WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters for May~

View Full Version : Thursday Chatters for May~

jar1965
05-01-2009, 06:02 PM
Hi,

We welcome anyone who wants to join us. At some time or another we once weighed on Thursdays. If I don't mind saying so.... we are a very supportive group and help each other out anyway we can. We've been through lots together.

jar1965
05-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Hi everyone! Well today I went to the grocery store and shopped healthy. I cleaned out the fridge and the cupboards and oh do I feel good!
I'm getting ready to eat my healthy dinner and then I'm going to work out again.

Everyone have a great weekend! I'll be checking back in on you!!!!!!!

jar1965
05-02-2009, 08:46 AM
HEY YOU SLEEPY HEADS!!!!! Get up!!! I need some motivation here! ;)

Happy Saturday!

Tina
05-02-2009, 11:36 PM
Hi all,
Jeanne, thanks for starting us off this month. I don't think anyone else knows we have a new thread.

Congrats on getting all that healthy food. :bravo:
Anyone ever have a tight calf muscle that just wouldn't go away? I woke up with one yesterday. It's still really sore. I didn't do a thing to deserve this. :(
:flow1:

jar1965
05-03-2009, 09:21 AM
I started my "new" eating habits and added alittle exercise a week ago today, so I thought I'd weigh in and see.............down 2.5#! Wooooosh!

Tina - I have been having muscle spasams in my calves and my feet!!!!!!! :(

Have a good day everyone!!!!!

Tina
05-03-2009, 02:30 PM
Wow, it's a beautiful day here!!!

Jeanne, that's great about your 2.5 loss!!!!!!!!!
Do tell me about your calf muscles spasms. Friday, I just woke up with a tight calf muscle and it's still really sore.

How is everyone else doing? No muscle tightness, I hope. :lol:

auntie
05-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Howdy,

I get calf cramps all the time!!! Eat more potassium like bananas. I tend to get them in the middle of the night and end up trying not to scream!!! Take advil. I even resort to that icy rub at times!

Pat's folks have been here since Thursday. They left today. It was fun having them here. However, company two weekends in a row is not good for dieting. So I'm back on track (I hope!) I cleaned out the pantry myself and threw lots away!!

We've had some MAJOR storms here. Lightning hitting a little too close too. The pasture across from us!!!

Let's get on track and knock some weight off!

jar1965
05-04-2009, 02:33 PM
Happy Marvelous Monday everyone! I'm tired and achey and cold! I dunno why either. Yesterday was a lazy day and I haven't done anything phyiscal yet today! hmmmm!:?: I hope I'm not getting sick! Although, I still have a pesky cough. I have been fighting with it since November. I googled it. Shouldn't have!

Anyways - Tina - Yea, those garsh darn calf muscle spasams.........well I heard that about bananas as well as water. Sometimes I think it's my shoes. I dunno. I also do the icy hot rub when they happen. Sometimes I can't fall back to sleep, thats how severe they get.

I'm not off to the best start today. I'm at work, alone. When I'm alone I tend to eat more chocolate. I have had FIVE pieces today! Urgh! I actually feel kinda sick. And PATHETIC! I can't stress enough that this is not a "good" job for me!

Did anyone see the Early Show this morning? Well, they had Emmie (plus size model) and a skinny, put together, retail finance woman on. The topic was should plus size clothing be offered in stores such as "Forever", "Rue", and the other clothing stores geared toward teenagers. The skinny woman, was rude and nasty and said absolutely not!!!!!!! She used the word fat girls and also stated (in my opinion) that heavy girls don't deserve to be awarded with nice clothes. She said parents have failed these girls and they should be taught that good eating and exercise habits are important and if

jar1965
05-04-2009, 02:41 PM
sorry about that.........I had a customer....................:o

cont..........
if they want to wear the clothes thin girls are wearing they should be more disciplined with their eating habits.

WELL...........I COULD HAVE GONE THROUGH THE ROOF!!!!!!!

