100 lb. Club - MAY NSV's

View Full Version : MAY NSV's

Sandi
05-05-2009, 09:07 AM
Welcome to one of the most popular threads here at the 100lb club!

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. So let's start filling it up!

Devsmama
05-05-2009, 09:13 AM
I did some challenge moves in Pilates yesterday.

Delphi
05-05-2009, 09:20 AM
My daily water intake has increased substantially, to whereas I really do not want any other liquid. Ya!

sprklemajik
05-05-2009, 09:22 AM
When I got out of the shower this morning, I actually saw the bottom of my rib cage. It was crazy awesome.

Satria
05-05-2009, 09:28 AM
I exercised both days this past weekend, instead of sleeping in.

DCHound
05-05-2009, 09:49 AM
I'm wearing a pair of dark pink LB 14/16 cotton crinkle slacks I bought Spring 2003, which hung on the ductwork in my basement for the last six years, which I thought I would never, ever, EVER wear again.

Jo Kittibuck
05-05-2009, 11:03 AM
I got into a pair of pants that were too tight on me a month ago!

cfmama
05-05-2009, 11:12 AM
I climbed the stairs and SLID DOWN THE SLIDES at the park this weekend with my kids. MULTIPLE times!!!

Star2Be
05-05-2009, 10:03 PM
1-2 weeks ago when I was agonizing over some papers that I had to write for school, I went on a bit of an eBay spree and bought quite a few really cute Spring/Summery dresses. Now, I know, "retail therapy" is NOT always a good idea, but I'm usually very shrewd with my money, and I consider this somewhat-bad habit to be a preferable alternative to what I was truly itching to do in order to deal with all that stress (binge, binge, and - oh yeah - BINGE!). And I *really* wanted to get some new dresses, because I don't have very many that fit me in my current size, heh. Heck, I don't even have very many from when I was bigger, because I've never much liked dresses (thigh chafing, eeek!), but I've become ridiculously captivated with playing dress-up now that the clothes are cheaper and look/feel so much better on me... :dizzy:

WELL, anyways, a couple of the dresses finally arrived today!! And I got to have a little bit of a fashion show for myself, trying them on and planning what I can wear them with, and just generally thinking about how much fun I'll have in them... The size 8 tags were just the icing on the cake, of course, but really I'm claiming the NSV as the confidence and the pure enjoyment of something as simple as cute clothes. Things like this are just one of those little moments that make me smile to myself and think, Yep, it's worth it... :D

GirlyGirl
05-05-2009, 10:09 PM
I did not one, but two workouts tonight! :exercise:

kiramira
05-05-2009, 10:40 PM
I did the fixed firm pose in yoga today! It has taken me 3 months of 4xper week to get something that looks like this:
http://botyarov.com/thumbnails/us/colorado/livingindoors/COBikramYogaFixedFirmO.jpg
Kira

Devsmama
05-06-2009, 08:07 AM
About 2 weeks ago I had some pants that could barely get up my thighs, especially the inner thighs, today they slid right up!!

Delphi
05-06-2009, 08:12 AM
I actually jogged for the first time in a very, very long time. :)

Star2Be
05-06-2009, 09:43 PM
I did the fixed firm pose in yoga today! It has taken me 3 months of 4xper week to get something that looks like this:
http://botyarov.com/thumbnails/us/colorado/livingindoors/COBikramYogaFixedFirmO.jpg
Kira
.....:yikes:

WOW. I didn't know such body contortions were possible!! Hehe. WTG girly! :high: I love when I randomly discover something that my body can do now that it never could before--for example, I can very clearly recall the memory of trying to do a plank pose sometime about a year ago, and failing miserably... So when the instructor of my PE class this quarter told us to get into the pose, I thought, Hooo boy, this is gonna be embarrassing! But instead I was *very* pleased to find that I actually could do it--and hold myself in it just as long as everyone else did! But it sounds like your victory is a different one, where you were actually working towards this, so how freaking awesome is it that you can do it now?! I bet that makes the victory SO much sweeter. :D

kswood87
05-06-2009, 09:54 PM
I went shopping at Old Navy a few days ago and I grabbed a 16 and an 18 just because I wanted to see if I could fit into a 16 yet and OMG I CAN!!

