Weight Loss Support - What I WONT miss about being fat!!

tlp06289
05-03-2009, 12:59 AM
These are things that I wont miss about being fat..things I look forward to and keep me motivated!!

Feel free to post your own things you cant wait to accomplish, or have already accomplished!!

I am tired of being tired.
I want to fit into cute clothes and be able to ride all the rides at amusement parks and the county fair.
I want to sit in an airplane seat without the "armrest"(for me its a hip torture device) and seatbelt digging into me.
I want to stop getting negative looks when im out with my (very attractive) boyfriend.
I want to be "sexy" for him, and although he already says I am, I want to feel it myself.
I dont want my hipbones to stick out, I dont want to see every rib. I want to be healthy. I DO want to look better, but I really want to feel better. I have so many insecurities because of my weight. Someone can be telling a joke in the mall with a group of people and I automatically assume theyre laughing at me. I feel like total strangers talk badly about me.
I feel like my boyfriends thoughts are "fatass", "gross", "ugly"..

i want him to want to show me off to his friends, and be proud in public.

I want to feel confident

I want to go into victorias secret and be able to buy something OTHER than lotion or body spray

I want to go into a cute clothing store with friends, and actually be able to buy the clothes, and not just go over to the sunglasses and accessories.

I want to eat only when I am hungry, and use food as fuel

I want to be able to walk a few blocks and not get short of breath

I want to be able to wear jeans below my belly button

I want people to stop saying "you have such a pretty face"

I want to NOT have to wear bike shorts under skirts because my thighs rub together...gross, i know, but its a plague i face lol

i want to STOP paying 35$ for a tshirt, just because of the "fat-tax"..sorry but that extra fabric doesnt cost that much to make, i know it

i want to be able to shop at more than 2 stores for clothes..those are the only ones that carry my size

i want to not dread walking by a group of people, in fear of what i think they are thinking about me

I want to sit on a couch without holding a pillow on my lap, i want to cross my legs, and stop putting my purse/jacket over my lap in public

i want to stop that sudden fear before sitting in a restaurant booth that i just might not fit..i actually gauge which side is bigger and hurry to sit there

i want to stop being looked at when i eat in public..people just gawk at me..but when i eat a salad people laugh..what gives??

i want to be in single digit ring sizes/wear normal sized bracelets and rings

um, i want to be able to shave my thighs!..and my legs in a reasonable amount of time..

i want to be able to walk on surfaces without fearing they might break or something..

i want to be able to just hop into someones car without fearing the seatbelt wont fit, or ill break the seat or something

i want to sit in chairs with armrests

i want to be able to comfortably paint my toes

i want to be able to wear summer clothes, because its freakin hot outside, and i have to wear jeans and tshirts

I am such a girly girl at heart, I have a great fashion sense and I love fashion magazines..I should be able to wear the things I see in there..not just the "full figure" suggestions on one page out of 300

I really want to be healthy. I want my joints and back to stop hurting. I want my knees to not feel like Im an 80 year old.

i want to not have chest pains at 19 years old

i want to break free of this fatsuit forever

I know people are probably saying "suck it up, you did this to yourself"..i know,a nd im trying so hard to take control of this..but these are things that I face daily, and Im sure others do as well..
I just needed to get these things off my chest, and I want to say bye bye to NOT fitting into life..forever!:carrot:

glitterducky
05-03-2009, 01:07 AM
... This is a long list, but good.

I don't want my thighs to rub together.
And everything you mentioned here.

Razorcandy
05-03-2009, 01:36 AM
I wont miss being fat!

I want to be able to ride ALL the rides at the amusement park!

Thighs Be Gone
05-03-2009, 01:52 AM
tlp..what a thought provoking list..hugs are coming your way as well as every wish for you to attain each and every point on your list..you can so do this!

I will not miss carrying Excedrin in the bottom of my purse because I have pain. I will not miss coming home because I am tired. I will not miss my heightened risk or cardiovascular disease, diabetes, M.S., and cancer.

bodyisatemple
05-03-2009, 02:41 AM
tlp, this is a great list. You can totally do it. It's your own personal journey and best of luck to you.

shrinkingleah
05-03-2009, 02:57 AM
I won't miss watching my thighs and stomach spread out when I sit down.
I won't miss trying to tilt my chin up in pictures so it won't look like I have a double chin.
I won't miss having to wear all my jeans 'low' because it's more comfortable that way.
I won't miss having to prove that I'm sticking to this because I'll be living proof!

