South Beach Diet - Mother's Day Weekend Warbling

View Full Version : Mother's Day Weekend Warbling

CyndiM
05-09-2009, 05:45 AM
Of course warbling can be sounds from a bird or an activity popular with crazy birders ;)

Good morning Chicks! The coffee is ready so grab a cup and say hello before starting your day.

I'm off to a gardening workshop this morning. It's the second part of our workshop for child care programs and it looks like we have a good group of new gardeners. this morning is practical and fun. They will even learn about vermi-composting (kids love worms!). After that it's grocery shopping then home to finish up weekend chores.

What's on your agenda this Mother's Day weekend?

Ruthxxx
05-09-2009, 06:06 AM
Warbling back at The Bird Woman of Vermont! :lol: Thanks for the coffee.

I'm of to the Hall in a bit to crank up the Garden Club plant sale. I get to be Garden Guru so need to lug along some reference books as well as my coffee. Next Saturday I get to do the same thing again with the Church plant sale which is also a bake sale. Sometimes I think I should just write a cheque instead.

My house is grubby and untidy. I miss Donna's weekly visits which get me to tidy things before she comes. I will tackle it this afternoon after the sale as I'll start getting weekend company now that cottage season is approaching. My cousins all have cell phones but still just drop in.

Jazz did another puddle last night. Good thing he's cute! :mad:

On with the weekend! :cheer:

Lexxiss
05-09-2009, 06:27 AM
Good Morning, Cyndi:sunny:
Thanks for the coffee!:coffee2: Thanks for having a great place for me to stop in every morning before I start my day. Have a great time at your gardening workshop. Say hi to the worms. I have been vermicomposting for years. I just cleaned out my bin yesterday, and am taking the compost to Glenwood Springs.(GWS)

A little history, first, this morning. I was born in Colorado, but spent 23 of my 51 years in Homer, Alaska. Hubby and I moved back down in 2003 to be near my Mom, who will be 88 this summer. Things weren't jiving for us in the small town, where she lives,ISPGS, but we still have a house 1 block from hers. We spend most of our time 130 miles away, in a little pad we purchased in 2005. In GWS we have a great garden, lots of friends, and wonderful groups where we volunteer. Some weeks are driving weeks. This is one of them.

Today...We are driving over to GWS for our neighbors memorial service. We will be back tonight so we can be here in the morning for Mothers Day. I'm working on entering geneology info onto a website, so I think I'll take some papers and organize in the car. We could spend the night, but this way the dogs can stay home. Its easier on everyone and the kitty will come back with us.

I had a clean P1 day yesterday. Today, I will remain vigilant amidst a ton of food and have hope that I can add up enough "todays" to make a difference in my life. I am tired of living a life which is "constricted" by my weight.

I look forward to hearing what you all are up to...and happy warbling!
Debbie

cottagebythesea
05-09-2009, 06:57 AM
I'm joining you all for a quick cup of coffee before this busy day gets started. :coffee:

We're off to breakfast and then going to the garden center to get our tomato plants, herbs, annuals and a few new perrenials. The rest of the day will be spent planting my new babies. :) We plan to put the screens in the storm doors today, too. But no work, it's all fun stuff!

Lexxiss
05-09-2009, 08:06 AM
Good Morning Ruth and Cottage. It sounds like a gardening day. It's too early here to put my plants in, but I think I'll get my Sunflowers seeded.

Debbie R.

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." -Maria Robinson

Chelby29
05-09-2009, 08:20 AM
Happy Weekend! :)

Cyndi, Have fun watching the birds!

Ruth, When you are retired or a SAHM, people assume you sit around eating bonbons and watching Oprah all day long. NOT!

Lexxiss, I lived in Montrose and Delta, Colorado when I was a little girl. Great memories of snow! You have a great attitude about 'todays'. I'm going to adopt that attitude.

Cottage, Have fun planting! I already have basil, flat leaf parsley and thyme. Herbs are my favorite! I need impatients in my flowerbed.

Me: I have been saying for two weeks that Auston needs a haircut. Today, it's going to happen -- really! He's looking pretty shaggy. Got to do some inside chores, then I'm going outside! I need to go shopping for a couple new outfits for work, but I hate shopping, and I don't want to take more time away from the family. I told DH that I love having my own money, but I don't have any time to spend it! What a dilemma. :)

I hope everyone has a happy Mother's Day weekend. Going to call my mom right now!

femmecreole
05-09-2009, 09:02 AM
Morning all! Sounds like it's a gardening day all around!! I've been up since 4:30, got my lesson plans done for this week and have been out in the gardens since the sun came up.

