General chatter - Pear?Apple?Hourglass?POST YOUR PICTURE AND LETS SEE!

Lori259
05-02-2009, 05:10 PM
:D I am curious as to what my shape is~I have been told hourglass but may be an apple~I am not sure~I don't think I am a pear~but I am not sure.. Maybe I am just an oddball shape LOL! So I came up with the idea to post our full body pics to see. Heres My picture~you
Must click it to make it bigger.I am 5ft 5in. and weigh 207.8 In the picture. Anyone else interested in knowing there shape post your picture or join in helping those who post with your opinions on what shape you think they are:D.

Thighs Be Gone
05-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Okay, here I am Lori! Grab your purse and lets go shopping.

I am open to all comments as far as my shape, my hair, clothing, whatever. If you think my "doo" would look better another way feel free to post it--same goes for the rest of me. I am really getting into the "makeover" stuff since I was so MADE UNDER for SO long!

132 and 5' 7.5"

:carrot::carrot: That's Us! Heheheehe.

Thighs Be Gone
05-02-2009, 05:18 PM
I think you are an hourglass! Every time you post another pic I see less and less tummy and more of everything else! I always consider my measurements to be certain--bust vs. waist vs. hips. Do you happen to know measurements? It would be really interesting to compare all your measurements as you have lost.

p.s. May I say you particularly SMOKIN' in your new top! :) I hope you know I mean that in the MOST non-sexual way! Hehehehee.

luvja
05-02-2009, 05:19 PM
I think you are more apple shaped, as am I. We have thin hips. Pears and hour glasses have big hips and legs usually. This photo is me at about 280 lbs, 5'9". I'm totally apple. Excuse the horrible angle.

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp224/sea1986/IMG_3979.jpg

Lori259
05-02-2009, 05:24 PM
WOW THIGHS YOU GET PRETTIER EVERYDAY!
Shopping would be terrific
Although this may be us! :carrot::broc::rofl: (I got that bon jovi shirt and Feel a 80's hairdo coming on~ A perm and teased out! so your the carrot I am the broccoli~ LOL just kidding.

Thighs Be Gone
05-02-2009, 05:27 PM
Oooh...MALL hair..I am in TEXAS and am a TEXAN...Believe me, if it's BIG hair you want, it's big hair you will have...I totally know how to do that look!

We can both be carrots! :)

Lori259
05-02-2009, 05:27 PM
LOL~And I meant that in the most NON SEXUAL WAY! Hahahaha~
Whew I about peed my pants when I just read that!
My hubby is laughing too.hahahahaha

Thighs Be Gone
05-02-2009, 05:28 PM
!!!!OMG!!!! too funny

Lori259
05-02-2009, 05:31 PM
hahahahaha~Thighs~
I know your compliments are not sexual nor are mine to you!! hahahaha~Still laughing hysterically!
If I pee my pants its your fault.
OR Because I am getting older ~DANG IT! lol
yeah I would love a cool hair do for a day but then back to my staright long hair~it's easy to keep up with.

Luvja~I agree your apple and I very well may be.Your pic is awesome~angle is FABULOUS!
I am just not sure about my shape though for sure..HUGS!

Thighs Be Gone
05-02-2009, 05:34 PM
I am soooo ruining your thread but considering the Tshirt you are wearing and where you are in your weightloss...can't you just hear them singing...

"WHOAAAAAAAAAA, WE'RE 1/2 WAY THERE..OOooooOOH, living on a PRAYER!"

p.s.

SORRY 3FC'ERS I AM NOT POSTING ON THIS THREAD AGAIN! I SWEAR!

HEY, don't 4get to tell me MY shape!

luvja
05-02-2009, 05:35 PM
I WISH I was a pear! I'd kill to have hips :lol:

Lori259
05-02-2009, 05:38 PM
hehehehe~Luvja~You look fabulous as you are though In my opinion!!
I like the apple shape~
Thighs~Thats a good one!!! hahahahahahahahaha
OK~Now that song is in my head for weeks now THANKS AGAIN!
I Am letting the hubby have the computer~So I will log back on later ~So type at you all later

heather88
05-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Lori259 - I would say a mixture of apple and hourglass.
Thighs Be Gone - OMG, you are brave letting people critique you LOL. I saw your goal pics and to be honest you have great style and I would very much like your hair STRAIGHT.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5867/39235396413576884830.jpg
I think that I am also a mixture of apple and hourglass, but hopefully most of the apple shape will even out with more weightloss . . . :D

mizski
05-02-2009, 05:53 PM
I'm watermelon shaped :lol::http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n267/jhusull/watermelon.jpg......http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n267/jhusull/suz_pics/MizSki/mizski_1.jpg

I was REALLY a watermelon when I started at 304#s. :eek: I figure my progession will be watermelon -> apple -> pear (what I was when I was thin before).

GradPhase
05-02-2009, 06:07 PM
I WISH I was a pear! I'd kill to have hips :lol:

You can HAVE MINE!! It is SO DAMN HARD to buy JEANS with HIPS. Anything that fits over my HAMHOCK thighs is way too big over my belly - and so my jeans are CONSTANTLY falling down. If they fit my thighs and get over my butt - I can almost guarantee they will NOT stay up. I took this picture (and posted it) last year when I was REALLY close to my goal weight before gaining back nearly 45 lbs thanks to depo and dorm food.

I'm torn between pear and hour class - this shirt is a bad example because it's seems are made more for an empire waist effect - but it's the only pic I have!

Thighs Be Gone
05-02-2009, 07:01 PM
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5867/39235396413576884830.jpg[/img]
:D[/B][/COLOR]

No bravery here. 3 FC has helped me to get this far maybe they can give me a good shove to do something else. I have a new pic on my updated Goal thread of my hair straight. I am leaning towards liking it straight too. But WOW, going natural is just so easy.

p.s. Yes, sorry I broke my own promise about NOT posting again. :(

Lori259
05-02-2009, 07:13 PM
THIGHS~LOL~YOU POST ADDICT YOU! just kidding thighs ~Post all you wanna on this thread.I like reading what ya have to say.
Since I managed to snatch the computer back from my family ~HERES MY FINDINGS!
OK~I was just reading and found this site http://www.frugalmom.net/blog/?p=178 and I guess there is 4 shapes!
Even a banana shape also!
I am adding the picture of them.
I definetly think from looking at them I am hourglass.Or I hope!I like that shape. But i do have larger breast and booty than waist so it seems thats the one for me.

TO VIEW THE PICTURE LARGER OF All the shapes JUST CLICK IT!!!

Lori259
05-02-2009, 07:19 PM
I'm watermelon shaped :lol::http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n267/jhusull/watermelon.jpg......http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n267/jhusull/suz_pics/MizSki/mizski_1.jpg

I was REALLY a watermelon when I started at 304#s. :eek: I figure my progession will be watermelon -> apple -> pear (what I was when I was thin before).

Thats funny!You have agreat attitude~But hun you do not look like a watermelon!:hug:
your an apple or hourglass.

Lovely91
05-02-2009, 07:19 PM
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs023.snc1/3083_78242460981_508665981_1692924_2097723_n.jpg

so what do you think I am:)?

Lori259
05-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Thighs You know I was reading back on what I said and after I looked at your pic again ~I was thinking I bet she thought I was saying she had 80's hair since you had some curly hair and cute little style going on there in that pic!~But I meant I felt like getting an 80's hairdo to go with my shirt if that makes since~If not I am a silly head~So ignore me lol! I need to stop posting on here also.
I think I am a post addict too. hahahaha

Lori259
05-02-2009, 07:25 PM
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs023.snc1/3083_78242460981_508665981_1692924_2097723_n.jpg

so what do you think I am:)?

A pear or an hourglass~I am not good at this.:D

BarbPA
05-02-2009, 10:31 PM
Fun thread! I'll have to do a recent full body pic. I usually have a kid on my hip so it's hard to tell. :D I have no idea what I am.

Lori & Thighs...you are crackin' me up! :lol:

Rowenna
05-02-2009, 11:12 PM
I used to think I was an hourglass because I had decently sized hips and huge boobs. Then I lost weight, and the boobs disappeared and the hips got smaller and I don't know what I am anymore. Banana? What do you think?

Leeesa
05-02-2009, 11:21 PM
Lori - I would have to say hourglass in progress, like me, as the weight goes down it will show more and more (she says crossing fingers)

Thighsbegone, you look fab - have you thought about having bangs? It struck me right away when I saw your pic, I think it would really suit you.

Lovely 91 - hourglass I think and great outfit!

I used to be textbook hourlglass 41/31/41 but after pregnancy... well.... let's just say the waist has gone south.... This is the first current "before" pic I have, excuse the big shirt, I didn't actually realize how boxy it was on me until I took the pic, it has since gone into the donation pile!

walking2lose
05-03-2009, 12:17 AM
I just want to chime in to say that Eskimo - you look awesome! I would say you are a slight pear/hourglass. Your hips are a bit wider than your shoulders, but you do NOT have big hips!

