20-Somethings - *** Weekkly Chat May 10 to May 16 ***

beaka
05-10-2009, 11:31 AM
Hey everybody!!! I think this is my first time starting on e of theses threads. I hope everyone had a good week! Brie and Taylor: Hope everything went well with your exams/papers, but YAY!!! Schools out!!!

I was in New Orleans for a conference. I didn't eat that great, but I did get in some exercise everyday. My weight is up 3 pounds. I met this amazing chick who lost about 100 pounds. She gave me a lot of tips. She lost it 2 years ago and now works at a YMCA and at a gym. We hung out, and she's supposed to be sending me some recipes and stuff. Her whole mission in life is helping other people be healthy, so I am totally reinspired. She was actually running 20 flights of stairs for her workout. She did it 5 times in a row!!! It was crazy! Anyways... I'm already back on plan. I had a super healthy breakfast and am going to work out soon. I'm going to the grocery store for more healthy foods, and I'm gonna lose this weight!!! :carrot:

Update: I have a typo in the title and I can't change it :( This is why I don't start the thread...

Chele615
05-10-2009, 11:56 AM
20 flights of stairs is torture enough....but FIVE TIMES?!?! Wow!! I'm pretty sure I would be found sprawled out in between two floors about halfway into the second time!

I still have the remnants of my sinus infection and it won't budge. Headache, stuffy nose, my teeth hurt, etc. I have been able to up my time at the gym throughout the week though which is good. I started off earlier this week only getting through about 35 minutes on the elliptical before feeling like I was going to collapse....but I was able to do 50 minutes this weekend, so that was good.

It's been a great weekend...cousin's wedding Friday night, Red Sox game with my dad yesterday, and then spending the day with my mom today! I'm starting to get discouraged though because I have been at the same weight for almost a month now. I think I am finally hitting one of those dreaded plateaus! It definitely sucks.

FutureSkinnyChick
05-10-2009, 12:30 PM
Hello!

I'm pretty new but I just wanted to let you know that YOU have inspired me!keep up the good work.:carrot:

Today is usually a cheat day for me but i'm gonna make better choices.

beaka
05-10-2009, 01:59 PM
Chele: She invited me and I only made it through twice and I was walking. But then I just went and did some lunges, pushups, and crunches that my trainer taught me. We were really just trying to just find stuff to do. The hotel was charging $10 a day for use of the gym! As much as those rooms were, there was no way I was giving those people any more money.

FutureSkinnyChick: Hey! Glad you found someone that inspires you! I think that's why a lost of us keep coming back to this site. I poke around in the goal forums too. I wish you the best in your weight loss!!! :)

I just worked out... 30 minutes elliptical, 6 step, 20 bike, and a few arm weights. I think I'm back in the groove. I actually have a date tonight. I WILL make it through the rest of this day on plan!!! I think I've decided that day by day works best for me.

Here we go again
05-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Hey ladies! Its been a while for me on here. I've only been going to my trainer once a week and not really doing much else but I have been eating a lot less and now I'm actually losing weight after not losing any for awhile. So I have a man. We've been together since beginning april. I have to be out of my place june 1st. I think I'm going to move in with him. I'm kinda nervous but ever since my church shunned me, I have nobody in ca. Its been really hard.

Be- that's crazy about the stairs. I love new orleans though. That's awesome that u are remotivated.

Che- hey girl! I hope u have a great day with your momma. I miss u!

aneleh
05-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Hey, I hope everyone is well! I took some pictures in my bikini today, to help recommit to losing the last few pounds. I went to buy a scale today too (don't have one in this house) but they were a little out of my price range so I got a measuring tape and took all my measurements! I made up a new blog and posted all this stuff so I can stay motivated. I think it will be easier to focus like this.

Iconised Ghost
05-10-2009, 05:13 PM
morning everyone! Today i could KILL for some chocolate but i will stay on plan if it kills me dammit!! My cat was sick yesterday, was throwing up every hour from about 7pm on Saturday til 9am Sunday, now shes looking a bit more like her normal self, and shes eating a little and drinking plenty so thats a relief. She wants to go outside and has been hunting for my breakfast too which shows shes getting back to normal :D Poor thing

Going to gym today, cant wait :D

Welcome futureskinnychick!

I come with graduation pictures! I know other chicks have graduated, you better post yours too :D

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/IconisedGhost/DSC01313-1.jpg

KEmery08
05-10-2009, 05:22 PM
Hello!

I was lucky enough to be in charge of our Mother's Day lunch today. We had grilled chicken, salad w/lots of veggies, & corn. For dessert? Fruit pizza! Pretty healthy meal, overall.

I join a gym tomorrow. It's a 24 hour access kind of place & they have FREE personal trainers. I'm hoping it'll help - I've got to get going!

Luckily my scale stopped freaking me out. I hate "that time of of the month." I weighed myself each morning for 4 days & each day ... I gained a POUND! What?!! Today, it was all gone again. Sheesh.

starmac13
05-10-2009, 11:24 PM
hey everyone

I finally have a moment to post on here. It feels like forever. Plus I going the extra mile for work and listening to mortgage loan cds that my mom gave me. And by that I mean its the noise that I am listening to while I type.

Beaka - thats cool that you trained a little with her. And that she is going to give you some tips. I always feel like they are more legit when they come from someone who has already gone through the process of losing weight.

KE - free personal trainers?!? I would be there every day. That sounds like a great menu of food. Fruit pizza. Never had it. Sounds good

Icon - yay for graduation, Congrats

aneleh - the inches are the most important thing. No one know how much you weigh except you. But i do like the constant reminder of getting my butt in the gym when the scale says something i am not too happy with.

HWGA - hey girl. hope everything works out. hugs

chele - 50 minutes is great being sick or not. When i am sick, i usually bow out at minute 15. Then i realize that i spent more time driving than at the gym

I am only going to have time for the bridged update on my life
- work - going really well. I think I am doing a pretty good job. I am also trying to go the extra mile so that when my 60 day temp is up, they will look to add me on in another area. The ppl i work with are cool. We had a pot luck on friday and someone suggested we make it a weekly thing. I shot that idea down so fast...

Workout - i have restarted C25K for like the 12th time it feels like. Completed W5d2 today. Then did sprints afterward. I got up to 10.6 for 45 sec. Some guy looked over and thought i was going to fall off bc i almost slipped. That could have been really bad

Night friends

NishKitten
05-11-2009, 09:38 AM
Personals first!

Beaka -- I would kill to be able to run flights of stairs like that! That is really inspiring. Are you going to try it? LoL. :p

Chele -- You should try rinsing your sinuses with a Neti pot. It looks like a little tea pot, and you fill it with warm water and a sea salt/baking soda/eucalyptus solution (mine came with packets of it) and then pretty much pour it into one nostril and it forces all the nastiness backed up in your head out the other nostril. It's gross, but it works wonders. I get sinus infections all the time too, but ever since my holistic adviser (my maman) told me to get one and do it weekly I haven't had a sinus infection, or even an allergy attack since.

Future -- Welcome!!!! You'll fall in love with the women here, everyone is so great. :D

HWGA -- Hihi! :hug: Oh hunny, I am so sorry they did that to you. wtf ever happened to following the example of Jesus in daily life? I would be finding a new church. I'm glad you found someone, and he'd better treat you like a queen or i'm coming to Cali to bust up his kneecaps Tanya Harding style.

Aneleh -- Measurements are the best way to keep track of your body while actively losing, I think. The scale is the best thing for keeping track when you're in maintenance though.

Ghost -- HAPPY GRADUATION!!!!!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

KEmery -- Post that recipe for fruit pizza! That sounds really good. :D

Star -- Glad the job is going so well! I got invited back for final interviews to be a communications officer (911 dispatch officer) in Prince George so hopefully we'll both be permanently and gainfully employed soon. Then we can make Ashlan come out here and go shopping at Stoney Point. :D

Now for shenanigans: Get a stiff drink for this one, or line up some peen afterwards. You will need it.

Okay, I know this is the only place where I can rant and be catty about this and nobody is going to give me the side-eye about it. My "friends" (I use the term loosely) have all had children within the last two years except, oh, three.

The problem with this is that out of the friends/acquaintances who have had kids, only 3 of them didn't pull that eat-whatever-I-want card and gain absurd amounts of weight. Those 3 are also the only ones who have actively worked on losing the weight. The rest are still quite fat and completely out of shape (which confuses me because I have babysat most of these kids, most of which can crawl and walk, and I am running after them every second they aren't asleep) at least two have actually GAINED weight since having their children because they didn't change their diets and for some idiotic reason thought that breast feeding was going to make them lose the 80+ pounds they put on. These women are also the ones that think their husbands should be 'more accepting' of their weight gain. Mmmkay, my only problem with that is this: Men are attracted visually. Their love for you is not based on how you look at that point, but his libido most certainly still is. I might get flamed for this, but honestly, as much as women alter and press for change in the *behavior* of their men, it is ONLY right and fair that you should keep yourself attractive. At least in the same condition you were when you guys dated. He'll be more likely to keep himself up as well so you'll both be happy. Huzzah -- back to the point.

*In Ben Stein voice* Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight . So...

