100 lb. Club - What is the first thing you're going to do when you meet GOAL?

ShutterK
05-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Most of us in the 100 lb club still have a ways to go, but I'm curious... What are you going to do to celebrate when you meet goal?

I'm going shopping - a whole new wardrobe. I've already started saving for it.

I'm going swimming - with my daughter. In a bathing suit, something I haven't worn in YEARS.

I'm hopping on a rollercoaster, without the fear of breaking the thing.

I'm going to embrace my healthier state - of mind and body.

So what are YOU going to do?

TJFitnessDiva
05-08-2009, 09:51 PM
A whole new wardrobe....I have saved quite a bit so money shouldn't be a problem for it :)

and then probably shout it out to the world! :lol:

CHUNKEY_MUNKEY
05-08-2009, 09:55 PM
omg lol you about summed up my to do list ( i will be swimming without the daughter though seeing as how i dont have kids yet )
but i should add to the list i will be trying to concieve when i get to a healthier weight ....... but first to enjoy my loss for a little .....

the daydream of WHEN I GET THIN takes me through the rough days and helps me keep on track .. lame .... i know lol

Jo Kittibuck
05-08-2009, 10:37 PM
Definitely shopping. I was ever the tomboy when I was young... unfortunately, my taste in fashion didn't kick in until after I was too big to buy from "normal" stores. You better believe once I hit that weight, I'll be tearing through the mall like I've strapped rockets to the shopping cart.

Also, want to perform dance on stage. Gonna start classes before my goal weight though, of course.

Buttercup
05-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Oh my goodness...yes to shopping!!!!!!! I would like to get something really sexy from Victorias Secret and Wow my husband!

Cinnamon
05-08-2009, 10:47 PM
definitely shopping! definitely. :)

canadianangel
05-08-2009, 10:48 PM
I want to go shopping for a nice gown..and me and my hubby go away for the weekend..and ove coarse a new wardrobe

Devsmama
05-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Shopping trip to NYC.
Take ballroom dancing lessons.
Get a family portrait taken

WarMaiden
05-09-2009, 12:35 AM
I'm going to go off my "diet," right back to the way I used to eat, and re-gain all my weight as quickly as possible.

Yeah, I'm kidding.

;)

ShutterK
05-09-2009, 12:48 AM
the daydream of WHEN I GET THIN takes me through the rough days and helps me keep on track .. lame .... i know lol

ME TOO! I don't think that's lame, but then again I do the same so.... :dizzy:

ShutterK
05-09-2009, 12:48 AM
I'm going to go off my "diet," right back to the way I used to eat, and re-gain all my weight as quickly as possible.

Yeah, I'm kidding.

;)

:dizzy:

rockinrobin
05-09-2009, 01:04 AM
Most of us in the 100 lb club still have a ways to go, but I'm curious... What are you going to do to celebrate when you meet goal?

I'm going shopping - a whole new wardrobe. I've already started saving for it.

I'm going swimming - with my daughter. In a bathing suit, something I haven't worn in YEARS.

I'm hopping on a rollercoaster, without the fear of breaking the thing.

I'm going to embrace my healthier state - of mind and body.

So what are YOU going to do?

I actually did all of these things, minus the roller coaster. I was never a fan of those, but it was great to know that I COULD safely fit on one of them now and that the reason I won't go on one is because I choose not to, not because I can't fit on one.

Swimming with my daughters after not ever doing it was a joy for me beyond belief. I added some water to the pool with my tears. It was a very happy and emotional day for me.

cfmama
05-09-2009, 01:12 AM
I'm going to go shopping. And buy a ton of clothes. And some super sexy knee high, high heeled boots. And then wear them to bed with my hubby ;)

Delphi
05-09-2009, 08:08 AM
I think I will pop "Eye of the Tiger (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu9xx5Ri278)" into my MP3 and run through my town! :lol:

Seriously, it will be another day for me. I'm simply thankful, that after so many years of abusing my body that I'm actually taking care of it, all the perks associated with the weight loss are simply that...perks! But I will enjoy them to by shopping, and more than likely take a vacation to a beach somewhere. ;)

Rosinante
05-09-2009, 08:17 AM
Shopping. Especially for pretty underwear. No-one but me will see it, I just want to know I'm wearing it!

seashell
05-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Shopping, shopping shopping!
Then prancing around in front of my ex in daisy duke shorts, high healed boots and a top tied right under the boobies. (Gotta have the wonderbra to make those boobies pop!) Gonna blow him a kiss across the room, wink and then plant a big one on my hot new boyfriend!!!

