LA Weight Loss - LAWL Losers and Friends May 4th-10th

Repo girl
05-04-2009, 09:09 AM
Morning everyone! I hope you all had an awesome weekend.

Jillian- I hope that Xanthia loves to sleep through the night, and that you are feeling well!

JerseyMadchen
05-04-2009, 10:18 AM
Hey guys!

Happy Monday! (ok, I hate Mondays too!)

Gained 3 of the 5lbs back, but that's ok. Am back OP today. I am moving in less than two weeks so I am trying to eat everything I can out of my pantry and fridge/freezer. We're moving quite a distance so stuff can't be out of there that long.

Anyways, last official day of classes today. I have one more to go. I have to turn in a project and a paper then I am done.

Hoochie
05-04-2009, 10:39 AM
Oh I got on my scale today and I am up 4 pounds, not sure what has happened. I just know I am going the wrong direction. I exercised 4 days last week. Its a good thing I did or I might have been up 6 pounds.
I am going to start writing everything down that I eat again because I am obviously putting more in my mouth than I think.

How are you doing Jillian, getting any sleep??? Are your kids excited about their new little sister?

Aghhhh its Monday.......

lizababe
05-04-2009, 11:44 AM
Ladies, maybe we should ban stepping on that scale on Monday mornings... mine was not kind to me either :(

Then again, I'd be good with banning Mondays altogether. Is there some unwritten law that I am not allowed to get a decent night of sleep going into Monday? Coz it happens every time... I finish folding laundry and cleaning up and then look at the clock and it's 1AM. Also, if there's going to be a night to wake up to hot flashes (sorry Dan) that's the one!

I'm tired and grumpy. At least my food is already prepared for the day.

Hoochie
05-04-2009, 12:06 PM
Liza- Yup I am all about banning Monday morning weigh ins!

Mama Nicole
05-04-2009, 12:18 PM
Good morning friends :)

Congrats Jillian!!!!! Xanthia is beautiful :) I am happy your labor and delivery were short. So far, she sounds like a dream baby :) How are the two of you doing today?

Well, we are back from Wisconsin, and I am trying to stay positive about eating, unpacking, and getting my house together. I am pretty blah though. I have stayed OP for the most part.....and POP so far today. I am not goin g to WI for a few days......simply cuz I don't really care what that ba$tard sclae has to say. I am being healthy, and I am waiting for my pants to get looser........end of story.

I hope you all have a POP monday :)
XOXO

JLem311
05-04-2009, 01:02 PM
hey everyone. just thought i'd check in really quick. Xanthia is doing great and already has a nickname---little miss piggy! ;) she eats so well! she had her first check-up today and has gained 8oz in 4 days! ha. so she now weighs 7lbs 12oz. she's super adorable and loves to be cuddled. she's sleeping ok, but needs to be held at night for a bit, so i've been sleeping on the couch with her for a few hours. i had to do the same with Julia, so it's ok. DH is absolutely in love with her and is adjusting nicely and has been such a great help. he has the week off with me too.
the kids came to visit on friday and saturday while i was still at the hospital..they love their new sister! i'm going to pick them up today after DD gets out of school, so we can spend a few hours together.
i'm doing ok too. just still a bit sore from my surgery, but other than that, doing quite well.
i have tons of pics that i've taken already and will post a few later today or tomorrow when i have more time.

i'm gonna try and catch a nap before i have to go and get the kids.

JLem311
05-04-2009, 01:04 PM
ps..i put a new pic of Xanthia in my profile. :)

Repo girl
05-04-2009, 01:29 PM
Oh Jillian, she is darling! I am glad to hear that you are all doing well.

Nicole- So did Maria stay in Wisconsin?

Kristinx
05-04-2009, 04:00 PM
What a cutie...I can't wait to have babies! haha

So I had a bit of a lightbulb moment this weekend....My BF was going out to a stag party Friday night, so I was going to be home alone, no problem right? So I make my own plans for the evening....and those plans were lay on the couch and eat all my favorite junk foods! Like I was actually planning days before this night what kind of junk I would eat. I realized I do this almost whenever I am alone....like food is my best friend....I thought I was over that a long time ago when I lost weight....clearly I am not...not good.