I was so super excited and I know I still have a ways to go but it still feels so awesome to actually see that what I'm doing is working.

foxxy511
05-07-2009, 07:48 AM
I am officially at a "normal" BMI! Now that's something I have never, ever been at!

cestlavie22
05-07-2009, 09:06 AM
I am officially at a "normal" BMI! Now that's something I have never, ever been at!

wow! i am planning on following you real soon!

Starbuck
05-08-2009, 08:57 AM
I made it from Very high risk BMI to just High risk. As long as it comes down slowly i'll be happy.

Satria
05-08-2009, 09:16 AM
I did 25 pushups! :) In the initial test (100 pushups program) I could only do 8 or so. Those were only knee pushups though.

I started trying to at least do one real pushup every day and I've almost done it. Before I'd just get into position and not be able to move, but I'm getting there! :woohoo:

WaytoGoal
05-08-2009, 09:27 AM

Awesome... I can't wait to be just over-weight!! You will see me jumping like a wild woman when I reach normal!!

WaytoGoal
05-08-2009, 09:29 AM
I had someone I didn't know at school tell me I look good and that she noticed I have been losing weight. Sometimes you need that little boost!:carrot:

Rosinante
05-08-2009, 09:30 AM
I put on a top today that was skin-tight when I bought it and it's now too baggy. Dang, missed its wearability window!

thistoo
05-08-2009, 11:20 PM
Lately my coworkers have been accusing me of being 'disciplined' (they mean it in a good way, I think!) I don't think of myself as disciplined at ALL -- I struggle constantly, even three years in, to stick to my plan. But knowing that other people see me that way makes me think that maybe I haven't been giving myself enough credit.

ShutterK
05-08-2009, 11:52 PM
Today I exercised 5 miles. I jogged 1.5 miles and did the bike at a medium resistance for 3.5 miles.... that's the most I've EVER exercised in one sitting and I was so incredibly proud of myself. :)

Windchime
05-09-2009, 12:00 AM
I have a pair of size 16 (not 16W) slacks that have been hanging in my closet since last time I lost weight. I tried them on a couple weeks ago and they were still too tight to wear comfortably. Today after facing the very real fear that my size 18W pants could fall off if I wasn't careful, I tried on the 16's again.

Guess what I wore to work!?? :)

ShutterK
05-09-2009, 12:02 AM
I have a pair of size 16 (not 16W) slacks that have been hanging in my closet since last time I lost weight. I tried them on a couple weeks ago and they were still too tight to wear comfortably. Today after facing the very real fear that my size 18W pants could fall off if I wasn't careful, I tried on the 16's again.

Guess what I wore to work!?? :)

I'm SO jealous (in a good way)! Congrats!!! :carrot:

Windchime
05-09-2009, 01:41 AM
I'm SO jealous (in a good way)! Congrats!!! :carrot:

Thanks for the congrats and the carrot! :) I've been at this since January and it's going slow for me, so it was nice to finally be in a smaller size. I tried on size 16 jeans last weekend and it wasn't pretty, so I have a ways to go before I can buy new jeans. And now the dilemna is...I only have one pair of work pants!

Star2Be
05-09-2009, 12:24 PM
Lately my coworkers have been accusing me of being 'disciplined' (they mean it in a good way, I think!) I don't think of myself as disciplined at ALL -- I struggle constantly, even three years in, to stick to my plan. But knowing that other people see me that way makes me think that maybe I haven't been giving myself enough credit.
Oooh, I know exactly what you mean!! Last night I was joking with a friend about whether or not I should go out and party, or go home and go to bed so I wouldn't be feeling yucky when I try to write a paper today... I was saying something like, "Hmmm, do I want to make a bad decision or not?" :chin: He responded with (something like), "Well, you know I'm always in favor of bad decisions, but you seem to have gotten SO good at avoiding them... I think that's called 'growing up'..." I was so (pleasantly) shocked! It doesn't really occur to me that people would look at me and think, Now *there's* a person who's in control of herself!, or think of me as someone with good willpower or anything like that, because like you, I guess I tend to focus more on all the struggles and the times that I haven't made wise choices, etc. But you're so right--I think we do need to give ourselves more credit! I mean, clearly we didn't come this far without having at least a little discipline, right? ;) Hehe. It must have been so cool to see yourself through the eyes of someone else.