Lizzyg
05-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Shopping. I love to shop, and would love to just shop in the regular size section. I'm tried of the crappy little dark corner of the stores where they hide the fat ladies.

Man, I feel like the only one who still goes swimming and wears a bathing suit out in public even though I'm huge! When I'm at the beach, I don't care what people think! I'm there for the sun and the water :)

GirlyGirlSebas
05-09-2009, 12:20 PM
I will be getting a special tattoo to commemorate my journey.

kswood87
05-09-2009, 12:50 PM
I'm getting good ideas from you ladies, some things I had in mind were...

1. A bikini!
2. A tattoo!!
3. Dye my hair ( I've never done it before)
4. A shopping trip ofcourse!!!!

Cate426
05-09-2009, 01:04 PM
When I lose the weight, the first thing I'm going to do is ball my eyes out. Then, im going to buy the sexiest shoes I can find and a new clubbing outfit and dance all night with my friends in NYC. =) Can't waittt! I might also buy myself a plane ticket to Costa Rica. I've always wanted to go there....

Star2Be
05-09-2009, 01:46 PM
I think I'm another one who will probably go out shopping--though, to be honest, I'm not at goal yet but I've already been shopping quite a lot throughout the process, LOL! :lol:

Another thing that's *kind of* been in the back of my mind is that I'm considering dying my hair blonde. I have blue eyes I used to be (naturally) very very blonde as a child, so I think I could pull it off with my coloring, but I'm scared! I've, like, NEVER dyed my hair before... But I've been wanting to try the blonde for a while, and it just seems like if I did it when I hit goal, that would really complete the whole transformation. People probably wouldn't even recognize me anymore! Hehe. :D

kswood87
05-09-2009, 01:49 PM
I think I'm another one who will probably go out shopping--though, to be honest, I'm not at goal yet but I've already been shopping quite a lot throughout the process, LOL! :lol:

Another thing that's *kind of* been in the back of my mind is that I'm considering dying my hair blonde. I have blue eyes I used to be (naturally) very very blonde as a child, so I think I could pull it off with my coloring, but I'm scared! I've, like, NEVER dyed my hair before... But I've been wanting to try the blonde for a while, and it just seems like if I did it when I hit goal, that would really complete the whole transformation. People probably wouldn't even recognize me anymore! Hehe. :D

So weird, but I was thinking the same thing. I'll probably look like a completely different person with the weight loss and the change in hair color!

ShutterK
05-09-2009, 02:06 PM

You could try highlights first so it's not TOO dramatic when you first do it. Then again, when you reach GOAL, you might want drama. :D:carrot:

Rosinante
I've also often thought about a gold waistchain to be worn permanently - part prize, part reminder!

ShutterK
Oh yeah, and I forgot the tattoo! I already have two on my ankles. I was too embarrassed to get them anywhere else, but once I meet goal... Yep, I getting a big ol' one on my back!