The first step to fixing it is realizing that I am doing it I guess..I guess I didn't realize it as I am rarely alone for a night on a weekend (and weekends are the only time I allow myself to go oof plan) but wow....I was eating more just because I had to get those treats in that night....

Obviously I have more than just an issue of being overweight....I have an eating disorder....yikes!

cecil
05-04-2009, 05:37 PM
I do that too Kristen! Like when I have already been bad for the day sometimes I try to fit in as much as possible because I know I am back on plan the next day. Sometimes I think like that and sometimes I don't. mostly don't but sometimes for some reason I am craving badly! HA!

BarbaraB
05-04-2009, 08:01 PM
Oh Jillian, How precious she looks. My DD was the exact same weight, which is about perfect.

sweetandspicy
05-05-2009, 08:24 AM
Good Tuesday Morning to everyone. At least monday is over. if the rain would pass it would be easier to tolerate Tuesday!!

I am the same no loss/no gain. Kind of frustrating but I am doing my very best to stay on plan. I walked with my son yesterday. Each class had to walk as long as they could to raise money for a classmate who has cancer. It was very inspiring to see children so passionate about an important cause. I walked with both of my sons, one K and on 3rd grader and also ended up walking with my nephew a 1st grader. I tell you there is nothing more motivating than to see small children very ill walking to support each other. I made it the entire 6 miles without stopping eventhough i continually got teary eyed. I think they raised a lot of money and a local radio station made a donation to help cover the medical bills that insurance will not cover. REally puts into perspective for me that I have 6 healthy children. Keeps me motivated to exercise and stay healthy.

I hope everyone has a wonderful on plan day!!

Jillian- what a beautiful baby girl.

amylou7777
05-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Morning friends! Proud to report a 1lb loss since last week! I am thrilled to see that scale go down. I tried on wedding dresses again yesterday and I think I found the one. Right now I have two that I love, but the one from yesterday was exactly what I've been looking for! I'm going to one more place tonight just to check it out but I need to order my dress by the weekend! I'm excited!

Jillian! You sound so good. she is just absolutely precious and I'm so glad dh has some time off to spend with you guys. the more pics the better!!

Nicole-no more blah! You will be feeling great in no time. eating healthy is all that matters-that scale is a lying b*st*rd anyway! ;)

Amy6-what a great thing to do!

Kristin-I can definietly relate. When I'm worried about something, or trying to make an important decision I just stand in the kitchen and eat, eat, eat. Like that's how I think or something? I'll catch myself zoning out with leftover pizza in my mouth and think, what on earth am I doing?! We've just got to catch ourselves!

Amy-good luck with packing etc! I bet you are so excited!

Hi to everyone I missed! Let's have a great tuesday!

Mama Nicole
05-05-2009, 10:06 AM
Good morning friends :)

I have put my ticker back up. No more denying the truth. I have had a good two week trend with very little weekend melt down.......so, bring on summer :)

Katie........I wish she was in Wisconsin, but no. DD asked for two more weeks to save $$$ without having to pay childcare and to get things settled. I wanted to say no, but if this is what will make her feel more comfortable and secure, then that is fine. Two weeks is a very short time in the grand scheme of things. I think I am finally starting to realize that DD is a grown-up and that little things like this arent' really going to make her or not make her be responsible. So.......we shall see :)

Ok, have to get some work done..........Jillian......I just love your baby :)

More later :)
XOXO

Kimphin
05-05-2009, 10:13 AM
Hey guys!

Anyways, last official day of classes today. I have one more to go. I have to turn in a project and a paper then I am done.

My last day of class too! Now I remember the feeling from college...bliss!

I am doing a TO, today's the last day (had to keep myself from celebrating cinco de mayo). So far so good. I have definitely de-bloated.

Kristen and Cecilia - I do the same things! And I find that the more unhappy I get, the worse I do it. I do believe that once you recognize that something is an issue, you are on the road to changing it, so let's work at that!

almsthere
05-05-2009, 10:58 AM
Hey, all! I added exercise and that seemed to break the slump! Now, I think I did something to my back...or it is definately my mattress. I don't think I turned over at all last night...I was so tired! Am also adjusting my portions..not taking in so much food but really striving for the important ones!