What makes me even more mad is when the attempting to be fit and fit friends and I are making workout dates (or plans to go whitewater kayaking, as it were) and they make absurd comments. I normally would let this crap slide, but I don't appreciate people brushing my weight loss efforts off with 'anorexic' jokes, comments about trying to 'get my husband back', 'get a new man', etc.

First off, I worked and am still working bloody effing hard to get my body back to where i'm comfortable in my own skin. I have what my Maman calls 'skinny bones' which aptly means that though tall, I don't have a bigger frame. Most women my height could hold 160lbs and look slender. I can't. You can tell that i'm way overweight for my body when I start edging up over 140. I can be 112lbs and look very slender, but not gaunt by any means. No protruding hip bones, no suckface, no rib cage visible from the back, no knobby knees. Just normal looking athletic thin, and comfortably wearing a size 4. My mom, grandma, all my aunts -- the same thing.

What makes me even more mad is when the people making those jokes insist that they wear a size 9 in jeans as they stuff a entire forkful of fettuccine alfredo into their mouth, knowing FULL WELL that their CANKLE couldn't squeeze into the *thigh* of a pair of size 9 jeans. *I* wear a 7/9 in juniors, and my hips have not had something the size of a cantaloupe bust through them, I don't eat giant plates of cheese pasta twice a day, and my only strenuous exercise isn't the effort it takes to haul myself out of the front seat of a car. THEN they had the nerve to get mad at me for giving them the 'b*tch, puh-leeeeeeeeeeeeeeze!' look while they discussed it. I also made sure to mention I didn't think that was accurate as I was a only a size smaller, and those jeans are cut very straight through the hips and waist to fit a teenage body, not a woman's.

Then the rest of the fat ones start chiming in about how that can't be right because they also wear various juniors sizes and then got to complaining about how their husbands want them to be "super skinny" after having kids, and how your body changes. ...W...T...F. Back to what you were before you had kids is not super skinny for a single one of them. Most were already slightly overweight. I guess I just don't understand how people can become *so* overweight and not intervene when they know they're gaining it. I would rather throw myself off of a bridge than buy the next bigger size, let alone 5 or 6 sizes up. And if I had to I certainly wouldn't be blaming it on the fact that 'the clothes run small'. I had already put on lots of muscle when I shattered my leg and had surgery. I was in a plaster cast or in surgery for a year. I got pumped full of prednisone, medrol and methadones every day so I couldn't do anything but watch in horror as I put on pounds, and trust me, I felt every single one. It was painful to watch myself turn into someone I didn't recognize anymore, and to feel like I was in a different body. I certainly would notice if my pants started to get tight, if I started to look bloated. I always have. How do you just up and ignore something like that? How do you not address it before it becomes a problem, and then when it does, how do you deny it? How do you get mad at OTHER people (ie: husband, boyfriend) for mentioning it when you seem blissfully unaware of that fact, or worse, keep putting on more weight when you have the means and ability to DO something about it!?

Holy crap, give him an effing break. Love may be unconditional, but sexual arousal and attraction most definitely are not. There is nothing 'shallow' or unreasonable about that fact. :mad:

And of course, they got all in an uproar about me mentioning that as well. Like he's expecting something wholly unreasonable to want you to at least make an effort. Again, b*tch PUHLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE! Maybe when you get your butt on a stationary bike, and stop eating entire boxes of 500 calorie Little Debby cakes as 'snacks' four times a day then he'll quit paying $4.99 every quarter-hour to watch some foreign girl get naked on webcam, mmkay?

That is all.

stellarosa27
05-11-2009, 10:06 AM
Nish - I <3 you. That is all. Also, Prince George in MD or VA?

Chele - I've also tried a Neti Pot and I'm going to second that it works WONDERS.

Beaka - That stair thing sounds amazing, in a very scary way. My last year in college I used to run up and down the stairs of our apt building (we were on the 7th floor) - it was an awesome work out.

Icon - Congratulations! And I hope your cat is better.

Aneleh - Kudos on taking a picture in a bikini! I'm with you that scales are way more expensive than they need to be. If I'm paying that much for something, it better give me good news.

Kemery - what is in fruit pizza!? I'm intrigued...

Star - Way to go on nixing the pot luck idea!!

HWGA - Good luck - sorry about your church, that's not right...

So this weekend was kind of hard. I worked really late on Friday, but still managed to get up and get my butt kicked in spin. I shopped, then went out on Saturday, and did not drink (therefore did not binge). My ex was there, so to avoid making bad decisions, I just avoided the alcohol.
Yesterday was really really hard. I got up early to go see the butterflies (so pretty!) and I spent the rest of the day cleaning my bedroom and bathroom. I purged my closet of clothes that, let's face it, just don't fit and I haven't worn in years. The purging felt good and I rewarded myself with dinner and a movie with a friend. I just had to keep myself busy so I wasn't stuffing my face all day out of sadness. Matthew McCounghey helped a bit :)

I hope all of you had a great Mother's Day weekend :)

ursurvivor
05-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Hi Ladies!
I'm pretty new to the site. You're all inspiring! My goal for this week will be to hit the gym everyday during lunch time instead of the cafeteria. AND workout again after work wish me luck

"Because I am a work in progress, I must congratulate myself on the advancements that I make each day" - Me

Taylor86
05-11-2009, 10:42 AM
I have two finals today and one more on thursday and then I am done!

Yay! I am almost there!

shantroy
05-11-2009, 10:55 AM
Hey everyone! Hope all you mom's had a happy mother's day! My eating was waaaaaaaayyyyy off track this weekend. A good friend of my bf's was in town and we went out for mexican (dreaded mexican food), lots of appy's and lots and lots of margaritas and then some strait up tequila. Not good. I did pretty well yesterday. I had my bf and parents over for dinner for mother's day. I mad chicken soulvalki (sp) it was good. Got some leftovers for lunch today and to make lunch even better, a couple of us are going to to go walking!

I'm super excited, I just recieved my season's tickets for one of the theatre companies here in town. My bf and bff and her bf decided that we'd get season's tickets and have 5 double date nights through out the year. My parent's gave us there tickets for this Saturday so we're going to the theatre this weekend. I'm super excited. We hardly ever hang out as a four some so it's gonna be wicked!

I'll be back this afternoon to do personals.

Bee20nine
05-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Nish: All I have to say is I agree. Unless your having triplets or something like that there is no reason to put on 80lbs during a normal pregnancy. If I remember right it should be something like 30. I cant comment on the mental state of a woman after pregnancy in regards to how her body changes because I havent had children. However, when did having kids = I have a right to be fat? I have had friends that have put on enough weight to equal a whole other adult person during pregancy for 1 kid. She has since taken it all off and then some major props to her. Its not that it cant be done its the want factor.

Taylor: almost done gf!

As for me:
I just had a bad food weekend all around, pizza, ice cream. I alloted for some of the points definitely not all of them. Exercise and I are going to have to become friends again. :(

My dad left go on a vaction after only going back to work for 2 weeks from knee surgery. I need a government job........
I also had the pleasantries of getting rid of a trojan virus thingy off my comptuer this weekend. It has reminded me how important making sure all my music and picture files are backed up. I was able to dump all my pictures, but the music thing keeps stopping in the middle cause it cant find some random music file. Grrrr

CakeBatter
05-11-2009, 12:35 PM
After reading all the posts I am caught up finally. Personals later. Just want to say I did good this weekend. Proabably drank too much last night, ran 4 miles in 46 minutes on Saturday!

....AND Nisha ....AMEN! I try my best to stay looking attractive ...not only for him but first and foremost ...for MUHSELF

I promise I am doing personals tonight!

Blcarter84
05-11-2009, 01:16 PM
Ladies I have not been on really because I worked ALL weekend...it was crazy insane but I made fat cash and I needed to! Good news is that I am down to 169.4 which means I am out of the 170's for the FIRST TIME....we'll see how long it lasts.

Things have been really great...I have been talking to this guy for about a month and a half and I REALLY like him. We actually went to school together but never talked or hung out then. HAven't really felt like this about someone in a LONG time...and this is definitely even different from those times. Anyway hope you ladies are doing well...didn't read up I feel like I am sooo behind:(

aneleh
05-11-2009, 05:17 PM
Starmac- Lol falling off the treadmill would have been kinda funny :p. I think there are a few videos of that floating around on the net.

Nish- I never noticed before, but we are the same size! Haha but you are one inch taller :p. My bf told me a couple weeks ago that he noticed I put on some weight but I was suprised to see I didn't yell at him for that! I think I've just gotten so detached from the number on the scale lately that it is just a fact, and not tied to my self-esteem anymore. That being said, I've stopped gorging on sugar cause these jeans aint gonna fit forever lol.

stella- Good for you for avoiding the alcohol around an ex! Haha I probably would have indulged and seen it as an excuse to do something stupid.

ursurvivor- Welcome to the board!

One of my coworkers asked if I was going to the gym tonight (I wasn't planning on it.. ) and I was too sheepish to say no, so I guess I'm going! It's a 15min walk back to work to meet her to get a ride to the gym, and a 60min class (which is ok, I'd rather do more weights), and then a 35min walk back home from the gym. :S Grr. It's the walking I don't like. I gotta make it home before it gets dark (not get lost like last time lol) cause there's a lot of creepies in these streets lol.

