100 lb. Club - sparkpeople

View Full Version : sparkpeople

lottie63
05-03-2009, 08:30 PM
So ever since the daily plate switched over to livestrong my diet buddy has been hating it and not tracking because of it so shes gained 10 lbs back.

So we both moved over to spark people and I really like it!

anyone else doing the sweatsuit to swimsuit bootcamp?

nik1305
05-03-2009, 09:26 PM
oook. so I had never heard of sparkpeople..so i googled it and signed up && I LOVE IT. I had been looking for a place to track my calories(and not have to do the math myself hahaha) .. It's so easy & informational. love it! I haven't browsed long enough to figure out what the sweatsuit to swimsuit bootcamp is..but I'll let you know my thoughts on it once i figure it out. haha :)

chunckymonkey
05-03-2009, 10:43 PM
I, too, have just signed up ... thanks for bringing Sparkpoeple to this forum...how did you hear of it?

lottie63
05-03-2009, 11:11 PM
from here. a long time back...

yw!

Rosinante
05-04-2009, 04:21 AM
I joined on 3/31 and I love it! (I heard of it on here too, somewhere).

I'll look for that sweat/swimsuit challenge.

I've logged my food electronically for 7 years. I used Dietpower, which I still do for calculations, e.g. you can't type 1/3 cup into sparkpeople, it has to be a decimal expression, and dietpower always lists the weight per cup, which is great for a Brit like me who has scales and indeed cups but can't work out how to get a cauliflower into a cup lol.

The Best best thing about sparkpeople for me was when I joined, I was stalling seriously, and wondering, despite advice here, about lowering my calories. When I put my stats into sparkpeople, it told me I HAD to eat up to 1550 to lose, quite a different way of phrasing it that 'you can ONLY eat 1550 calories'. In my head, anyway. So I did and I have continued losing. 10lbs in 28 days.

Jen415
05-04-2009, 09:23 AM
I've used Sparkpeople to track my food and exercise for the last four years or so. I don't use the message boards because 3FC is WAYYYY better for that! :)

sprklemajik
05-04-2009, 09:45 AM
I'm doing the sweatsuit to swimsuit bootcamp challenge :) I like sparkpeople to keep up with my food for calorie counting, but I wouldn't leave the forums here. :)

Rosinante
05-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Absolutely, I wouldn't leave 3fatchicks message boards for anything!