TheWalrus
05-09-2009, 02:23 PM
My husband and I have already planned our reward for getting -- and staying -- at goal: new swimsuits and a vacation to the fancy resort in Costa Rica where my brother got married. Perfect! Can't wait :)

rainy
05-09-2009, 02:35 PM
I'll join you though I'm not at 100-something. ;)

I'm going to dress up with a nice, sexy and awww...ridiculously small pareo :oa bikini, then spend the whole day in the sun at the most popular beach around here, not the swamps where I go now, not the family beaches, just the most trendy one:dz:. Go off plan on lunch and eat pizza :jeno: watching the insecure skinny ones while they play with their salads, with a smile that sais 'I can it pizza!!':sssh: Then go back on the beach and sunbathe for the rest of the day, also I'll include booking surf lessons. :p Then I'll watch the sun going down dancing my *** off at a beach party, drinking very unhealthy fruity cocktails and flirting with anyone. :drool:

The day after I'll be back on track, promised. :D

Reddalice
05-09-2009, 03:21 PM
First dance! Then... Honestly, I'm probably take off all of my clothes and stare in the mirror. Maybe get a little philosophical on myself, then perhaps celebrate by going into a store I've never been in (my entire life) and by something I've never dreamed of wearing.

time2lose
05-09-2009, 05:30 PM
I want to do something that I could not possibly do when at my highest weight. I am still working on exactly what but something involving movement. I am already amazed at how much easier it is to move and look forward to it becoming even easier. I was so afraid of losing my mobility. It may be something as simple as running...... or dancing..... Maybe take a dance class at the advanced age of 50 something?? or yoga....... yeah maybe yoga...... Wall climbing, possibly........

Blackie
05-09-2009, 09:20 PM
I would like to think that when that day comes I will get rid of all of my fat clothes and buy a new wardrobe. The reality though is that I am going to have to buy new clothes before then. My current wardrobe is only going to stick with me for two more sizes downward. So I guess I will just buy as little as possible until I get to my goal and then shop like crazy. I am thinking about finding a seamstress to make me a couple of really nice suits for work. As short as I am, I have never been able to find a suit that fits perfectly.

I would also like to take a trip where I don't have to worry about my feet hurting too badly and limiting my walking/sightseeing. I am thinking about Italy.

Star2Be
05-09-2009, 10:28 PM
I'm going to dress up with a nice, sexy and awww...ridiculously small pareo :oa bikini, then spend the whole day in the sun at the most popular beach around here, not the swamps where I go now, not the family beaches, just the most trendy one:dz:. Go off plan on lunch and eat pizza :jeno: watching the insecure skinny ones while they play with their salads, with a smile that sais 'I can it pizza!!':sssh: Then go back on the beach and sunbathe for the rest of the day, also I'll include booking surf lessons. :p Then I'll watch the sun going down dancing my *** off at a beach party, drinking very unhealthy fruity cocktails and flirting with anyone. :drool:

The day after I'll be back on track, promised. :D

LOL, I love your honesty!! :lol: Not gonna lie, I've been thinking that I'll probably end up having some kind of food reward as part of my goal celebration, too--I think I would definitely deserve it by that point! So perhaps I'll indulge in delicious dessert, or one meal where I completely forget to think about counting calories... :chin: Though I guess since I allow myself treats in moderation now, too, so there wouldn't be anything all that special about continuing to do that once I reach goal, hehe. Oh, and of course I would go RIGHT back on track the very next day! ;)

lottie63
05-09-2009, 10:46 PM
I want to go shopping with my friends at a regular store. I hate going with them now and standing around being the 'fat friend' who everyone in the store KNOWS is not there to shop for themselves.

sidhe
05-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Probably get right back on the scale because I won't believe my eyes! :lol: And then again, and again, and again... :^:

And then...I honestly don't know. Along the way I've been careful to honor where I am in the process, and respect what I'm trying to become. Part of that means that I wear clothes that appropriate for where I am NOW...so I won't need a whole new wardrobe. Not saying I won't shop, of course! ;) I've also gotten myself a new bike because I like riding, so I've been keeping up with what I need for riding and not been waiting until I'm some arbitrary weight to do that for myself...ALTHOUGH! THOUGHT!! HEY!!

I just now realized what my 'reward' could (will?) be for getting to goal. There's a self-guided-but-supported bicycle tour of Tuscany/Umbria that I've been drooling over for years. It's about $3000 all told, airfare, food, lodging, transportation, etc, and it's about 300 miles through the countryside of Italy. THAT will be my reward!! THAT will be what happens when I get to goal! YES!!! :bike2:

WOOHOO! I must go plot!! :) :) :)

MugCanDoIt
05-10-2009, 06:23 PM
[QUOTE=Delphi;2734422]I think I will pop "Eye of the Tiger (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu9xx5Ri278)" into my MP3 and run through my town! :lol:

Hee Hee...Id like to do that, seriously! Only us would know what was actually playing in our earphones!!:lol:

Couch
05-11-2009, 01:05 AM
Clothes. Absolutely massive amounts of clothes.

As well as buying a new wardrobe, I'm going to knit myself a jumper, because I won't be planning to change weight, so it'll be worth it. I'd also like to buy a dressmaker's dummy and make some of my own clothes.

Because pretty much everything else can be done on the way to goal.

cfmama
05-11-2009, 03:58 AM
oh yes! I forgot. I am going to sign up for an adult ballet and adult jazz classes :)

JenAy
05-11-2009, 04:39 AM
I met my goal almost 3 1/2 years ago....I bought clothes!
I bought clothes in stores I couldn't even walk in before like Abercrombie.

I just had a tummy tuck seven weeks ago....my goal with that was to buy a bikini and I did! I bought one of those on piece bikini's too---now who knows if I'll wear them to the beach, but I bought them.

elle w 19
05-11-2009, 05:34 AM
Try on all the clothes I boxed away 5 years ago--all the cute size 6 loveliness!! Decide which ones I want to keep (because they're classic enough to keep around or for sentimental reasons) and donate the rest to a women's shelter.

fenderella5678
05-11-2009, 04:16 PM
I haven't really thought about this (besides shopping, of course, that's a given). I think I might play a show with my boyfriend. We both play guitar and sing, and he plays shows from time to time but I've never had the courage to actually do one with him. Part of the reason is that I'm still very self-conscious, and once I meet goal I should feel TONS better about myself. Another reason is because I can't stand up and play guitar for too long, because it kills my back. Once this weight comes off I should be able to handle a 7lb guitar hanging off me for an hour. lol

nelie
05-11-2009, 04:36 PM
Honestly, there is nothing I'd really do at my goal weight that I wouldn't do now. I go swimming, I've ridden roller coasters, I go shopping in regular stores, etc.

One thing I would like to wait a little to do is rock climbing although I've heard others at my weight have done it. I figure if I lose 20 lbs or so, it'd be easier to do.

kittycat40
05-11-2009, 04:43 PM
Get a family portrait taken

This was mine. A family portrait with ME in it!! :)

...meanwhile I have been at goal for 9 months and I haven't gotten to it yet. But I certainly have jumped into many pictures where otherwise I would have backed away from the camera. Nice feeling. :cool:

WildThings
05-11-2009, 07:08 PM
I have had my eye on a DSLR camera for a very long time that I really cannot afford but will find a way if I can get to my goal weight. Not that I can't buy it now...it is not depended on my weight loss, but it's my incentive.

Keillynsmom
05-11-2009, 10:09 PM
At Onederland, I'm going to go to the Face and the Body (local day spa) for the works! When I get to 140 lbs, I'm going to start shopping for a nice surgeon to (hopefully) put things back into some semblance of order. (Or at least that's what I tell myself...)

Barb

Lovely91
05-11-2009, 10:18 PM
I will pass by my ex and show him what I've become, then we'll see who will start weeping, dick!!:)

Missunderstood
05-11-2009, 10:42 PM
I have three things:

1. A complete outfit including accessories, new matching under garments, and kick *** boots
2. An island vacation where I can walk around not hiding myself so much.
3. A new journal, whether online or on paper, as the first day of my new and improved life

irishsarah
05-12-2009, 12:08 AM
1. I am going to BURN all the "shapewear" I own. Seriously.
2. I am going to wear t-shirts that don't have to be extra long to cover my belly. (Note to self...buy those type of t-shirts)
3. I am going to buy CUTE underware and let my husband SEE me in them.
4. I am going to wear clothes I like AND that feel comfortable AND are stylish AND make me feel good! Heck, I think I will buy a dress to wear WITHOUT shapewear and control-everything pantyhose!
5. Even though my husband does NOT like tattoos, I am going to get a new one. (I have one from before I met him) I am going to get a little 4 leaf clover with my boys names nicely written, one on each leaf. It is going to be on my hip (because I will have hips then). Many won't see it, but I will know it is there.
6. THIS IS THE BIGGIE...!!!!
I am getting a family portrait done AND I will no longer hide from other peoples' cameras!

