20-Somethings - Another newbie *waves*

View Full Version : Another newbie *waves*

cara0017
05-08-2009, 09:45 PM
Hi ladies,

I've been lurking the forums for a few months now and I thought it was about time I posted something. After all, your stories have motivated me to start my own weightloss journey and I figured my chances of success would increase tenfold if I could have the support of you wonderful and inspiring people.

So... here I am. Hello! *waves eagerly*

I guess I should probably say something about my goals, huh? Well, I'm 25 years old and I've been overweight pretty much since primary school. I have a classic apple shape, which means I have skinny chicken legs and a big flabby spare tire around my waist. Oh, and let's not forget the Pillsbury doughboy back. *sigh*

My goal is to melt all that fat away (or most of it, anyway. I wouldn't mind keeping my bust the way it is. That's the ONE consolation of being a chubby girl. Nice, ample bosoms LOL).

I wish to be comfortable enough with my body to :
a) try on a bikini
b) buy said bikini
c) actually wear it in public (oh, that is the stuff of nightmares at the moment. All that flab exposed to the naked eye? Eeeep!)

*looks in the mirror* I THINK I'll have to lose about 30 pounds before I'm ready to take the plunge and throw away my trusty tummy-control bathingsuit. And so here I am! I look forward to getting to know all of you as we go forth in our valiant efforts towards amazing, healthy, sexy new versions of ourselves.

skinnywish
05-09-2009, 12:35 AM
Welcome cara!!!!! Hope to see you around the threads...looks like you are doing great so far!!!

avie
05-09-2009, 02:59 PM
hey there!
i LOVE your goals!
good luck...we'll be with ya every step of the way!

aneleh
05-09-2009, 05:20 PM
hey! Welcome to the forum! I love your attitude, you seem so upbeat :)

Shannon1983
05-09-2009, 10:08 PM
Hi and Congrats on your weight loss so far... You do seem very determined and that will really help you along the way!!!

I wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey,,

Take care and Again welcome to the best website around!!!

cara0017
05-11-2009, 11:10 PM
Thank you all so much! Can't wait to get to know you better through the forums. :-)

On a side note : yay for so many Canadians! Where are you all from? I live in the national capital region.

aneleh
05-12-2009, 06:40 PM
I'm from BC, but I just moved to near Ottawa for a summer job like a week ago!

Thighs Be Gone
05-12-2009, 06:47 PM
Hey Cara! Glad to have ya here!

I want chicken legs! :)

cara0017
05-13-2009, 01:42 PM
I'm from BC, but I just moved to near Ottawa for a summer job like a week ago!

Really? Wow, what a coincidence! If you ever wanna meet up, let me know. Or if you need a guide around the city. Ottawa is so beautiful this time of year. It's the tulip festival!

Hey Cara! Glad to have ya here!
I want chicken legs! :)

LMAO. Wanna trade? We're about the same height, so our legs should be the same length. :-) Wanna trade torsos while we're at it? You can have my spare tire and I'll take your flat! (Congrats on the weightloss, btw. Totally awesome!)