Old 05-03-2009, 09:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/199/150

Height: 5'6

Question is Medifast really a good choice

I have to do something.
I am fat ,gross and turkey necked. I have no will power left.

I have don't evey diet on the planet.
I know its all exercise and portion control.
Nutasystem tastes icky.Is medifast like Nutrasystem?
Please help me. Or SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT TO DO!
cartp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:21 AM   #2  
Operator265

I don't tell anyone else what to do. Sorry. But, I will advise that if you can't handle icky food, this one is not for you. Some of the "food" is passable, but, you can tell a long term MFer by their ability to flavor it up. Spices and syrups are a necessity.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 301/188.4/180

Height: 5' 10"

My suggestion: EAT REAL, WHOLE FOODS! Cut out the junk and get your butt off the couch! We have all had to do just freakin' do it, and do it and do it, everyday. Now it is your turn. Show some spine woman! or man.
Pamela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/199/150

HaHa thanks !
I do need to get some backbone,I am just so tired of trying.
I think I just need a very strict plan or a magic pill.
cartp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

What would you say your major dieting obstacles are? If you do not want to not have to think about food choices and need a lot of structure, then Medifast might be a good fit. It is not gourmet food by any stretch, but you will get results fast. It is not like NutriSystem, Medifast is more like a high protein, low-carb liquid diet (although you do get one "lean and green" meal per day and they do have bars that you can have instead of shakes). If you like the idea of NutriSystem but want something that will taste better, you can also look into Jenny Craig. Their frozen items are really good, and you also get structure and accountability with them.

Last edited by babes315; 05-04-2009 at 08:22 PM.
babes315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 03:52 AM   #6  

I have been on Medifast for 3 months and am down 34 pounds. I love this program and love just about every product. My favorites are the chicken and wild rice soup, tomato soup, chicken noodle soup and the dark chocolate shakes. Also their soy crisps rock. Hands down, this program is the best as far as liquid diets go. I read labels and have read all the other cometitors nutritional contents. I am not bashing other liquid diets, just saying that Medifast has been around 29 years, that itself speaks volumes. I did this program 6 years ago and lost 92 pounds in 6 months. I regained most of it not because Medifast is a failure, but because I failed to change my lifestyle. I went back into my old eating habits. Whatever program you are on, if you dont make changes to your lifestyle, you will struggle keeping the weight off. I have 40 more pounds to lose. Some days I do the 5 and 1 program and other days I do all Medifast products. If I am really hungry, I add another Medifast product into the day. I have added up to 3 extra products some days. I also work out every other day, one hour on the tredmill. I hate it but its necessary. I also love the bars. I dont have to add extra flavoring to my shakes as I drink only the dark chocolate and it is so utterly fantastic, it nearly brings me to tears! lol I dont care for the Maryland Crab soup though. I am so proud to say I am a Medifaster. Nothing could cause me to deviate away from this wonderful program. I am one happy camper. :-)
Suzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 04:22 AM   #7  

Sunny, you and I share similiar stats and have both been on program 3 months. I take it you have done Medifast before and you didnt make the necessary lifestyle changes necessary to keep it off? That was my case. I have done every program in the book and always just went back to my old ways. :-( Not proud but it is what it is. What are your favorite products, Sunny? Have you tried the dark chocolate shakes? OMG, they are so good. At first I didnt like them but after 3 or 4, I fell head over heels in love!
Old 06-07-2009, 02:33 AM   #8  

Hey Sunny....if you are twice my age, then you are 106? I look younger than I am. I am 53!

