LA Weight Loss - Any Diet free chicks??

View Full Version : Any Diet free chicks??

Liliann
05-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Hiya!

I am finally letting go of my diet mentally...dieting gives me stress and have heard it does not work and become a final diet free chick! I am eating what I want and staying active...am losing and will know as the time comes of what my natural weight will be.

Just wandering if there is anyone a diet free chick and losing?

I am so much happier, feeling great about my body and have goals to achieve and knowing I will conquer them with my all and energy!! Lost 22 Lbs so far and weighing myself on a monthly basis. I am ready to change my life!!

Have a great day and month!! :)

stillclock
05-03-2009, 01:00 PM
i don't know. i am using ww points (loosely) but not going to meetings.

i just thought it was bit easier than calorie counting.

i'm not "on a diet". i'm changing my habits.

this is an extremely important distinction for me, because this isn't something that has an end point. it's about a healthier life, a happier me and more active lifestyle.

so yes, but with modifiers.

isolde

Vivify
05-03-2009, 01:12 PM
I am fully diet free! I think that if you are going to lose weight you will have to do it in a way that you can live with for the rest of your life although plans work for people it is not for me! *I don't think anyway* This is my first time on the weight loss journey and I am just going to make better choices! I don't really weigh myself either I think that is just a number and you really shouldn't judge your success by weighing yourself all the time I would just get discouraged! I will only be weighing in every month! That is my plan and I sticking too it! I know it will work!! :carrot:

Sara

JulieJ08
05-03-2009, 05:09 PM
There's an Intuitive Eating thread that may interest you.

I pay attention to health, because I'm very interested in it. I try to eat a whole foods style of diet, and I'm always working on making it tastier, easier and more satisfying, because that's how I want my food to be! I do work on retraining my portion sizes and snacking patterns because I think a lot of the large portions is habit and conditioning more than actual need. But I don't count calories, and haven't for the last 20-30 pounds. I'm really pleased with how pleasant a part of my life food has become. It's an ongoing process.

But we all come to this with different challenges. I think this can work very well for some people, although one should probably expect some ups and downs as they learn. I also think some people aren't ready for it yet, and some may certainly never find that it works for them. Everyone is different.