LA Weight Loss - Losers and Friends - May 11-17

View Full Version : Losers and Friends - May 11-17

Dan2112
05-11-2009, 10:15 AM
Morning Ladies!!

Sorry I've been AWOL again.. Things have been heating up here in New Mexico, fire-wise, so I've been too busy to spend much time on line!

hope you all have a great week!!

lizababe
05-11-2009, 11:04 AM
Good morning Dan! I figured you were pretty busy with fires. A little early in the year for this isn't it?

jewljz
05-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Good morning everyone! Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother’s day  My weekend was really nice, although I went back on my word and over ate like I said I wouldn’t. This morning I was up again… but I’m not changing the ticker because of the see-saw that my weight has been on and I’m sure it will be gone by Wednesday! I know… ticker denial… Anyway, I’m doing take off today and tomorrow and I’m going to do it to the letter! I’ve continued to work out and can’t help but think that it has something to do with my weight being up – regardless of what Jillian and Dan (from TBL) say that it has nothing to do with muscle weighing more than fat. I tell you, I build muscle really fast and can already see definition in my arms and shoulders. It feels good to work out on a regular basis!

JerseyMadchen
05-11-2009, 11:39 AM
Hey guys!

Slow in here today! This is going to be an awful week! I have two finals left, then I move this weekend. I am used to moving, I have done it at least 3 times in the last 3 years, but it's usually the next town over or within 5 miles or so. This is 270 miles away! I have to pack things carefully and I am worry we won't have enough room in the truck!

It's TOM too, so I am sick to my stomach. UGH! I have a final today, but I am not stressing about it as this class is not transfferring to JMU, so I didn't study, but will still pull offa B.

I cannot wait to get settled in VA so I can get back OP. I am pretty much eatting anything in the freezer or house at this point and don't want to buy any more produce that I cant take with me Saturday.

I have been living on Olive Garden salad though, I have to tell you... YUM. I reccomment FOod Network magazine! BTW, last month was Aunt ANnie's pretzels!

Well, gotta eat and run to class!

Mama Nicole
05-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Good morning friends. It is an absolutely perfect day here today........sunny and about 65. It is way to nice for me to be in this house today, so Maria, Andrew and I are going to run over to Lowe's in a few minutes and buy some more black mulch and spruce up our flower beds. I planted a lot of perrenials this spring, and made a pretty big flower bed in my back yard. I will take pictures when I find my camera, or when I remember to ask DH for his. That is why I have been slacking on baby Mia pictures. I htink one of the girls must have used my camera, cuz it is not like me to lose something like that. Anyway, I love spring, and I love flowers. Oh, and DH and my baby brother went rock hutning for me this weekend. We have a lot of fallen rock on the roadsides here, and they collected two pick-up truck beds of rocks for my future water fall in the back yard. My yard is tiny, but I am every trying to make it peaceful and enjoyable. It is still mostly the kid's territory with the swing set, trampoline, pool, etc......but I have a few places that are getting more grown up. Wow, sorry about the book......can you tell I am excited?

Food wise, not so great this weekend, but not awful. I am back POP this a.m., and it is going well. I will WI in the morning. I think Tues are my current WI day. Yeah, that sounds good.

I hope you all had a nice weekend, and plan on having a GREAT week. Each day is a gift.......do try to remember to find the sunshine :)
XOXO

sweetandspicy
05-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Good Afternoon to you all!!

It has been a busy morning for me. No rest for the weary. As always I did not sleep well last night just the anticipation of Monday morning gets me all torn up and I just can not sleep. i will catch up tonight I hope anyway.

i was down 1.4pounds this week. I am happy because I was not exactly on plan this past week and was afraid of a gain. I did exercise 5 days last week so I am positive that helped keep me on track. I am doing takeoff today and tomorrow and starting an express plan on Wednesday eating 4 smaller meals instead of 3 meals. I am also going to try to exercise 5 days a week this week and see if I can get some consistant weight loss.

DAn- i have seen the fires on the news I wish I could send you some of the rain we are having here.

Nicole- Your yard sounds great. Flowers make everything better.

AmyNJ- Good luck on finishing school and packing. i hope the move goes smoothly.

Julie- I would not change my ticker either especially if your weight fluctuates that much. Good job on the exercise though, way to stay motivated.

Hello to everyone i missed
Hope everyone has a wonderful on plan day!!!

JLem311
05-11-2009, 12:11 PM
hello all. just wanted to say hi while baby X is sleeping. :) she had her 2wk check up today (a few days early) and now weighs 8lbs. so she's gained 12oz in almost 2wks. she's sleeping pretty good, waking up every few hours to eat and is an overall mellow/content baby. she loves to cuddle and have her head/hair stroked. :) i'm doing pretty good too, still adjusting to the new baby and her irregular schedule. i'm hoping to "officially" start back on plan at the end of this month. i'm already kinda watching what i've been eating and being more aware of all the carbs i've been used to eating for the past 40wks! ;) so it's definitely going to be an adjustment and a re-learning/training my brain process. but i know i have no choice but to get back down to my pre-preg weight--i have no clothes to wear except my maternity stuff! ugh! thankfully i don't go too many places, so wearing my maternity jeans and a tank top with a hoodie over it are sufficient for now..it's just starting to get me a bit down that i'm so big again..and i know that i just had a baby 2wks ago and surgery on top of that too..so i need to give myself more time to recover, but still. it's hard.

anyways..enough of my rambling.

hope everyone has a good day and a good start to the week!

cecil
05-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Hi Ladies and Dan,

Hope you all had a great weekend! Happy Belated Mother's day to all of you!
I wasn't on plan this weekend and it showed on the scale this am. I am scared to go to the COD. So I all OP today and hopefully I will run in there tomorrow morning. UGH!

Hope you all have a good day!
Nicole Enjoy being out in the yard I have to be in a cubicle all day! BLAH!

Beautiful baby Jill!

Hi Amy M, Jersey Amy, Julie and Liza! POP days to all of you!

Dan2112
05-11-2009, 03:15 PM
We could sure use it Amy.. I'll take all the rain you can send!

Liza! Yeah, a bit early for the fire we had yesterday which was just north of Santa Fe near the town of Pecos.. We figure it was probably a lightning strike or a campfire left unattended, but we're not sure as of yet.. That area did get plenty of snow this year, but it's been drying out fast.. We've had two solid weeks of big fires down in the SE part of the state, so it's shaping up to be a busy summer.. Sigh...

JerseyMadchen
05-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Hey guys, another final down!!!!

Jillian- don't worry about the weight, you have your ticker there to show that you can do it again! YOu're such an inspiration! I was showing my mom your pics on MySpace to show how much you lost and she kept saying WOW!!! We can do this together! Once I get settled in VA (which will be by the end of the month) let's do it together!!!

It's funny, I move to VA on the 17th, but come right back up to Jersey on the 20th for that whole weekend. My younger brother and sister are graduating from Rutgers, and hten my brother's commissioning! So I will definitely not be on plan!! But that's ok! Life happens!! I didn't make my 30lb goal, but tha'ts ok, I made 18 lbs which is great!!

Well, off to make another Olive Garden Salad and relax and study.

Have a great day guys!!

almsthere
05-11-2009, 03:16 PM
jill- 9 months on, 9 months off for baby weight. At least that is the story I'm sticking with! By that, I have 2 more months to get 30lbs off. :o

Nicole- Catie is 7 months old already! can't believe it...looks like she is gonna crawl any day now. Thanks for your encouragement about walking. LOL about the baby screaming 3 blocks into your walk!:D

I'm not changing the ticker either, have lost and regained the same 3lbs. I hate it! gotta up the waters and exercise...

hey to everyone else. Gotta run and meet the school bus...

Have a POP day/week!

JerseyMadchen
05-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Here's the recipe for the Olive Garden salad and breadsticks!!! (From Food Network Magazine)

Salad:

Dressing:
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 T (tablespoons) White wine vinegar
3 T Miracle Whip
1 T lemon juice
2 T grated parmesan cheese
1/4 t (teaspoon) garlic salt
1/2 t dried Italian Seasoning

Salad:
1 10 ounce bag American Salad blend (I use romaine)
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
4 small pickled peppers (I use peperoncini)
1 small vine-ripened tomato, quartered
2 T black olives, sliced
1/2 cup large croutons
1 T grated parmesan cheese

I usually just make the dressing in my bullet (combine all ingredients) and then make a personal salad. I don't like olives so I don't use them. The pepperoncini's are with pickles in the grocery store, I bought Mt. Olive brand.

Breadsticks:

Dough:
1 package active dry yeast
4 1/4 cups all purpose flour, plus more for dusting
2 T unsalted butter, softened
2 T sugar
1 T fine salt

For the topping:
3 T unsalted butter, softened
1/2 t kosher salt
1/8 to 1/4 t garlic powder
Pinch of dried oregano

1.) Make the dough: Place ¼ cup warm water in the bowl of a mixer; sprinkle in the yeast and set aside until foamy, about 5 minutes. Add the flour, butter, sugar, fine salt and 1 ¼ cups plus 2 T warm water; mix with the paddle attachment until a slightly sticky dough forms, 5 minutes.
2.) Knead the dough by hand on a floured surface until very smooth and soft, 3 minutes. Roll into a 2-foot-long log; cut into 16 1 ½ (sixteen pieces) inch long pieces. Knead each piece slightly and shape into a 7-inch long breadstick; arrange 2 inches apart on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover with a cloth; let rise in a warm spot until almost doubled, about 45 minutes.
3.) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Make the topping: Brush the breadsticks with 1 ½ T of the butter and sprinkle with ¼ t kosher salt. Bake until lightly golden, about 15minutes. Meanwhile, combine the remaining ¼ t kosher salt with the garlic powder and oregano. Brush the warm breadsticks with the remaining 1 ½ T melted butter and sprinkle with the flavored salt.

BarbaraB
05-11-2009, 03:50 PM
Jillian, It has not even been 2 weeks yet! You need to just concentrate on eating as healthy as you can right now, and recovering and maybe doing a bit of very mild exercise, if your doctor thinks you should...

I had a nice mother day, but not an on plan one. We did go hiking and I am sure I burned off at least some of the extra calories that I ate. I do tend to have trouble adjusting just a bit when I have burned off some extra.... I guess I'm with Katie and eat the whole cake:). I'm a bit stiff and sore today, but not as bad as I was after our hike last weekend up to the top of Wind Mountain and Beacon rock. We got up really early and hiked to the top of Multnomah falls yesterday and then back behind it for a ways, which is not that far of a hike (about 4 miles) but it is rather steep up climb up to the top of the water fall. Beautiful place though.