On another note, I've been taking pictures of everything I ate today and posting them on my blog. I figure if everyone will see it if I eat crap then I'd be less likely to :)

Chele615
05-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Speaking of falling off treadmills.....one of the girls in the homeroom I run fell off the treadmill. She was joking around with her friends, running/dancing along to "Single Ladies" by Beyonce and her friend kept upping the speed. She managed to get tripped up and fall face first into the treadmill as she slid off of it. Got a nice belt burn on her chin. One of the friends was filming on the cell phone...so I got to see it all as it happened! haha

freakiel
05-11-2009, 08:22 PM
On another note, I've been taking pictures of everything I ate today and posting them on my blog. I figure if everyone will see it if I eat crap then I'd be less likely to :)

I've been meaning to do something similar to this. I am constantly trying new brands of foods and I thought maybe I'd start up a diet food review blog and I'll take pictures of everything and keep track of all my meals on it.

stellarosa27
05-11-2009, 08:39 PM
Oooh I had a fat kid day today, I was just so hungry! I tried to make good decisions with food, but then I just worked out for an extra half hour. My hockey roomie is back (so happy - I miss him when he's gone, but don't tell him that ;) ) so we're watching the Caps/Penguins game.

And I have fallen off a treadmill, just thankfully I went butt first so there was no belt burn on my face :)

munchievictim
05-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Hey everyone, I'm not new to the forum but brand new to the thread.
Taylor86--my name's taylor too :) and the quote by emerson in your signature is engraved on a bracelet that i've worn every day for like a year and a half. interesting facts. haha.
Anyway, I'm climbing back on the wagon. I got down to 186 a few weeks ago, fell off, gained it ALL (and I mean all) back, and now I'm climbing back down again. I'm taking up weight lifting as my main form of excersize, and went to the gym on my college campus for the first time today. The free weights section was too intimidating for me to venture into, jam packed with jock guys. I worked on the machines mostly.
I got in 40 minutes of cardio today too. When I tripped up this past time, a lot of it was due to a total lag in my excersize routine--I just stopped being active. And I wasn't eating enough.
So I've upped my calorie allotment to 1700 (though I got more like 1500 today) and as much as 1900 on days I lift, when I start lifting more than the weighted bar. haha.

hope everybody had a good day.

Iconised Ghost
05-11-2009, 10:16 PM
welcome munchievictim! I love your user name, i swear munchie snacks should come with a warning. Like pringles! I swear again and again that "once you pop you cant stop" is a warning not an advertising slogan!

Taylor86
05-11-2009, 11:17 PM
HI Taylor! Looks like we have a lot in common! I am glad you joined! I am almost one with finals so I haven't been on as often as I usually am but after thursday I am done!!

Welcome!!!

KEmery08
05-11-2009, 11:17 PM
welcome munchievictim! I love your user name, i swear munchie snacks should come with a warning. Like pringles! I swear again and again that "once you pop you cant stop" is a warning not an advertising slogan!

ha! i couldn't agree more. & my husband, really, he LIVES for bbq pringles. it's pretty frustrating to sit & watch him pop & NOT stop. :p

fruit pizza was pretty basic. i used a light dough (i'll find a recipe, promise), sugar-free vanilla pudding & then i used granny smith apples as the crust, a circle of strawberries, then bananas, grapes & blueberries. it was delightful! (& tasted SO fresh.)

i really need to find a workout buddy ... my best friend is moving back at the beginning of june. hopefully she'll be motivated, or at least use it as an excuse to get away from the kids. (she's a stay at home mom of three. :dizzy:)

Iconised Ghost
05-12-2009, 12:10 AM
haha if i could i would live for the salt and vinegar :drool:

jerzygal
05-12-2009, 12:21 AM
Hi Ladies! I've been a 3FC member for awhile but I don't think I've ever introduced myself on this thread.

I've been fluctuating up and down between the same 10-12 lbs for a few years now, but have my *twin* brother's wedding this Fall and I can't let those pictures go down in history with me in a fat phase!! So I have some motivation...hopefully!

I also just posted a new thread about a boy in this forum. I am hopelessly inexperienced in dating and have no idea what to do. So I'm at a point where I like someone and I want to know if he likes me...I am utterly clueless and I think he is worse. So...blind leading the blind.

What should I do??!!

lissa9501
05-12-2009, 12:54 AM
i got my mothers day dinner today...and right afterwards went to the gym i tried not to eat all the potato salad my mil made(its the only dish she makes that has flavor other than bland)
i dont even hurt after some of the weights i pushed so now hubby and i have to figure out which days still, i'd like for tues and thurs to be added so we can get 3 days straight

beaka
05-12-2009, 02:05 AM
HWGA: Glad you're seeing the pounds drop! Glad you got a new man too. As for the moving in together... I'm not really a big fan of it that early in the dating game. Did you know this person a while before you dated? Just think it over and go with you gut. I think moving in together is for people at a stage where they're trying to decide to build a life together.

analeh: Where's the link to your blog?!?!?!

Ghost: Congratulations on your graduation!!!

KEmery: Free personal training!!! That's awesome!!! Take full advantage! And that fruit pizza does sound really good. I saw a breakfast recipe that had it on english muffins.

Starmac: So glad you didn't slip! I'm always in awe of the C25Kers. Running scares me.

Nish: I walked steps. And only made 2 of the 20 flight rounds. Maybe when I lose some more weight and am focusing on getting my Serena Williams booty I can focus on steps.... And LOL @ busting kneecaps "Tanya Harding style!" I believe you'd do it too. And I'm with you on trying to look at least somewhat like you did when you got together. Especially when the person just ain't trying. If you meet me at 250 lbs, then you don't get to have a problem with my weight, but it you met me at 150 and I gain 100 pounds we may have a problem. You can't expect someone to be turned on by watching you scarf down pasta.

Cake: You're right. It ain't about what the dude thinks. Even if you're by yourself and gain a bunch of weight in a short amount of time, you need to thin about changing for yourself. One thing I can say is I've been consistently fat ;) This is how I looked when you met me, so if you got something to say, it's on! :)

blcarter: YAY for the 160s!!!:carrot:

Munchievictim: HEY!!! :)

As for me, worked out with the trainer today. It's getting easier. The cute trainer came up and started talking to me when I was on the elliptical all sweaty and nasty looking. He's nice though. We'll see what that's about. He's so cute... I stalked him a little on facebook already :p

I have a phone interview in the morning and one on Friday, so think positive thoughts for me!!! Have a great day, ladies! :)

HeatherMcG
05-12-2009, 09:30 AM
Hey girls! How are ya'll? I'm okay. Took yesterday and today off of work for fun. Had almost 5 days to use and figured these days were as good as any! I saw about a 1 lb lost on the scale. We shall see if it sticks!

Nish- I also agree with you. I do have to put a stipulation on it, If a woman is really, really trying to lose it and can't. I think they should be exempt from your wrath. :lol: J/k But take me for an example. I do not have kids but I bust my arse daily trying to lose weight and I can't. So I guess what I am saying is yes, hubbies do deserve their wives in decent shape, but you can't fault EVERY woman for being big. KWIM? Keep on speaking your mind!

bl- Yay for 160's!

HWG- You know what I think you should do. Whatever your do, keep yourself first! Don't ever let anyone treat you bad. :)

CakeBatter
05-12-2009, 09:33 AM
hey girlls. Popping in as usual...Been doing that a lot lately. I ran 3 miles last night followed by an hour of Yoga. I liked it. I can just about do a split and it really stretched out muh running muscles. However I am very today, I guess due to using stabilizer muscles.

Beaka -GL on the interview....."I was fat when you met me..." haha you are too funny.

Jerzygal / MunchieVictim - Welcome!!!!

Icon - Agree about the "disclaimer" and uhm I lOOOOOOVE salt and vingar

Taylor - YAY. TWO MORE DAYS!

Stellar - Ugh I hate fat kid days. But you made better choices....so a step in the right direction

Analeh - OOOO I wish I could walk to my gym. It would be a little extra workout. I hope yougot home before dark. Unless of course, you had Nisha;s sharpshooting a**! LOL

Chele - You seemed like you enjoyed this waaaaay too much ...LOL

Becky - WTG girl. I can't wait to see that day. I probably won't even believe when I see it. Keep up the good work

Heather - You are soooo far the expection to rule...it ain't even funny. We all see that you work your a** off and so doe syour hubby. It is the ones who are complaining about it and not doing anything that need to get it together!

NishKitten
05-12-2009, 10:00 AM
I feel like a freakin' zombie today, I hope i'm not getting sick. :(

Jerzy -- Hi hunny, welcome to the thread! :hug:

Ashlan -- There you are girl! How have you been?

Beaka -- Exactly, and none of those skanks are trying. It isn't okay for anyone -- ANYONE -- in their fat-denial to leave the house looking like an unkempt manatee in a too-small velour sweatsuit. And wear FULL SIZE panties with it!? Quel dommage! The only thing that upsets me more than panty lines are jean shorts. And of course, the slew of people who did not tell that women she left the house with her rear end looking like something out of a horror film. :mad:

Star -- LMFAO! You would have had a moment like the girl that was trying to outpace me on the treadmill at the gym a few months ago. I think the atomic crotch wedgie she gave herself wearing those little booty shorts hurt more than any injury she got from falling. That and her pride.