Thighs Be Gone
05-03-2009, 12:47 AM
Lori---I know that's not what you meant--I know you meaning yourself for wearing that cool vintage Bon Jovi shirt in the pic. Thank u for being so considerate though! What a complete and total sweetie you are!

Wow--banana shaped. That is a whole new consideration--in fact, I am gonna go and read about it tonight. I wonder if I qualify.

For the record, I think we gotta bunch of hawtties on our thread that are totally rockin' the weightloss world. Keep up all your good work ladies!

Bangs..hmm..hadn't considered them..but I am going to try to do some playing in the mirror tomorrow and try to imagine them.

GradPhase
05-03-2009, 12:51 PM
Aw, thanks Walking2Lose! I guess it would be easier to believe if jean shopping wasn't so stinking difficult. We don't have a lot of store options in Alaska and NONE of them seem to be "made for" my body type. THOSE particular jeans I had to get from Salt Lake City when I visited, and they were almost 100 dollars! I can't afford to have 100 dollar jeans! I hope if I lose a smidge more, something magically changes and I can suddenly buy clothes in my own state for crying out loud!

Sorry! Little rant there. But thank YOU for the kind words and encouragement!! It made for a very good start to my morning!! :)

Lizzyg
05-03-2009, 03:21 PM
I think I'm an hourglass - at my heaviest, I think I was more pear shape, but I think I'm getting that hourglass look back. This is an older picture, from like Oct 2008, and I'm probably about 15 lbs lighter now.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2lxwa5u.jpg

Lori259
05-03-2009, 04:05 PM
BARB~ HIYA!!!!! Can't weight for you to post a pic!!!

Thighs~ Your not a banana!
Rowenna I do not think you are either ( i think you look like an hour glass to me still~ and thighs does too.
But I am not anygood at shapes so It's fun to see everyones opinion.

Lizzy~pear or Hour glass in between

Everyone else~I am in a bit of a hurry~SO ANYONE LOOKING Tell everyone what you think there shape is or Post your own picture and see what people thinks your shape is.

THIGHS~I still can n ot get over you thinking your a banana shape~NOPE!

CountingDown
05-03-2009, 05:22 PM
This old chickie has regained her hourglass shape :)

iriswhispers
05-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Lizzy, you look like an hourglass to me - you go in really nicely at the waist!

Eskimo, I sympathize on jean shopping. I have NO BUTT and when I find jeans that fit my waist/hips, they're usually really saggy and my bum (uh, or lack of) looks horrible!

Anyway, you all look great! I'll have to rummage around for a pic to post... I think I am an hourglass but not sure and I'd love your input.

Lori259
05-03-2009, 09:43 PM
iris~would love to see a pic~post soon.

canadianangel
05-03-2009, 11:22 PM
im thinking im hour glass or maybe pear....not apple..but i dont know how to insert a pic on her to see

LandonsBaby
05-03-2009, 11:53 PM
I'm a pear whether fat or skinny. My chest got bigger...but so did my hips.

Thighs Be Gone
05-04-2009, 08:29 AM
This old chickie has regained her hourglass shape :)

Counting Down---Yep, you're an hourglass allright..and you are a hawttie! :) :carrot: I just looked for an old chickie. Nope, I don't see one!:carrot:

p.s. I am buggin' the **** out of my hubby for the scooter. Mom's Day is soon I KNOW what better be in the garage!

phatcat
05-04-2009, 09:47 AM
I'm the one on the right. I'd say I was a fat banana. :^:

sws19
05-04-2009, 10:13 AM
phatcat, it's sorta hard to tell from the tshirt and stuff, but i would guess you're actually an hourglass.

here's me at a kentucky derby party on sat. i'm the stubby asian on the right, an apple trying to masquerade as an hourglass. if i lose enough weight i have the illusion of being hourglass, but my true essence is all apple.

Lori259
05-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Thighs~You spoiled BUTT!
( QUOTE FROM THIGHS! "p.s. I am buggin' the **** out of my hubby for the scooter. Mom's Day is soon I KNOW what better be in the garage!")

hahahahahaha~Although I must admit hehehehe~I got 7 different coneflowers I have been wanting from my hubby a few days ago for mothers day hehehe~Plus some daisys and hmmm More coneflowers at another stop LOL!
Those was earlier gifts though...Wonder what else he will get me? hehehehehehe
I AM
A SPOILED BUTT TOO I guess~hahahaha

OK EVERYONE~i am gonna leave the guessing to others on the shapes because I am just bad at doing so.

sws19 ~Thats a cute pic! I want a big hat like that~It's precious~And the dress is adorable also!

iriswhispers
05-05-2009, 12:48 AM
phatcat, i think you might be hiding an hourglass under there! It's really hard for me to say, honestly. I'm bad at judging shapes.

sws, i LOVE your outfit! so cute! That dress really flatters your figure (whatever shape you want to call it).