Anyway, my free time is over...baby is up from morning nap! I tell ya, I can never get on here to chat! :)

lizababe
05-05-2009, 11:45 AM
Good morning everyone!

Jillian I love that avatar.. makes me want to kiss her little face all over! But it looks like you're already doing that. Do it some more for me!

I know it's only been a week since I officially started and did the TO, stayed POP, exercised more, etc. I'm up 5 lbs since I started. I'm concerned, but faithful that I'll figure it out. The first time I did LAWL I lost from day one. Second time when they changed the plans, didn't lose at all. I'm using the plans that I saved from the last time of LAWL and fitday as well as some other calorie and exercise calculators. I'll just keep "tweaking" it until I get it right.

I thought for sure I'd be down on the scale this morning too. I had to get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and had to run in there this morning when I woke up. I'd hate to see what that scale was before I let go of all of that water!

I do feel better though. Yesterday my mood and energy level surprised me. Considering how little sleep I got, I thought for sure I was in for a very long day and would be exhausted. For once, I wasn't and had enough energy to take the dog out and climb that hill when I got home from work. Yay!

Stay POP everyone and have a great day!

JerseyMadchen
05-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Hey guys!

I have just enough time to stop in and say hey! I haveto run to school for a while for a review session. I don't really need i, but I figured it wouldn't hurt! It's for Management Science for those business people! A bunch of math! I LOVE it!

Tonight my mom, younger brother and sister are comingfor homemade Olive Garden!! Food Network magazine each month copies a restaurant favorite, and this time is their salad and breadsticks! YUM!! I'll let you know how it turns out!

Well, gotta run- have a great OP day guys!

Mama Nicole
05-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Oh, Jersey Amy.........I must have those recipes :) Olive Garden salad is my absolute favorite.

Congrats to you and Kim on your last day of class.

Jillian.......so glad DH was able to take the week off. How did he do during the birth? It is always interesting to see how they actually react, after nine months of thinking you know.

Well, TOM is here, and I guess that is why I was so blah yesterday. I am pretty happy though, cuz my sclae was down this a.m.....two pounds since last week.......and that is pretty amazing considering I was out of town at a wedding this weekend, and TOM came.

Liza........you have a good attitude. Just eating well makes ya feel so much better, doesn't it? The sclae will move, keep up the good work.

Ok, time to clean while baby Mia is still asleep :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
05-05-2009, 01:16 PM
I am doing a TO, today's the last day (had to keep myself from celebrating cinco de mayo). So far so good. I have definitely de-bloated.

Wow, who knew you were Mexican :)

BarbaraB
05-05-2009, 03:39 PM
Happy Cinco de mayo... makes me want a margarita or a corona.. which I won't be having.

I attempted a TO on Sunday and Monday, and was not terribly successful at it. Oh well, I'll try it again in two weeks. Yesterday I was fairly on TO, except for some wine, which I got my wine club delivery and just could not resist. On sunday my DH decided that he felt that he needed birthday cake afterall, so I ate cake with him. Which is not on TO for sure.

Cecilia and Kristen, food is such a hard friend to snub.... as sometimes it feels that I am snubbing the cup cakes and cookies when I have always loved them so.... but you know... they are kind of toxic friends. Hang around with them more than just once in a blue moon and you are going to be sick and fat and likely more unhappy.

sweetandspicy
05-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Hungry girls berry margarita recipe just in time for cinco de mayo

3/4 cup Sprite Zero (or any diet lemon-lime soda)
One shot (1.5 oz.) tequila
One serving (half a packet or 1/8th of a tub) sugar-free strawberry powdered drink mix (any variety, like Crystal Light Strawberry-Kiwi (http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?ie=UTF8&keywords=B001EQ4GUO&tag=hunggirltipst-20&index=blended&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325) or Energy Wild Strawberry (http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?ie=UTF8&keywords=B001E52VJS&tag=hunggirltipst-20&index=blended&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325))
4 frozen unsweetened strawberries
2 tbsp. lime juice
1 cup crushed ice or 5 - 8 ice cubes
Optional Garnish: lime wedge

Directions:
Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend until uniform and slushy.

Pour into a nice glass and, if you like, garnish with a wedge of lime.

Drink up!