Mama Nicole
05-11-2009, 04:00 PM
JerseyAmy..........thank you for the recipes :) Maybe I will make them tonight :) I know it is a pain to type recipes, so thanks for taking the time :) My whole family will be thanking you after I make them :)

Dan.....have you seen I Love You Man? We went to see it on Sat. night, and it was pretty funny....but it really made me think of you and your obsession with Rush. If you haven't seen it yet, you ought to.....it will make you laugh.

So, it seems as though we all chowed down on Mother's Day this year. It is good everyone is right back OP.

Jillian....I know it is hard to be patient. I was always sooooo ready to get back with the program after being pregnant. It is good you are not rushing it. You know, you can always go buy yourself one outiflt that fits, no matter what size it is, so that when you do have to go out, you can at least feel put together. Just cuz you buy one pair of fat pants, it does not mean you will wear them forever.......just a few weeks, you know. Then, you can donate them to goodwill and make someone else really happy, cuz they will be like brand new ;)

Ok, time to get my house together. I played in the backyard all day so far......time to clean.......ewwww.
XOXO

JLem311
05-12-2009, 08:10 AM
morning all.

Dan2112
05-12-2009, 09:47 AM
Morning Jillian... Handn't had a chance yet to say congrats on the baby.. Can't believe it's been two weeks already! Way to go!

Nicole.. No.. We haven't seen it yet.. I figure it will make it on Netflix eventually.. We've been saving up for the blockbusters this summer.. Last weekend was Star Trek.. This weekend Liz and I will probably see Terminator: Salvation.. Then there's Harry Potter and Transformers later on in July... Seems like all the "smaller" movies end up being rentals...

Repo girl
05-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Ah, Harry Potter. Can't wait!!

Hey everyone, I hope you are all having a good day. I have been battling a rotten cold/respitory thing for several days now. I feel okay today, still a bit of a fever and a yucky cough, but I am a little better every day. Of course, I have been self medicating with herbs and oils, which gets the job done, but not quite as fast as an antibiotic. I am using a homemade cough syrup that really helps, however. Anyways, I have not been able to come share my awesome Mother's Day gift. My husband ordered me a beehive, complete with veil, smoker, etc. As soon as it gets here, I can order bees, and set up the hive. I am so excited. I have wanted to be a beekeeper for a several years now, and I finally getting set up!!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

JLem311
05-12-2009, 12:25 PM
thanks dan! how's liz been?

where the heck is everyone this week? it's pretty slow on here.

BarbaraB
05-12-2009, 06:38 PM
I finally got in after the site saying it was down for maintenance all day.

Katie, I hope you feel better soon. Very interesting about the bees. My grandfather used to keep bees.

Jillian, Is baby X sleeping very long yet?

Dan, Did NM finally take a break from the flames? I hope so. It is kind of hard to believe that things could be dry anywhere on earth after the last few weeks here in Oregon. However it has been pouring all week and then dry on the weekend the last few weeks, so overall I'll take it.

I saw the pictures of Kristie Alley today and I got nervous about regaining weight. I need a few of those reality checks, as regaining weight is not inevitable, but it will happen if you don't make the changes permanent.

JLem311
05-13-2009, 08:13 AM
morning all. gosh i'm so tired today. i don't know what the deal was with X last night, but baby girl didn't want to sleep in her bed last night, so i ended up sleeping with her on the couch (thankfully we have a reclining sectional couch!) but the good part was she slept from 1am-5am..but only because i was holding her. oh well. it was a nice chunk of sleep, it would've been better if i could've slept in my bed, but oh well. my back has been killing me ever since i was in the hospital...after i got my tubal i was in so much pain, i had a bad back spasm and my back hasn't been the same since. i've been using a heating pad when i can, but it isn't very often. i feel like an 80yr old lady! ha.

otherwise she's waking every 1.5hrs-2hrs. to eat. i think she's already going through a growth sprut because all day yesterday she was eating 3oz every 1.5hrs..it was nuts!

anyways..that's about it for me..i'll try to check in later.

Kristinx
05-13-2009, 09:23 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm around, just been super busy....get my new car tonight! yay!
I love being an HR Manager but man....I swear sometimes my employees really like to test me. I feel like I am handing out suspensions left and right...I know recessions are tough and everyone is feeling the pain but shouldn't people be happy that they not only have a job but they also got a raise and there are no plans for any layoffs? UGH...bunch of whiny crankybums lol

Anywho, there's my rant...weightwise I'm not doing so good....plateauing or maintaining, whichever you want to call it...I'm not losing. I think TBL last night may have woke me up though....the diet is not enough..I gotta get exercising....I'm so drained when I get home from work...and I know once I start exercising after work I will have more energy and feel less stressed but just getting going on it is tough

JLem311
05-13-2009, 09:39 AM
so happy and content.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/smile.jpg

she looks like she's blowing kisses!

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/kisses.jpg

Repo girl
05-13-2009, 09:50 AM
Morning guys!

Jillian- That baby is so dang sweet. What a cute kissy face!