I left school at 10 yesterday morning after giving tests (they divided my class up among the other second grade teachers) and headed straight to the dr. I NEVER go to the doctor unless I'm about to keel over and was glad I did...viral infection (sent home 2 kids with the same thing this week). They gave me some meds and I spent the rest of the day in bed dying. Woke up feeling great this morning...wow.

Headed back out to the yard before it gets too hot, then will try to take it easy the rest of the day. Will tackle housework tomorrow before the first wave of company arrives on Monday. whew...

Have a great weekend, everyone..

Schmoodle
05-09-2009, 09:25 AM
Good morning everyone and happy gardening.
Cat, I am glad you're feeling better.
Today I am going to kill myself so I can relax tomorrow. We are supposed to get thunderstorms anyway, and tomorrow should be nice, so I told the family I want to go hiking on mother's day. Plus we'll swing by my mom's and my grandmother's to spread mother's day cheer.
Today is cleaning house, laundry, grocery shopping, and if the storms hold off long enough we'll work on getting the vegetable beds in. If not, that's for tomorrow too, but I consider it fun, not work, so it's good. I'll make DH pick up a load of horse poo compost while he's at the horse farm with the kids this morning.
I haven't had breakfast and my mom sent home a pan of cereal bars with the kids and it's been calling to me all morning. She used to make these all the time when I was a kid, and they were my favorites, and, well thanks mom, this is how I got to be a fat kid in the first place. Somehow salsa eggs just aren't appealing with those staring at me. I'd better go get them off the kitchen counter before this gets ugly.

StarbucksJunkie528
05-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Good Morning Beachers!

Listening to all your gardening plans makes me want to go out to Home Depot! But alas, DH's favorite band of all time is playing a concert tonight in Tampa (2 hours away) so I must get all the household stuff done so that we can drive up there this afternoon.... Oh, and did I mention I have zero intrest in this band? The things we do for love :)

Hope you chickies have a fabulous Saturday, and happy early Mother's Day!

Pearlrose
05-09-2009, 09:58 AM
Hello everyone,

Sounds like everyone has some wonderful gardening in front of them. I am jealous because I do not have a green thumb, so I don't even bother. I let DH take care of the outside.

Today I already did a workout this morning, just finished breakfast. Now to tackle cleaning, groceries and then this afternoon can be goof off time. We are thinking about going to Six Flags tomorrow for Mother's Day after Church. Depends on the weather I suppose- all this rain we have been getting. Finished Phase 1 yesterday and down 5 lbs I will take it.

Have a wonderful day today

weezle
05-09-2009, 06:23 PM
Someone put their foot up my butt please! The boys are out of town, so I've been spending time with my parents and ate out 2 nights in a row. Not even remotely close to being OP. After last night, my body spoke up loud and clear this morning about how unhappy it was about my decision-making. Doing a hard-core detox today and tomorrow. Moo.

Otherwise had an ok day. Just putzing around now. Parents invited me to dinner out AGAIN tonight (oy!) but I told them I'll be staying in. Cubs game starts at 6. I think it's going to be a nice night of snuggling up in jammies and curling up on the couch.

It's sooooo quiet. Shhhhhhh.

Boys come home tomorrow so I guess I should enjoy it while I can. I still miss them though. :(

Hope everyone is having a fabulous Mother's Day Weekend!!!!

Lisa

Ruthxxx
05-10-2009, 05:57 AM
Good morning, Beach Babes. It's Mother's Day and I hope you all get to sleep in a bit or, at least, have coffee in bed. My furries seem to have missed the point of the day as they were whining to get out at 5!

Church and then most of the day is mine except for a MD BBQ tonight at my DIL's parents place. We had torrents of rain yesterday afternoon so it'll be way to wet to garden but I think I'll manage to fill the time.

I did get the vacuuming done yesterday but not until after the Plant Sale. We sure sold a lot of plants in short order - opened at 9 and had made $2000 by 9:45! That's a lot, especially when most plants were priced about $3 each, real bargains for perennials. The great thing is that the plants are from our gardens so we know they thrive in this zone.

Have a glorious Mother's Day!

cottagebythesea
05-10-2009, 06:50 AM
:flow1: HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! :flow1:

I didn't get coffee served in bed, but Jake had it ready for me when I came downstairs. :) This is day 2 of my weekend of total relaxation, although I did make dinner for Jake and I last night. But it was just a simple meal of roasted veggies and ww pasta, so you can't really call that work. ;) I spent almost all day in my glory, puttering in my garden. :)

This morning we're going out for breakfast, and then another trip to a different plant nursery. I'm going to spend the day getting the rest of my plants in before I have to wash up to take my mother out for dinner. It's going to be just the two of us, and I'm looking forward to it. I asked Mom where she'd like to go, and she wants Italian. :dizzy: She IS Italian and eats Italian food most every day, but she wants to go to an Italian restaurant! :shrug:

Pacergal29
05-10-2009, 07:30 AM
Happy Mothers Day Beachers!