Kemery -- Mmmmm. I am making a tropical fruit version of that for dessert today. :D

Aneleh -- Good to know now, too late! We could have been trading clothes back in Vancouver on outings to stalk Robert Pattinson together. :p

Heather -- Oh completely! It's one thing if you're trying and have a medical problem. 2 -- YOU, ms thang, are NOT in any way shape or form in bad shape. I would probably struggle to keep up with you on a workout! That was more of these harpee's EXPECTING that their husbands should be happy that they're even breathing the same air, like they're some sort of gift. Which I guess they are... in a queen termite kind of way since none of them have done anything but gain weight, lay around, complain, and spit out babies. I don't even get mad when those guys give me the once-over because I feel so bad for them. We went out boating on the river and I was catching b*tchface from all of them for tanning topless, but so were some of them. Just that I was getting the appreciative dumb look. That's probably the first shapely tit some of those guys had seen in years. They need a support group. :(

Anyway, i'm about ready to go work out. So I had a mini-date, I guess. I had the grill out front and some music on and I was making chicken, shrimp, and some grilled avocado, which btw is HEAVEN with a little lime-jalapeno powder. Thank you Stella! My downstairs neighbor came up here on the pretense of bumming a cigarette and ended up asking if he could stay for dinner. He's nice, but obvious. He works for the FBI doing interrogations and was trying casually to gather intel about my relationship status, age, background and whatnot. I could have told him i'm a badass and i've been through the Army Linguist CERE courses and knew exactly what he was up to, but I have a weakness for cute asian guys and at that moment I hadn't decided whether or not I wanted to sleep with him, so I kept his confidence intact just in case. I ended up deciding against it lest I have another Hot Roommate fiasco. You can only properly puppet the male species if you have a few miles between you. They're okay with *hearing* that you're not exclusive. Once they actually see each other they lose their freakin' minds. It always culminates into a showdown and then a relationship ultimatum which I must always decline. I have lost some superb peen like that. Makes my heart weep. :p

Blcarter84
05-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Nish- Talkin about people and what they wear HOLY SMOKES I waited on this lady and her husband the other day and she was pretty fit but she was wearing like plaid shorts and a tank top and was sitting in the booth like indian style and TOTALLY had Camel Toe bad....it was impossible to not look. I was like REALLY REALLY...this is NOT happening right now!!

Cake- Girl you will be there and I bet you will surpass your goal weight IMO and soon especially if you keep running like you are!

Ghost- I totally LOVE Salt and Vinegar Pringles..but I almost dont remember what they taste like it has been sooooo long since i've had one.

OMG I think im in "like" well I know I am. He's sooo great and is totally crazy about me. I'm excited to see where this goes. Plus he thinks its sexy when I workout and sweat lol...now thats a man I want:).
So I am out of the 170's but BARELY....and really hoping to reach 164 by my birthday...YIKES which is 2 weeks away!

I did my hour of Tae Bo and when I was looking in the mirror today I noticed that I can actually see muscles in my stomach underneath the baby damaged area!! Well ladies I gotta do laundry and get ready for work....HAVE A GREAT NIGHT

aneleh
05-12-2009, 05:44 PM
I will get to personals later tonight. Just checking in to say my landlord's son and his friend are over to mow the lawn and I'm drooling! LOL I'm soooo tongue tied I must look like an idiot. I'm going outsied to gawk lol..

beaka
05-12-2009, 06:44 PM
Had the interview today... I think it went pretty bad. The lead interviewer kinda had a nasty tone, so I couldn't read her. I'm not sure if that's just how she is or just didn't like my answers. She was drilling me! At the end she did ask me about when my fellowship ends and how soon I could move there if chosen. I dunno... :?: I feel better about the interview I'll have on Friday. I have a better idea of how it will go.

I have a cabbage roll casserole in the oven. I got the recipe off of sparkpeople. I just cooked the ground turkey with onions and green peppers an tomatoes and layered it in a dish with shredded cabbage. Then I poured a can of V8 on top. Whether it will actually taste good has yet to be determined (considering I hate V8 and that's the only reason the can was still in the fridge). I may have to pour some spaghetti sauce on top.

Heather: You KNOW we ain't talkin about you! Just the lazy wives who don't dive a flip. To me, it's not even about just weight. If you're just walkin around lookin busted in general because you feel like you got your man on lock, you need a reality check.

Cake: Thanks!

Blcarter: Yay for muscles! One day I'll have muscles. :D

Nish: Thank you for the laughs you provide me with everyday. :hug:
Oh, and can we have an exception that allows panty lines at the gym? I always do! I always have a panty problem if I don't wear cotton briefs! :o

starmac13
05-12-2009, 07:05 PM
hey girls

will post when i get back. Just stopping to say that I am off to the gym. Now that the universe knows, i have to go

back in a little bit

Bee20nine
05-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Oh its a good night. MMMMMMM NCIS. I think I need a tall dark haired guy one just not as cocky as DiNozzo though McGhee is my type normally.

It seems everyone is having a quiet evening. Food choices were alright besides the 2 donut holes, and 1 donut.

stellarosa27
05-12-2009, 08:39 PM
I'm just sitting here watching hockey, downloading music. I got weighed today, and I was down while still having points left so I kinda had a little pig out reward. All healthy stuff though, and nothing overboard. I made black bean brownies and I'm currently trying to pawn them off on the boys.

luvja
05-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Hi Girls.... Long time no see. I missed you all. Unfortionatly I can no longer continue with weight watchers, due to $ problems. I'm pretty upset about it, but I won't give up. I've been walking daily, and feeling good about it. Still searching for a full-time job.

munchievictim
05-12-2009, 10:29 PM
hey everybody, thanks for the welcome.
I started C25K yesterday, but I'd been training every day since Saturday so I took today off on the workout, ate less calories, am in good shape. Tomorrow I brave the gym to do my weight lifting and get in some cardio on the bike. I go to the gym on my college campus and there are a lot of people there I went to high school with. I feel self-conscious but also kind of stick my chin up and work harder, so I guess it's not that bad.
I wanted to go out and walk today, it was beautiful outside, but my legs are sore from squats :(
I hope we continue to have great weather here.
Anyway, barrelling on. Hope you're all having successful days. :)

freakiel
05-12-2009, 11:10 PM
Today was my last day of classes, so me and some friends went to Bob Evans for dinner, I definitely ate a bit more than I should have and a bit unhealthy. I got a chicken club sandwich with fried chicken with cheese and bacon, fries, and a biscuit. It was so tasty. I figured one night was okay to be a little indulgent. It was delicious, but so so bad for me.

Iconised Ghost
05-12-2009, 11:32 PM
Ive got to go to the gym today. I dont want to. But i have to. Ive eaten heaps xD I just want to stay home and eat cake and lose weight :( Why cant i be thin and full of cake dammit? >.<

Blcarter84
05-13-2009, 07:38 AM
Good morning! Pretty uneventful so far considering it is 7:30 and way before I normally get up. But I have been getting up with the boy before he goes to work for the past three days so it has ben either 5 or 6 a.m. when I wake up and make breakfast:) I weighed this morning at 169.2 so that means that I am still in the 160's YAY!! it wasn't a fluke.

I plan on getting in another great workout today even though I am still sore for some reason. I just ignore it mostly...because I know that I feel better if i workout. Plus I need so to lose these last few pounds and then maintain instead of maintaining right now.

Michelle125
05-13-2009, 09:42 AM
Good morning ladies! I've been very busy and haven't posted in about a week. I also realized I have sound evidence that my roommate has been reading PRIVATE love letters to my boyfriend in the Army. I am appalled that someone would do that. I know this because I complained about her in one of them and now she's all upset that she has a 'feeling' I find her annoying. She was saying things that were so specific it COULD NOT be a coincidence. Time for me to go to Home Depot and manually place a doorknob on my door that locks with a key. How could someone read a black book that says "Love Letters for _______" on the very first page???!! I am sickened right now. Sorry, I needed to vent.

DanSinDeva
05-13-2009, 02:24 PM
:wave: hi girls! i've been lurking this week, jsut really stressed out about this stupid class. It was over yesterday, but he is giving us til friday to turn in our Final. STILL Way too impossible, I just can't grasp the concept! Oh well, I know the teacher that is teaching it next semester will really help out! I fell down, but I'm getting back up. Got back in the gym this week FINALLY, I decide it's time to up my weights, even if its only 2.5 plates instead of 5's. I'm super sore today, but definitely getting back in there again today. Monday was chest, yesterday was back, I believe today is Shoulders! haha, I'm sucking at running again, but still hitting about 2.5 miles right now! i can't wait to get that back up!

Sorry no personals, I'm having a down week this week :( But NISH you are freaking hysterical, but I have those same thoughts! Definitely takes work to keep the dude interested, where DOES it read that once you sign your contract you no longer have to take care of your self...PLUS why would you want to stop?

Becky - congrats on the new guy! I hope he keeps you around!

Taylor86
05-13-2009, 02:34 PM
One more essay to go! I hand it in tomorrow!

I did get an hour workout yesterday and today and have been really on top of my eating! Plus I see my trainer tomorrow! Wooo hooo

Ugh I also have so much laundry to do!!!

stellarosa27
05-13-2009, 03:07 PM
Good luck Taylor!!! Congrats on almost being done!

