100 lb. Club - The great cookie revolt!

View Full Version : The great cookie revolt!

chickiegirl
05-12-2009, 11:29 AM
So I have had part of a package of digestive dark chocolate cookies in my freezer forever. I've looked at them when I open the freezer door, but this morning I decided to throw them out.

As I was looking at them and tossing them, I started thinking about eating them and all those chemicals inside and that sick feeling I would get afterwards, and my stomach got upset! Really upset. It took a bit of time to calm down.

I never thought cookies (nevermind chocolate!) could make my stomach turn so much. How odd is that?!?!?

JulieJ08
05-12-2009, 11:52 AM
Congrats!

But I'm terribly curious, what in the world are digestive chocolate cookies?

rockinrobin
05-12-2009, 11:58 AM
Such a great reminder! If we would only eat foods that gave us a good feeling not only while we're eating them, but AFTER we eat them as well.

timkerbelle
05-12-2009, 12:01 PM
Well done for realizing that before you ate it! I don't know how many times I have told myself that a particular piece of junk will be absolute heaven to eat, only to find that a) it wasn't nearly as tasty as it was in my head, and b) that I feel absoulutely positively crap afterwards.

RealCdn
05-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Hmmm... if they were McVitie's I probably wouldn't have tossed them. They're yummy, and if you could only eat one at a time, not that bad. My mother buys the plain ones (which I almost never eat) and the ingredient list isn't that bad on them.

To answer Julie's question, if I'm remembering them correctly, the base biscuit is like a slightly darker, slightly sweeter arrowroot cookie with a light coating of chocolate.

Rosinante
05-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Victory!

Joshua from eawc
05-12-2009, 01:21 PM
Nice! I used to love cake but now when I see cake my stomach goes crazy. It's so weird, but at least I don't eat cake anymore ;)

SnowboundChick
05-12-2009, 02:11 PM
Good for you. I'll need some of that in the future! Way to go.

cfmama
05-12-2009, 09:34 PM
Way to go! That's a total non-scale victory in my eyes :)

chickiegirl
05-13-2009, 09:59 AM
But I'm terribly curious, what in the world are digestive chocolate cookies?

Thanks all!

I think Anne's explanation of the cookie was best. Sometimes it almost tastes like a whole wheat cookie (yeah, right!!) with a little chocolate on top. I was going through oodles of them before I started my journey.