Good for you for taking control of your weight, your health and most of all, your life! I am excited to see how this journey works for you, I just have good feelings about you getting to a comfortable weight that you are fit and happy with! Good luck!

angelmom313
05-03-2009, 03:02 AM
I've got one....I wont miss being asked when my baby is due! I am gonna start saying, "My baby was due 10 years ago!"

I also am with you on the couch thing. I always look for a pillow to put in my lap to hide my tummy. I definitely wont miss that!

Ditto on many of the other things as well.

ginny
05-03-2009, 05:16 AM
"I know people are probably saying "suck it up, you did this to yourself"..i know,a nd im trying so hard to take control of this..but these are things that I face daily, and Im sure others do as well.."

Welcome to a place where no one will make that generalization =)
Well that I've seen.
The internet does have that troll plague ....

happykristen
05-03-2009, 11:09 AM
What a great list! I'm going to bookmark this so I can look back when I get discouraged. There are so many things to look forward to. The thighs rubbing together thing...oooh I hate that! I am also looking forward to being able to shop for clothes anywhere I want. And, not to be too personal, I am looking forward to being able make love to my husband in more than 2 positions. :-)

Jeannette311
05-03-2009, 11:54 AM
I
Want
Smaller
Boobs

Ija
05-03-2009, 01:47 PM
I don't miss the chafing between my thighs, boils in the creases of my sides, knee aches, being out of breath walking upstairs, wondering if I'll fit into chairs in public (I now have room to spare), hiding from cameras, nasty looks and comments, and feeling out of place everywhere I went.

I was in your shoes not so long ago, and someday (in the not too distant future!) you'll be in mine.

freshmanweightorbust
05-03-2009, 01:57 PM
A couple days ago I was putting on my panties after a shower, and they weren't "riding" quite right, you know what I mean? So I spread my knees apart and kind of hopped up and down once to settle them correctly and the KER-SLWAP! sound my thighs made against each other is one thing I WON'T MISS!!! (gross)

Delphi
05-03-2009, 02:04 PM
I will not miss having to stop in the middle of playing with my kids, because I'm simply out of breath.

I will not miss the way my knee's ache when I get up.

However, I will miss my boobs. Every time I have lost weight, my boobs were the first to go. lol!

Windchime
05-03-2009, 02:50 PM
I won't miss this matronly figure that I somehow acquired over the past decade or two. And I won't miss feeling matronly, heavy, and old. After just a few pounds, I'm feeling light-years better so I'm really looking forward to the feeling I'll have in another 20 or 40 pounds. I can't wait!!!

tlp06289
05-03-2009, 03:12 PM
i feel like I am constantly nodding my head in agreement with all of your posts..its amazing how alone you feel when youre fat, but in reality, there ARE people who feel your pain. To all who have reached their goals or are very close to reaching them, I applaud you and admire your strength. To all those (myself included) who are on their way, lets do it together! I come back to this list when I need some encouragement..becase Lord knows dominos pizza is only a phone call away sometimes! lol

lets keep it up ladies!

Windchime
05-03-2009, 04:34 PM
i! I come back to this list when I need some encouragement..becase Lord knows dominos pizza is only a phone call away sometimes! lol

Haha, don't call Dominos! Dominos is like that guy that you can't stay away from. You know he's not good for you and you know he doesn't really care, but when he whispers sweet nothings in your ear, you can't resist and it feels so good....until he leaves and you're crying. Don't call Dominos! Come to us. We're not hot and seductive like Dominos, but we're stable and we're honest and we're always here for you! :)

LittleMoonRabbit
05-03-2009, 04:44 PM
having all my pants get holes in the inner thighs from "chub rub". Seriously, I go through pants so much faster than I should because of my thighs.

tlp06289
05-03-2009, 04:45 PM
okay windchime, best analogy ever! love it!..and hey, we're all on our way to being hot and seductive :-p..thanks so much for the encouragement..its always comforting to know people care :-)

Lori Bell
05-03-2009, 05:09 PM
When I read your list tip, it was strange. I was sad and happy at the same time. Sad you are going through the same personal torture I went through, but So happy to say that "NO" I don't miss any of the things you mention. It's very liberating.

