Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-09-2009, 02:56 AM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 311/Ticker/175

Height: 5'6''

Smile Hello hello

Well hello there. I am new around here, finally getting up the will to register and become accountable. My weight is something I have always struggled with, but even at 250 lbs as a 20 year old, I was healthy. Now, at 24, I feel like somewhere along the way I gave up. I am now coming in at just over 300 and trying to work out I am finding out how horribly unhealthy I've become in the past 2 years. Before this time of giving up I would literally argue with doctors about how I was eating well and exercising and there would be no difference, they would just say I needed to stop lying and do what I was claiming to be doing. This made me feel very defeated, but the doctor I am seeing now has discovered that I suffer from PCOS which has a lot to do with the weight issue. I am not at all using this as an excuse, I'm done with excuses. Now I know what is going on with my body so I can make a better plan of attack so to speak.

Friends and family just don't seem to be the support I need, so I am hoping to make some new friends here! Thanks for reading and I hope to get to know some of you.
Gekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:25 AM   #2  
*~Gamer Goddess~*

S/C/G: 236/Ticker/110

Height: 5'1

It goes without saying 3FC is a great place and I'm sure you will find all the support you need right here. I lurked for several months before joining. Everyone is super supportive, but can be tough on accountability too which is a good thing, trust me!

You sound ready for a big change and I wish you the best in your efforts!
StarryNights110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Gekster, welcome! there is a sub-forum here for people with PCOS, so rest assured you will get support here from people who understand what you are going through. Glad to have you! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:32 AM   #4  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 311/Ticker/175

Height: 5'6''

Thanks, I really appreciate it! I think the accountability is one of the main reasons I decided to join up. I love my boyfriend, but he isn't the type to mind if I skip a day of exercise or cheat with food. Seeing your starting weight and current weight really shows me if I am determined then it doesn't matter where I am now, I can get where I want to be.
Gekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:25 AM   #5  
No description available.

Welcome to 3FC! Surf around and settle in! We have forums based on age, eating plan, exercise and more!

Check out the PCOS, 20 somethings, and 300 Club forums for lots of support & accountability!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote