South Beach Diet - Newbie Saying Hello

View Full Version : Newbie Saying Hello

StarbucksJunkie528
05-04-2009, 09:58 AM
Hi Ladies ( and gents if there are any here! ) - Today I am on Day 1 of Phase 1. I really had to psych myself up, I am really not a "dieter" but the more I read about SB the more I see its a lifestyle and not so much a diet (after phase 1). In all honesty, I dont have too much to lose but I have put on about 8-10 lbs in the last 6 months. Eating A LOT of sugar lately :(

I am happy to be here, learning from you experienced Beachers. Looking forward to loosing some pounds!!!!!!!!

beachgal
05-04-2009, 01:23 PM
:welcome3: StarbucksJunkie!

Glad to have you with us. I totally agree with this:

the more I read about SB the more I see its a lifestyle and not so much a diet (after phase 1).

It's a great way to cut the sugar out. And, thankfully, with the yummy SF syrups and fat-free milk at Starbucks, you can continue that habit, too! ;)

Kim_Star060404
05-04-2009, 02:30 PM
Welcome to the forum, StarbucksJunkie! I can completely understand your username and am nothing but thankful that the nearest Starbucks is 2.5+ hours from our house! :D

I agree with you and Laurie about this being a lifestyle, not a diet. I'm on Day 1 of Phase 1 as well, so we'll be moving along at the same pace. (I do have a lot more than 10 lbs. to lose, though.) Be sure to jump into our daily chat and Phase 1 chat. They're great places to find lots of great tips and motivation!!

jenne1017
05-04-2009, 04:11 PM
:welcome:

For my 4th time around I am on Phase 1 (Day 4) and am doing well. I followed SBD for 3 months successfully moving into Phase 2 for the first time and loved it. Hence why I am back! Good luck and hope to see you posting!

murphmitch
05-04-2009, 06:10 PM
Welcome to South Beach. I had similar stats to yours & SB has been a lifesaver for me. I wish I had found this way of eating a long time ago. Wishing you luck. :welcome2:

cottagebythesea
05-04-2009, 06:47 PM
:welcome3: to The Beach, StarbucksJunkie! We look forward to getting to know you!

StarbucksJunkie528
05-05-2009, 09:04 AM
Wow, thank you all for the warm welcome and support! Gearing up for Day 2!

SmilesIowa
05-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Hey there fellow newbie! I hope day two is going good! So far so good here.