A few other things you didn't mention (probably because it was too much information ;)) that were very motivating for me to lose weight. Feminine hygiene product placement and removal was a nightmare before and now it's so simple! Also the ease at keeping everything clean and fresh with little or no effort is something I dreamed of when I was 300 pounds. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't a smelly fat chick, but it took a lot of time and effort not to be...It takes a 1/3 less time to shower and probably 1/2 the soap...Keeping fresh was very hard work when I was a big girl.

CountingDown
05-03-2009, 05:36 PM
I don't miss having trouble:
~tying my own shoes
~caring for my toenails
~picking up something I dropped (particularly is someone is watching me)
~getting up off the couch
~doing dishes without leaning on the sink
~carrying heavy things (I can't believe how STRONG I am now)
~climbing stairs

Other things I don't miss:
~"crease issues" (yeast infections, tender skin, etc.)
~not being able to walk with my family
~moving the button on pants (or worse yet, using a pin or rubber band)
~Wearing elastic waist clothing (never again!)
~dressing "frumpy"
~having to shift positions often because my hip or knees hurt
~dreading social events
~crying in the dressing room because nothing fits
~buying clothes that I don't like - but at least they do fit
~hiking
~cross country skiing
~sneaking food when no one was looking and then feeling guilty about it
~believing that I should just accept being fat
~envying thin people

Things I don't miss NOW:
~running into old friends from school
~hiking
~cross country skiing
~being IN the family pictures
~enjoying my life the way God intended for me :D

Tracy
05-03-2009, 05:41 PM
I won't miss putting something on in the morning,and realizing that it is too tight.
I won't miss going in a restaurant, and wondering if I will fit in the booth.
I won't miss getting out of breath ,when I walk only a few feet.

Ija
05-03-2009, 05:53 PM
Feminine hygiene product placement and removal was a nightmare before and now it's so simple! Also the ease at keeping everything clean and fresh with little or no effort is something I dreamed of when I was 300 pounds. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't a smelly fat chick, but it took a lot of time and effort not to be...It takes a 1/3 less time to shower and probably 1/2 the soap...Keeping fresh was very hard work when I was a big girl.

Wow, I can't believe I forgot to mention this one... yeah, maintaining good hygiene is so much simpler now. I've been pretty meticulous about everything, even when I was nearly 300 pounds, but nowadays the upkeep is so quick and easy!

westtexaschick
05-03-2009, 06:05 PM
I won't miss:

* clothes that don't fit.

* running out of breath going up one single flight of stairs.

I just feel better overall when I am thinner. :D

workingtobethin
05-04-2009, 10:46 AM
Everyone of your posts here has Spoken to me! I feel all those things on your list. I won't miss "having to feel like I'm LESS of a PERSON!" , I won't miss "chairs with arms digging into my legs ", I won't miss "asking for a seatbelt extender on a flight", I won't miss "sitting in the car while my husband takes the kids to the playground", I won't miss "not taking a walk with friends or family because I think they'll be too fast, and I can't keep up" I'm on the road, it will be SWEET once I arrive....set it on cruise control for life!

sws19
05-04-2009, 11:51 AM
wow! it's amazing how many of these i've read and was like "oh my god i can't believe somebody else has that same problem!" a few of these already mentioned ones i share are:
*having to sit with a pillow or purse in my lap in a pathetic attempt to obstruct my body or hide my belly. i still do this, but it's starting to stress me out a little less.
*chafing things and also wearing jeans out in the inner thigh
*having to tilt chin up to avoid double chin in photos
*wearing clothes just because they actually fit or helped mask issues rather than clothes i actually liked or wanted to wear
*getting really depressed in the dressing room because nothing fits
*hoarding extra food when nobody was looking

and some others:
*being out of breath after coming out of the subway
*worrying that i won't fit in that space between two people in the subway
*being the fat ugly friend
*being fatter than even my guy friends
*mother's comments about looking chunky/getting more exercise (though it seems possible that these may never actually stop. they started at around 130 and it seems unlikely i'll get too much below that point.)
*being too embarrassed to (ahem) get busy
*chafing from belt buckles and the waistband of jeans.

shrinkingleah
05-04-2009, 01:00 PM
This thread is very inspiring to read. It really does make me feel better to know that a lot of people share in my trials and are reaching their triumphs just like I plan to reach mine in the next year!

How wonderful it is to feel so supported by such an awesome website.

M Dizzle
05-04-2009, 01:02 PM
having all my pants get holes in the inner thighs from "chub rub". Seriously, I go through pants so much faster than I should because of my thighs.

OMG, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO with you on this one!!!! And I have never chaffed in that area before wearing dresses in the summer!!!! I will NOT miss chaffing!!