I've been absolutely amazed by some of the trigger foods I've resisted lately, but I already blabbed all about that on the CIC forum, so one of my other cool NSVs is that I got a compliment from my boss yesterday! I work shelving books in one of my school's libraries, and I've been with that department for just under 2 years now, so of course they have seen the whole "transformation." Well, yesterday I was wearing one of my new dresses (from my eBay shopping spree! LOL!), and if I may say so, I think it showed off my shape pretty nicely! So I had been talking to my boss, and as I was walking away he suddenly said "You know, you are looking so shapely these days! I remember when you first came to work with us, and... You're just like a whole new person!" Man, that felt great!! :D It was funny, because I could tell how hard he was trying to avoid saying something that could potentially offend me (older male boss commenting on the body of his college-aged female employee--kind of a sticky situation, haha!), but it was so kind. I love how wearing new clothes really seems to shake people into noticing--since I still wear a lot of my old clothes (my sewing machine is my best friend nowadays), maybe the change isn't always as obvious, but I never wore dresses before, so I really must have looked like a totally different person. And I really like this new person... I think I'll keep her around. :dizzy:

WhitePicketFences
05-11-2009, 11:04 AM
I bought a size 16 khaki skirt at Target on Saturday. It fits and looks great, but the other skirt I currently weight (yes, the other ... the only other) is a denim knee-length. This one is shorter than that and I am suddenly embarrassed about my legs because they have several patches of unsightly vericose veins ... I know, and me at not even 28 years old, with no children, etc. Ugh. It's too bad, because everything else about me in skirts like this is fine. I am thinking of wearing tights with it, but I feel like that looks funny in the summer? I have thigh-highs so I don't mind ...

Anyway, this is a real NSV for me because I went shopping out of drudgery, to get a few temporary things that aren't literally falling off, and I ended up wistfully delighting in certain items. It was different than shopping previously.

I tried on a few summer-y dresses and was excited because they were so pretty and looked okay, too. The only thing was that the sleeves still cut it a little close for my chubby arms, which makes me feel uncomfortable. I am thinking a few months on those arm-y clothes, but maybe in the meantime I will look in the women's section of department stores instead, for similar dresses with more flattering sleeves. It would be a real boon to me to feel pretty in a summer dress, and I am going to a semi-formal event next week, anyway.

DCHound
05-11-2009, 12:10 PM
For me, the clothes NSVs are almost always the best! I had 2 NSVs this weekend. For the first, I spent Saturday night at a friend's house. In the (bad) old days before I was on Atkins and she was on WW, we would have gone out, bought a couple of gallons of ice cream, some bakery items for breakfast, then gone out to a nice dinner somewhere. Oink! This time, I brought my food with me, she had her low-cal dinner, and then watched a movie. No oink! And still a fun weekend with a friend.

The second, I tried on my new pair of 16 (not 16W) jeans again ~ last time, I wasn't able to get them over my hips. This time, I was able not only to get them up but to zip them! They are still WAAAAAY too tight to wear in public, but I have no doubt they will be fitting by my secret unwritten size 16 misses goal date of July 7th (halfway between my 16W and 14W goal dates!)!!!