Barbara- I have been really interested in bees for a while now. My DH keeps holding me off, but finally relented when someone told him that if you keep a hive near your garden, your crops increase by at least 30%. He was sold then! Also, we have had a hornet problem for the last few years, and we read that honeybees actually keep the hornet population down. I am excited for the organic honey they will provide, but also for the beeswax. Beeswax is an important component of a lot of lotion and lip balm recipes, also for candle making. How amazing to harvest your own beeswax to make your own beauty products and candles.

I am determined to feel better today. We had 60 MPH winds yesterday, and my cough escalated a lot. Today the wind is only supposed to be around 10 MPH, and I WILL feel better. I really want to plant lettuce, onions, and potatoes today. We shall see, I guess.

Mama Nicole
05-13-2009, 12:16 PM
Katie..........I am deathly afraid of bees, so I admire your bravery :) My mom told me that if you eat honey from your geographical area, it can help with seasonal allergies. Weird, huh.....but honey is pretty amazing in many ways. She also told me a spoonful of honey is the best cough medicine in the world. Have fun.

So I made Amy's salad and breadsticks last night, and let me tell you..........YUM!!!! I am thinking about adding them to my DD's graduation party menu. We originally were going to make roast beef sandwiches, but after tasting the breadsticks.........I am thinking Italian might be the way to go. Do you think I can make the breadsticks and bake them unitl they are almost done, freeze them, and then re-heat them for the party? We are planning on about 200 guests, so it would take me a coupole of weeks to make them, and freezing them will be the only way that is possible. What do you think?

DH is back on Atkins, and is losing those 10 pounds he bounces around like crazy. I hate him. lol.

Ok, time to get to work, DGB is sleeping, so I have to get moving here. I will check in later.

Thanks again, Amy, for the recipes. My family LOVED them :)
XOXO
P.S. Happy Birthday, Jersey Amy :)

JerseyMadchen
05-13-2009, 12:49 PM
Hey guys!

Nicole- I am SOO glad you like the recipe!! I LOVE it and have been eatting it pretty much everyday for 2 weeks! I didn't make the breadsticks, as I am afraid to make bread... I am sure you could just reheat. THat's what we did when my family had it. My mom made them at her house and reheated them here. I am sure it would work!! Thanks for the birthday wishes!!

Jillian- I LOVE her facial expressions! THey are PRICELESS!! I hope your back feels better soon! YOu're not preggo anymore, you're not supposed to be having that problem!!

Kristin- I feel the same. I wanted to get by on the diet alone too, but I need to exercise! I HATE it!!! I needto get past te mental bump of hating it and I'd be fine!

Katie- good luck with your bees! And hope your cough goes away!

Barbara- I saw commercials of Kirstie Allie on Oprah and thought the same thing! But to make you feel better, it's expectedon diets likeJenny Craig and Nutri-System. Although the weight comes off fast, once you eat "real" food, you'll regain...

Well, I have a day of packing ahead of me with a break for a pedicure with my sister. Have a great day guys!!

jewljz
05-13-2009, 02:19 PM
Hi everyone! Loved TBL last night, even though it wasn't the outcome I was rooting for. Its just so inspirational, makes me cry. My 11yo DS kept asking why some of the people that didn't lose that much weight were so excited and I had to explain to him that even though they didn't win the show, they still made huge strides towards changing their lives and it makes you feel so damn good!!! I told him "I only lost 50lbs and if I were one of those people weighing in on TV you would have thought it wasn't that much, but I feel terrific!"... then he understood.

But despite my accomplishments, I still would like to lose some, or firm up, or something... My attempt at Take-off didn't really do much. And I let myself down by not exercising yesterday and so now I will spend the rest of the week trying to make up for that lost day. But I had a little help from above today… I was running late this morning and didn’t have time to pack a lunch, I had decided I would use the opportunity to take a friend out to lunch for her birthday (which means a little cheating), but she already had plans and the place they were going was somewhere that I could get a completely on plan meal – salad with chicken and light dressing… so I feel a little bit better now.

Barbara – I’m going to have to look up those pictures of Kirstie for some motivation!
Katie – I never knew there was a book “Skippy John Jones”! We were at Barnes and Noble the other day and I saw that, so cute! I’m gonna have to read the book now.

BarbaraB
05-13-2009, 02:57 PM
Amy NJ, Happy Birthday! I'm sure that you are right, as I went on Jenny Craig myself once and I regained the weight in almost no time at all and on LAWL has been 2 years since I orginally hit goal, and I still have most of the weight off... I think it bothered me because I've had a series of special occasions where I allowed myself to eat seriously off plan and now I need to get real about it. It is always good for me to realize that anyone can gain it back if they stop doing what got them to lose in the first place....

Jillian, I hope your back feels better soon. My shoulder is a bit twingy today too, as I did the 8 minute abs and arms tape yesterday morning. I really need to get those muscles in better condition.

Kristin, I KNOW you don't want to exercise, but it really does do something to help burn off the stress hormones. Sometimes I fake myself out by saying I'll just do 5 minutes and see how I feel. Start slow and do just a little bit, as even the mildest exercise is helpful, you don't have to go all Jillian about it and kill yourself.