Hope everyone has a safe and Happy cinco de Mayo:flow2:

Hoochie
05-05-2009, 06:04 PM
Amy M- I need one of those drinks tonight!! maybe more

I am having such a crappy day. Its a recession and I am giving raises and my staff aren't happy with the small raises..Good God, most places have wage freezes and are losing their jobs and I am being told how unfair I am. It sucks owing a business some days!!!

Sorry I just needed to vent.......who gets upset when they get a raise!!!!aghhhh

Jacque9999
05-05-2009, 06:49 PM
ps..i put a new pic of Xanthia in my profile. :)

She's ADORABLE!!!! I hadn't seen you online but I think I wasn't in the forums you are in...how's it going???

Kimphin
05-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Wow, who knew you were Mexican :)

Irish-Mexican?

JLem311
05-05-2009, 07:58 PM
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/sisters.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/mommyandbaby.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/aww.jpg

hey everyone! things are going well. Xanthia is doing great and we're doing pretty well with adjusting to having a new baby in the house.

here's a few pics. one is of Julia holding her sister (i don't like to say step-sister) for the first time! one is of me the day we came home from the hospital and the other we took of her sleeping yesterday.

ps..sorry the photos are so big.

Mama Nicole
05-05-2009, 09:57 PM
Oh, Jillian...........I love your big pics :) And for the record........my kids don't call each other half sisters and brothers.........they are all sisters and brothers.......without a doubt :)
XOXO

lizababe
05-06-2009, 12:01 AM
Hoochie... I would take that raise gladly. We all got 5% paycuts and were told to be grateful we didn't lose our jobs :(

Jillian... she is just so beautiful! And you are gorgeous!

So I had no plans to do anything for Cinco De Mayo today as I never do. Then one of my co-workers brought in the goodies for margaritas and I had two. Darnit. It did make the afternoon a little more fun though...

Tonight we are having chicken soft tacos and making them OP.

sweetandspicy
05-06-2009, 08:19 AM
Good Wednesday Morning to you all. According to the weather I should be home building my Ark however I am at work instead praying things will not flood. We live in a very restricted area close to the mountains where it is prone to flooding however the local city planning does not prepare for such natural disasters as they do not occur on a regular basis. We are lucky in that our home is on a hill and has a pump in the garage to prevent such flooding.

I am doing well on staying on plan. Yesterday was the first day I had no carbs/starches after 3pm and it worked out ok but all i could think about was popcorn but I resisted. I am also going to limit my dairy in hopes that my allergies have added to my weight plateau. All of this is just my own theories. I hope it works though.

Has anyone watched the show cook yourself thin? It comes on lifetime and I DVR'd the first episode and it was great. It showed you how to prepare your favorite food and replace certain things to bring the calorie,fat and carb s down. They made cupcakes with zuccini and mirange(not sure how to spell it) icing, califlower and mashed potatoes and veggie lasagna. It was amazing how much the calories went down. Now I have no idea how it would taste but the concept was great.

jillian- your baby girl is precious. her big sister looks very proud and i agree totally with Nicole just go with siblings not worry about steps and halfs.

Hoochie- I am sure it is tough being an employer right now but everyone is right all companies are making cuts left and right and most employes are getting pay cuts not any kind of raises at all.

Hope everyone survived Cinco de mayo and has a wonderful Wednesday!!

JLem311
05-06-2009, 10:00 AM
morning all. just thought i'd pop in quick while i had the chance.
DH and I had our first corona's last night since the beginning of Aug last year. :) it was nice and now we're both cheap dates! ha! it was nice to relax on the couch together for a few hours while XJR slept.

anyways..just wanted to say hi. i'll try and check in later.

oh and get this--i had a phone call on my phone on friday morning while i was still at the hosptial and guess who it was from? LAWL! trying to get me to come back as a client! ha. the day after i have a baby! too funny. i don't plan on calling them back, unless i have too hard of a time getting started on my own, but i'm waiting until my 6wk check up to "officially" start back up.
so we'll see.

Repo girl
05-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Joan- Well, I for one, would love to work for you!! It's just that the commute would be a b$tch!

sweetandspicy
05-06-2009, 12:02 PM
I just wanted to add that you can go to Lifetime.com and get the recipes from the show "Cook yourself thin" I just found about 6 recipes I would like to try and it has some great tips and ideas as well.