Star2Be
05-12-2009, 02:01 AM
For the first, I spent Saturday night at a friend's house. In the (bad) old days before I was on Atkins and she was on WW, we would have gone out, bought a couple of gallons of ice cream, some bakery items for breakfast, then gone out to a nice dinner somewhere. Oink! This time, I brought my food with me, she had her low-cal dinner, and then watched a movie. No oink! And still a fun weekend with a friend.
Oyyy. I have a friend just like this! She and I have always been the "bigger" girls in our group of friends, and over the years a LOT of our friendship was grounded in the fact that we could (and frequently did) pig out on ridiculous amounts of junk whenever we were together--without feeling embarrassed or guilty about it, because we were *both* fat and didn't really have to hide our bad eating habits from each other... It's been weird adjusting to the friendship now that I'm much more focused on eating healthily, especially because this same friend has unsuccessfully tried many diets over the years, whereas this is basically my first effort, and I've been doing pretty well. not! I love this friend to DEATH, but it is true that she's tried WW/Atkins/etc before and never really stuck to it... I guess it's just hard to say that because I don't want to seem like I'm judging her, cuz I'm certainly the last person in the world who should be able to judge a fat person! :o] But yeah, I worry that she's disappointed to have lost her eating buddy, or that she might feel like there's extra pressure on her now because she doesn't have a fellow "fat friend" anymore. You are very lucky that you and your friend have entered this journey together so you can motivate each other--god knows my friends are usually the ones prodding at me and saying "Just this once won't hurt!!", so it must be SO nice to have her support! And how awesome is it that you were able to have such a fun weekend *without* food having to be the main source of entertainment? Heh. What a great NSV. :D

Gosh, my posts on this thread always get sooo long. I just find everyone's NSVs so awesome and touching! They always make me think! :chin:

WarMaiden
05-13-2009, 06:37 PM
A coworker told me that I am her "inspiration" for a new weight-loss effort :cool:

VickieLou
05-15-2009, 09:19 AM
:cool: I can fit into a size 18 plus size in an elastic waist. I hope to be in a regular style pair of 18's by the end of next month.

timkerbelle
05-17-2009, 02:56 AM
Yesterday I was at work, and since it was Sat it was dressdown day so I was wearing my jeans. They are a bit big in the waist, so I always wear a belt with them.
Now I'm hoping this isn't TMI lol but I was going to the ladies, and as I was about to pull my jeans back up I realized I hadn't even unbuttoned them, just undone the belt, they were that big on me :D

Star2Be
05-17-2009, 03:57 PM
^ WHOA! Sounds like it's time for you to get some new jeans, missy!! :lol: What a great NSV. :)

time2lose
05-20-2009, 12:40 PM
I had a hard time finding this thread so I thought I would tell my NSV and bump it up.

When I first started this journey, one of my goals was to be able to walk from the parking lot to my office without being out of breath. It is a short walk but all up hill. I was disappoint when I was still out of breath even after losing a good bit of weight.

This morning it suddenly dawned on me that I was not out of breath when I got to my office. I don't really know when this happened. I think that I have been managing this walk just fine for a good while but it felt good to realize that I had achieved one of my goals!

scarletmeshell
05-20-2009, 01:15 PM
This still seems a little odd to me but I live in a town house community and this Sunday I walked to talk out the trash in shorts. On Monday my new neighboor told me good morning and said "I saw you in your shorts yesterday and you were hot". At first I thought he was joking, and automatically thought well I have so much wieght to loose blah blah blah.... but them remembered a thread I read on here, Thanks but.... about taking a compliment so I simply said thank you. This was a big step for me.

Jennelle
05-20-2009, 07:14 PM
DD came home from college yesterday and asked me if I wanted some of her size 18 (not 18W) pants that were too big for her. I figured I'd try them on, but was pretty sure they wouldn't fit as when I went suit-shopping a month or so ago, I had to get an 18W because I couldn't get the pants over my badonkadonk.

Well, they fit! :D The khakis are a tad too tight in the rear for public consumption, but the jeans are just fine!

:carrot: :dance:

MrsWolf
05-20-2009, 07:24 PM
Yesterday, I bought new shorts in a size 7 and a few new t-shirts in a size small

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::c arrot::carrot::carrot:

WildThings
05-20-2009, 09:24 PM
I made it through the third donut day (Board meeting days) at work in the 3.5 months since I've been on plan without even mulling over the idea of eating said donuts! And these aren't just your run of the mill donuts, these are hand-made mom and pop owned fresh bakery donuts.

I also have this shirt my sister gave me a few years ago because she bought it then realized her chest would never come close to fitting into it (she obviously has my share). Well, I've never worn it because while I have no chest, my belly was too big for it. Hung on to it all this time, tried it on today and realized I almost missed my window for wearing it.