Did anyone watch the Biggest Loser last night? I felt really great about Helen winning it, even if she did get way too skinny.... Despite what some people seem to think, there is such a thing. Of course if I was going to be weighed and judged and was in a contest for a quarter of a million dollars, I might just get way skinnier than I should too. They should stop making it all about weight and make it about body fat, which I've seen the australian show and they use both weight and body fat to determine the winner and not just weight. I think it would maybe have turned out differently, as Helen looked like she had starved herself thin and dropped some muscle mass at the end... but since it is all about what the scale says, she wins.

JerseyMadchen
05-13-2009, 03:55 PM
Yeha, I was a little dissapointed in TBL last night too. I was rooting for Tara. I think Helen looked a little funny... I thought she looked great when she left campus. And what's with the tanning? Her and Tara looked rediculous I think!

JLem311
05-13-2009, 04:02 PM
:bday2you::bday2::celebrate::hb::woo::gift:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY!!!!

JLem311
05-14-2009, 07:43 AM
good morning everyone. ugh..yesterday was not good at all. baby X wouldn't let me put her down pretty much the whole day. as soon as i got her to sleep and put her down, she'd be screaming bloody murder not even 2mins later. it was rough. hopefully today will be better. here's hoping!

btw..who uses the south beach bars? i was thinking of using these this time around instead of the luna bars, since they're much cheaper. i got a box of the chocolate high protein cereal bars. they're pretty good and the nutritional info is awesome too. any kinds you like/dislike?

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/peace.jpg

Dan2112
05-14-2009, 10:24 AM
Morning all!

Jillian, I use the South Beach cereal bars. High in protein and comparable in calories and really tasty too...

Liz is doing ok.. Struggling a bit with food at the moment, partly due to her busy work schedule.. We're trying to figure some things out to help that...

The fires here continue.. We're popping new fires each day, but luckily most are very small and over by nightfall.. Let's hope that it doesn't get more serious than that!

JerseyMadchen
05-14-2009, 11:25 AM
Hey guys!

Nothing much going on here, I've been celebrating my freedom from classes a little too much, I haven't been packing like I should. My sister and I went shopping yesterday, pedicures and dinner, and more shopping today. I cannot wait to move and be able to get back on LAWL. I had a little complex in DSW when buying shoes. They were a really smexy black patent stilettos with a peep toe (Calvin Klein) and I didn't think I could get them or pull them off because of my weight. My sister talked me into getting them and I did. I am glad in a way, but I was down about it.

Going out to dinner again tonight with my family. I am going to break down crying at dinner since I am leaving them all. My family is really close (with the exception ofmy father) and it's killing me to leave them. I know it's what I have to do, it just sucks. I always said growing up that I wouldn't let this happen to us...

Anyways, off to respond toa million FB Birthdays and breakfast and packing.

Have a great OP day guys!!

lizababe
05-14-2009, 11:29 AM
Argh! A certain cat better stay away from me for a while... I had just finished typing a big long post, he jumped on the keyboard and it disappeared. Bad kitty!

Ok, now if I can remember what I was saying...

Dan - I hope you get a reprieve from the fires soon. Around here, it looks like we're in for a very tough year. I had to drive from LA to San Diego and back and the area around the Marine base that burned so badly a couple of years ago looks like a disaster waiting to happen again. It's all brown and overgrown.

Jillian - I'm sorry Little Miss X is giving you a hard time, but darn that picture is cute! My Mini-Me was a preemie and slept with me on the couch for the first few months. It just made it easier since I was nursing to wake up every two hours, feed and go back to sleep. She needed to be snuggled close to her Mama and I really don't believe that babies can be "spoiled" by holding them. They need that, they're babies!

I'm in the middle of my 2nd TO. It's been two weeks since I did the original. I think I saw the sclae finally budge 1lb this morning. I'm starting to notice a little more definition in my legs but man, do I have a lot of fat in my mid-section that I never had before. Thought about it and it makes sense, I haven't done a situp in probably 5 years. I got up early this morning so I can start doing some sit ups and push ups before getting ready for work. Used to be able to do 100 easy in one set... I got 10 in this morning. That just tells me I need to do more.

Does anyone have any sort of home exercise equipment that is really small and works? I was looking into things I can do when it rains and a long walk is out of the question or I've already done my walking for the day and feel like I can do more. I was looking at a stair climbing unit that looks like it's just two little pedals with elastic tension bands for arm exercise. Or this Bally disc thing that you twist on. I've got every closet, nook and cranny filled in this apartment so it would have to be REALLY small and able to stuff under my bed.

Hope everyone has a POP day. It's almost Friday. Yay!

sweetandspicy
05-14-2009, 02:18 PM
i am so glad it is Thursday only thing better would be Friday. This has been a long week. With school ending and plans for the summer beginning I sure wish I had a long summer vacation planned. However that is not the case.

The rain finally let up some i wished it to Dan however i do not think it going to work. Oh well did my best. It has been warm in the days and cool in the nights which has been great for my summer walks. i bought one of those trackers to know my exact distance and an estimate of calories burned. I wish the numbers were switched in that 2000 calories equalled 70 steps instead of 2000steps only equaling 70 calories burned. However it is only an estimate and any calories burned is great.

i am really loving the pictures of BabyX it just makes me realize how fast they grow. so cherish every moment Jillian!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

almsthere
05-14-2009, 02:22 PM
Gosh. Have such a hard time getting on this site!!!

Hey, all! Finally seeing the ticker move! Can't believe I don't know what did it either. Now I'll have to go back and see if there was any pattern to my eating habits!! oh...maybe it was the family walk we took last night. Yeah, that probably did it. Great...now I just need to keep exercising....but it is a rainy day here...don't want to do much of anything. Need to do some kind of cardio or something. Feeling sluggish.

Hope you'll have a POP day! :)

erin1369
05-14-2009, 04:10 PM
Hi Everyone :)

First and foremost - Jillian congrats, baby X is soooo adorable :) You look so happy and proud in your pic!

I have been really busy with my 2 jobs so I haven't spent any time on the computer to check in and see what you are all up to. I briefly looked over the recent posts and will try ot catch up later.

I have reached and exceeded my goal of 150 so I am now trying to get to 145. Just taking it slow a pound at a time. I went to my COD for the first time in 2 months today and got my stab and maint info. I am too busy to commit to weigh ins and to be honest am doing much better on my own loosly following and eating sensibly.

I hope you all have a wonderful day and I will try to stop in more often, I miss you ladies....and Dan of course!

JLem311
05-15-2009, 07:45 AM
thanks erin! good to "see" you and congrats to you for maintaining/meeting your goal. :)

so as i said yesterday, i had a pretty rough wednesday and was hoping that thursday would prove to be better..and let me tell you, it did. dh and i have been sleep deprived (obviously!) and stressed (obviously!), so we were texting back and forth yesterday, talking about the past 2wks etc and he said that he wishes he could come home and be with me.
and about 30mins later...i hear him open the front door! i was shocked. (he used almost all of his personal time last week to be home with me and baby X, and only had a few hours left.)
he hugged me and i started crying. he wanted to come home and help me out with the baby and spend time with me so badly that he used his last few hours of personal time and came home in the middle of his work day. :)
he took care of the baby for the rest of the morning, let me get makeup on and dressed and we went and ran a few errands together, then came home and cuddled in bed together and talked for a few hours while baby X slept. it was exactly what i needed. he took me out of my "blah" new mom slump and i feel 100% better.
i'm still in awe that he just up and left work because he wanted to be with me so badly and knew that i needed him..even though i never even said anything. i'm tearing up just thinking about it again. ha.

ok..enough of my rambling..i was just so happy that i had to share.

what's everyone's plans for the weekend? my NAMI walk is tomorrow and then we're hanging with the kids. :)
ok, that's it for me..i'll be back later!

JLem311
05-15-2009, 07:47 AM
oh and Dan (or anyone else) which of the south beach bars do you use? the cereal ones or the meal replacement ones? the only big difference between the two is a few extra calories, carbs and protein in the meal replacement ones...other than that they are quite similar. just wondering.

Repo girl
05-15-2009, 10:35 AM
Jillian- What a great DH!

I went to my Goddess studies class last night. About halfway through class I looked down and realized that I had 2 different shoes on! My sister and I laughed so hard about it that ended up pointing it out to the group. Man, I need a vacation!

Clanori
05-15-2009, 10:37 AM
Morning everyone.TGIF.I have been struggling with my diet.I have had major food cravings lately and to be honest I have not resisted all of them.I am not sure how to get back on track.I am on the purple plan but it seems like the starches are to much for me.Also the three fruits a day seem like they make my blood sugar go kind of crazy.I was wondering if It would be okay to split my protein up between the three meals as long as I stayed within the amounts given?When I have a protein at each meal my blood sugar seems to be ok.I think I am stuck in a rut right now and I need to find some new recipes.I got the Hungry Girl cookbook so maybe I will start making some recipes from there.Hope everyone has a great weekend.Good news is my weight has not gone up.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wxKNfHS/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wxKNfHS/)

Clanori
05-15-2009, 10:39 AM
thanks erin! good to "see" you and congrats to you for maintaining/meeting your goal. :)

so as i said yesterday, i had a pretty rough wednesday and was hoping that thursday would prove to be better..and let me tell you, it did. dh and i have been sleep deprived (obviously!) and stressed (obviously!), so we were texting back and forth yesterday, talking about the past 2wks etc and he said that he wishes he could come home and be with me.
and about 30mins later...i hear him open the front door! i was shocked. (he used almost all of his personal time last week to be home with me and baby X, and only had a few hours left.)
he hugged me and i started crying. he wanted to come home and help me out with the baby and spend time with me so badly that he used his last few hours of personal time and came home in the middle of his work day. :)
he took care of the baby for the rest of the morning, let me get makeup on and dressed and we went and ran a few errands together, then came home and cuddled in bed together and talked for a few hours while baby X slept. it was exactly what i needed. he took me out of my "blah" new mom slump and i feel 100% better.
i'm still in awe that he just up and left work because he wanted to be with me so badly and knew that i needed him..even though i never even said anything. i'm tearing up just thinking about it again. ha.

ok..enough of my rambling..i was just so happy that i had to share.

what's everyone's plans for the weekend? my NAMI walk is tomorrow and then we're hanging with the kids. :)
ok, that's it for me..i'll be back later!

Wow congrats on having such a great husband.Nothing makes you feel better than not having to say a word at all and the hubby knowing what you need.

JerseyMadchen
05-15-2009, 11:08 AM
Hey guys!

Jillian- I am so glad DH did that for you, I am sure you needed it! That's awesome!

