Old 05-06-2009, 11:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 193/169/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Help a loser out... please share ideas to stay motivated...

I have another 20 or so lbs to lose, and I'm feeling kind of... bored. I need to light a flame under my bum. Any ideas? Guess I'm afraid of losing sight of my goal. Oh-- and I'm new here.

Thanks!
kellygram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:02 AM   #2  

Height: 5'11"

Congratulations on losing 20 pounds! What keeps me on track and motivated is the knowledge that if I give up my new lifestyle and go back to my old ways, I also go back to:
-Having fat on my back squish out from under my bra
-Having the 4-boob effect from my boobs overflowing my bra in the front
-Being out of breath from small tasks like climbing the stairs to my office
-the feeling of my waistband cutting into my flabby waist
-eating junk and feeling tired, miserable, and depressed as a result.

So that's what keeps me on track. I know what you mean about feeling bored; maybe that means it's time to take up a new healthy activity like running or roller blading or tennis? Maybe snoop around on this site for some fun new recipes? I saw a post that had dozens of ways to cook chicken; if you're bored with your food, maybe check it out?

Hang in there! It's worth it!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:49 AM   #3  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

20 pounds is a great start! Reward yourself with something that isn't food. Buy a new piece of clothing, get a manicure, do something special for yourself that doesn't include food! If you don't want to spend money on clothes, just going shopping and trying on new sizes can be a great motivator!

Mix up your workout, try a new form of exercise. Spring and early summer are great times to be watching what you eat, the fresh fruits and vegetables are awesome this time of year. Try a new low calorie food.

Make a list of the reasons why you are doing this. Keep it with you and refer to it when you get discouraged.

I hope you find something that keeps you going, you've done great so far. Keep it up!
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:43 AM   #4  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations on your 20lb lost!!

Here's how I look at it: I can keep working on going down in weight, or rest assured that I go up in weight. Which would I prefer?? Which would you prefer?

I can empathize with being bored but you have to just keep plodding on. I don't look at it as needing a fire lit, maybe just a small ember -- something that just keeps on glowing. Lighting a fire also implies that it will burn strong but then fizzle out. You seem to be at the fizzling out stage. Don't let that happen -- you've come so far!!!

Welcome to the board!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:07 AM   #5  
MBN

S/C/G: 150/G:finding the happy me

Height: 5'2"

One of the things that helps me is to set a non-scale goal. Something like sign up for a running race and train for it. Or re-learn crocheting and use that to keep my hands busy in the evenings so I won't want to reach for a snack. Recently, I added swimming to my routine which is something I hadn't done for years.

Also, it's very easy for your eating plan to get into a rut, eating the same old things all of the time. I like to pick a favororite food, something that I feel I'm "missing", and find or invent a healthy recipe that gives me the same flavor satisfaction without the guilt.

Once you reach your goal ... then there's maintenance. And maintenance is pretty much like what you're doing now. Looking for new activities and challenges to help keep things interesting is part of the process.
MBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

MBN..yes, oh, maintenance. I am looking for ways to incorporate more movement into my own schedule along with continuing my exercise. I am hoping to play league style tennis when Fall comes and am taking tennis lessons over the summer. I agree maintenance is something you have to keep excited about. I am a newbie to the phase (and actually I am still hoping to lose a few) so I am still feeling my way around it.

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 05-07-2009 at 09:10 AM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:06 AM   #7  

Welcome and congrats on the weight loss so far!! You are halfway there to goal and that is motivating in itself. You obviously know what you are doing to have come so far already. I agree with MBN to sign up for something that you have to complete. Not sure if you are a runner or not but some kind of challenge would be motivating.

I am signed up for a 5K at the end of this month plus I have a 25 mile bike trip that I am doing as a field trip for my daughter's class. The race is on a Friday and the bike trip is on the following Monday. I did the same exact thing last year as my kids are only one year apart in school. I did not train well enough last year and really felt it. This year I am totally ready and have the bonus of having lost some pounds along the way. Good luck in the rest of your journey!! You can do it!
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:18 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 211/178/150 LW:161

Height: 5'6

kellygram, im in the same boat as you, about 20lbs (hopefully more!) to go and im also a little bored but motivated nontheless. Keep your goals in sight and you will achieve them! Good luck!
vixxi is offline   Reply With Quote