Star2Be
05-21-2009, 01:02 AM
^ *Whew!* GREAT JOB resisting all those donuts!! You deserve a gold star for sure! (Darnit, and now I'm craving one...) :hungry: Hehe.

Today was a very good day for NSVs all around, actually!

1. When I was getting lunch at my school dining hall this afternoon, one of the servers (who has been extremely complimentary of my weight loss several times in the past) pointed to me and turned to another employee and said, "Look at her! Doesn't she look great? You know, she used to be a bigger girl..." :D It probably sounds a little strange (you don't always appreciate someone announcing your past obesity to an entire dining hall full of people :p) but this woman is just one of those outspoken, brassy types in general--that's just kinda the way she talks, LOL, so it didn't bug me one bit. In fact, it seemed like she was so enthusiastic about complimenting me that it just kind of tumbled out that way, which I thought was extremely flattering, hehe! I'm sure I blushed a bit, because there were a lot of people around, but I just said "Thanks! I'm doing the best I can." *big grin* :D Yeah, that felt great!

There's another thing, and it's kind of a weird one... As in, I'm not really sure how to feel about it, but I *think* it was some kind of NSV. Just for some background info: lately in one of my classes, we've been discussing various types of oppression (based on gender, race, sexual orientation, etc), and we happened to be talking about homosexuality today--discussing whether the frequency or intensity of oppression of homosexuals is affected by whether society views it as a "choice" or an inborn trait. WELL... Of course *someone* just HAD to bring up a comparison to obesity, saying that society is more tolerant of discrimination/mistreatment(/just plain rudeness!) towards obese people, because it's generally believed that obesity is a "choice," and so on. And as I was listening to this, I instantly had a gut reaction of shame and panic and thinking Omigawsh, everyone in the room is looking at me and thinking "You CHOSE to be that way," ohhh, dear god this is awful... :o But then it occurred to me--no, they were *not* looking at me, because I am *not* obese anymore. No one was worried about offending me by discussing obesity in that way; I was just another member of the class. That felt very... weird. I almost felt like a fraud, like I was hearing something that I wasn't supposed to be hearing! But it felt kind of empowering, too. :cool:

Rosinante
05-21-2009, 02:34 AM
I mail ordered some clothes in XL - and I'm returning them to exchange for L!!!!!

cestlavie22
05-21-2009, 08:08 AM
I now fit in my dh's relaxed fit jeans! Now onward towards fitting in to his regular fit jeans :)

anmitche
05-21-2009, 05:36 PM
It's the end of the school year, and it seems like every day someone is bringing treats in to celebrate, either in the teacher's lounge or in classes. I have resisted most of them, allowing myself one thing on Tuesday and adding it into my calories.

Also, though I have gained a bit this month when I fell off plan, for the past two days I have noticed the "old me" in the mirror. I think my face is getting thinner and regaining the definition it had a few years ago before I started gaining weight. :)

kswood87
05-21-2009, 07:31 PM
I'm kind of late on this one but either way I still wanted to share because I was super proud of myself!

So this past weekend I went out with some friends that I used to work with last year just to visit with them before I go back to school and it was so awesome because everyone kept telling me how good I looked. Now I know everyone says this but I really dont see a difference in my appearance. I mean I've barely went down a size so I'm not sure what they were seeing but it still felt good none the less.

Anyways, I ended up getting drunk (way more than I wanted to) and instead of pigging out on every junk food/ fast food I could get my hands on I chewed on gum all night and I was perfectly content ALSO the next morning when I needed food badly instead on my usual Jack in the Box breakfast after a night of drinking I went to Subway :)

I realized that I have used drinking as an excuse to eat badly and cheat on my diet in the past and there was just no reason to do that. So I didn't! :)

Buttercup
05-21-2009, 10:24 PM
I had a WONDERFUL non scale victory today! I walked/jogged 8 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Up and down hills along the Potomac River! I was thrilled I could do it (though it took me 3 hours!):D

ChrissyBean
05-22-2009, 02:29 PM
:o

I had bought a cute short-sleeved orange blouse to take on a trip to Cozumel in April, but had to leave it home as the sleeves were way too tight and it looked sort of bad. Well, I'm wearing it today, and the sleeves fit GREAT! I can even slide a couple of fingers under the armband. :carrot:

It is doing my heart a world of good--even if the scale isn't moving much, at least my clothes are showing some results of my hard work.