I understand what you are saying about incorporating some Wonderslim products into your routine. I just ordered some Wonderslim shakes a few days ago and plan to have one of them a day. I just got curious and wanted to see what they were like. I ordered the chocolate and chocolate mint shakes. But like I said, I will only have one Wonderslim per day because I do believe Medifast gives you a little more nutritional value than the other products to. First time around, I used the shaker jars for my shakes, but this time, I bought a Medifast healthmate blender and they totally change the texture and taste of the shakes. They are frothy and creamy and I never thought a blender could make such a difference. I like the puddings but dont find them filling, so I dont order them. I love the crackers too and use them in my soup. I have to have a soup every day. I adore the RTD's and use them on my breaks at work. I dont want to tote a blender to and from work! Have you tried the soy crisps? They are dangerous and I have to hide them from myself! LOL It sounds like you have a great plan going on Sunny. Do you have a goal date set for when you want to be at 140? I dont. I will get there when I get there. Goals are nice but this time around, I have cut myself some slack and the scale along with other things will tell me when I have arrived there. Do you exercise? I do one hour every other day on the tredmill. Unfortunatly, I dont really like it but I know to keep the weight off for life, I will have to make exercise a part of my life til they bury me. lol

Great to talk to you Sunny!!! Feel free to private message me any time if you want!!
Old 06-07-2009, 10:37 PM   #9  
arleneok

S/C/G: 263/263/165

Hi, I am new to this site and am thinking about trying Medifast. I am on Weight Watchers (online plan) right now but I am not able to make it work for me. I gained about 90 pounds since my pregnancy with my son (he will be 1 tomorrow) and just can't stand it anymore. Thanks for your posts, reading about other's experiences helps
arleneok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:42 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleneok View Post
Hi, I am new to this site and am thinking about trying Medifast. I am on Weight Watchers (online plan) right now but I am not able to make it work for me. I gained about 90 pounds since my pregnancy with my son (he will be 1 tomorrow) and just can't stand it anymore. Thanks for your posts, reading about other's experiences helps

Hello,well if Weight Watchers isnt working and you need something with quicker results, then maybe Medifast is for you. There is a ton of info on this website about it and other programs too. Medifast is drastic but dont worry, it is completely safe. Before I tried it 6 years ago, I took some of the products I ordered to 4 different area doctors. All studied the boxes I gave them and assured me it was 100% fine. Even though the company claims it is, I had to get those medical opinions too. If you choose Medifast, those 90 pounds wont be with you for long, trust me. First time around, I lost 92 pounds in 6 months. Why am I on it again are you thinking? Well, as with any program, you have to change your attitude and your lifestyle forever or you will gain it all back plus some. Good luck to you in making a decision and if you choose Medifast, you will see just how fast the program works. One piece of advise for you: purchase the Medifast Healthmate Blender and blend your shakes that way. It totally makes a HUGE difference and I will never go back to the shaker jar method again! Let us know what you decide!
Old 06-08-2009, 10:27 PM   #11  
arleneok

I ordered a 2 week supply from Medifast today from their site. I probably should have gone with the month but it is really expensive and I want to get started and see how I do. Also, I tried to bid on a month supply on e-bay and got outbid at the last minute
oh well, I am excited to start and have a very strong feeling that my next order will be a full one.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:28 AM   #12  

Quote:
I ordered a 2 week supply from Medifast today from their site. I probably should have gone with the month but it is really expensive and I want to get started and see how I do. Also, I tried to bid on a month supply on e-bay and got outbid at the last minute
oh well, I am excited to start and have a very strong feeling that my next order will be a full one.

I have ordered some Medifast shakes off of ebay too. But I mostly buy from my health coach advisor because she gives me discounts. I hope you like the program. Have you considered using a blender for your shakes? I highly recommend it. Also the dark chocolate shakes are fantastic! This is a strict plan, the first week or two was rough for me and some days I thought I would lose my mind. But at the two week mark, you are so elated because the scale is down, you quickly learn to deal with any hunger discomforts you may be feeling. Its been 3 months for me and I still get hungry in between meals. But stay the course and you will be jumping for joy. Trust me on this one!
Old 06-09-2009, 04:23 PM   #13  
arleneok

thanks for your supportive words! can I use a regular blender? or do I need to get the one off their site?
Old 06-09-2009, 06:26 PM   #14  
Operator265

I use my magic Bullit. Does the trick just fine.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:07 AM   #15  

Quote:
thanks for your supportive words! can I use a regular blender? or do I need to get the one off their site?
Well I have a regular blender and then I have the Healthmate Blender from Medifast. I tried both and found my regular blender to be inadequate. So I ditched it and use just the Medifast blender. But see how yours does and then decide.