Support Groups - Saying ADIOS to 70 lbs MAY THREAD

View Full Version : Saying ADIOS to 70 lbs MAY THREAD

2Bthinagain
05-02-2009, 03:38 PM
If you need to catch up then feel free to hop over to April and see what's new with us!!!

How is the weekend going for everyone?
I haven't touched the scale - but I feel okay.
I realize I am still the largest in the group, but that's okay.
My intersticial cystitis just kicked my butt the last week and now I'm forced to looking very seriously at food choices, not just for weight loss but to avoid the things that trigger my other problems.

Has anyone heard of AcidAlkalineDiet ? Someone told me it would be good for me?
Well, we have company in town -- gotta run,
have a great day everyone!!

2Bthinagain
05-02-2009, 04:01 PM
vogue09 - :welcome:

Please join us on our journey to lose 70 pounds!!!
Many have joined but sadly it looks like there are just 3 of us left!
Keep us posted on your success and let us know your diet plan, exercise plan, etc. etc.
We're here for each other and it's a great group!!!

Fat Pants - that's awesome that you can actually RUN.
I'm not there yet!!!! And since my bladder infection issues I haven't been on my Wii Fit, but I am eating much better.
I realize I'm taking the baby steps - but it's okay. Since Easter I think I've done pretty good - and that's a long time for me.
I still have 5.9 pounds to reach my own personal goal on May 23....here's hoping I can do that much!!!

TTFN

Fat Pants
05-04-2009, 08:14 AM
2BThin - you can TOTALLY reach your goal by May 23! You're so close!!! :woohoo:

May is going to be TOUGH!!! We have so many holidays and birthdays (including mine!), my parents may be coming to visit, etc... I think every weekend is filled and it's just the beginning! I am going to need some extra "stay on plan" juju this weekend. We are celebrating my birthday along with mother's day with my in-laws, and they've already got a Mother's Day brunch lined up on Sunday. Saturday we are going to a baseball game... pretzels, beer, nachos... oh my! :yikes:

I gave myself three days of rest and will be back running this afternoon. The weather is supposed to be FANTASTIC this week! It was cold and rainy all weekend..yuck. Speaking of weekends, mine did not turn out so great. DH was supposed to go backpacking, but the weather wasn't ideal so they decided to go another weekend. Well that resulted in his backpacking buddies coming over for pizza on Friday. Then, DH came down with a cold (or allergies?) and wanted comfort food (and comfort candy, apparently!). Blah. Total bust for a healthy weekend. But today I'm back on track. I NEED to hit 186 this week in order to stay on track for my Mexico goal.

Have a great start to the week, everyone!!

paperSkin
05-04-2009, 10:31 AM
Good morning everyone.. hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful weather.. we spent the whole weekend doing work in the garden. My weigh in today is at 185.4lbs. Down from last week, but up from earlier in the week.

Still.. I guess I should be happy I lost 1.6lbs for the week.

2Bthinagain, I haven't heard of the AcidAkalineDiet.. but I'm sure you can totally reach your goal for May. There is lots of time left :)

FatPants, that sucks about your husbands friends coming over for pizza, when you probably were totally looking forward to a weekend to yourself.. I love my alone time.. maybe because I get it so rarely.

Fat Pants
05-04-2009, 11:03 AM
paperskin - yeah, I was looking forward to some alone time and having everyone over was just a bit opposite of my plans, but after Friday night it ended up being a pretty restful weekend, which is what I needed. I slept a lot... I think between going to work at 6am and running around trying to fit in exercise and other activities during the week makes me plain exhausted on the weekends. We have a lot of family stuff coming up too so I wish I had had the alone time to recharge, but oh well. I am running the 5k alone today so I'll have my alone time then, I guess!

vouge09
05-04-2009, 11:46 AM
Hey guys! I finally found this May thread!

Well I am 18, 5'6, I was 202, I am now stuck around 195. I am down 2 lbs from last week, but thats discouraging for some reason. I'm being dumb and want faster weight loss. I have been working my butt off everyday too.

I am seeing results I think though. I think I look more toned and I know my belly doesn't have such a huge muffin top anymore so that should be encouraging.

I have like 76 lbs to lose. Well about 69 now.

2Bthinagain
05-04-2009, 02:26 PM
Vogue09 - you can do it...we'll be here to help you along your way.
I'm the chubby one in our little club.
I am pretty much at my highest weight ever. I have yo-yo'd since my kids were born, and every time 5 more pounds creep on it is harder and harder to take off...I was up to 230 I think around Easter - then lost 5 and still want to lose 5 more before Memorial Day weekend - I'm going for 10 pounds a month but it is taking FOREVER....they say slow is best.
It just kills me that I'm drowning in water and lose 2 lbs, then the next day there is a 3 pound gain. It makes me want to throw it out the window.
Still recovering from a sickness so not much exercise for me, although all this talk about pretty weather I do think I'll get outside with my kids shortly.
And tomorrow we're going to one of those places with the bouncy things - the kids make it look fun but it's hard!

PAPERSKIN - congrats on your 1.6 loss! Woo hoo, you are on track!

Fat pants - weekends like that are going to happen now and then - work as hard as you have been and you'll survive Mothers Day too! Happy ALMOST birthday to you!!!!!

paperSkin
05-04-2009, 04:38 PM
2Bthinagain, I didn't have values for you for this week so please let me know your current weight and loss for the week and I can update your numbers on the table.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_uWk5_O0hWe0/Sf9RivZ3V6I/AAAAAAAAARQ/4quSUpJ2pZk/s800/May04.jpg

vouge09
05-04-2009, 11:10 PM
thanks so much!

Fat Pants
05-06-2009, 08:55 AM
Happy mid-week check in, everyone!

Vogue, I understand the weight wanting to come off fast. There's a funny thing about that, though.... I am never "perfectly" on plan with my eating, and I notice that (in the past) when I have dropped weight quickly, and then eat out one night, I gain the weight back quickly. Combined with exercise and a slower but steady weight loss, I find that my mishaps and mess-ups are a lot more forgiving and come off a lot faster that way. So it's worth it to take it slow!

For instance, last weekend was a bad weekend eating-wise. Previously it would have taken me an entire week to work off the damage I did in just a day. Now it takes me two days, tops, and I still end up with a loss for the week. :carrot:

I mentioned this on my blog, but there is this cool site http://www.fridgegraph.com (it's free) that let's you plot your weigh-ins on a graph. I did something similar to this in my own spreadsheets, but this is pretty darn cool. Paperskin and I signed up a few days ago... it's fun! My username on there is 2fat4myjeans if anyone wants to add me.

This week is going well, down to 188.0 this morning so I still have a chance at seeing 186s by Saturday's weigh in. I came down with DH's cold but I seem to be keeping the worst of it at bay (knock on wood!)

Have a great Wednesday, everyone!

paperSkin
05-06-2009, 11:16 AM
I think I might move my weigh in day to Saturday. I find that I'm getting so frustrated with the weekend damage and then it takes so long to get rid of it, that by weighing in earlier I can own the lower numbers I see and maybe it will motivate me to keep them off.

vouge09
05-06-2009, 09:41 PM
sorry i havent been around! be back later

Fat Pants
05-07-2009, 07:56 AM
I think I might move my weigh in day to Saturday. I find that I'm getting so frustrated with the weekend damage and then it takes so long to get rid of it, that by weighing in earlier I can own the lower numbers I see and maybe it will motivate me to keep them off.

Hehe that's why I have my weigh ins on Fridays or Saturdays. They are typically the lowest days for me.

