100 lb. Club - May I Join the Club Please?

View Full Version : May I Join the Club Please?

DCHound
05-05-2009, 08:30 AM
The 100 lb club, that is?!

See ticker!

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Wow, it only took 2 months and 3 weeks to lose that last pound. That was quite a plateau, wasn't it? :dizzy:

Here's a few more :carrot: for good measure!

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Devsmama
05-05-2009, 08:39 AM
AWESOME!!!!!!!! Congrats, you rock!!!!!
:cheer2::cheer3::cheer2::cheer3::cheer2::cheer3:

Trazey34
05-05-2009, 08:41 AM
YOU LOSER!!! yayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME accomplishment!!!

Jen415
05-05-2009, 08:45 AM
YES!!!!!!!!!

Well done! :carrot::hug::carrot::hug::carrot::hug::D:D:D

midwife
05-05-2009, 08:53 AM
Woohoo!! Congrats!!! :carrot:

GirlyGirlSebas
05-05-2009, 08:54 AM
That is awesome! Congratulations!

Sandi
05-05-2009, 09:03 AM
Well of course! You certainly have earned it!! You have been added to the official list!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

:carrot::cb::cp::flow2::dancer::woohoo::cheer3: :cheer2::cheer:

dgramie
05-05-2009, 09:12 AM
AWESOME JOB!!!
Hopefully I will be able to join you soon!!

Delphi
05-05-2009, 09:23 AM
Congratulations!!! Keep up the good work!

nelie
05-05-2009, 09:48 AM
congrats!!!!

Rosinante
05-05-2009, 10:05 AM
Absolutely bloody fantastic. What a great result for all that effort!

chickiegirl
05-05-2009, 10:25 AM
Good for you DC!!! That's wonderful! Congrats!!!!!
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Judy Lynn
05-05-2009, 10:51 AM
Awesome! :dancer:

barefootnikki
05-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Congrats! Way to hang in there too!!! Enjoy :)

Numina
05-05-2009, 11:02 AM
WOO-HOOOO!

DCHound out-waited (out-weighted?) that pernicious, putrid pound of fat and it finally had to fold its slimy little tent and slink on down the road. Patience, perseverance and persistence kicks butt on that pig-headed plateau! Bye-bye, you rotten little parasite! You are unhealthy, unsightly and unwanted! Don't call us and DCHound will NOT be calling you!

You have joined the ranks of 100+ Hero Warriors, DCHound! A most excellent job done with steadfast determination and unwavering focus on your goal --- you are to be both congratulated and admired!

WOO-HOOOO!

http://www.bananas.org/images/smilies/banana_files/goteam.gifhttp://www.bananas.org/images/smilies/banana_files/goteam.gifhttp://www.bananas.org/images/smilies/banana_files/woohoonaner.gifhttp://www.bananas.org/images/smilies/banana_files/goteam.gifhttp://www.bananas.org/images/smilies/banana_files/goteam.gif

cfmama
05-05-2009, 11:10 AM
OMFREAKINGGAWD!!!!!!

i AM soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!

YES!!!! YES!!!! YES!!!!!

DCHound
05-05-2009, 11:11 AM
LMAO thank you Numina. You really have a way with words. :)

Yep, Texas Low-Carb Elimination Diet. Not one ounce of fun, but it sho do werk.

Slashnl
05-05-2009, 11:39 AM
Wow! You have done so well! Good for you!

cfmama
05-05-2009, 11:41 AM
I'm a google that for future reference ;)

and if I didn't say it enough? I am SO PROUD of you. I was talking about you to my hubby last night and saying it was so freaking cool to have a buddy that started at almost the same weight, was losing at about the same rate and who started at almost the same time. We BOTH said last night that your plateau would break soon ;)

rockinrobin
05-05-2009, 11:48 AM
You did it! You did it! You DID it!!!!! Atta girl!!! You just keep on - doing it.

I am so happy for you. What an incredible thing you have just done for yourself.

Yep, Texas Low-Carb Elimination Diet. Not one ounce of fun, but it sho do werk.

But I do have to ask you, if you don't mind? Why is your chosen method of weight loss - not fun? Are you not enjoying the foods that you're eating? Just curious.

Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS. You big loser you. :)

DCHound
05-05-2009, 12:08 PM
I was talking about you to my hubby last night and saying it was so freaking cool to have a buddy that started at almost the same weight, was losing at about the same rate and who started at almost the same time. We BOTH said last night that your plateau would break soon

Wow, keep talking!! It worked!!

Robin, I'm on Atkins. I'm staying on induction for a long time because it's safe to do so, per Dr. Atkins himself, when you have a lot to lose, and I do. Plus I am super sensitive to any carbs ~ they can trigger a binge. So my mindset is that, I'm fine with giving up, permanently, most things other people refuse to give up, like sugar and starch. I'll be able to incorporate things like some fruit back in eventually, but not for a while.

I tried Texas as a plateau-buster, since I've been plateaued for almost 3 full months. You can google and read about it (The Texas Low-Carb Elimination Diet) and I'm 110% sure you'll agree that it's not fun, but it's working. I'm just in stage one. I'll move onto the other stages, and end up with a list of foods I can enjoy and still lose weight.

I enjoy low-carb fine, Texas, not so much, but it's temporary. It's like laboratory testing to find out what works, and what doesn't. And I'm SO glad I started it because I immediately discovered, I'm allergic to decaf! It's been making my legs swell for YEARS!!! Who knew???? :)

time2lose
05-05-2009, 12:38 PM
That is wonderful!! Time to celebrate!!!

