Weight Loss Support - RESULTS ~ Mother's Day 5K

View Full Version : RESULTS ~ Mother's Day 5K

EZMONEY
05-06-2009, 10:45 PM
POST YOUR MOTHER'S DAY RESULTS HERE LADIES!

I hope you all have a great run/walk/hike/stroll/bike/wheel chair/window shopping day :)

EZMONEY
05-08-2009, 08:50 PM
So far looks like NAKEDMANGO is the only one reporting for early results. Good luck ladies and have a great MOTHER'S DAY even if you don't do a 5K!

midwife
05-09-2009, 12:02 AM
A 10 K today! Woohoo!!!

alinnell
05-09-2009, 01:11 PM
5k results = 40:40 on the treadmill. Not bad for not having done a 5k since Thanksgiving. Tomorrow DH and I'll do an outside walk with the dogs, but we decided Buddy just wouldn't be able to make it 5k so I did it on my own today. I think Chico was mad at me--every time I put on my running shoes he thinks we're going out--and I head to the treadmill. He just sits and stares at me. Poor dog. I guess I'll have to go throw the tennis ball for him.

Everyone think good thoughts for my son who is taking his Black Belt test in Karate right now!!!

EZMONEY
05-09-2009, 01:23 PM
Great job Allison. I have the same problem with my mutts, any time I put on my shoes or socks they think it's time to go for a walk!

Good luck to the boy!

EZMONEY
05-09-2009, 10:44 PM
Angie and I took the dogs out for our Mother's Day 5K today. We had a nice walk through the neighborhood, went by the house my son is buying for a bit of a detour. A very pretty day here. Forgot to check my watch....guessing less than an hour but we really weren't concerned about the time.

EZMONEY
05-10-2009, 12:22 AM
Here are a couple of pics of our :cool: cool down :cool: today :)

Thighs Be Gone
05-10-2009, 11:27 AM
30 minutes on the nose. YAHOO! :) This is the first time EVER for me properly clock my run. Mine was outside. The weather is gray and cool which is actually PERFECT for me! Thanks for posting this idea. I loved doing this and it is something I will remember for many years since it was my gift to myself for Mother's Day!

unwanted37lbs
05-10-2009, 03:50 PM
mine was this morning :) 36:44!!!! some improvement since Easter :)

CountingDown
05-10-2009, 03:58 PM
No time to report for me - a leisurely 5K walking around town :)

Ilene
05-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Not sure if it was 5k, I ran the local school track for 30 minutes...

It's cool and damp here not a very nice day, windy too...

Jeannette311
05-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Ugh. 61:39. Worst time EVER. I probably should have taken a break since I ran yesterday, and we had brunch a few hours before, but you live and learn I guess.

mtiger
05-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Okay, I didn't do 5k, I did 5 miles. It was quite a jump form 3 miles to 5, but I did it. I completed in 1 hour 4 min, average 12.8 min/mile. That is pretty good. I am proud of myself. My butt hurts though.:cool:

Gary- Gotta tell you again. I love those puppy dogs of yours.

nakedmango
05-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Okay, EZ, I'm finally posting in the offical result thread! No more "wrecking" threads, I promise! ;)

My un-official time was 32:00, but that time was achieved while running with someone who also happens to be a personal trainer. Trust me--I could not replicate that time even if I ran while someone was holding a pair of gorgeous $500 pumps in front of me the whole way. :running: The only way I even made that time was because I felt bad for making the poor guy run so slowly, after he said I could tag along! So yeah, not the most representative result time ever achieved. :dizzy:

I ran to the gym this morning (so I could go to a class) and I got a pretty good time--for me at least--for the 10K: 1:07:30. (I won't mention the fact that two women going wayyy faster than me passed me around 6K, while we were going up a hill. :lol: ) So that makes my 5K time about 33:45, which is my new best time. Yay!

Thanks, EZ! These 5Ks are proving a great motivator, especially since I don't always want to run. :carrot:

mrsaugie
05-10-2009, 08:07 PM
alright it took about 2 hours to do mine today. i was working in the yard (come to think of it i think i got the last in yard work style.) anyway i attacked the shrubs to take them oout to put new stuff there. between shoveling at the roots and trucking stuff around i think i did that and then some. so i am counting and if you do not like tough. :club:

EZMONEY
05-11-2009, 12:55 AM
A 10 K today! Woohoo!!!

I can see a marathon on the horizon :)

30 minutes on the nose. YAHOO! :) This is the first time EVER for me properly clock my run. Mine was outside. The weather is gray and cool which is actually PERFECT for me! Thanks for posting this idea. I loved doing this and it is something I will remember for many years since it was my gift to myself for Mother's Day!