Hoochie
05-06-2009, 12:40 PM
Thank Liza, Amy M and Katie! I wish you could come work for me Katie but you are right, it would be a **** of a drive. haha
I feel better today. It was just very frustrating yesterday. I look at the cinsumer index report and its at 3.2% so I thought I was doing good with raises. Here I go again--venting!
Today I am going to be happy and just forget about it. Life goes on!!!
Jillian, those are some great pictures! Thanks for sharing them with us! She reallly is adorable. Good for you having a corona or two last night. I would have done the same thing!
Have a great day everyone!

Joan

Jacque9999
05-06-2009, 03:20 PM
oh and get this--i had a phone call on my phone on friday morning while i was still at the hosptial and guess who it was from? LAWL!

Glad you had some time with the hubby....I'm confused, I thought LAWL went out of business.

JLem311
05-06-2009, 03:44 PM
the center where i live is still open. i haven't been there since i moved back and then i only went a few times because i was doing great on my own.
i doubt i'll go back.

Jacque9999
05-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Jillian...I'm sure you will bounce back in no time...enjoy that bundle of joy!!

BarbaraB
05-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Jillian, Step sisters are related only by marriage and not by blood at all, and your babies are all related through you, so sister is just fine in my book. Even if half sister is the more techinical term, and at some point your children will understand that, but at their age, sister is just fine, and being in close contact with each other is the difference between feeling someone is your sister or not, so as long as they spend time together growing up, they will feel like sisters and brothers.... I have people I still call my step sister and brother even though our parents have beed divorced for eons now. It is the relationship that counts...

They have candy in the lunch room, and I subcumbed to the lure of the reece's peanut butter cup. I may have to do an elliptical trainer penalty for that transgressions... Nothing like making yourself sweat off those calories to make you think, not worth it next time.

Kristinx
05-06-2009, 11:18 PM
I just wanted to pop by and say I am still here. Been working long hours this week...it is North American Occupational Safety and Health week so I have been putting on all kinds of activites for my employees. Plus I sold my car and am shopping for a new one! Exciting! But busy....Still doing the best I can diet wise...though not eating much or getting enough water in...lost my weekend gain but I'm sure the lack of food and water this week will bite me in the *** later lol:devil:

sweetandspicy
05-07-2009, 11:29 AM
Good thursday to you all. I hope everyone is doing well. This has been a very slow week. I am ready for Friday. The kids are all trying out for sports and finishing up last minute things for school so it is a very hectic time for everyone I am sure. :rolleyes:

Foodwise I have been doing very well. I went over some recipes and am going to pre-cook somethings this weekend. I have been doing well limiting my carbs and not eating any carbs after 3pm. It is getting easier no more dreams of popcron. Although today all I have thought about are ricecakes and of course I have none. I have put an end to my obsession with ice cream last night I had some soy frozen yogurt concoction and it was horrible. So i decided if I can't eat the good stuff I will not eat any at all. We will see how long that last.:cheese:

Exercise I have been on track this week. i did 30min cardio on Sunday and Tuesday and walked monday and wednesday. Tonight I am going to try to do some body sculpting or cardio again. my goal is to work out 5 times a week. just some sort of exercise get my heartrate up and burn some calories.
:dancer:
So for the best news I have been on LA for 9 weeks today. last i weighed I have lost a total of 15.4 pounds below average but ok for me. But the good news is I have lost 7 inches. 2 in my bust, 2 in waist and 3 in the hips. The bust is the most obvious as the office perverts have noticed. But hey at least I can wear my pre-baby bras now which is great and a money saver.Sorry if that was tmi. Anyways it encourages me to continue to diet.:goodvibes

Hope everyone has a terrific thursday!!!

Mama Nicole
05-07-2009, 11:44 AM
Hooray for Amy M!!!! A downward trend is what gets you there. I think anyone who has made it to goal will attest to that :)

I am having a much better day today. Yesterday was awful.......I was so tired, my sinuses were hurting, and I was pretty much useless all day.....well, as useless as one can be with 5 kids. Anyway......today is already a bit more successful than yesterday, so I am happy.