TraceyElaine
05-12-2009, 07:53 AM
I have a long list of TO DOs that I will get to. But one I have been thinking about alot is a little tattoo. I want to get a little pink and white cupcake with the number of lbs I have lost or my highest weight tattooed on my hip. Just for me to see. To remind me not to go back to that place again.

jab91864
05-12-2009, 08:15 AM
New leathers cuz that is a necessity

Probably new ink... I've never had the small of my back done

Tank tops... it's one of my phobias because my upper arms are so flabby.

But most of all, feel good about myself

Momto2Ms
05-12-2009, 11:00 AM
-I will go bungee jumping!
-Get a tattoo that I really want (I am about as "girl next door" as they come, so folks look at me like I'm crazy when I say I want one), but have always said I don't have anywhere pretty enough to put it.
-Lots of lovely new clothes

Botzz
05-12-2009, 02:43 PM
I am going to make a new fitness/health related goal and keep on going.

simple right? ;)

As Ever
Me

thinpossible
06-05-2009, 12:02 PM
Man, I feel like the only one who still goes swimming and wears a bathing suit out in public even though I'm huge! When I'm at the beach, I don't care what people think! I'm there for the sun and the water :) I go swimming too. It's embarrassing, but I love the water.

I have a long list of TO DOs that I will get to. But one I have been thinking about alot is a little tattoo. I want to get a little pink and white cupcake with the number of lbs I have lost or my highest weight tattooed on my hip. Just for me to see. To remind me not to go back to that place again. That's a cute idea.

I can't believe how many of you will be shopping. Ugh, I hate to shop! Maybe that will change as I get thinner, but I don't like shopping for my kids clothes either :lol:

When I reach goal, probably not the same day, but soon after I will try out for a play. I used to do a lot of theater, but there aren't many parts for big girls.

I'm not much of a dreamer, so I'll have to give this some more thought.

dragonwoman64
06-05-2009, 12:08 PM
Shopping, shopping shopping!
Then prancing around in front of my ex in daisy duke shorts, high healed boots and a top tied right under the boobies. (Gotta have the wonderbra to make those boobies pop!) Gonna blow him a kiss across the room, wink and then plant a big one on my hot new boyfriend!!!

loved this, too funny

I think I'll get myself a pair of great boots. Great jeans. A new haircut from some funky place in Manhattan. Buy a ticket to Italy (great idea, ladies), where I'll sit in a plaza with a glass of chianti and say to myself, congrats, Marge, on a job well done.

scarletmeshell
06-05-2009, 12:23 PM
These are all wonderful ideas. I have been thinking about this alot lately because I am starting to see results and think that it will actually happen.
For me...
1 Shopping of course
2 By a gorgeous strapless wedding dress. Marry my very handsome young fiance (what a wonderful man, loves me not matter what size I am).
3. Get married in Europe, and then honeymoon topless on the beach.:o

Nada
06-05-2009, 01:05 PM
" make a new fitness/health related goal and keep on going" Botzz, you rock!
I like that.
I had always said 1) go rock climbing 2) take salsa dancing lessons and 3) buy a suit (cause I shop now at consignment stores and it's hard to find anything but separates).

I think now I may go ahead and do the first 2 before I hit goal (because I think I've lost enough weight that I CAN) but the suit will wait until it will fit me for a looooooong time and then I'm going to follow Botzz' advice.