Tina
05-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Wow, what a thing to say on national TV!!!!!:p:p:p

Well, girls, I spent the better part of Sunday afternoon and evening in the ER!
Turns out it wasn't the normal muscle cramp/tightness.
I've got two blot clots in my left leg! One is just above the inside of my knee and the other is that DVT. It goes from my knee, down an inside vein. WHY ME!!!! (pardon my yelling.)
I'm on two kinds of blood thinners this week. Next week, I'll just be on Coumidin until the clots dissolve.
My leg hurts like the blazes. Tomorrow morning, I go get a support stocking for that leg.
My doc was funny this morning. He was a little concerned that I saw him last Thursday and I began having problem on Friday morning. :lol:

One medicine is given by injection. I told the ER dr. that I couldn't do that and was told that I could do it!
Larry is getting to give them to me--twice a day. He's working from home this week. Yea!
So now y'all know what I've been up to. As of tomorrow, I can get off the sofa and walk around more, even go to the store. I'm not going to be too adventurous for a few more days.

auntie
05-05-2009, 10:35 PM
OH MY GOSH!!!!!! Some doctors we are!!!!! Tina, how horrible!! I'm glad you went to get checked out. Do they think it's a result of your surgery? Take care of yourself!!!!!!!!

Jeanne, that is a horrible thing to say. I would want to jump threw the tv.

I got home yesterday. Pat was home, he had taken the day off. I come home to find my bike (yes, the deadly bike) out on the drive way. He had fixed it all up. Now remember the tree that jumped out in my way when he bought it for me about 5-6 years ago and I ended up in the ER. Well, he has refused to fix it for me. I guess he got tired of me saying I wanted to ride it. :) I rode yesterday and today. Now don't forget I live on a rock road. Pat's going to mow a path around the pasture so I can ride. I'm excited.

Well, off to watch some tv.

jar1965
05-06-2009, 11:02 AM
Oh my goodness Tina! So glad they caught that blood clot! Those can be dangerous if not caught! You take care! I too was in the ER last night. I was coughing so hard I couldn't breathe!!!! They did some tests and a breathing treatment and sent me home! Went to my doctor at 9 a.m. this morning and .........I have Asthma!!!!!:( Then with allergy season here, I guess it will trigger an Asthma attack just like that!!!! I'm getting ready to go to Target to pick up my 5 (can you believe it) perscriptions. 2 I will be on forever, the other 3 are short term!!!

Well, gotta run! Everyone TAKE CARE!!!!!!! WE ARE TOO YOUNG FOR ALL THIS!:hug:

PS - Susan, YAY on the bike! You go girl!

Tina
05-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Good Grief Charley Brown!!!!!
Maybe we should let someone shoot us. :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Jeanne, I am so so sorry about your asthma. How long were you in the ER?
I hope you get to feeling better very soon.
Susan, please, please be careful on your bike!!!!!
Dori, I hope you don't have some catastrophe to write us about.
Maureen, please let us hear from you!
3Meows, you are new here. We really aren't all sick, all of the time. :lol:
Tammy, how was the weekend? I'm sure it was a spiritual uplift for you.

Well friends, I went this morning and bought a lovely support stocking for my left leg. They had to measure me for it. At least, it's an open-toed one. I put it on before I get up and wear it until I go to bed. I guess I'll take my showers at night now.
Surely I'll lose a pound this week. With all this comotion, I'm really not hungry. However, I've got to eat some because of taking this blood thinner medicine. Yuck!!!
:hug:

Tammy
05-06-2009, 09:47 PM
EVERYONE GET HEALTHY AND FEEL BETTER!!!!!

Tina, take care of yourself and do what the doctors say. Blood clots aren't anything to mess with as I'm sure you already know.

Susan, be careful on the bike!!!!

Jeanne, asthma! Oh my! Take care of yourself too!