NishKitten
05-13-2009, 03:11 PM
Beaka -- hehehe! Yes, panty lines are allowed at the gym. Looking beat in general is allowed at the gym. If you go in and come out looking pristine you are not doing it right. I'm not budging on the velour sweatsuits, though. And trust me, I understand wedgie issues. I gave up on wearing panties to work out years ago. Hanes boxer briefs all the way! I wear basketball shorts, so I can do that. :D

Dansin -- LoL. It always turns out being so hysterical later, but at the time I type it i'm usually *so* mad. I don't know what their problem is, but they will never be at a bar with me. The gals with me need to be bringing sexyback because I am cheap, and after the initial $20 spent out of my own pocket my drinks need to be FREE. Find the dude with the open wallet, and Nish will be right next to him pretending he's the most amazing man she's ever met before. :D

Michelle -- Wow, forget locking doors you need to take your shoe off and smack her up a few times with it. Put the fear into her and she'll never cross that boundary again. How freakin' rude! What kind of adult woman snoops around in other peoples things? Seriously...

Becky -- UGH! GAG! There is only one ho who is bad enough to work the cameltoe and that is Coco. All the rest are a farce. Especially in plaid shorts? You should have told her she needed to feed that thing so it wouldn't gnaw her trousers. I think when the economy picks up, i'm going to start a national corporation whose sole purpose is to have people standing at multiple locations observing the public and letting individuals know when they look tore up.

Ashlan -- LoL. My sharpshooting butt got a carry and conceal permit too. I got a new 9mm Beretta mini Cougar and a garter holster so I can pack heat even in a skirt. I'm like Lara Croft. lmfao. It's the tiniest little thing, it's so cute! My main dame is a Beretta Storm .45, so it's a big difference. LoL. Going from a .45 to a 9 feels like firing a bb gun.

Nothing new here other than the tennis court behind my apartment is being torn up, and HOPEFULLY the landlord is planning on putting a pool there. We've been begging him to put one in since they dug up the old pool over here and sold the land it was on.

Taylor86
05-13-2009, 03:16 PM
beaka I agree with Nish - looking like **** is totally okay at the gym. I have no idea how some of these women do it. All...ALL of their makeup on - hair perfect - no sweat and reading a magazine on the elliptical. So here I am with my lopsided pony tail - zero make up - sweat to under my boobies - and yes picking my wedgie. Work it, girl.

lissa9501
05-13-2009, 04:17 PM
i skipped the gym yesterday i cut my foot on one of my kids toys and i cant put pressure on that spot yet
stupid me hopefully tomorrow i can put my foot down right

stellarosa27
05-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Haha, Taylor, you just described in in spin class.

stellarosa27
05-13-2009, 05:18 PM
One of my best friends in the whole world lives in velour track suits when she's not working/going out. But she's in shape and she wears them classily. I must admit I have one, but I don't wear it out of my house, its all for comfort.

Today kind of sucked. It started off promising with a GREAT work out - and then went downhill. We're supposed to be testing all these webforms, but the system keeps timing out/crashing and its SOOOO frustrating. I'm going to see Star Trek with the guys tonight and I said I'd stay at work late to do this - the theatre is right across the street- but I'm so mad that its not working. I'm going to use this time to catch up on my audit reports, but oh so frustrating. Everything I've tried to do this afternoon has turned into a ridiculous hassle and I'm sick of it. I want to sit her and fudge around for the next hour and a half, but I have too good of a work ethic :(

This movie better be worth it.

HeatherMcG
05-13-2009, 06:15 PM
Nish: HA! Girl, you make my day. I hope I have the balls to tan topless someday like you! I seriously believe that we could be bff in real life. I have never talked to someone so open and candid like you! Keep it up. You keep me laughing daily! :)

Cake- Thanks a bunch. I know. Just the doubt settling in.

Beaka- What is it about a steady man that makes women think their appearance no longer matters? I mean sheesh. I'm sure he liked you for other things than your bod, but if you don't give him something to look at his eyes will roam elsewhere. Right? I mean if you are a hot momma and his eyes are drifting than that is face smacking ground. But if you dont have anything to look at can you blame him? I think not. My man, his eyes don't stray. I told him he needs to remember my rockin bod BEFORE I got sick. And I tell him almost daily I'll be back there soon! ]

Oh ladies. What a day, what a day. Didn't enjoy being back to work. A girl could get used to playing hookie real fast. lol House is coming along well. It won't be long now!! Much love to you all!

NishKitten
05-13-2009, 07:43 PM
One of my best friends in the whole world lives in velour track suits when she's not working/going out. But she's in shape and she wears them classily. I must admit I have one, but I don't wear it out of my house, its all for comfort.

You know that little voice you hear when you're putting that sweatsuit on... The one in your head that pleads with you to stop what your doing and sounds like it's in pain?

That's your soul trying desperately to keep you from making that tragic mistake over and over again. LoL. :p

I've seen them sported somewhat decently on some people, but they look like pajamas and are best worn where you would wear pajamas -- HOME. Like it really takes that much longer to put on a real pair of pants and a shirt instead of some raggedy polyester jumpsuit. Warn your friend that she is on a dangerous path to soccer mom-dom if she doesn't stop. Intervention!

Heather -- HAHAHA! We would so be bff's! I think my personality is less jarring over the internet, but you are quite right. If it's on my mind I say it. If you ask me, I will answer truthfully. Real BFF quote: "I never have to worry about offending anyone because if anyone in the room is thinking it, you will be the one to say it out loud."

Iconised Ghost
05-13-2009, 10:41 PM
ok girls, i had an awesome work out today :carrot: ive eaten great :carrot: and now im about to stuff my cat in a box and go to the vet :lol: see you all later!

blissclaire
05-13-2009, 11:23 PM
Ladies,

I have missed all of you immensely! The past few weeks have been insane! I had two 15 page research papers to turn in, am on the hunt for a new job, and have been slightly ill over the last few days. I haven't been to a WW meeting in a few weeks now, but am doing pretty well despite the fact that I'm not really tracking. I think that if I do get back in the habit of tracking that I will do better with my eating, and have implemented that again this week.

I've been having a lot of female problems again... My idiot of a gyno has had me on the same BC for the last two years, but in the past 6 months or so, I've had about 10-12 periods... Not fun at all. I went yesterday to the doc, and she said that it was normal. Hmm... It just confuses me that the whole point of the BC was to regulate me, but it's getting worse than it was pre-BC? Darn the Yaz.

Anywho, I am going to get my butt back in the gym this week. I HAVE TO. There is no reason that in almost two months, I could already be in Onederland. Good News though... I've consistantly weighed right at/around 206, so with some much needed gym time, I can get there!!

I miss you all and hope to get on here a bit more regularly! Take care, and let's kick some butt this week!

Iconised Ghost
05-13-2009, 11:34 PM
oh my god, ive just realised something. I drink tea at my laptop and have a gingernut with it (30 cal, and you cant have tea without biscuits!). Thing is, I cant type while i drink tea, but if i put my cup of tea down i instantly start craving more biscuits! its a nightmare :dizzy:

Bliss, that sounds horrendous! Time for a new gyno?

NishKitten
05-14-2009, 12:16 AM
Bliss -- Be careful with Yaz. When I had my paragard put in my gyno was not at all surprised at my side-effects horror stories about it.

So far four of my friends that were taking it have had to stop due to *extremely* high blood pressure, funky periods, and weird pre-diabetic symptoms. There are some really not okay things going on with that pill in general. I'm surprised you're not insane after being on it that long. I nearly had to take a 'vacation' to the institution after 7 months on those things, I was not well in the brain. :(

stellarosa27
05-14-2009, 09:29 AM
I've seen them sported somewhat decently on some people, but they look like pajamas and are best worn where you would wear pajamas -- HOME. Like it really takes that much longer to put on a real pair of pants and a shirt instead of some raggedy polyester jumpsuit. Warn your friend that she is on a dangerous path to soccer mom-dom if she doesn't stop. Intervention!

LOL she would DIE if someone ever referred to her as a soccer mom. She's more the Elle Woods legally-blonde (except a brunette and not that flighty) type. She just considers StarBucks home. I don't think I've ever worn it outside - just on cold days when I'm snowed in or something.

Bliss - My sister had HORRID side effects from Yaz - she was getting very frequent periods, etc. See if they'll switch you to something else...

I'm going to let my inner-dork show through (I'm proud of it) - I went to see Star Trek last night and it was AMAZING. I'm super-excited to take my dad this weekend. I'm also thinking of getting a massage tomorrow night. My body is just so tired and sore from working out. I'm going to do some heavy-duty yard work with my dad on Saturday, so I'd rather get rid of some of that soreness before I have to carry lawn furniture and put together a pool filter. I'm really psyched about going home to NJ this weekend. Only 36 more hours!!!

Taylor86
05-14-2009, 11:48 AM
I am going to hand in my last paper this afternoon! SO EXCITED TO DO IT THAT!

Finals have KILLED me this semester, however, unlike last semester I ate well and still got my workouts in!

My trainer is taking me to Red Rocks next thursday (all you colorado people know what that is)...red rocks is a theater literally placed in the side of the mountain and the seats are just huge rows of stairs and she is going to take me *running* up them and have me doing push ups etc. I am really excited for it!