Busy weekend so far. Yesterday I finally found a dress for DD's graduation, can't find shoes but I have a dress I like and it only took 2 trips to the mall. Now I just need a bit of color so I don't blind everyone!

Today, or rather this evening we are having the family over for dinner, lots of cooking involved but that is ok. Even doing it at our house and being responsible for the entire meal is less stressful than going to my MIL's and doing nothing and listening to her yell then entire time for everyone to get out of her kitchen! :dizzy: Not to mention the meal while not beachy, will be in my control and semi OP.

Hope you all have a wonderful Mothers Day, I am off to sip some more coffee in peace before the cooking begins.

TwynnB
05-10-2009, 07:37 AM
Happy Mother's Day chicks!!

We're having whole grain waffles for breakfast, and steaks on the grill for supper...YUM!! We'll see how the weather holds up, not sure what we're doing otherwise..I hope a hike.

Enjoy!

femmecreole
05-10-2009, 07:50 AM
Pacer, you reminded me that I have to go shopping for something to wear for my son's graduation. I'll think about it tomorrow.

I felt great yesterday morning and by the afternoon was 1/2 dead again. I got some housework done and have to do the bulk of it today. great. My MIL will be here when I get home from work tomorrow and it's crunch time.
My daughter called last night and said her boyfriend may not be able to come to visit with her this week. She will only be here for 5 days and I have to work for some of them. no fair at all.

No idea what Mother's day will bring. Youngest son said he had a "prize" for me and oldest son wanted to know if I was safe to visit yet...I still feel like a sneezing machine!

Happy Mama's day all!!

Kim_Star060404
05-10-2009, 08:42 AM
Happy Mother's Day to all of our wonderful mothers this morning! I hope your families are spoiling you rotten and letting you know how much they appreciate you!

I'm about to head out back with the doggage to enjoy coffee and the cool morning before hitting the showers. I have to teach this morning, but will be home after that. It's Mother's Day and baby dedication today and I just don't think my fragile, emotional self will be able to handle it. Last year, I received a Mother's Day gift because nobody knew me well enough to know that we didn't have kids and I honestly burst out crying right there at the church doors. Thankfully, it was after service and we were able to rush to the car and get home. I'm not going to even tempt that embarrassment this year! I hope to get home and crawl into bed and watch Fred and Ginger all afternoon.

Pearlrose
05-10-2009, 09:40 AM
Happy Mothers Day to all our wonderful Moms out there.

Kim :hug: :hug: to you and all of our wonderful chickies going through same issue. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

We were going to go to church this morning, but we are going to SixFlags right after and everyone gets so dressed up today, I would feel so out of place wearing jeans we are going to skip this morning and just go to SixFlags for a few hours. Enjoy your day everyone

zeffryn
05-10-2009, 10:17 AM
Happy Mother's Day, ladies.

Off to plant some eggplant and 2 kinds of watermelon. I should be having a bumper crop this year pending any disease or water problems.

Lexxiss
05-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Good Morning Everyone!:Sunny"
Actually, it's raining here this morning and I've even seen a few snowflakes....ahh life at 8000 feet. Thankfully, it will probably be back up to 70 by tomorrow.
Chelby, :thanks: for the show of support. I am able to use it again today.["I had a clean P1 day yesterday. Today, I will remain vigilant amidst a ton of food and have hope that I can add up enough "todays" to make a difference in my life. I am tired of living a life which is "constricted" by my weight."Femmecreole, nice to meet you. :wave: Take it easy and feel better.
Schmoodle, I like your quote. :thanks:
Pearl Rose, good job on the early workout, wish I could do that.:cb:
Weezle, hope your cleanse is going well. I always feel so much better after.
Ruth, great news about your plant sale$$
Cottage, enjoy another relaxing day. Don't you just love nursery season!
Stephanie(Pacer29), happy cooking, I like meals at my house for the same reason.:chef:
TwynnB, Hope you get a nice hike in.
And finally, Kim....keep smiling...it sounds to me like you are a "Mom" to your dog children.:love: I totally relate. We're taking my Mom to the Elks Club(her fav not mine) and all the Moms get a flower. I always take one, because I know my pups, Lexxis and Rudi, and kitty, Sophia love me as much as any Mother love their kids-and I love them with all my heart.:cloud9:
My :coffee2: was on the road this morn going to HDepot for foxgloves for my Mom. I'm headed to the kitchen for my vitamins and smoothie. I think what they're serving is not on my P1 plan.