Rosinante
05-22-2009, 03:07 PM
I occasionally make myself some roast pork ~ fatty meats are / have been SO my downfall! So today when I took it out of the oven, first job, cut off some of the crackling. It's best served hot and I've always just eaten it, fat and all. Today I suddenly realized that I was scraping all the fat off, and the fat that made it to my plate I cut off and gave to the dogs. This is mega!

stillclock
05-22-2009, 09:39 PM
my hip length brown linen shirt fits at the hip.

i think it's an awful shirt and i can hardly wait to get rid of it, but it fits.

(it was one of those buy it because it wraps around you purchases. i will dance the joyous boogies when those days are behind me.)

isolde

DCHound
05-22-2009, 09:49 PM
Wow Buttercup ~ good for you!!!!

I walked to the Metro this morning. FIRST TIME EVER. I have walked home from Metro zillions of times, but never in the morning. 1.4 miles. It was awesome, I felt so healthy and normal all day.

Star2Be
05-23-2009, 12:46 PM
Yay, ChrissyBean and stillclock (and everyone else, of course :D)!! Clothing-related NSVs have become my personal favorites, hehe! I just LOVE that feeling of putting on something that used to be way tighter, and you have that little moment of Huh? How did this shirt get so much bigger?! ...Then you realize that, actually, it's YOU who got SMALLER! ;) WTG ladies!

Buttercup
05-23-2009, 06:51 PM
Way to go!! I know it feels good to know you did something good for yourself!!!

Star2Be
05-24-2009, 02:27 PM
Oooh, I had the *best* NSV last night!! I was visiting a friend who lives downtown (in Chicago) and we were looking for a particular line of the CTA that he wanted to catch when we saw one pulling up waaay down the street. I thought Crap, there's no way we can catch it now! but I looked up and saw that my friend had started running!! :eek: This bus was really freaking far away, and I was thinking that I didn't have a shot in **** at reaching it in time, but I took off after him anyways... Well, umm, apparently I can run a LOT faster than I thought!! :D Not only did we make it on the bus with plenty of time to spare, but I wasn't even out of breath when I stopped--I kid you not! I guess it's been a long time since I tried running after anything, hehe, but that was a huuuge shock... And felt so awesome! It wasn't so long ago that I would get sweaty/short of breath even just from walking with a person whose pace was "too quick" for me. :p

the final countdown
05-24-2009, 08:36 PM
That is such an inspiring story Star2Be. I dream of running.

DCHound
05-24-2009, 09:01 PM
Today I went on a 3-hour hike. In a group. Of healthy, athletic people. I kept up! I felt great!! I think the last time I went on a real hike, I was a girl scout in elementary school. I feel totally awesome!!! (Tired, hot and worn out, but awesome.)

Star2Be
05-25-2009, 02:18 PM
Thanks, the final countdown! Believe me, I don't think I ever even dreamed that it'd be possible for me to run like that... It makes me think that I should try doing it more often. :chin: Someday you will be doing it, too!! :s:

Arctic Mama
05-25-2009, 02:31 PM
Though I haven't lost a ton of weight, I did have a pleasant victory yesterday -I can finally squeeze into tops that I haven't been able to wear since before I was prengnant with my older daughter three years ago! Some are still too tight and the bottoms are taking longer even at a lower weight because my hips spread, but even fitting into just one of them is a HUGE victory! I know the rest will soon follow :D

the final countdown
05-29-2009, 04:08 PM
I'm not in a new size yet, but my clothes are fitting better and needing to wear a belt on my straight waisted jeans. And I am feeling better just in general. Lot less aches and pains and before when I would wake up my hands would be asleep (probably circulation) I have not been noticing that lately.