You have done so well! You are going to be "living" with those memories for a long time! :)

mine was this morning :) 36:44!!!! some improvement since Easter :)

2 in a row! Now that is improvement! :)

No time to report for me - a leisurely 5K walking around town :)

Miles are miles! Us old folks can't run all the time ;)

Not sure if it was 5k, I ran the local school track for 30 minutes...

It's cool and damp here not a very nice day, windy too...

So happy to see you here Ilene! :)

Ugh. 61:39. Worst time EVER. I probably should have taken a break since I ran yesterday, and we had brunch a few hours before, but you live and learn I guess.

No kiddo...the worst time...would have been doing nothing! :)

Okay, I didn't do 5k, I did 5 miles. It was quite a jump form 3 miles to 5, but I did it. I completed in 1 hour 4 min, average 12.8 min/mile. That is pretty good. I am proud of myself. My butt hurts though.:cool:

Gary- Gotta tell you again. I love those puppy dogs of yours.

Great time for you Mindy! Your butt hurts 'cause there is a crack in it ;) I love my puppy dogs too...but I love them more when I can find my shoes!

Okay, EZ, I'm finally posting in the offical result thread! No more "wrecking" threads, I promise! ;)

My un-official time was 32:00, but that time was achieved while running with someone who also happens to be a personal trainer. Trust me--I could not replicate that time even if I ran while someone was holding a pair of gorgeous $500 pumps in front of me the whole way. :running: The only way I even made that time was because I felt bad for making the poor guy run so slowly, after he said I could tag along! So yeah, not the most representative result time ever achieved. :dizzy:

I ran to the gym this morning (so I could go to a class) and I got a pretty good time--for me at least--for the 10K: 1:07:30. (I won't mention the fact that two women going wayyy faster than me passed me around 6K, while we were going up a hill. :lol: ) So that makes my 5K time about 33:45, which is my new best time. Yay!

Thanks, EZ! These 5Ks are proving a great motivator, especially since I don't always want to run. :carrot:

You are an inspiration to many here kiddo...we THANK-YOU!! :)

alright it took about 2 hours to do mine today. i was working in the yard (come to think of it i think i got the last in yard work style.) anyway i attacked the shrubs to take them oout to put new stuff there. between shoveling at the roots and trucking stuff around i think i did that and then some. so i am counting and if you do not like tough. :club:

:) I am so scared :) you are one lucky kid! since we don't have any real rules!! Great job getting out and burning up those calories :)

I am so proud of all of you :hug:

mrsaugie
05-11-2009, 09:27 AM
rules are for wimps.

EZMONEY
05-11-2009, 09:32 AM
I agree!

JuliaDH
05-11-2009, 09:36 AM
We did 8km with the kids on bicycles. Burr it was cold out. Our time was 28 min

Shannon in ATL
05-11-2009, 09:52 AM
5k in 36:16, 5 miles total at 63:12. Not my best time, but I've let the running slide a little the last couple of months. I'll get back there! :)
Hope everyone had a happy Mother's Day!

Diva
05-11-2009, 05:17 PM
Got mine all done in 60 minutes today. I did the WATP's to do it. Yeah I am slow.

Peep Smith
05-11-2009, 05:45 PM
Took my fat ol' dog and we had a marvelous walk around the bay, barking at seagulls, fetching stick, swimming...it was all good!

EZMONEY
05-11-2009, 08:45 PM
We did 8km with the kids on bicycles. Burr it was cold out. Our time was 28 min

Sounds like a perfect day to me...bet them kids were happy you came home from the dance ;)

5k in 36:16, 5 miles total at 63:12. Not my best time, but I've let the running slide a little the last couple of months. I'll get back there! :)
Hope everyone had a happy Mother's Day!

We all slide from time to time :)

Got mine all done in 60 minutes today. I did the WATP's to do it. Yeah I am slow.

Nothing wrong with slow...it's the "nothing" that stinks! :)

Took my fat ol' dog and we had a marvelous walk around the bay, barking at seagulls, fetching stick, swimming...it was all good!

Sounds like an other perfect day to me! :)

sws19
05-11-2009, 09:53 PM
i just finished mine. 27:25 on the treadmill. my best time so far!!:carrot::carrot:

EZMONEY
05-11-2009, 11:58 PM
i just finished mine. 27:25 on the treadmill. my best time so far!!:carrot::carrot:

:carrot: GREAT JOB!! :carrot: