20-Somethings - Anybody hear of this sugarfree candy/chocolate???

Loraloo
05-08-2009, 10:42 PM
I guess the title says it all. I'm just wondering if anybody's ever tried it or any suggestions of what's good. and if it's really worth the sacrifice of actual candy/chocolate for the calorie difference???

scaleskl
05-08-2009, 10:46 PM
I eat the Hershey's sugar free chocolates. They are very good. Taste like the real deal.

Loraloo
05-08-2009, 11:15 PM
what's the calorie count like? Is there a big difference?

Wolf Goddess
05-08-2009, 11:52 PM
what's the calorie count like? Is there a big difference?

No. They're really intended for diabetics, not someone looking for a lower calorie alternative.

leighish
05-09-2009, 02:20 AM
I concur with wolf goddess.

I work in a grocery store bakery and our sugar free goods still have an astounding amount of fat and calories.

LindseyLouWho
05-09-2009, 08:34 AM
Yep, I agree with the others. However, I do eat sugar free hard candies. They're about half of the calories of regular ones I believe (the ones I eat are 10 a piece).

bacilli
05-09-2009, 08:43 AM
I don't really have a sweet tooth, but when I really HAVE to have chocolate, I have 1 square of Endangered Chocolate's "Extremely Dark Chocolate". It's 88% cocoa, not bitter at all, wrapped in recycled paper, and 10% of the proceeds go to helping endangered animals. It's also certified kosher, vegan, and gluten-free, and a fair trade good.

If I'm gonna eat the calories and fat, it may as well taste really really good, and be beneficial to someone other than myself. :P

Shannon1983
05-09-2009, 11:01 AM
I use to eat the Heshey Sugar Free Peanut butter cups till i saw that in 3 of those little things there are 12 Grams of fat!!!! yes there are 12 in three . That would be one of my meals since i am on alli.. I would rather chew gum then waste the grams of fat on three pieces of candy. It maybe sugar free but by no means fat free.

stellarosa27
05-09-2009, 12:28 PM
I'm a big gum chewer. If I MUST have chocolate, I usually just have a regular hershey's mini. Any more than 1 and I just go overboard, so I have to limit myself. I think if they're sugar free, the up the fat, and vice versa for fat free - more sugar.

SweetScrumptious
05-09-2009, 05:59 PM
I agree about the Endangered Species Chocolate. Really good for you; but do buy the dark since dark chocolate has added health benefits. Also, this kind of chocolate is made with natural sugars (organic beet sugar... I think). Prob the healthiest chocolate on the market in my opinion.

1 bar has 15 pieces. So I eat 1 piece a day to give me a sweet treat.

Shannon1983
05-09-2009, 06:12 PM
where can you get this Endangered Species Chocolate??? Walmart??

Just wondering,
Thanks all!!

ValRock
05-09-2009, 06:16 PM
I love the endangered species chocolate. It's so rich that a little bit will tide you over. I keep a bar in my fridge for about 2 weeks and nibble on it periodically. Good for you in moderation too ;).

SweetScrumptious
05-09-2009, 09:17 PM
You can find Endangered Species Chocolate at health food stores (I live in Canada so the shop names I'd give you prob won't help :dizzy:)

Loraloo
05-09-2009, 10:54 PM
It will help me!!! I'm in Canada too!! Although, across the country

Leeesa
05-09-2009, 11:20 PM
Also, the sugar-free versions of candy are sweetened with maltitol, which, if you eat alot of it, can, um, well, let's say I believe it may rival ex-lax...

practiceliving
05-10-2009, 12:48 AM
Also, the sugar-free versions of candy are sweetened with maltitol, which, if you eat alot of it, can, um, well, let's say I believe it may rival ex-lax...

Oh my gosh.. I was just going to post about this. It's awful. :barf:

Be very careful about your portions, until you know how your body will react.

stellarosa27
05-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Do you Canadian chicks have Whole Foods or any grocery stores that specialize in like...more organic, healthy stuff? That's where we have the Endangered Species Chocolate around here.