Erin-Hey! Congrats on your mini-goal!

Katie- that's hilarious about your shoes. I remember my mom worea navy and a black heel to church when we were kids and we just thought that was te funniest thing!

Well, today is my last day in NJ! It is definitely bittersweet. I cannot wait to live with my DH, but I am going to miss my family so much. I am definitely a Jersey girl as I have lived most of my life here. I know where anything and everything is, so moving to VA is going to be an adjustment.

Well, off to get something for breakfast and continue packing!

jewljz
05-15-2009, 11:16 AM
JerseyAmy – I know its sad leaving family, when I met my DH he was stationed in California but was already getting out of the Marine corps. He moved home and a month later asked me to join him here in Texas. My parents lived in California at the time and the rest of my family (sister, aunts, uncles, etc.) lived in Colorado. The only thing that helped me cope was telling myself that I will always see my family… there are ties there that can’t ever be broken. But if I didn’t take the risk and move to be with my DH (boyfriend at the time), I would wonder for the rest of my life how things could have turned out for me… And 15 years, 3 kids, our dream house, and numerous blessings later, I know I made the right choice. My family and I are still close as ever and even though I miss them dearly, we are very close at heart and our visits are just that much sweeter. Hope this helps put your mind at ease…

Liza – the best at home exercise that I’ve been able to find is the TV – I’ve been recording exercise shows on my DVR and when I can’t get my cardio in at the gym or outside, I do a session with Gilad (fit tv), he does some really good shows! And it doesn’t take up any room at all!

Jillian – I love your story about DH coming home in the middle of the day, that’s so sweet!

Clanori – It is definitely better to get some protein in at each meal, it makes you feel full longer and keeps cravings at bay. In the morning I ALWAYS have a boiled egg, or some cottage cheese to get at least a protein in with breakfast.

jewljz
05-15-2009, 11:18 AM
PS - I'm going to make Friday my "true up" day for the ticker...

Kristinx
05-15-2009, 11:52 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm coasting along basically...I stay POP all day and as soon as I am home from work it all goes into the crapper haha. It's not THAT bad, but I have been having a couple glasses of wine almost every night. If I could cut that out for awhile I might see a loss...

We had a few nice weather days. I got to try out the sunroof on my new car even! (Bought a red Mazda 6, LOVE IT) but now it is gonna rain all weekend it looks like...and it's a long weekend! grrr

lizababe
05-15-2009, 12:17 PM
Jillian - that was awesome of your DH! Not many men recognize when their wives just need them and to be loved a little more.

Amy - enjoy your last day with your family. A new adventure starts tomorrow!

Lori - it is best to split your protein up throughout the day. I have the same thing with blood sugar problems and fruit if I don't have a balance. I find the fruit that affects it the least is cantaloupe. I usually nibble on that and apple slices in the morning and then again in the afternoon after my salad.

Julie - thank you for the suggestion. I forgot about Fit TV. I think I've seen it while flipping through channels and quickly moved on. I hate seeing skinny people exercise. ;)

Kristin - I hope you get to enjoy that new car topless again soon!

Well I finished my 2nd TO yesteday. Sclae is still the same. I'm telling myself that I'm building muscle by the extra uphill walking. I hope I start seeing losses soon.

This morning I actually convinced my Mini-Me to get up early to go to Starbuck's for a treat. We haven't done that in a LONG time. It worked, she was up and ready by 7:30. I tricked her. After Starbucks we walked to the grocery store to pick up a few things and then walked back home with the groceries. It was a good little early morning exercise even though she didn't think so :)

Yay for Friday! I've gotta get my salad together and packed for lunch then off to work.

Mama Nicole
05-15-2009, 02:25 PM
Hello friends :)

Jillian....how very sweet of DH. Are you sure he is real? lol. How is Baby X doing today? I think the two week marker is a time for some fussiness, but it usually fades as quick as it appears. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you all :)

JerseyAmy.....I too had to leave my family to be with my DH. Totally worth it. It is so nice to have my family come stay with us and vice versa. It is difficult to be away sometimes, but DH and I have a standing agreement that if something goes wrong, or really right, with my family, I will be there. Whatever is going on, within reason, we will figure out a way to get me there.

Sorry for the rant......I was just comletely blown away by this news and wondered if anyone else had ever heard of this or realized it?

Thanks for listening, friends :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
05-15-2009, 02:26 PM
ok, really weird, my entire rant disappeared after I copied and pasted it to word in case that happened......but the rest of the post is there......weird. Well, here goes the ranting :) :

So I have an issue.........I got my Social Security statement thingie yesterday.........and I was reading it, and according to our lovely government, I qualify for SS when I am old enough, but because I chose to be a SAHM, sacrifice a lot of material items, and a bit of sanity, and I have not worked since 2002, I no longer qualify for disability benefits should something awful happen to me. WTF???? I have worked since I was 15 years old, paid into SS, but since I decided to raise my own children instead of paying a ton in daycare for someone else to do it for me (no offense to you working mom's.....I have a lot of kids, the daycare bill would be quite outrageous), I no longer count. How can this be? We have chosen family values over stuff......we don't get any assistance from the government. We aren't asking for handouts, we make a fine living......but that is just it.......WE make a fine living. DH's job is very demanding......he works long hours a lot of days, and travels. There is no way I could schedule working into all of that uncertainty. I am livid. If something happened to me, he would be SCREWED. I just may have to write a little awareness piece and send it into my local paper. I guess I would have to do more research, but it seems awfully wrong, in these United States, that if we pay our taxes, we wouldn't be due the same assistance programs of everyone else just because we are a successful one income family.