2Bthinagain
05-07-2009, 07:56 AM
Just wanted to say hello to everyone.
This is the end of week 3 for me with no coke in the morning and I'm sooo tired and moving slow.
I haven't been back on the Wii Fit since my intersticial cystitis flare up but I plan to attempt it today.
Have a great day everyone!

vouge09
05-07-2009, 05:05 PM
its been a bad week. TOM, plus working 10 hours a day standing on my feet, from 5am-2 or 3 pm so I dont have the energy to exerscise. My feet pulsate and are screaming as soon as I sit or stand so its so hard to get to workout.

Fat Pants
05-08-2009, 08:11 AM
2BThin - You are AWESOME! I tried giving up coke but I've never made it more than a week. So three weeks is amazing! Just curious, are you from the midwest? I grew up in Oklahoma and we called everything "coke," but then when we moved to Colorado, everyone thought I was weird for calling it that. Now it's "soda," but I still call everything "coke." Just curious :D

Vogue - wow, sounds tiring! I am sure that standing and walking for 10 hours a day though has got to count for some exercise. I sit on my butt in front of a computer for 8-9 hours every day so at least you're moving!

Well as for me, this week has been a weird one. I caught DH's cold and have been just plain miserable for the past two days, but today I feel fantastic and ready to get back into the swing of things... just in time for the weekend. I think I have devised an exercise plan that will hopefully motivate me not to stuff my face on Sunday at the Mother's Day brunch: going to run the 5k today and run tomorrow morning before we leave. Then DH talked about running while we're visiting his family... not sure if that one's going to happen, but it's a nice thought! Maybe if I actually stick to it, I won't GAIN this weekend, like I normally do!

Anyway, hope everyone has a great weekend as I won't be around much!!!

paperSkin
05-08-2009, 01:19 PM
Okay I gotta ask you Fat Pants, this Chipotle that you are addicted to, is it Chipotle Mexican Grill? I saw the restaurant newly opened in downtown Toronto yesterday and was thinking that maybe this is the place that you love. In which case I will never go to :) I don't need to add another place to love on my list!

Fat Pants
05-08-2009, 02:30 PM
Okay I gotta ask you Fat Pants, this Chipotle that you are addicted to, is it Chipotle Mexican Grill? I saw the restaurant newly opened in downtown Toronto yesterday and was thinking that maybe this is the place that you love. In which case I will never go to :) I don't need to add another place to love on my list!

Yes!!! That's the one! I will tell you... it's pretty darn good, but not everyone likes it. I was reading about your Thai adventure, so my guess is if you like spicy food, then you'd probably love Chipotle. A burrito (which is massive) will run you about 1,000-1200 calories. Like, a whole day's worth of calories. :moo:

paperSkin
05-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Just wanted to put in my Saturday weigh in at 184.8 lbs. Less than last week but more than my lowest.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :)

Fat Pants
05-09-2009, 02:22 PM
Just wanted to put in my Saturday weigh in at 184.8 lbs. Less than last week but more than my lowest.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :)

WOOHOOO!!! :broc: :cb: :carrot: Any loss is a good loss! Dancing veggies for you!

Today's weigh in is 186.2 - hit my goal! :goodscale: Now comes the hard part... staying there!

paperSkin
05-09-2009, 11:16 PM
Look at you being all awesome! Congrats on meeting your goal!

Fat Pants
05-13-2009, 09:19 AM
Hey everyone!!! Hope your week is going well! Just thought I'd stop by for a mid-week check in.

Everything seems to be going smoothly this week, two good days of exercise and the weekend damage from Mother's Day doesn't seem to be sticking around much. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous the past few days, so I've been spending lots of time outside. Today is an easy day though so I think I'll do a pilates DVD and maybe my strength training DVD.

Have a great Wednesday, everyone!!

paperSkin
05-13-2009, 04:06 PM
Looks like we lost 2Bthinagain and vouge.. hmmm... we are going to have to do some recruiting.

Fat Pants
05-14-2009, 09:08 AM
Looks like we lost 2Bthinagain and vouge.. hmmm... we are going to have to do some recruiting.

