Old 05-12-2009, 09:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 194/194/138

Height: 5'4"

Smile Journal??

Hang in there with me folks, I am still a newbie. I started preconditioning Saturday and go for my food class tomorrow. I've noticed a few people on this site that use fitday. I've used that in the past and have liked it.

Is journaling something that MRC recommends/requires? If so, what do you use to journal....do you like an online journal like fitday or do you use a handwritten journal? Looking for any ideas.

Thanks in advance!
Lori
ltdermdvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

I would also like to know....I thought at one time someone posted a site about an online journal....can someone give us some ideas. Thank you.
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:48 AM   #3  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I went to an additions class last thursday and they mentioned that some people journal as a way to help them deal with their addictions. She also mentioned that if you have 'problem' time(s) that some people journal and go back and read and they might see something that triggered them to want to eat and such. Personally, I don't have a desire to journal, but I began using Fitday yesterday. We'll see if that continues.
noahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

I've decided I'm going to Waldenbooks tomorrow and buy one of those blank journals and use it. I use them occasionally for writing and knowing I have to record my food trials and tribulations in a pretty journal might keep me more accountable.
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 176.5/170.5/155

Height: 5'4

I just keep a spiral top notebook. It's a good way for me to also keep track of what's going on in my life as a whole. Hopefully one day I'll be able to look back & think...look how far I've come!!!!!
ladee2no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:07 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

I bought my artistic little diary a few hours ago. It makes me feel very efficient.
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 194/194/138

Height: 5'4"

So, I've been playing with this a bit. I carried a small notebook with me for the first week. I also tried FitDay online journaling. Hmmmm, although I like the cool options with FitDay it's not "in my pocket/purse" to remind me what happens if I don't stick to my guns. I can see the benefit of a larger journal to journal the feelings/what's working/what's not/progress/activity/etc., but not sure I want everyone in the center reviewing it each week, LOL. Still open to any other suggestions out there...there must be more people journaling than this. What are you using??

Noahsmama - are you still using Fitday?

Lori
ltdermdvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:04 PM   #8  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltdermdvm View Post
So, I've been playing with this a bit. I carried a small notebook with me for the first week. I also tried FitDay online journaling. Hmmmm, although I like the cool options with FitDay it's not "in my pocket/purse" to remind me what happens if I don't stick to my guns. I can see the benefit of a larger journal to journal the feelings/what's working/what's not/progress/activity/etc., but not sure I want everyone in the center reviewing it each week, LOL. Still open to any other suggestions out there...there must be more people journaling than this. What are you using??

Noahsmama - are you still using Fitday?

Lori
I did it for like 4 days and then gave up. It felt like too much work for me. Maybe I was making it harder than I should've been. Do you like it? What about lmcaly (sp?) She was the one who started me on it. I wonder if she has any tips for me. It seems very cool to see where your protein/carbs/fats are comign from. Maybe I'll give it a go again?!
noahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/152

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmama View Post
I did it for like 4 days and then gave up. It felt like too much work for me. Maybe I was making it harder than I should've been. Do you like it? What about lmcaly (sp?) She was the one who started me on it. I wonder if she has any tips for me. It seems very cool to see where your protein/carbs/fats are comign from. Maybe I'll give it a go again?!
Using fitday is really easy for me because I'm at a computer most of my day (desk job). Plus, I plan my meals pretty far in advance so I can usually enter in stuff before I even eat. For example, I'll come in to work, enter in my breakfast, lunch and dinner items and then print it out and put it in my binder (journal). Once it's printed out I feel like my decisions for the day are complete. So if my husband is sitting on the couch after dinner eating ice cream or popcorn which looks/smells so good...I just sit there and think "Well, this isn't on my fitday for today so I'm not going to have it". It's just one more way to keep me in check. Not sure if that helps at all. I guess the main thing is just keep using it so that you make it a habit that you'll take with you after you hit your goal weight. They said it takes 1-2 months to make or break a habit. I've been using fitday for about 5 years now and I feel lost without it. Good luck.
lcmaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:11 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

I use two things....
tweetwhatyoueat.com which is like twitter, but you text in your meal. I can then add it to my written journal if I didn't have the journal with.

I also use a spiral bound index card book. These are sturdy and small enough to go in my purse and come in designs (for recipe cards). They work GREAT for me.
jeweliek is offline   Reply With Quote