I seem to be averse to full-length photos! I always seem to be sitting down or only in the photo from the waist up.

sweetandspicy
05-05-2009, 11:51 AM
I do not have a full length picture, however I am a proportional pear. I think. Used to be hourglass. hopefully i will be that soon. I did recently loose one inch from my hipps which is great because I did not loose any weight this week.

I read this and thought I would post it, it is from Jillian Michaels website about what body type most women are:

The apple shape. People with apple shapes tend to store fat in their upper bodies, so if an apple is carrying extra weight, it's usually around the belly. Apples have evolved to store fat in this way to adapt to long periods of famine. Fat stored in the upper body can lead to heart disease, so it is important for apples to be health conscious.
The pear shape. Pears hold the majority of their fat in the lower body: hips, buttocks, saddlebags. Pears are mostly women. This shape has evolved because fat stored in these areas aids in fertility and breast-feeding. This type of fat is not as much of a health risk as abdominal fat, but it is harder to lose.
The proportioned shape. Lucky proportionate have fat cells distributed equally throughout their entire body. When they gain weight, they gain it everywhere. When they lose weight, it comes off evenly.

sws19
05-05-2009, 12:01 PM
thanks iris and lori. the hat was actually hilarious. it was for a whimsical derby party i went to so i just bought a basic big ole hat at marshalls and then designed pictures of drunk horses which i appliqued on. then i bought some fake flowers and hot glue gunned them to the top. hilarious.
and yeah, i bought the dress for a friend's wedding in a couple weeks. i might not end up wearing it to the wedding, but i'm sure it'll come in handy this summer. i think it'll be a good standard summer dress.

sws19
05-05-2009, 12:03 PM
i should also mention that things in that cut work well for apples. tailoring or definition in the midsection give the illusion of a smaller waist and really cuts up the body in flattering way. and the more full skirt gives the sense that i have more going on downstairs than i actually do.

Mizu
05-05-2009, 12:10 PM
I know I am hourglass shaped at my thinnest. My waist is small in the middle. Here's me:

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg61/Mizu2008/January/146-A.jpg

Also, the exact calculations for finding your body shape are right here:

http://www.diet-blog.com/archives/2005/11/21/the_end_of_the_hourglass_figure.php

Only 8 percent of women are truly hourglass shaped. My waist is exactly 9 inches smaller than my bust, and my shoulders match my hips in width.

Rowenna
05-05-2009, 05:18 PM
I know I am hourglass shaped at my thinnest. My waist is small in the middle. Here's me:

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg61/Mizu2008/January/146-A.jpg

Also, the exact calculations for finding your body shape are right here:

http://www.diet-blog.com/archives/2005/11/21/the_end_of_the_hourglass_figure.php

Only 8 percent of women are truly hourglass shaped. My waist is exactly 9 inches smaller than my bust, and my shoulders match my hips in width.

Interesting info.... you must have a TINY waist, because mine at my smallest is 24" and still not 9" smaller than my bust... or maybe my boobs are just smaller now.

Kim_Star060404
05-05-2009, 05:42 PM
I am most definitely a pear! I was fortunate enough to inherit my grandmother's teeny-tiny Japanese chest and my great-grandmother's huge Hawaiian butt and thunder thighs!!!

This pic was taken 6 lbs. ago on Feb. 24. I may look more like an hourglass here, but trust me, a little more weight lost and the girls will be gone!!

Spooky
05-05-2009, 06:06 PM
Kim - you look so happy in that pic, I love it!

I'm definitely a pear. I always thought I was an hourglass but my hip measurement is almost 10 inches greater than my chest. I do have a (relatively) small waist but definitely carry most of my weight in my lower body.

I'll post a pic if I can find a recent one. This thread rocks!

kiramira
05-05-2009, 06:26 PM
I'm a RECTANGLE. Boo. Maybe with more weight off, it'll come off my midsection...sigh...no pics because I'm SO NOT THERE yet..
Kira

Thighs Be Gone
05-05-2009, 06:29 PM
According to that site, I am a rectangle but almost an hourglass. BOOHOO! :(

JulieJ08
05-05-2009, 06:58 PM
That site would label me a rectangle too, but it just ain't so :-) I'm a pear-ish hourglass.