I see her today, too. I have been to her gym the last three days for more of a selection. I get tired of staring at the same place in the brick wall of my apartments gym - and there are way more machines at my trainers gym. I think she has been proud to see me there - plus it motivates me to work harder knowing she is around.

I love you girls - I am so sorry I haven't done personals but I have been reading.

Thank you for supporting me while I go through finals and become (drum roll please) A SENIOR! Friggin finally. And not that that means I will graduate next year but at least I am a senior. Woo frickin' hoo. 'bout time.

*NSV* I have had three people tell me at school that I look like I am loosing weight. That felts sooo good.

But has anyone ever noticed people treat you differently? Like - they don't know what to say to you because you were always the "bigger girl"..Like these two other girls I know in my department are bigger and we use to be the three biggest girls together - but I am getting to the point where I am not anymore -- and I saw them the other day and they treated me differently. Not that I can't handle it - because I can - but it makes me feel out of place for awhile.

*love you all*

Bee20nine
05-14-2009, 12:01 PM
Good Morning Girls,

Taylor: Hurray your done!!!! Nothing is better than that breath you take after you leave your last final and realize your done. Your Red Rocks visit sounds like "fun" LoL

Stella: Better than me with the yard work. I think living in a condo or townhouse is for me, the house with a yard crap is way overrated.

Nish: My sister was on yaz for about a month, she was doing ok until she had to keep refilling the damn thing every 30 days. Yaz is not cheap even with good insurance.

Me Time!

I am soo looking forward to this weekend. I am getting my nails filled and a pedicure oooh yummy so excited. I am currently working my tail off at work my accounts are still all shot to ****. I have 35 reconciliations due by next wed, its going to be a tough few days. On lighter news, I lost 2.2 lbs this week by eating ice cream and being fat LOL. I have underestimated the power of water, I started drinking it again in serious quantities and it seems to be helping alot. I try to get at least 1 big Smart Water bottle drank every day (oh yes I refill those puppies too). They are too damn expensive just to throw away. Well time for me to go and visit the little girls room, my water drinking is catching up with me LOL.

Taylor86
05-14-2009, 12:46 PM
Bee I understand about peeing a lot. i SWEAR in the bathroom more than anyone I know. With my double fiber bread and my water.....geeze. When I buy a house I want the bathroom to be the best room.

miss shelly84
05-14-2009, 01:12 PM
Hey guys!

I just joined the forum yesterday, and decided to come here. Am I the only one with my nose in multiple forums or am I allowed to do that? Anyhoo, trying them all out to see which ones fit me.

Been following most of the conversations, and I have the following to say:

1) I think I agree with the general consensus here that the velour track suits= very no. I remember wearing those in the early 90s in grade school, and I think they should remain there, along with the bad hair and the perms. :)

2) Congrats to you guys finishing school, whether you're graduating or finishing finals.

3) Icon- Hope your cat feels better. I will have to take my kitty to the vet as well... he has a spot under his neck; I think a bug must have bitten him or something. :(

So, my week... graduated and my family came in from Missouri, found out that I will be packing up and moving to St Louis on August 1st-ish. (I am going up there to return to college... not for grad school, but for dual BS degrees, in Biology and Psychology. I looked into jobs for medical technical writers, but you need a life sciences degree at the BS level for most of these places, so I decided to go back to school and get one. Only 3 years to go. lol)

Also decided that I would try to lose weight before I started school there, so I could get into healthy eating patterns before I go through all this anxiety again, of being in a new place and a new school. (And not being engaged anymore... but that's a whole different story.)

I also started working as a full-time employee at a non-profit org here in TN. The pay is minuscule for a college grad, but it will at least pay for yoga classes, and other things I need to fund in the future, which makes me very happy indeed. :)

I look forward to chatting with all of you, you sound like cool folks. Talk to you soon!

Michelle

stellarosa27
05-14-2009, 03:22 PM
Welcome Michelle! These boards have been extremely helpful to me so far - these girls are great!

So yeah, I just had this training call and I feel like I got the crap kicked out of me. A little background - I work with hospitals around the country who do bone marrow transplant research. When we have a new study, we have to train the docs, so today I had a conference call. Usually I have one of the study chairs on the call with me, but he just had surgery so couldn't make it. Anyway - we're training on this "newer" method of transplant - so I'm on this call, doing my spiel and the doctor is asking me these HARD medical questions. I'm not an idiot and I've done about 20 of these calls, but I'm like um, I have to get back to you. Turns out this is the guy who INVENTED the newer method of transplant and I just made a complete fool of myself. I just typed up an email to the study chairs and was like well, I hope I re-stated all of his questions correctly. I hate feeling stupid! Sometimes they just ask us questions and its like okay, there is no MD at the end of my name...if there were, I would NOT be on the phone having this conversation with you.

4:45 can NOT come soon enough. I'm going to watch my DVRed episode of the Real Housewives of NJ, make dinner, then watch the hockey game. I cannot wait for tomorrow at 5pm.

Taylor86
05-14-2009, 03:28 PM
I just got back from my trainer and I worked out for an hour and 1/2

And I dropped an inch and half in my waist and 1/2 in my hips. Heck. Yes.

I am going to drop off my paper and then walk to the park with my boyfriend and work on our cast with our fly rods.

DanSinDeva
05-14-2009, 04:49 PM
Michelle :welcome: WE are freaking cool folks! haha, we have fun! Good luck losing weight and getting healthy habits before round 2 of school!

Taylor - You are the SHIZNIT! I swear girl you are working so hard, i'm jealous! Go get it girl! Good Job getting your paper done! Thank goodness its over! I can't wait until i can see the finish line!

Stella - Don't feel dumb, why was he asking you questions if he invented it! But AMEN tomorrow after work can not come soon enough! So sorry the capitols lost, are you goign to root for the penguins now? I'm so pretending i know about hockey, but i'm catching on! haha!

Dude so on monday night i must have slept wrong because my gosh dang neck is MESSED up! I can't wait for it to go away. Missed the gym yesterday because BF forgot his socks, but oh well i'm in pain anyway, i pushed myself to hard this week which i know better cause I've been MIA from the gym for almost 2 weeks now! OH well, we're going today, and tomorrow is our date night since it was the BFs b-day last sunday and i didn't get to take him out! SUSHI SUSHI! YAY! have a good thursday ladies :grouphug:

DanSinDeva
05-14-2009, 04:51 PM
OH yeah, and NISH, i read your response to me and couldn't help but picture you next to the guy with the open wallet! That's hilarious!! You are so funny, I swear I was like you just a couple of years ago!

OH and I work in SCOTTSDALE and everyone here sports the velour with bebe on their butt,its terrible, even if they are smoking hot! Stupid fake barbies! hahaha!

stellarosa27
05-14-2009, 06:07 PM
Oh, I *wanted* the Caps to lose. My team is the NJ Devils. I was quite happy the Penguins won, and I'm even wearing penguin earrings today just to goad the DCites.

Taylor86
05-14-2009, 08:02 PM
I am going to enjoy three beers tonight. And only three cause that's half of what the boy and I bought.

Each are 99 calories and I am going to enjoy it. I worked out for an hour and 1/2 and was being active for at least an hour in the park..

The boy wanted to grill steaks...I opted for organic chicken breast, broccoli and brown rice so I am gonna drink those beers!

Plus - it is my gift to myself for a successful semester.

Tomorrow I am going to the gym for 40 minutes of cardio and then the boy and I are going on a hike.

Yay summer activities!

miss shelly84
05-14-2009, 09:10 PM
Good news guys,

I finally went to yoga class after almost a month of not being there. I have to say that it was a good workout, especially since I haven't been in forever. I was sweating a good bit, but nonetheless thinking how happy I was to be there. I had really missed it. :)

I am going on a date tomorrow... a male friend of mine and I are going to see Star Trek. I have a way of staving off movie-food cravings...I have a large purse so I usually put something in there from home like a fruit and nut bar or something that's easily portable. Movie food is definitely not healthy for wallet or my waistline so I can't really justify doing anything other than the aforementioned. As for my date understanding the vegan thing... I don't know, he seems like a tolerant enough guy. But I'll definitely let ya'll know tomorrow after the date! : )

Michelle

HeatherMcG
05-14-2009, 09:40 PM
Hello my fellow ladies!

I hope everyone is well! Today was field day at my school. The kids thought I was INSANE for doing obstacle courses, dizzy bat race, 50 meter dash, etc with them. Guess I'm not your typical teacher. I was actually racing my kids..... and losing.... but that doesn't really matter. We had an awesome time. I even beat one of my skinny teacher friends in a race! Ha take that !!!!!! :lol: Okay, so maybe my kids are right, maybe I am a little insane??!? :dizzy: I think that might be a WHOLE different topic.

Bliss: I had bad news with Yaz. Made me crazy! I cried almost nonstop and could flip out and bite your head off in the next breath. I had 0 sex drive and I continually piled on the pounds. I don't care what anyone says. I know body and I know that stuff was bad news!

