Weight Loss Support - The power of LAZINESS

View Full Version : The power of LAZINESS

Kery
05-04-2009, 06:13 AM
Just so that you guys get a good laugh out of this. :D

I used to love pizza. Actually, I still enjoy it. I would have pizza every two or three days at the most. Of course, it was *a little too much* for someone who tends to gain on weight easily.

Fast-forward to now. I live in a studio apartment, and I can't have a real, large-size oven in my kitchenette. In order to have pizza, I therefore had to buy a small oven, about the size of a microwave oven, and place it on a low cupboard. And since I don't have much room, I tend to pile up a lot of things on top of the oven, among which my basket of fruits and my electric rice cooker.

Guess where I'm going?

I never cook pizza anymore because using the oven would mean having to get the rice cooker, the basket and all the rest down to put them on the bed. And I'm just too lazy to do that.

Morals of the story: sometimes, laziness can be a real asset. :D

yoyoma
05-04-2009, 06:54 AM
Lol, good point! Convenience really does make a huge difference. Keep those low calorie healthy foods handy!

EZMONEY
05-04-2009, 09:57 AM
Nice to see you KERY :hug:

I hope to know you as the lazziest person I have ever met! ;)

Betony
05-04-2009, 11:12 AM
That's funny! I love pizza too, but my oven doubles as a storage space for extra pots/pans...now I just need to convince myself that I'm too lazy to drag all that stuff out to make one (and that I am incapable of dialing Pizza Hut, oh PH my nemesis...)! :D

Lovely91
05-04-2009, 11:21 AM
Hahaha, that gave me a good laugh!!

JulieJ08
05-04-2009, 11:58 AM
Cute. I actually use pizza about once a week for a healthy treat - I've been using whole wheat pita bread but want to move to a real crust, but still whole wheat. Marinara and lots of veggies - still healthy. A moderate amount of cheese - I find I've lost my taste for a big gooey mass of cheese. :)

discdodon1980
05-04-2009, 01:37 PM
WOW!!!

That story is funny Kerry :D . I feel good now to know there is at least one other person as lazy out there as me!!! LOL :) But for Pizza I think I will do anything!!! I worked at a pizza place for ten years and use to eat it three times a day!!!! It is what got me in this place I'm in now!!!! But I have realized that I must keep pizza away from me and just have it every one and a while. I"M ADDICTED TO PIZZA!!! :o I cant just stop at one piece, and I can eat a whole large and ask myself where did it go!!! It is one of those foods where I just don't ever get the "full" feeling from it!!! I just have to be very carefull when I eat it and make sure I don't eat the whole pizza thats in front of me. Just like everything else I have to chang my mindset towards it as well in order to beat the battle of the bulge!!!

Again thanks for the great posting!!! LOL I wish I could be that lazy towards PIZZA!!! :)

Jeannette311
05-04-2009, 03:47 PM
LOL! I would just order out all the time!!! *cuts up credit cards*

KEmery08
05-04-2009, 03:58 PM
See, I'm similar to you in this way ... & I also hate talking on the phone, so I never order pizza! :) If DH wants it, he has to call ... & he doesn't like to call either.

Kery
05-05-2009, 07:19 AM
Oh yes, I could probably order, but it never occurs to me (good thing to be that dumb :D), and it's way too expensive (I'd have to pay like 9 euros for a pizza... definitely not worth it).

Delphi
05-05-2009, 08:06 AM
:lol:

Too funny! Well that definitely proves that at times, having a lazy moment can be quite beneficial. Luckily I have a side by side refrigerator, so no pizza boxes will even fit in the freezer, hence me never buying them. ;)

ICUwishing
05-05-2009, 08:29 AM
I've used whole-wheat English muffins with pizza toppings before. Portion control is there, and they can be produced very quickly under the broiler or in a toaster oven. And pizza sauce can be frozen in ice cube trays - it only takes one cube per muffin half!