L R K
06-05-2009, 01:07 PM
I think I will cry out of Happiness! Than I will go shop for a new wardrobe. Oh how I am looking forward to that day! :)

scarletmeshell
06-05-2009, 01:09 PM
Oh I forgot to add... I have been taking ballroom dancing lessons and after I reach my goal, I will compete ina sexy costume!

SnowboundChick
06-05-2009, 02:15 PM
I hadn't even thought about it! But yes, I'll probably go shopping and I like the tattoo idea. I've never gotten one and have always wanted to.

Tummy Girl
06-05-2009, 03:19 PM
I'm gonna take a picture of the scale and get that picture put on a coffee mug. It came to me in a dream and I think I would like to look at that each morning.

Other than that I'm just going to be very proud of myself and wake up the next day and do it all the same.

Lady from Joppa
06-08-2009, 07:49 PM
I am planning to go on a special vacation with just my husband. Somewhere that is warm so that I can wear the new swimsuit I plan to buy and not be afraid to wore in front of others.

Misora
06-08-2009, 08:05 PM
First thing I'm going to do? Step off the scale! But step right back on it the next day because weight fluctates. :P

kim83
06-08-2009, 08:54 PM
When I reach my goal, I'll probably cry... then I'll run around the house like a crazy person. Then I'll book my trip to Disneyland! That is my ultimate reward for losing the weight, to take my family to Disneyland!!

KCMom
06-08-2009, 09:19 PM
I am going to grab hubby and go on a long beach vacation somewhere in the Caribbean. I've always wanted to go, but have been too mortified at the idea of having my blubber hang out for all to see on the beaches.

I want to ride again. I miss it. Maybe I'll go riding on one of the Caribbean beaches, and get a twofer. :)

KnitALisa
06-08-2009, 09:59 PM
Well, obviously the very first thing is a booty shaking victory dance around the scale. Then I have to call my Momma, and probably cry some happy tears on the phone with her.

After that? Shopping. I'd like to get a bunch of those cutsie little workout outfits and then ... ya know... work out in them.

Oo, I also want to go to a real club and go dancing with my friends, wearing something appropriately skimpy, of course. ;)

And depending on my financial situation, a trip somewhere. I've never been to Europe and I would love to museum crawl my way through it.

Arctic Mama
06-09-2009, 05:17 AM
Add me to the whole-new-wardrobe crowd. Additionally, I want to have a family picture taken with my husband and kids that I am PROUD to show off!

rochemist
06-09-2009, 09:23 AM
Holy crap its a journey not a destination

From Nickelback, "If Today was your last day"

My best friend gave me the best advice
He said each day's a gift and not a given right
Leave no stone unturned, leave your fears behind
And try to take the path less traveled by
That first step you take is the longest stride

If today was your last day
and tomorrow was too late
Could you say goodbye to yesterday?
Would you live each moment like your last?
Leave old pictures in the past
Donate every dime you have?
If today was your last day

I would encourage everyone here to embrace their lists as a way to live today. I am always shopping one size down, the old stuff removed. I love amusement parks. I surf, I do yoga, I dance. Do what your heart desires and the rest will follow.

That said I do have something I will do when I maintain my goal for 1 year, I will have my stomach fixed. I am a beautiful woman and this thing gives me a little less confidence. (If I have the money I might lift the tata's too , but that is way secondary for me).

My final thought, live this day, its the only one God gaurantees.

flowers99
06-09-2009, 10:21 AM
Well, obviously the very first thing is a booty shaking victory dance around the scale.

I so agree! I'll be doing the same thing :)

After that, one day at a time - and a shopping trip!

xchampagnedream
06-09-2009, 11:11 AM
Shopping spree :)

synger
06-09-2009, 01:22 PM
I'm at a loss. I can't even imagine being at goal. I have a hard enough time focusing on the next ten pounds.

But I do know that I keep adding small things back into my life. Hiking. Fishing. Bike riding. New shoes. Intimacy w/DH. Things I'd slowly given up as my weight crept higher and higher.

I figure, by the time I get to goal, I'll have done all the stuff I've been putting off.

Then, maybe a celebratory trip. I've always wanted to go to Spain.