I know! I think we should get beerab on here. ;)

2Bthinagain
05-14-2009, 07:40 PM
Hey girls, I'm here.
I have been sick off and on since April 21 and that's why I haven't posted much. I have something called Intersticial Cystitis. There is no cure for it, I've had it since 1990 but have been in remission for the most part.
My bladder holds barely 1/4 what a normal bladder does. When I have a "flare" I feel like I have a really bad UTI, only it's not a UTI, it's just my I.C. acting up, and it can be painful. I've been to the ER and in and out of Dr. offices, and in bed....I have had good days and bad days.
So anyway, that's why I haven't posted - but I'm still here.
And due to my I.C. flare - that is why I'm giving up coke. I have had nothing to drink in over 3 weeks except water and some milk. No more coke or sodas or alcohol or sweet tea or yummy stuff for these taste buds, just the water.
I'm down to 222....not much of a loss to report...but it's something!

2Bthinagain
05-18-2009, 07:59 AM
Okay I've been back for a few days and now you guys are gone :(

Fat Pants
05-18-2009, 09:42 AM
I'm here! I'm here! paperSkin is on vacation, but I'm here! :carrot:

I have been stuck around 186 for the past two weeks. I'm so over it. I briefly saw 185 on Saturday morning but then ate too much on Saturday. I feel like it is taking forever to get out of the 180s. Ugh. At least it is a long weekend coming up!

Fat Pants
05-20-2009, 02:31 PM
Hey everyone! Where are ya??

This week has been rough (birthday, so lots of cake) but I'm back on track. I gained a lb from all the bad eating but I feel in control now. Less than 6 weeks until vacation!

Pas de Chaton
05-21-2009, 10:26 AM
Hey folks! Mind if I join your group? I have 70-80 pounds to lose (I want to lose 80 but I'll probably be happy with 70). I have lost 30 pounds a few years ago, then gained it back. Then another 50 pounds about a year ago, then got pregnant and gained it all back (yikes!). So now I'm here again and this is the LAST time I'm going to lose weight!

No specific plan, just eating a lot better, no eating out, lots of walking, and slowly adding in deliberate exercise. I use Tae Bo, Wii fitness programs, and some others.

2Bthinagain
05-21-2009, 05:41 PM
Fat Pants - Happy Bday, don't complain about your one pound, least you are in the 180s!!!!

Pas de Chaton :welcome:
I hear ya' on how the weight gain happened, your story sounds a lot like mine. I gained my weight with the kiddos (now 5 and 7) and once I lost 30 lbs but that was because I was taking phenteramine which is a no-no.
I've been sick a lot the last month, lost motivation, now I'm back on plan.

melting hot here! A good friend here has a pool, and it kills me to sit on the side with long jeans and watch my kids swim. We live near a great water park, and last summer I remember being happy thinking, "well next year I won't weight this much...." boy was I wrong!!!

Pas de Chaton
05-21-2009, 11:05 PM
Hi 2B, thanks for the welcome! I can't blame my weight gain on both my kids; with my son I only gained 16 pounds, and he was over 9 pounds! And you would think with all the energy it takes to chase them around, we would be super-skinny! But for me, it's more a lack of energy.

Does this group have a specific weigh-in day? I plan on weighing in once weekly and was thinking it would be Sunday, but I could change it.

- PdC

Fat Pants
05-22-2009, 01:52 PM
Hi 2B, thanks for the welcome! I can't blame my weight gain on both my kids; with my son I only gained 16 pounds, and he was over 9 pounds! And you would think with all the energy it takes to chase them around, we would be super-skinny! But for me, it's more a lack of energy.

Does this group have a specific weigh-in day? I plan on weighing in once weekly and was thinking it would be Sunday, but I could change it.