Welcome miss shelly!
:carrot: Here's to Friday! Go out and kick some boo-tay! :carrot:

leighish
05-14-2009, 11:28 PM
Hi ladies! Tonight we had 12 people over for bbq and everybody brought dessert and we all pigged out. The important thing is, I had a GREAT time. I feel sick and am fighting the urge to purge (the good news is, I'll win this fight hands down) but tomorrow is another day.

luvja
05-15-2009, 01:27 AM
Hi ladies. It's nearly 1:30am, and here I am on 3FC. I cannot sleep. I have been tossing and turning for like 2 hours. Errrrr. Darn coffee!
I stayed this whole week OP. Even walked about 4 times. I feel wonderful. Still upset about having to resign from WW, but crap happens. I will not give up.

leighish - The important thing is, you had a good time. We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time ;) P.S. I seen your new Facebook picture, I can't believe how tiny you are getting!

miss shelly - :wel3fc:

Heather - I've been looking at the new house progress on Facebook. Wow! I'm excited for you! You're so lucky, but I'm sure you know that :D

HELLO to the rest of the ladies. :hug:
It's a long weekend here. Woo Hoo :yay:
I guess I should TRY to go back to bed. Ugh. Good night.

Iconised Ghost
05-15-2009, 06:36 AM
welcome michelle! Hope your kitty is ok, luckily here i dont have to worry too much about spider bites and the like, which is good because my kitten gets into enough trouble as it is! She looks like shes back to normal now which is great :D

beaka
05-15-2009, 07:59 AM
Hey, everybody! It's early and I should be getting ready to go to work, but I just got on the scale and it says 220.4. I've been on plan so far this week and I'm so freakin happy. I'm not recording my weight until Monday. Me going into the 210s?!?!?! Seriously?!?!?! But for real... every WI being your smallest adult weight is like a high that keeps me going. :)

Sorry no personals, but I love you all. You keep me motivated. :hug:

Have a great day! And weekend too!

miss shelly84
05-15-2009, 09:08 AM
Luvja- Thanks! I feel at home already. :)

Icon- Glad your kitty is doing better. As for mine, I think it was a spider that bit him, and probably not a venomous one as he seems fine except for occasionally scratching his neck. I'm sure he'll be okay.

DanSin- Thanks! I agree, ya'll are awesome. :)

As for me, have gone one whole day successfully on-program (OP?), and for some reason feel accomplished at doing so. I had forgotten how hard it can be sometimes... but I love having people around that know what I'm going through. So thanks ya'll... :hug:'

My date is this evening! I am excited, since I haven't seen him for awhile. Wish me luck! :)

Michelle

Bee20nine
05-15-2009, 10:09 AM
Morning Girls!

Working hard at work. Today is R&R day, rewards and recognition and all day they are giving away free stuff like good free stuff not just company issue shirts and crap. It is really nice to work for a company that actually cares about their employees. Doing good food wise too. I am not participating in the petros lunch that work is providing I would rather have a monster salad, turkey sandwhich, and mini bag of popcorn for probably somewhere around the same calories.

Yall have a good day!

Oh and NSV:

My bf sent me a pic he had of me on his phone from about a year ago this morning. I txtd back and said jeez not so flattering ay? It was bad cell phone pic (you know those pics), I had my hair up and it looked dirty etc. He said honey you have lost alot weight I am so proud of you!. I got the warm fuzzies all over LOL. Amazing what just about 40lbs will do for you. Here is to the remaining 115. Oh and of course I thanked him, and he is probably going to get some extra TLC when I see him next.

luvja
05-15-2009, 11:18 AM
Shelly - Have fun on your date! Let us know how it goes! :)

Bee - Awwww. What a sweetie. He DOES deserve some extra TLC ;)

Beaka - HI :D

So, since I no longer can attend weight watchers, I am forced to weigh at home. WHICH I AM NOT HAPPY ABOUT!!!!! :mad: My home scale was always different than the scale at WW (which is the weight I went by) :(
My home scale is a good scale, not a cheap one. It's WW brand, but for some reason it was always 1-4 lbs different than the scale at WW. Which totally sucks.
Happy May two-four Canadians!!!!!!! Enjoy the long weekend eh! :yay: :celebrate:

Taylor86
05-15-2009, 11:45 AM
WOoo I am gonna get double workout today!

I am going to do some cardio today but no weights (because I lifted weights for an hour yesterday) and then the BF and I are going on an afternoon hike!

I am gonna make sure to get some of the 10 calorie vitamin water so my electrolytes and all that stuff stay in check!

Have a good day girls

Blcarter84
05-15-2009, 11:50 AM
Good morning! I have been doing very well eating wise...not so much sticking to no carbs BUT eating super healthy so we shall see how this goes. I also have been working out every day and about to do my hour of Tae bo here so that I can get all showered up and run around and do errands today.

I have been seeing this guy and he is absolutely AMAZING! I just want to be around him all the time(which is soo not like me) we talk or text 24/7 , not joking. He feels the same way which is sooo awesome. Its pretty much one of those moments that you just "KNOW" it is right for you to be together. I dont know how to explain it other then I have never felt this way before even though I have been in love. anyways I'll shut up about it for now....just happy.

Luvja- Hope you have a great long weekend:)

Bee- And yes that was very sweet of him! But you deserve it for how hard you have worked to get where you are.

Michelle- YAY for the date tonight! I really want to go out and do something with my new hunny but not sure if he would want to.

CakeBatter
05-15-2009, 12:33 PM
Update. Race for tomorrow is cancelled due thunderstorms. BF took me on date yesterday (movie and dinner) it was really fun because I had on this white flowy skirt ( I was HOTT might I add) and he kept groping since we were the only ones in there. I lost 3.8 pounds this week. Check out my ticker. I am a size in most stores (been trying on clothes) and I am the smallest I have ever been IN MY LIFE. WHen I great shape my average was about 188-191. I feel awesome guys....I really do. Oh and I am up to 16 pushups straight!....HOLLA! I am posting new pics of myself if ya'll don't mind. XOXOXOXOXO

luvja
05-15-2009, 03:59 PM
Ashlan - Post the new pictures!!! And CONGRATS for being the smallest you have ever been :) That's FANTASTIC!!

blcarter - :love: That is so great, you deserve a good man :love:

miss shelly84
05-15-2009, 04:15 PM
Hi guys,

I have dressed up for my date already--have some things to take care of beforehand. Is it a bad thing to say I feel cute even though I probably haven't lost any weight yet? Well, I will risk it anyhoo... I feel HOT! It's nice to be in makeup and fancy dress again. (Not to be confused with the British version of "fancy dress"... though that would be really funny. :D)

I am finally buying a new scale for my house... I might need you guys for consolation when I blow this one... especially since my starting weight is kind of an approximation. :P

Anyhoo, wish me luck!!!

M

lissa9501
05-15-2009, 05:18 PM
i stepped on my scale today..dont know why i'm just trying to make sure i dont go higher this weekend and something possessed me and to the buttnekked tune of 189...now if i can get that weight on sunday i'd be really happy

miss shelly84
05-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Good job, and best of luck over the weekend!

My scale endeavors didn't go so well... posted my rant du jour on the main board if you want to read. I am feeling better though, that I have someone to rant TO, at least, rather than heading for the fridge.

I am going to attempt to find some exercise classes here in town that are free, just so I'm off my butt for a little while longer during the day and not being so stationary. I am stationary enough at work, and I believe that is my downfall...

Date in three hours, counting down the minutes ever-excitedly... :)

lissa9501
05-15-2009, 05:49 PM
miss shelly confidence is hte key if you feel like hot stuff you are hot stuff

i cant say much my self confidence is shot to **** thats why i started back on the weightloss journey having put 20 pounds back on in 6 months where i had finally gotten to a happy point was a heartbreaker for me and right now i have on a different pair of jean and i am not dying in them(mid rise jeans that i havent been able to wear since i bought them and i dont have them unbuttoned just to relax on the couch)

aneleh
05-15-2009, 09:29 PM
oh my, i probably shouldnt be posting but I had a great night and 4 drinks later i am drunk enough. It's nice being a cheap drunk but it also sucks!! So yea, I hung out with my neighbours today and they're all so fun. :) Other thatn that, I went to the gym today and ate well (ya know, except for the booze and the food following that..). I will come back tommorow for personals! It's a long weekenf after all.

Iconised Ghost
05-15-2009, 10:17 PM
Lol! I was just reading on the net how to break weight loss plateaus and this one site says you should:

* Take a holiday
* Go to bed earlier
* Get up later
* Go camping
* Go bushwalking
* Try different sex

Im going to take a bushwalking camping holiday late tomorrow morning after going to be early after having some "different sex" :lol:

Taylor86
05-15-2009, 10:38 PM
Icon - You're the best! OMFG! That is so funny.

Taylor86
05-15-2009, 10:39 PM
wait wait - all while drinking more or less water.

Iconised Ghost
05-15-2009, 10:41 PM
yes! but since you have to follow all advice at the same time you have to drink more and less water at the same time! OMG PARADOX NO WONDER I'M ON A PLATEAU

beaka
05-15-2009, 11:52 PM
You could incorporate water tricks into your "different sex." And what kinda sex is "different" anyway?

I just got in from a date. He was so weird. There were long awkward pauses. I'm glad it's over. :p

Aneleh: I'm glad you're meeting people and having fun!

Shelly: Hope your date was better than mine!

Luvja: Heeeeeeeeeeeeey!!! :)

Bee20nine
05-16-2009, 12:01 AM
Hey girlies!