I wasn't POP yesterday, but I was close enough. I am looking for the downward trend on my sclae........and I am trying to retrain my brain from the all or nithing mentality it is sooo used to. Baby steps, right?

I think this week just flew by........I can hardley believe it is Thurs. already. Anyway, I need to get to work. Keep working hard everyone......WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!
XOXO

jewljz
05-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Well hello everyone  Some of you I’ve been able to keep up with on FB, I’ve been around here a little, lurking sometimes, not feeling like I have anything to contribute… Most times I try to get in and for some reason the site doesn’t come up or its reallllllly slow and I get discouraged. Don’t know if it’s the server here at work or what. When I can get in I try to catch up on what’s going on with everyone and then never get to the end! This is a pretty slow week so I was able to catch up – although there’s so much going on that I won’t do personals, except this one:

Congratulations Jillian, your baby is adorable!

So, I’ve pretty much maintained my loss… right now I’m up a couple of pounds (2lbs), but its like I’ve fallen into eating good all week and then eating whatever the heck is around on the weekends, so I go up and then it comes down again. I’ve really started working out on a regular basis, even running during my son’s soccer practice, but now soccer is over so I’ll have more time for the gym. I also started weight training, my DH bought a weight bench so I’ve been doing some exercises daily and I also learned that I can now do PUSHUPS! I haven’t been able to do those in years and now I can do 20 at a time!

I’m counting down to Memorial Day, the 1st bathing suit weekend of the season for me… so I’ll see how many workouts I can get in before then!

Keep at it everyone!

Mama Nicole
05-07-2009, 02:05 PM
Hi Julie :)

Guys, I am bored. Why doens't eveyone post some new pictures for my viewing pleasure.
xoxo

Kimphin
05-07-2009, 02:55 PM
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8dd22b3127ccec3d244d8513800000010O08QatXLhu3cg9 vPgg/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Like this?

Kimphin
05-07-2009, 02:56 PM
Well, now that Xanthia is here, I need to remove my "Baby Lemons" ticker and start a new ticker.

Vacation ticker, here we come!

Hoochie
05-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Why did you put that picture up Kim? Now I want to go on a hot holiday. I guess I am going camping for 4 days soon but that pool looks much nicer!!

Joan

JLem311
05-07-2009, 05:39 PM
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/resting.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/sleep.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/sleepy.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/nappingondaddy.jpg

Jacque9999
05-07-2009, 05:53 PM
Hi Julie :)

Guys, I am bored. Why doens't eveyone post some new pictures for my viewing pleasure.
xoxo

What kind of pics would you like to see? I got THOUSANDS!!!

Why did you put that picture up Kim? Now I want to go on a hot holiday. I guess I am going camping for 4 days soon but that pool looks much nicer!!

Yeah that looked sooooooo nice. But I am in the process of planning our family vacay over New Year's Eve and it looks like we will be taking a cruise to the caribbean!! At least I have that to look forward too....and that's about all I have to look forward to right now. Don't even have plans for summer. Gotta wait 6 months for some fun!!!

JLem311 I want to squeeze those cheeks!!! Enjoy her!!! I'm sure you are.

Mama Nicole
05-07-2009, 06:29 PM
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8dd22b3127ccec3d244d8513800000010O08QatXLhu3cg9 vPgg/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

Like this?
Heck yeah, just like this........love it!!!! Kim, you crack me up..........it's almost as if we are twins......we come up with these new goals, new time lines......and then we erase them and with all the enthusiasm in the world, post a new goal.....:lol:. Gotta love it!!!!

Jillian........your baby is giving me the fever!!! Especially that last one of her napping on what I am assuming is DH's chest, with her little baby bootie up in the air. Adorable :) Thanks for that heartwarming smile :) I knew you'd come through for me.

Ok, time to finish dinner.....my humble attempt at chicken stir fry with frozen veggies..........might be kinda mushy.....but it's time to get all that food from the freezer used up before it gets icky.
XOXO

JerseyMadchen
05-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Hey guys,

Just checking in!

I had a little breakdown between yesterday and about an hour ago. I talked to the university I am planning on transferring to and they told me that I need to go there about 2-3 years to get my degree. AHH!!! I only have about 1 year or less at Rutgers now.