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::cp::cp::cp::cp::c p::cp:

:hat::hat::hat::hat::hat::dancer::dancer::dancer:

Tammy73
05-05-2009, 02:05 PM
What an amazing accomplishment DCHound!
100 lbs gone! You are a true inspiration.
You have shown all of us, but myself in particular, that no matter what happens, no matter how long of a stall you have, if you stick to your guns and keep your commitment to lose weight, you will get there!
Congratulations!!!

WhitePicketFences
05-05-2009, 02:25 PM
I knew this moment would be coming! Congratulations, DCHound!

You have been taking care of business, lady. Funny-sounding understatement, but you know -- you have really been taking care of business. It sounds like you have gotten so small in clothing size before pounds, you have been doing what needs to be done even when it's a somewhat grim change, just everything. You have really earned.

Save me a seat at the table (and hold the dressing on the side, please :) ).

SnowboundChick
05-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Well Done!!! Whoo! Whoo! Whoo!! Great Job! You must be so happy!!

ChocLabLover
05-06-2009, 01:22 PM
:carrot::jig::bravo::bravo::cb::cp::hat::dance::da ncer::woohoo::woohoo::cheer2::cheer3::broc::cheer: :yay::celebrate:Congratulations!

emmalee51
05-06-2009, 01:49 PM
DChound - I just want to say congratulations - that is an amazing achievement! You are already an Atkin's success story!!

Couch
05-06-2009, 07:30 PM
My contribution to the celebration,

:cheer3::cheer2::congrat:

(Am I the only one that wishes that the emoticoms included sound effects? How cool would it be if all the carrots cheered DC when she opened the page:))

Thighs Be Gone
05-06-2009, 07:33 PM
INCREDIBLE!

WOOT! WOOT!

:carrot::carrot::carrot:::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Merksie
05-11-2009, 11:42 AM
WOW WOW WOW - Congratulations!

timkerbelle
05-12-2009, 03:39 AM
That is really fantastic! Double digits to go now, well done :)
And also I have to commend you for sticking with it through a plateau like that, that takes a lot of willpower

DCHound
05-12-2009, 10:51 AM
LOL, everyone keeps accusing me of having "willpower" and I honestly do not have one drop of it. Instead of willpower I just practice avoidance. Yesterday, someone here at work brought in 3 boxes of Georgetown Cupcakes (a very popular bakery here in DC). I totally stayed out of the kitchen until they were alllllll gone. Avoidance. Works like a charm. :)

Sunrose
05-12-2009, 10:53 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :dance:

rockinrobin
05-12-2009, 11:07 AM
LOL, everyone keeps accusing me of having "willpower" and I honestly do not have one drop of it. Instead of willpower I just practice avoidance. Yesterday, someone here at work brought in 3 boxes of Georgetown Cupcakes (a very popular bakery here in DC). I totally stayed out of the kitchen until they were alllllll gone. Avoidance. Works like a charm. :)

I never thought of it that way. Avoidance? I do that quite a bit myself, now that you mention it. ;)

People have also mentioned the "willpower" thing to me. I tell them it's not a matter of will power, but of willing-ness. What I'm willing to do. I also tell them that I rely on lots of good habits. Those habits really keep me in check and keep the mindless eating/wasted calories at bay.

Way to go on "avoid"ing those yummy sounding cupcakes. I bet lots of people at work are amazed by you. You must be inspiring so many of them. :)

Smiling_Sara
05-12-2009, 11:10 AM
what an awesome accomplishment! keep up the great work!

cutebear09
05-12-2009, 11:56 AM
Good Job!! Kepp up the good work! :carrot:

Joshua from eawc
05-12-2009, 12:04 PM
Very nice job, keep up everything you're doing! You seem to have this under control. :) :)

TJFitnessDiva
05-12-2009, 12:08 PM
how did I miss this????!!!!

Congratulations girlie!!!! :hug:

DCHound
05-12-2009, 12:42 PM
I bet lots of people at work are amazed by you. You must be inspiring so many of them.

You know, one of the senior staffers resigned and her last day was last Friday. We were work friends but not really close. Well, as she was going around the hallways giving everyone their goodbye hugs, I went to check my mailbox and she had written me a card telling me how inspiring I have been to her (wow I am getting all sniffly writing about it). Just very unexpected and very, very sweet. I couldn't even talk when she gave me a good bye hug a few minutes later. In fact I couldn't even read the whole thing at work because I knew it was going to make me cry...so it's at home, and I'll read it on a day when I need some inspiration.

I really couldn't believe my good fortune when they hired me here, for a good job, with a lot of visibility and seniority, when I interviewed for it weighing nearly 400 lbs. But then after I was hired I found out that in their mission statement it explicitly states that they do not discriminate on the basis of height/weight. How cool is that? And I was far and away the largest person here until quite recently ~ and now there are *2* people on staff that I am smaller than...it's a weird feeling. One of them talks to me several times a week about low-carb/dieting etc., so I think she's becoming interested in it. I don't know about the other.

But I was thinking a couple of days ago, if this weight-loss/life-changing thing is my mid-life crisis, hey, I'll take it. :)

cfmama
05-12-2009, 08:35 PM
*hugs* I am just so proud of you. I know I've already said it but it's worth repeating :)

Jen415
05-13-2009, 09:06 AM
DC, your accomplishment is nothing short of praiseworthy. I love the inspiration you give me and others...