CLCSC145
05-29-2009, 04:22 PM
Here's mine from today: I look terrible in my everyday size 24 jeans! :D

This is a good thing because I don't want to need to wear size 24 jeans. Frankly, I don't want to wear size 22 jeans either, but it is better than 24's...

Anyway, I was standing in my friend's kitchen this morning as she was frosting a birthday cake (and WIPING the frosting off her fingers with a paper towel rather than licking it off - it had never occurred to me that was an option ;)), and I had my hands in my back jeans pockets and I realized I could probably pull them down without unbuttoning them if I wasn't standing in someone else's kitchen. They look awful! The hips are all saggy, the butt is saggy, the waist is too big and I'm yanking them up as they keep sliding down. So these are going in the "retire these clothes" pile. May I never wear them again.

Tummy Girl
05-30-2009, 10:11 AM
So these are going in the "retire these clothes" pile. May I never wear them again.

Amen C.C., Congrats!

ChrissyBean
05-30-2009, 11:34 AM
I'm loving all these victories!! :)

Tummy Girl
05-30-2009, 11:47 AM
Just realized that a whole bunch of my pants weren't too short anymore, I thought I shrunk them, it was just that since I gained weight I had to pull them up to my armpits so I could do them up. That made me laugh and was awesome cuz I have four new pairs pants I can wear, sweeet!

Alana in Canada
05-30-2009, 01:52 PM
What a fantastic thread!

I'm particularily impressed by your decision to let that crackling go, Ailidh! I loooove crackling myself :o --so I know what a milestone that was! WTG. :carrot:

Rosinante
05-30-2009, 02:40 PM
What a fantastic thread!

I'm particularily impressed by your decision to let that crackling go, Ailidh! I loooove crackling myself :o --so I know what a milestone that was! WTG. :carrot:

Yup, isn't it the best!

Couch
05-30-2009, 10:01 PM
I realised that I can easily lift up my feet and touch them without sitting down. What I mean is, that I can do hamstring stretches easily and take off my socks without sitting down. Not sure what else that would be useful for, but it's nice to notice.

thistoo
05-31-2009, 01:59 PM
One last NSV for the month: last night I went to dinner with my visiting parents and my father's sisters and their husbands. I come from a loooong line of unhealthy eaters, and at the table last night there was beer cheese dip, fried mozzarella, corn muffins, biscuits, garlic bread, fried catfish, burgers, fries, etc. etc. the list really does go on, I'm sad to say.

I had a huge salad of turkey, romaine, spinach, feta, pecans, cranberries and strawberries, with a little honey vinaigrette on the side. And you know, at the end of the meal everyone was talking about how my salad was really the most appetizing-looking thing on the table. It was!

Momto2Ms
05-31-2009, 03:06 PM
One last NSV for the month: last night I went to dinner with my visiting parents and my father's sisters and their husbands. I come from a loooong line of unhealthy eaters, and at the table last night there was beer cheese dip, fried mozzarella, corn muffins, biscuits, garlic bread, fried catfish, burgers, fries, etc. etc. the list really does go on, I'm sad to say.

I had a huge salad of turkey, romaine, spinach, feta, pecans, cranberries and strawberries, with a little honey vinaigrette on the side. And you know, at the end of the meal everyone was talking about how my salad was really the most appetizing-looking thing on the table. It was!

Did you eat at Calhoun's by any chance? Haha... I live in Knoxville as well, and know that menu (too well)!

WTG making a good choice!

thistoo
06-01-2009, 04:13 PM
Did you eat at Calhoun's by any chance? Haha... I live in Knoxville as well, and know that menu (too well)!

WTG making a good choice!

It was Calhoun's indeed! That salad is pretty much the only thing I'll eat there. They almost made me go to the Brewery, but thankfully there was a wait for tables or I would have been in trouble. There's nothing on that menu that fits in my plan.

Jennelle
06-02-2009, 12:20 AM
Okay, it's June but I am posting here anyway.

My NSV is that I went to the gym today! :D I did 30 minutes on the treadmill. I almost talked myself out of it, but I really think that more regular exercise is going to help my weight loss.