I am the world's biggest women's libber stay at home mom. This is my choice, not my fate or my series of unfortunate events. Not to mention that DH makes as much as, if not more, than many two income families........and this would not be possible without the support of his stay at home wife. Sure, he woud still be qualified to do his job, but he woudn't have the time to invest in it. WTF????? I am power pissed. So what do I do, take out dsability inurance on my self via a private insurance company? Can you do that?

I am really an economic specialist......my job, besides the obvious ones, is saving money........by cutting our kids' hair at home, by cooking healthy nutritious meals at home, by walking places instead of driving, by clipping coupons, by shopping sales, by tutoring my own children, by growing fruits and vegetables in my garden. My time allows me to save money of things like this. And I LOVE my job. Noone can do it like I can. I am sickened today by this nonsense.......and what is funny, is I most likely will never need disability benefits.........but someone just like me might....and they will get screwed. It sucks when you try to be an honest, community based, considerate, loving member of society and then realize things like this.

Ok, I am trying to be done. It is hard for me when I feel so passionately about something. I better take some time while I am still angry to write this correctly. I just might HAVE to become employed, just to raise awareness and get my message out there. Those tricky ba$tards.........they are making me change my own mind.......lol.

Kristinx
05-15-2009, 07:22 PM
Well I'm not American so I don't know that much about social security benefits, but I assume it's similiar to our Canada Pension benefits. Like here I would assume you qualify for disability benefits should you become disabled and unable to work. I would assume since you technically do not work, I say technically because I assume with that many kids you're likely working the equivalent of 2-3 full time jobs lol, then they assume you don't need disability benefits if you were to become disabled because technically ur not losing any money by not being able to work.
They probably don't factor in the fact that were u disabled, u may have to hire someone to do the work you do or your husband would lose income due to the responsibilities at home.
I think i can understand the rationale in it, but it kinda sucks! Can you get disability insurance through your husband's work? Sometimes you can get good spousal rates

JLem311
05-15-2009, 08:30 PM
just wanted to pop in and say that baby X is doing well...but this morning i noticed that her right eye was matted shut and kinda goopy/watery..took her to the dr this afternoon and she has pink eye! WTF? how does a 2wk old get fricken pink eye? :( it sucks. so now we have to put this ointment in her eye 3x's a day. and it's so hard to get it in there..we have to pry her little eye open. it sucks and doesn't work so well.
my poor little girl.

Mama Nicole
05-15-2009, 09:06 PM
Jillian.......I hve a home remedy that you can include in her antibiotic treatment. I treat my kids for eye infections without antibiotics now. If you put some baby wash on a clean, wet, warm washcloth, and just gently and slowly wipe her eyes (the unifected one first), well, wait, let me clarify.......a very small amount of tear free baby wash, rinsed a bit and even distributed on the washcloth....wouldn't want to cause a baby pain. I usually just leave it on their eye (closed of course) for a second or two and then gently wipe to the outside. You can do this everytime her eye gunks up, and it will help clear the infection much quicker than with the antibiotic alone. I have cured many eye infections this way.

Also, when baby Maria was born, she had a bit of eye trouble. It is not uncommon for baby's to get clogged tear ducts when they are new. We home remedied baby Mia's eyes, and they got better quick. Also, it was something that only bothered her in the first couple of weeks.

I hope your poor little baby feels better soon. I think it is often harder on us moms than it is on our babies :)
XOXO

BarbaraB
05-15-2009, 09:44 PM
Nicole, I see your point. I'm sure everyone would gladly give you benefits if it did not mean that someone who actually did pay in would get less. Plus how in heck do they determine how much to pay a SAHM?. I know you can buy insurance policies like that, as I've had insurance agents pitch them to me before. I did the SAHM mom thing for a few years, so I recall how that felt. Then I went back to work, and experienced the stay at home mom's being rather dismissive of the working moms.... like they don't care about their kids.... I don't think I could have managed to work with 5 kids... Of course they eventually grow up and you move on with your life.. You'll likely qualify again for disability without working a great deal...

sweetandspicy
05-16-2009, 12:13 PM
i lost 6 pounds this week!!!!

lizababe
05-16-2009, 01:14 PM
Congratulations!!!! Did you do a TO?

Kristinx
05-16-2009, 03:35 PM
Holy crap Amy that's awesome! Your body must have been holding out on that loss for awhile huh?

JLem311
05-16-2009, 03:53 PM
that's awesome amy! :)

JLem311
05-16-2009, 03:54 PM
oh and nicole--thanks for the eye advice. i tried it already before we put more ointment on this afternoon. :) hopefully it'll speed the process along.

Mama Nicole
05-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Congrats Amy!!!!!

sweetandspicy
05-17-2009, 11:10 AM
Thank you to everyone. I did do takeoff and i started a rapid results plan. I stuck to the plan like glue and I drank 64 plus oz of water a day. I have been exercising a l lot lately and I am sure that has made a difference. i really needed a big loss to keep me going and that was it. my goal this week is to make sure i keep it off.