a MF "70" shake for my first meal after working out. Has anyone else done this, did it work?
DoonBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:11 PM   #11  
Operator265

When I started the program last year it just happened to arrive just as I went into training to become a blaster. There is a lot of walking(appr. 15-20,000 steps a day) and carrying involved, so I was a little concerned. I decided to go ahead and bring an extra half portion of protein and green in case I got bad off. Turned out I didn't need it. I was fine.

If you feel the need, an extra packet a day shouldn't do any harm either.

Good Luck.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:08 PM   #12  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

With most exercise, it is recommended to eat a balanced meal two hours before exercising and if weight training is included, a protein meal within 30 minutes after concluding.

I've found that when I'm not adequately nourished, I get really tired/sleepy after weight training, so perhaps keeping an eye on that is important. I now do my weight training late in the afternoon or in the early evening so that I get sleepy before going to bed.

I'm not on Medifast yet, but will be within the week, so I was curious about the effect it will have on me with exercise. But I won't be exercising much for the first two to three weeks, as recommended.

Georgia
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:38 AM   #13  

wow! this thread has really flourished! keep it up guys!
btw, it is not me who's going to try medifast. I'm gonna recommend this to my dear friend. I really think it is time for him to take care of his health, now that he has kids.

thanks guys!
anansi is offline   Reply With Quote