M Dizzle
05-04-2009, 01:05 PM
wow! it's amazing how many of these i've read and was like "oh my god i can't believe somebody else has that same problem!" a few of these already mentioned ones i share are:
*having to sit with a pillow or purse in my lap in a pathetic attempt to obstruct my body or hide my belly. i still do this, but it's starting to stress me out a little less.
*chafing things and also wearing jeans out in the inner thigh
*having to tilt chin up to avoid double chin in photos
*wearing clothes just because they actually fit or helped mask issues rather than clothes i actually liked or wanted to wear
*getting really depressed in the dressing room because nothing fits
*hoarding extra food when nobody was looking

and some others:
*being out of breath after coming out of the subway
*worrying that i won't fit in that space between two people in the subway
*being the fat ugly friend
*being fatter than even my guy friends
*mother's comments about looking chunky/getting more exercise (though it seems possible that these may never actually stop. they started at around 130 and it seems unlikely i'll get too much below that point.)
*being too embarrassed to (ahem) get busy
*chafing from belt buckles and the waistband of jeans.

I heart you! I'm with you on at least 98% or these.....

bitetoobreakkskin
05-04-2009, 01:16 PM
i am posting this on my cubicle at work-constant reminder of WHY i am not going to have that soda (somehow my weakness these days). thank you for posting this!

Devsmama
05-04-2009, 01:54 PM
I won't miss my pants rolling under my gut.

I won't miss the holes in my pants from inner thigh fireworks.

freshmanweightorbust
05-04-2009, 02:05 PM
I know I posted here before, but I forgot a couple things...
I won't/don't miss the feeling, when I'm in a room with a bunch of people, that they are all resenting the amount of space I take up. I won't miss the paranoia that people are disgusted and personally offended by my size. I don't know where that came from, because I certainly don't feel that way about people who are bigger than I am.

I won't miss crying in department store changing rooms, despairing over how awful the clothes look on me, that looked so pretty on the hangar.

tlp06289
05-04-2009, 06:02 PM
all of your responses are wonderful guys!..i posted this thread as a personal outlet of all the things I face being fat, and the fact that all of you can sympathize and relate is amazing, and soo motivating. Thank you for all of your wonderful posts, and lets look forward to knocking each one of these stupid things off the list!

Lovely91
05-04-2009, 06:10 PM
I really won't miss my love handles!!
they piss me off!

paperSkin
05-04-2009, 06:28 PM
Great list.. a real motivator.

nicoledg
05-04-2009, 06:39 PM
I
Want
Smaller
Boobs

I hear that!! god I can't wait for them to shrink down...my fiance will be sad though haha tough luck for him, he doesn't have to carry them around all day! lol

GirlyGirl
05-04-2009, 08:42 PM
I wont miss.....

...Feeling out of breath from climbing one set of stairs...
...Feeling too tired to go out and have fun...
...Dreading seeing someone from the past who knew me when I was thin...
...Not being able to zip up certain boots because of my calves...
...Hiding the tags from the clothes I am buying while on line...
...Always wearing shirts with sleeves b/c I'm embarrassed of my arms...
...Not wanting to take pictures b/c I know I will look bad in them...
...Not looking at my body in the mirror....

Whew. Exhale. That felt good!

quince
05-05-2009, 08:03 AM
your list made me cry (and i'm at work ;)). so true!
when i play with my five-year old nephew, he always wants me to sit on the floor with him and i can't, because i can't move once i sit, i'm just too heavy. it breaks my heart when he asks me again and again to sit on the floor, even brings me a pillow to make me play with him on the floor.

farawayshore
05-05-2009, 12:45 PM
Looking in the mirror and seeing my grandmother looking back at me, knowing she died at just 15 years older than I am now....

MotoMichelle
05-05-2009, 05:14 PM
I don't miss feeling limited on what stores I can shop at.
I don't miss feeling ashamed when I was eating (even if it was healthy).
I don't miss feeling like I'd squish my hubby if I sat on his lap.