So, I stressed about where I was going to live, etc. THen I talked to the head of Admissions for Transfers today and everything's going to be ok! It will take me about a year, but that's ok. I also learned that I can take classes in the fall which I didn'tknow I could! I will also work part time for the VEC, the Virginia Employment Commission. GOod state job to go back to after I graduate!

Well, one final down, Management Science. TOmorrow is World Masterpieces. I have to write an in class essay about Chaucer's Canterbury Tales. It's not that bad, I am not worried.

BTW, the Olive Garden recipes are to DIE for. Nicole- I will get it to you when I can, I have had no time to do anything. It was their salad dressing and breadsticks recipe that I am talking about. YUM.

I am picky with salad dressings, but would eat salad every day with this!!

Well, off to study more and watch Grey's!!

Have a great night guys!

Jacque9999
05-07-2009, 08:04 PM
JerseyMadchen My son hates my cooking but I got the Chicken Marsala recipe from OG and he LOVES it!!!

BarbaraB
05-07-2009, 09:52 PM
Ooh... I love the Olive Garden, but that could be dangerous to my waistline..

Jillian, What a totally sweet baby. I just want to hold her and love her.

Kim, Where is that photo taken from? I think I need to go there... Maybe next year after my DD graduates from college...

Nicole, You still have that adorable grand baby to love for a bit more yet....

Kimphin
05-08-2009, 09:00 AM
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8dd22b3127ccec3d3df9b31e200000010O08QatXLhu3cg9 vPgg/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D720/ry%3D480/

Sandals Negril, Jamaica.

We ALL need to go there....

NJAmy - What great news! Glad it is all working out.

Nicole - Let's try it again, shall we? LOL - These tickers never look quite the way I want them to (and by that I mean having the slider over to the RIGHT!) Maybe I should ticker in 2 lb increments)

Jillian - Love, Love, Love the pictures! Which reminds me - Nicole, we haven't seen any Maria pictures in a while....

Jaque - What ship are you guys going on? I love cruising almost as much as Jamaica.

sweetandspicy
05-08-2009, 09:14 AM
I am so glad it is Friday this week slowly gone by. It is raining like crazy here and it is so dark outside they are expecting severe thunderstorms again today. Not excatly May weather I miss that sunshine.:rain:

I went to the doctor with my son yesterday to get his sports physical and i asked if I would weigh and ofcourse they let me and I was down 2 pounds. I am not going to change my ticker as I am afraid with scale fluctuations it might be different on Saturday and of course TOM is knocking on the door to come visit. Anyway I have exercised every night this week and got my husband to walk with me and he asked me twice to slow down and i thought that was hilarious as I had not even broke a sweat and did not realize he was eating my dust...:running:

Jillian- your baby girl is so precious and i too am having that feeling. but no more babies for me. I will just have to enjoy yours via pictures.:bb:

Nicole- I tried to load some pictures they said they were to big so i will have to figure out how to downsize them

Kim- that is a beautiful picture and exactly what I needed to see today as outside here it is gloom and doom.:beach:

AmyNJ- it sounds like verything is going to work out great for you. Great news on the job sounds like a wonderful oppurtunity. Goodluck with your exams.:goodluck:

jewljz
05-08-2009, 10:09 AM
Nicole - I've been doing the same thing - cleaning out the freezer... I didn't realize how much stuff I had in there... I've got enough for 2 weeks of dinners and I've still been shopping every week! I need to get organized!

Kim - I love the idea of 2lb tickers!!!

Jillian - your pics even make ME want to have babies... and I don't want anymore babies!

Amy - so glad that everything worked in your favor with school!

everyone else - HI - Happy Friday :) (I will not overeat this weekend, I will not overeat this weekend, I will not overeat this weekend)

JLem311
05-08-2009, 10:24 AM
morning all. just thought i'd stop by and say hi. things are the same around here..just taking care of Xanthia and trying to adjust to new parent life. she's a pretty calm baby overall. barely crying, fussing; unless she needs something--food, diaper change or burp. other than that..she's pretty mellow. still in that whole sleeping most of the time phase.
thanks for all the comments on her pics...she's pretty freakin' adorable. i think we'll keep her! ;) ha!

ok..gonna go and catch up on a few things and enjoy another cup of coffee with the hubby.