Just stoppin' in before parkin' it in bed for the night. Hope everyone had a good evening. I something very LOL worthy. I was on facebook tonight I tested out my facebook in pirate english, I haven't stopped laughing. It says stuff like:

Inbox = Bottle o Messages
Events: Grog Fests

I think it will keep it for awhile but it will probably get old soon, however its very Pirates of the Caribbean esque.....mmmmm Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom

miss shelly84
05-16-2009, 12:17 AM
Greetings all,

My date was fun... we had fun heckling the screen and generally acting like nerdy Trekkies. The only bad thing is that he's really not interested in a second date... the fact that I'm moving soon kinda does grind to a halt any hopes of a long-term relationship. Aaand... some random panhandler managed to con my date out of $10... fortunately, he didn't give up anymore then that and we managed not to get shot. I gave him a stern talking-to after that, that you don't DO that sort of thing in Memphis. (But what can I say, he's from a nice Cincinnati suburb AND is four years younger than me. We all have to learn the hard way. lol)

But yeah, I got some fruit at the movie theatre that came with a few cubes of cheese, and I did end up eating them. :( I will get back on program tomorrow. But other than the few cubes of cheese, I managed to stay to my diet pretty well, and found an all-natural vegan box dinner that I just LOVED. (Ethnic Gourmet Vegetable Korma... SO good.)

I have found an exercise center that amuses me highly that I figure I may try out before I leave Memphis. They have, erhm, "special" dancing classes that involve high-heeled shoes. In the less risque department, I also found another dancing class called Zumba, which I hear is supposed to be very good for losing weight.

Anyway, I'm headed to bed. Good night all.

M

Iconised Ghost
05-16-2009, 01:59 AM
Bee: Lol a friend of mine actually got their facebook stuck in pirate! I dont think they've managed to change it back yet :lol:

Beaka: Sex on a water bed maybe then? Lol i dunno, if you have crazy sex you should try something really boring?

Miss shelly Whats a panhandler? OMG ethnic gourmet vegetable korma sounds so good! I love vegetables :D Risque dancing sounds interesting

As for me, I was at the gym today and we have a big cardio theatre where everyone on treadmills, bikes, cross trainers face a huge projection of music videos, and spotted around the rest of the gym are smaller TVs playing the same thing. And today everyone got rick rolled! OMG i really hope someone did that on purpose, that would be awesome :lol:

CakeBatter
05-16-2009, 09:30 AM
MissShelly - I don’t think I have had to chance to say WELCOME!!!! So WELCOME!!!!! LOL. I really love this site and especially this thread. They are like a little online family. It great you had fun on your date. And who cares if you lost weight yet or not…like LISA said it all has to do with attitude, SO dress up and put on make-up for no reason every once in a while. Your demeanor will change for the greater good. WTG one day OP. IT is nice to have to people around that share the feelings.

Beaka and Icon – That is a lot to go through for WL. But then again if it said run through the streets with cheese on my head …I would

Bee – That seems like a great company you work for. And yay for sweet, observant BFs. 40 pounds does make a difference

Luvja – That is how it is with my scale as well. It was different by a couple pounds But I would WI at the gym and then at WW so I could figure out the difference and can go from there. How has is been going so far with doing it at home? You know you still have us for accountability and of course those numbers on the scale. Have you been able to keep walking. What is two-four? Oh I am gonna post my pics in next weeks thread…so tomorrow or Monday!

Becky – WTG on eating right. You are doing great and really awesome keeping up with your workouts. Did you go out last night?

Analeh – SO happy you had a great night. Seems like you are really getting the hang of things around there.

Lisa9501- I hope your weekend goes well. Great WI yesterday!

Nisha – Isn’t YAZ the one that a whole commercial made up of a disclaimer and what not? Glad I didn’t encounter that one!

Leighish – I know I am late….but I am glad you good time. And since yesterday was a new day for you….what did you do with it?

Dansin – aww honey sorry about your neck! Yay for sushi! I L-O-V-E sushi. I have missed you little lady.

Well girls I have sort of been MIA this week and kind of last but I am still working out (of course, did you think I wasn’t…LOL) and eating beautifully. The only thing getting on my nerves now is people asking how I lost ALL THIS WEIGHT SO FAST. And oh you do eat a lot of weird stuff. I am like first of all you dumb f*** I have been losing weight since last August and I have been working my arse off the whole time. And I don’t eat weird shyt. I am eat nutritionally balanced foods and I don’t eat a damn thing I don’t like so back the f*** off!:D

It is like it wouldn’t piss me off so bad if when I told them I just eat right and exercise they weren’t looking at me in disbelief. Whatever stay fat, I don’t give a damn, just know there WILL NOT be a magic lose flabby fat and bat wings pills, because I looked and spents lots of money and even tried to invent one! NO MOFO they don’t exsist!.:D

Reality Check : I still can’t believe I weigh 175 wearing a size 10.:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

miss shelly84
05-16-2009, 10:18 AM
Good morning all!

Icon- A panhandler is a homeless person requesting money. Around here you're advised NOT to deal with them or give them money, because they may steal the rest of your wallet, not to mention the car or your life. I know it's a bit of a stereotype, but I'd rather be safe and not deal with a million safe panhandlers than find the one that'll hurt me or my date.

As for the dancing classes, yup they have them in the states, just that the ones around here are very expensive. (Though their website has very awesome and cheap high heeled shoes... there's an upside to everything.) The studio I found does pole dancing classes as well as zumba and yoga, but it's like $20 a session... twice what I'm paying now for yoga classes. It's just something I'd like to try once now that I don't have to play minister's wife anymore. :)

Cake- Thanks! And I appreciate the words of encouragement, I felt like a goddess last night in my nice clothes. :)

As for me, I must've done something funky with the scale the other day cause I weighed in this morning at around 229.5 which is GREAT cause I haven't been down that low in awhile. (Though I do find it spurious that it has fluctuated that much in a few days... but I DID weigh in the afternoon last time, and with clothes on, so that may have something to do with it. I dunno.)

But nevertheless I'm celebrating, cause I haven't been in the 220s for quite awhile. :carrot:

Will be back soon, no doubt.

M

beaka
05-16-2009, 10:30 AM
Shelly: I'm with you on the panhandlers. I can't risk my life. I have given food to people before.

Cake: Um... who still hasn't added me on Facebook? YOU. You know I miss you when you're not on often! I'm PMing you my government name. :) People really are stupid about weight loss. Some of my friends have labeled me "obsessive" with the food tracking and exercise. F them. Look at what not planning get you.. a fat A$$!!!

As for me... I just ate breakfast and am going to the gym to do Turbo Kick. Then some time in the jacuzzi and steam room. Working out with the trainer's still good. She's taking our measurements again next week, so I can see if I've made progress. I'm starting to realize she's got a lot of weight issues of her own still. We talk more and she told me her husband left her because she gained weight. She's still trying to lose her last 10 pounds. It's kinda sad, but in a way it makes me feel kinda more connected with her because she has issues too.

Chele615
05-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Haha...with regards to the different things to do to bust through a plateau, how do you choose whether to drink more water or less water?

Speaking of plateaus....I managed to lose weight this week ;) Granted, it was only 0.6 pounds, but after the past month, I'll take whatever I can get!! haha

aneleh
05-16-2009, 04:25 PM
beaka- thanks! lol at long akward pauses, definately been there. There must be a TON of pressure on personal trainers to be perfect, I can just imagine. But nobody is!

Bee- Pirate english eh? It sounds fun, I gotta try that!

miss_shelly- Zumba looks sooo fun! Very high energy. I'd love to try a class.

cake- nobody wants to believe they actually have to WORK to have what they want and won't just get it handed to them. You're doing a great job and looking hot and they're still looking for the magic pill! And holy crap, size 10, wtg!

I'm just chilling in my house while it's pouring rain outside, it's so nice to be dry! I went grocery shopping earlier and am trying to buy most things on sale, and I'm doing better at that. When I went to the store it was warm and nice out and when I was leaving it was raining! Makes for a nice walk home lol. But I had an umbrella and my own shopping cart so it wasnt too bad. Hopefully in a couple weeks I can buy some baking supplies and be making my own muffins for some extra variety.
As for my blog, if you want to check it out it's http://circusdreams.wordpress.com
but I'm warning you I treat it like my journal, so it's not something special! You'll be the first people to see it.

miss shelly84
05-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Back for more! :)

Yup, I'm just chilling myself, not rainy here yet but the sky looks rather ominous. I just cooked some organic black beans (refried) in the microwave and I'm about to put them in a romaine leaf with some rice cheese and make me a lettuce wrap, which I'm looking forward to immensely. I figure I'll put a movie in afterward and watch that... it's kind of a non-productive day for me. (Well, except for the mile I walked this morning. That felt awesome! :) )

I guess I will go walking more often, since I now have time in the mornings and don't have to be in at work so early. It's just a matter of getting up early enough to do so. :)

Going to go eat lunch now, then... my stomach is wishing to be appeased. ;)

M

Iconised Ghost
05-16-2009, 08:50 PM
oh i see, here its not so bad I dont think, i doubt they'd actually kill for your money, they tend to keep pestering you though. I dont like giving money to them, since you dont know what theyre going to be buying with it, but i have been tempted to get the subway or something :D