HeatherEljohari
05-05-2009, 05:41 PM
I wont miss
- my thighs rubbing together.
- being out of breath after running up 3 flights of stairs at work.
- feeling uncomfy around my hubby even thou he says things are cool.
- the negative feelings that come along with it.
- all the icky "old" people clothes.
yay!!!! Here we go... :carrot:

xpinkglowx2
05-05-2009, 09:06 PM
i wont miss going to a party and comparing myself to every skinny girl thats there

i wont miss going to the beach and wrapping a towel around my self so no one can see.

i wont miss being shy. because im really not a shy person. im quite outgoing.. its just my confidence is so low that im always quiet around people i dont know, and i never take any risks infront of people in fear of being embarrassed

i wont miss wondering if they could feel my fat rolls when someone accidentally brushes up against me.

i wont miss being too scared to sit on a guys lap.

i wont miss crying in the dressing room.

i wont miss pre-thinking the best position for a picture so i dont look huge.

missgordon
05-06-2009, 12:45 AM
Wow you guys, this is so inspiring.

I won't miss having a panic attack at a clothing store because I can't fit in to the the biggest sized pair of jeans they have.

I won't miss not being able to wear high heels because of excessive gravitational pull.

I won't miss having "the only pair of pants that fit me now."

I won't miss the quadruple boob thing when my bra is too tight.

I won't miss altering my clothing with safety pins.

And most of all, I won't miss not being able to portray myself on the outside the way I feel about myself on the inside. Feminine and full-a-class.

Sigh.

sidhe
05-06-2009, 01:00 AM
I won't miss...

...looking around and knowing I'm the largest woman in the room.
...being convinced that everyone else realizes this, too.
...feeling like I need to apologize for being who and what I am.

Nachtlicht
05-06-2009, 02:18 AM
Wow..
This thread is so inspiring!
I like, wanna hug all of you right now!
My last pair of jeans got rubs in the inner thighs..>.>

Things I won't miss:
*My grandpa and Dad thinking they have to comment every time I snack on something or commenting on my weight.
*Having a Closet of cute clothes that I feel too embarrassed to wear cuz they highlight fat.
*Dressing Frumpy.
*My bra leaving 8 boobs in the lines of fat.
*Swimming in a Tshirt and shorts
*absolutely avoiding jeans entirely because trying them on is just too depressing.
*The red line that pants leave indented in my pudge.

Things I'm looking forward to:
*a body I can show off
*skinnydipping
*buying whatever I think is cute at the clothing stores!

Locket
05-06-2009, 06:54 AM

Ugh, I hear you! And not having money isn't helping either, I always have to keep the holes closed with safety pins as I can't afford a new pair of pants... (Of course I sew it first, but it won't last as the fabric has become too thin, not even when I sew a patch on it.)

Dalgishake
05-09-2009, 04:17 AM
I
Want
Smaller
Boobs

It is ridiculous that cute affordable bras are only made for C cup and smaller.

Everytime I have to go bra shopping I have a mini-rant because anything in a DD automatically comes full coverage with 4 inch straps and 4 hooks in the back. They really don't need all that reinforcement!

the right direction
05-09-2009, 03:45 PM
I WON'T miss shopping in plus size specialty shops.

Another thing I won't miss is huffing and puffing like I've just run a marathon by merely walking up the stairs in my home.

georgiad
05-09-2009, 04:22 PM
That was so inspirational! I have a list like this where I have a reason to lose weight for every pound I have to lose, and it's so motivational.

I won't miss meeting a guy I like, but thinking he's too nice for me to go for.
I won't miss the awkwardness if size or weight is mentioned in a group of friends.
I won't miss having to drive 30 miles to go swimming at a pool where people won't know me, even though there's a pool 5 minutes walk from my house.
I won't miss the awful feeling I get when I see people I went to school with, because I've put so much weight on since I left school.
I won't miss having to sneak into my flatmates' rooms and deleting the bad pictures of me from their cameras.
I won't miss the fear of flying I have because of my history of DVT.
I won't miss the discomfort of wearing clothes that I feel aren't for fat people.
I won't miss going to buy knee-high boots every year, and always leaving empty-handed, because my calves are always too big.
I won't miss crying quietly on New Year's Eve, like I always do, because I'm still fat and alone.
I won't miss the awful feeling I get when I do some sort of difficult exercise, where I feel like such a failure for not being able to succeed.
I won't miss my obsession with losing weight, my obsession with food and my recurring eating disorders.
I won't miss jumping away if anyone ever touches me, lest they touch the fat on my stomach.
I won't miss the tears in the changing rooms in shops as I realise yet again it doesn't fit me.
I won't miss the stressful situation that is sex. What if he touches my stomach, what if he doesn't turn the light off?
I won't miss going to nightclubs and standing by the side, gently swaying to and fro, because I must look idiotic if I actually dance.