Bumbleberry
05-06-2009, 01:25 AM
My shape changes as I lose weight. I was an apple when I started, and I am still an apple, but when I get smaller, I become an hourglass. I'm not really sure what I will be when I'm slender. Possibly a pear, but I doubt it. I think I'll be an "hourglass" or actually, more of a rectangle. Which is fine by me. Anything but obese. :(

Bumbleberry
05-06-2009, 01:30 AM
Okay, I just did the math on that website, and at my goal weight, I was hourglass.

Things may have changed, though, since I had a baby. I'll just have to wait and see.

squeak351
05-06-2009, 01:23 PM
I am a BLOB of fat, but I didn't see that option! LOL

I would like to think I am a hourglass but really I have no idea.

sweetandspicy
05-06-2009, 02:59 PM
I amclose to an hourglass however that is only because my bust and thighs are enormous and my waist is about 8 smaller than my bust.

hippyfairy
07-27-2010, 03:44 PM
Hello, i am 5'4" i weigh 145. My bust measures 39 inches
waist 33 inches and hips 38.5
I have used all those crazy caculators and they all tell me something different. I am trying to find out what exercises will do my body the best. Im not here to judge anybody, i just need some help figuring this out. I have always had hips and bust since i was young. And i am a very strong person, my legs are basically muscle(they have always been like that) and my upper half is strong to, (always been that way.) the middle always kinda came out went back in, i have had a child, and am just now really trying to fix what birth did to me. I have lost 34 lbs over the course of 4 months, and my hips are becoming more defined...Im just really confused. Attached is my picture,(its not the best picture, but please accept it anyway, i have some fat there and lose skin as u can tell, im working on losin it, i dontlike it at all , lol please help me..Thanks Peace

Rochester
07-27-2010, 05:45 PM
There is also an avocado shape, which is between an apple and a pear. This calculator (http://www.ahealthyme.com/topic/waisthip) determines your shape. I'm an avocado. Just call me guacamole. :D

AR4life
07-27-2010, 06:00 PM
I'm an avacado too, more excercise for me it seems.

hippyfairy
07-27-2010, 06:07 PM
Im still not sure,evenafter the caculator.. because my chest balances out with my bottom, and my waist is smaller than both. An avocado has a top slightly less smaller than the hips, i am 1/2 inch bigger than my hips up top. Ah man :( i just dont know, i may have to go see someone, its driving me bananas.

pinkflower
07-27-2010, 06:26 PM
This is really interesting!

I guess I'm a rectangle. My bust and hips are the same size (within an inch) but my waist is only 6 inches smaller (my boobs are all squished because I"m wearing 2 sports bras)

This picture is from last year, I'm now 6-7 lbs lighter :carrot:

stargzr
07-28-2010, 10:12 AM
hippyfairy - I think you're like a banana - if that's what they call it... but the pic is looking up at you so I may have some perspective off...

pinkflower - I can't tell... lol I looked and then looked again and I'm confused.

I'm an hourglass... always have been. At my highest, my belly was a little big (ahem), but as I lost again, back to hourglass. No surprises for me. =/

hippyfairy
07-28-2010, 10:57 AM
a banana? lol,bananas are sleek slender and straight,with no hips or chest,i have both, and as i lose i keep seein my waist more n mord..I dont see how i could be a banana,i have hips and chest,lol,but thanks for tryin to help

hippyfairy
07-28-2010, 01:32 PM
Hey so i had my fiance remeasure me, so i didnt have bpgus readings..he measured across the middle of my breast, one inch above my belly button and my hips at the widest spot still above my butt..His measurments were fairly close to mine , but the changes are as follows....39-32-38.5........chest-waist-hip ratio....so any insight onto the new readings, all is appreciated and im grateful for them all thanks ..Peace

hippyfairy
07-29-2010, 11:55 AM
Yeah , so i inda gave up on this forum today. I got so irratated at all the different answers i was getting,so i decided id go to the lady @ curves and have her measure me, and her give me the correct answer in person. Turns out, i do have a underlying hourglass shape. She also said , my fiance had my masurments wrong. they are 38-32-38. We were close....She said the shape is always there no matter if you gain or lose weight, some people just have a more defined hourglass shape, mine is kinda outta wack because im hoarding fat. So if you really really need to kow. Go to a health fitness instructer, and they can give you the right answers with out judgement. Which , i only got one answer on here, and everybody else ignored me for 2 days..Thats cool, i just know what kind of judgers are out there..And, thanks to the one peson who kinda tried to help me, i dont know if it was directed @ me, but i used the tools anyway. So have a wonderful life everybody, and good luck on your weight loss goals..Everything is possible, when you ut your mind to it, so dont give up..Peace