Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-02-2009, 11:28 PM   #1  
Bring on the Exercise!!

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/130-140 range

Height: 5'6"

Default Hi again from NE Texas!

Ok, well here goes. I am posting my introduction here for the 3rd time, and I hope it's ok. I'm not necessarily starting from scratch since the last time I started I was at 265 and lost 11 lbs. I was doing good, and then I got pregnant with my 3rd baby. I found out I had gestational diabetes while pregnant with him, and I didn't want to go down that road. He's now 3 months old, and I'm tired. I'm tired of being fat, I'm tired of not being able to play with my kids, I'm tired of not feeling attractive to my husband (even though he swears I am!). I'm just tired of being tired. And since I'm the only one that can do anything about it, I am going to. After having my baby, the weight kinda fell off for about the first 9 weeks or so, and it's settled at 237. Which is about 20ish lbs less that my pre-pregnancy weight. When I was a teenager I weighed in the 120-130 range. That is my long term goal. I have about 100 lbs to lose, but I am breaking it down into increments of 10lbs. I figure I can lose 10lbs 10 times. Maybe that way I won't get discouraged at the huge number I have to lose and I can just focus on that 10lbs. What do you guys think?

From everything I have read here over the time I've been a member, I figure I can probably get support and motivation here better than I can get it from my husband, who although he is happy that I want to do something about my weight, he's not quite ready to start doing something about his. He says he's been the size he is his entire life and hes comfortable with it. Which is fine, I just don't think he will always understand how serious I am about mine, and at least I know that posting here people will always understand.

My plan is to watch my portions and carbs, for starters. For exercise I've been doing my Wii Fit for 20min/day but I think I need to step that up a notch. I am also starting out on the Couch to 5k program on Monday. I would do it tomorrow but it's raining here. Ugh! On top of that, I also have the My Fitness Coach for Wii to do the days that I'm not running. Is anyone else working on a plan like mine?

Sorry it's such a long intro, I just had a lot that I wanted to get out. Hopefully I can make many new friends on my journey. I look forward to it.
skinnygurlinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 182/130/128

Height: 5'4''

Hi there

You have taken a step in the right direction just being here and getting everything off your chest, so don't worry about how long your intro was.

I think you can definitely lose 10lb 10 times, and that's a really great way to look at things. I've used Wii fit in the past, and I found it a really fun way to tone up, so maybe bump it up to 30mins a day to lose weight a bit faster and feel more energised?

Good luck with everything! x
Sarah Carson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:52 PM   #3  
Bring on the Exercise!!

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/130-140 range

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for your reply. Yeah I think I will try and bump it up to 30 min/day on my Wii Fit. I just didn't want to do to much too soon and either hurt myself or get discouraged because I am not seeing results fast enough. lol But I will definitely start doing that.
skinnygurlinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 11:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 182/130/128

Height: 5'4''

Even if the results aren't quite instantaneous, at least it will make you feel better to know that you are trying that little bit harder, and i'm sure the weight won't take long to come off anyway

Good luck!
Sarah Carson is offline   Reply With Quote