Repo girl
05-08-2009, 10:40 AM
Morning everyone! The sun is shining, and it looks like it is going to be really nice today! We have had a really windy week. I really need to plant my rasberries. Some really nice people from our local Freecycle group gave us raspberries and strawberry starts. I am so excited for both! Our garden is going to be insanely big this year. I might have to get all of your addresses so that I can mail you zuchinni, LOL.

Jillian- She is just darling, I love that stinkbug position she was sleeping in. How are you feeling?

AmyM- Hilarious about you seriously outwalking your DH.

Kimphin
05-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Katie - I love raspberries! Oh, I see zucchini-everything in your future meal planning! Same goes with tomatoes... one day you are praying for a homegrown tomato, and then BAM! ya got tomatoes all over the place. Good luck with the gardening.

lizababe
05-08-2009, 11:15 AM
TGIF! Good morning everyone!

Jillian, I love that phase and I'm so happy to see you with your little baby girl. Give those soft cheeks some more kisses from me!

Amy M - I think we stole your sunny weather. The other night when I left work it felt like someone was pointing a giant hair dryer at us.. HOT and windy.

Where is Dan? I'm wondering if some of his firemen are over here helping with the Santa Barbara fire?

Hi Katie, Barbara, Nicole, Kim, Jersey Amy and everyone else!

I'm still not down any weight, but it's only been a little over a week. Having 4 liquid starches probably didn't help. I still feel great though. I was never a real big believer in supplements but they really are making a big difference in my mood. I've been in a terrible mood at work for a long time since picking up more responsibilities and a lot of stress. I still have those, but now I just get everything done and the stress isn't affecting me.

It better affect me a little though... I gotta get off of this computer and hustle to work! Have a great day and weekend everyone.

JLem311
05-08-2009, 11:44 AM
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/bigbrother.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/bigsister.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/sleepygirl.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/sleepygirl2.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/whataface.jpg

Mama Nicole
05-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Thank you for sharing your baby with us, Jillian. Noone can possibly stay in a bad mood with this kind of 3FC content. :) Keep them coming :)

My kids have a half day today, so we are chillin', watching Hotel For Dogs. 6 yo DS coaxed me into watching it with him. One of the perks of being an insane SAHM to a pile of kids........ :)

I have company coming this tonight, for the weekend, but it is just my brother's girlfriend. She is coming her to escape life for a few days. Must be rough for her if she chooses a rockin' house like ours for some R&R....lol. She is a good friend and it should be fun.

Amylou......ae we going to get any sneak peaks of your top wedding dress picks? We could all vote, you know. Pictures of you in the dress would be so fun :)

Ok, have to pay attention to the movie now.........be back later :)
XOXO
P.S. Katie.;;I am so jealous of your berries...........I would love to plant some, but we just don't have enough room.......

Jacque9999
05-09-2009, 01:13 PM
Jaque - What ship are you guys going on? I love cruising almost as much as Jamaica.

The newest Holland America - Eurodam. Can't wait...but the trip is 7 months away:(

JLem311

She is just so darn cute!!!! I know no one who has a little one now that I see but a girl at work just told me she is preggers...so I will have an opportunity to hold a baby...the next time will probably be when I become a grandmother...and that better NOT be soon.

lizababe
05-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Just want to say Happy Mother's Day to all of you pretty Mama's! Hope you're enjoying the kiddos who give us a reason to celebrate this day!

JLem311
05-10-2009, 08:16 PM
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/sillykids.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/mylittleman.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/mygirl.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/kids.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/daddyandhisgirl.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/mothersdaypic.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/passedout.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e161/hotwife1221/tummytime.jpg

JLem311
05-10-2009, 08:20 PM
hope everyone has had a good weekend and happy mother's day to all the mom's! :)

i had a nice morning, former dh invited us over for breakfast, so we got to spend a few hours with the kids today and then dh and i went and got a few groceries after that. i've had a headache since i woke up this morning and it progressively got worse over the day..i think it was because i didn't have any caffeine this morning--but it's weird because that's never happened to me before, but i made an iced latte about an hour ago just to see if that's what it was..and now my headache is gone. weird. anyways..just thought i'd post more pictures for everyone to enjoy.