I'll check in later.
Debbie R

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." Maria Robinson

Hi, Zeffryn, glad to meet you. I love watermelon :wave:

Barb0522
05-10-2009, 11:13 AM
I've been dealing with an allergic headache all weekend. I think today will be less busy than yesterday at least. Brian completed in an academic contest that took most of the day yesterday. His school didn't win but they did have fun. I had to teach Junior Staff training for the camp in the evening. We ate out twice yesterday and it really wasn't healthy. I need to make a point of planning fast easy meals this week in case we get caught in the same situation.

I've got to do some sewing and make a trip to the warehouse, grocery shop and record and file a bunch of registrations for camp. I've also left a message for Robert's dad but so far no return call. I need to know the exact dates he's going to have Brian this summer so I can move his dental appointment.

sophie
05-10-2009, 11:45 AM
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY CHICKIES

Started the morning with buckwheat pancakes, yum.
Every woman is a mother in someway. So celebrate the love you have and give to others.
take care
Sophie

weezle
05-10-2009, 01:06 PM
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!

Gotta finish laundry and head to my parents' house to celebrate with my mom, and then my boys are coming home!!!! YAY!!!!!

I am such a whale. My mom is the DEVIL and talked me into going out to eat again last night. You see how much will-power I have???? It was to D'Arcy's, my favorite potato-and-beer place that I don't get to eat at anymore. She kept saying "Are you suuuuuuuuuuuuure you don't want to go?" Well, no I'm not sure. "You really don't get a weekend off very often....." Sigh. I need to work on that.

So I am feeling bloated and miserable on weigh-in day. I had lost 4 lbs and then WHAMMO. Gained it all back plus another .4 in one weekend. Going to roll myself around in the shower now to get cleaned up.

At least there's no food planned for tonight! I'm not eating for a week.

Have a blessed day girlies!!!! Hugs to all the moms! :D

Lisa

sophie
05-10-2009, 01:08 PM
Here are some pictures of the wedding shawl for my daughter. It was woven in tencel and is a lace weave. Swarovski crystals twisted into the fringe.

sophie

cottagebythesea
05-10-2009, 01:42 PM
sophie, that shawl is exquisite!!!!! What talent you have and what a lucky daughter! How long did it take you make it?

Kim, my heart goes out to you on this day. I know how you must be aching. But you know, God is listening and has great plans for you. :hug:

zeffryn
05-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Kim - I'm not sure the circumstances, but know that you're loved and appreciated by everyone in your life. What a wonderful person you are and what a lucky husband you have. Enjoy your day - if not Mother's Day, call it Wife's Day. You deserve it. :hugs:

-
Alex made migas with black beans and iced coffee this morning. It was so good and really nice not to have to make breakfast or clean up the dishes afterward.

I think we may be meeting MIL sometime this afternoon. I'm off to pamper myself in the bath for a bit. I got out all of my favorite products and plan on giving myself a pedicure and mini facial as well. I also busted out my favorite dress in case we do go out later.

Vking
05-10-2009, 04:10 PM
Happy Mother's Day to all! This morning I fixed myself and egg, cheese and Italian sausage omlet with 2 eggs and had a glass of V-8 juice. Tonight we are going to dinner at Ruby Tuesdays. I just love their salad bar.

phxsunflower
05-10-2009, 06:48 PM
I feel like a newcomer again. 2 more weeks left of school and then I should be able to refocus on me again. I got my car washed, waxed, and vacuumed for mother's day(I think I made out great!!) The gardening sounds great one of these years I will get something besides flowers planted. Did some baking today made like bread pudding but add apples, bean brownies for me and apple crisp, and muffins for the family. That should hold us for the week. Now they are asking me what is for dinner!?! I guess I will go out and find something...

nancy237
05-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Kim ..
I am so sorry ...
I really think it should be
ALL WOMENS DAY instead of Mothers Day anyway.
You said you teach and what a gift that is ... I am sure you nurture
and love kids that belong to family and friends..
It should be a day to honor all the women !!

Some of the best "mothering " I have ever had came from women that were not my Bio mom ...

sophie
05-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Cottage - thanks, no talent here except lots and lots of patience. It took me about three weeks, I had to determine how many threads per inch I wanted, didn't want the fabric to be too thick or to sleazy where the pattern wouldn't show (lots of sampling) so it was 24 inches in width at 24 threads per inch for about a total of 600 threads with each one having to be threaded correctly because one mistake thru the whole pattern off and I wove it 100 inches long. DD is 5'10 and dress was very simple strapless with an A line skirt so the shawl was the decorative part. I also beaded her a tiara. There I have said too much.
Going to sleep my two glasses of wine off now.
Sophie.
who found her passion in life in weaving and beading

cottagebythesea
05-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Well, sophie, I admire your patience, then. ;) You have given your daughter something she can cherish and pass down from one generation to the next.

Chelby29
05-10-2009, 09:54 PM
I agree with Cottage, Sophie. What a beautiful gift of yourself for your daughter.