- PdC

Hiya and welcome!! Sounds like you have a good plan to tackle the weight loss. I think we usually just weigh in whenever we want to. Mine is usually Fridays or Saturdays, but others have done Mondays. So really, it's whatever suites you! :)

Well as for me, the birthday gain is gone and I am down just slightly from last week. I'll take it, though! We have lots of fun stuff planned for this weekend: running today and hiking tomorrow morning. Probably run again on Sunday if my legs are up for it. We don't have any big BBQs planned except maybe a casual one with our neighbors on Sunday. I'm actually glad for this as it will keep the temptations to a minimum! My challenge to myself is to make it this weekend without gaining any weight. Saturdays are usually the day I end up eating bad food.

I just wanted to share a really nummy lunch I just had! A cup of hot and sour soup from Pei Wei is 150 cals, and two spring rolls are 180 cals for both of them! They were sooo tasty! :hun:

Pas de Chaton
05-23-2009, 09:31 AM
Oops, didn't exercise yesterday. My hubby's been out of town on a temporary assignment for work and flew home last night, just for the weekend. It was a crazy, busy day and I didn't exercise. I did walk, however. Hopefully I'll get my aerobics in today. I refuse to compromise on my walks, so at least I'm not completely sedentary.

Pas de Chaton
05-24-2009, 07:51 AM
Down 3-1/2 pound from last week. My period started this week so that's probably one reason. I have been doing great with exercise and decent with food, until yesterday. As I said above, hubby is in town and we tend to make bad food choices when we're together. :) But I'll get back on track today.

How is everyone else doing this weekend?

paperSkin
05-25-2009, 01:53 AM
Hi guys, and welcome Pas de Chaton!

I'm heading back home tomorrow but popped on the computer for a bit tonight and saw all the action here!! Woohoo.. I will weigh in on Tuesday I think because I'd rather use my own scale and do it first thing in the morning.. I'm hoping the damage wasn't too bad :)

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Fat Pants
05-25-2009, 02:04 PM
Hi everyone! Happy Memorial Day for those of us in the States...enjoying my day off, for sure!

Seems I have finally gotten my act together...down to 184.4 this morning :broc:. Very happy, and am up to running 25+ minutes now. Now I'm off to relax before grilling... we're having jalapeno/lime/garlic marinated steak tonight. YUM!

2Bthinagain
05-26-2009, 11:15 AM
We don't have a weigh in day but I guess we should.
We did have a chart going around to keep track of all of us and our body percent loss or something.
I'm sick AGAIN. I wondered if I had the swine flu but my mom said I would be sicker if it were swine flu.
I have a cold, sinus, headache, lost my voice and a stomach bug.
I just can't catch a break!

Fat Pants
05-27-2009, 09:09 AM
2B - sorry you're not feeling so good! You just can't seem to catch a break! Summer colds are the worst, too... when the weather's nice and then you still feel crummy..ugh! Hope you start to feel better soon!

This week is going well. I managed NOT to start out the week with a gain, which is pretty big for me... as of today I'm down officially 30 lbs but I'll wait until Saturday for my official weigh in to record it. That should be enough motivation to keep my eating in check!

Was planning on running 4.5 miles yesterday but it was rainy, windy and cold so I stayed indoors and did a upper body strength DVD instead. Really kicked my butt..in a good way! :kickbutt:

paperSkin
06-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Wow.. it's really dead here.. I'm weighing in today at 179 lbs but I don't know if that is real or whether I still am going to regain more weight I lost during my stomach bug last week.

Hope everyone is doing well.. come back!!!

Shawski
06-23-2009, 05:09 PM
Hello all, hopefully you will not mind a new friend! I have gone completely off-track and am hoping to find a way to keep the numbers going in a favorable direction. I've been fairly decent with my Elliptical machine, but the weekend visitors and outings always undo what I do during the week. I hope to be around 150 in 12 months. I'm current around 220.

I'd also like to start swimming again. I swam competitively for years and love it, but I don't want to go anywhere near a public place in a bathing suit! Maybe that can be a mini-goal reward. Mmmmmm chlorine :)

vouge09
06-24-2009, 04:23 PM
hi shawski im in the same boat, and love swimming! PM me sometime!

paperSkin
06-25-2009, 01:27 PM
The June thread is here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173518