My weekend was absolutely amazing. Friday morning I sang a duet with a friend, and we did fine. I was nervous, but it sounded pretty good I thought. I gave my talk on Friday morning too, and it went fine. I talked about Bob during the talk, and I didn't totally break down. Just enough tears to make it real I guess. Lots of laughter and tears all weekend. Not enough sleep though. I might have had 8-10 hours of sleep from Thursday night till I got home on Sunday night. Needless to say, I slept almost all day on Mon. and Tues. Went to aerobics this morning, but I took a nice nap this afternoon.

No more weight loss. After eating all weekend, I was surprised I hadn't gained 10 pounds! Tim and I leave for Disney on Monday morning. We'll be home Sat. the 16th sometime that night.

Tina
05-07-2009, 11:31 PM
Hi everyone!

Tammy, I'm glad you had such a good weekend. You should've recorded your singing. ;) We would all love to hear that.

Jeanne, how are you feeling friend? :hug:

Susan, are you staying on the bike? :D
Dori, 3meows, Maureen, what's going on?

Yuck is all I can say tonight! Just taking blood thinner is scary and difficult enough. But, you have to be very, very careful what you eat. Anything that contains a lot of Vitamin K is bad. It will counteract the Coumadin trying to thin the blood.
I have a long list of the foods that are high, medium and low. Any leafy veggie is bad and not to be eaten. Things like mayo, blueberries, certain nuts, olive oil, etc. are a "no, no."
Now I have to go over the list and see what on earth I can eat on Mother's Day. Oh, I can't go out for Mother's Day lunch because of the clots. I can't go to church, either! Larry and David will have to get take-out and bring it here. What a mess! I can have shrimp but don't think I can get them fried because I can't be certain of the oil used. I just want to cry.

jar1965
05-08-2009, 06:21 AM
G'morning everyone!

I am feeling crappy too! This is too much medication to take at one time. I'm either high, sleepy, hungry, full, bad mood, good mood or nauseated! (msp) Oh well, on the road to recovery though!

Tina - My husband was on comidin for almost 2 years! (I don't know if you remember his episode or not, we actually lost him in July of 07' in our bathroom.........The paramedics were able to revive him and keep him stable, but he was in ICU for 8 days. He had a blood clot (they say it was the largest one in our area that they had ever seen) travel through his leg and heart and lungs! They had to put a "screen" in to collect all the small clots that had broken off of the big one. He was in the hospital for 3 weeks!!) I remember everything you are saying in the beginning. It does get easier. Are you calling in after blood work every couple of days? They usually change the dose a lot in the beginning. After several months I believe they go to once a month and then maintance. Keep your head up! You will be through this in no time!:hug:
Anyways...........thats why I said I'm glad they caught yours early!!!!:hug:

Gotta run! Working in the Pittsburgh store today and it is about an hour from home! As long as there are no traffic delays on the main highways!!!

Hi to everyone else! Hope everyone is well!

Tammy
05-09-2009, 12:49 PM
Tina, we didn't record our singing, but I'm sure we could do it again and maybe even go on tour! NOT!!

You take care of yourself with everything that is going on with you!!!!!! That's an order!!!!

Jeanne, hope you are feeling better!

Tim bought me a digital camera for my birthday/Mother's Day. He knew that I've been wanting one because my old-fashioned camera gets contrary at times. This will be great to take to Disney.

I need to go look at purses today. Decided that I want one to take that is lightweight that will hold lots of stuff.

Tina
05-09-2009, 03:06 PM
:bday2: Tammy :bday2you:
Oh Tammy, I was thinking tomorrow was your birthday. Please forgive me for being a day late. :^::^::^:

A digital camera is wonderful!!! Now we want lots of pictures from you. ;)

Today, FedEx arrived with a vase of 24 roses from Larry. They're gorgeous.
Happy Mother's Day to everyone!!!!!

Tammy
05-09-2009, 03:23 PM
Tina, I am terrible with remembering birthdays, so not a problem! Roses are nice! How are you feeling?

jar1965
05-11-2009, 10:19 AM
:hb::celebrate:Happy Birthday Tammy!

Ladybug2680
05-11-2009, 11:08 AM
:bday2: Happy Birthday Tammy. Sorry that I'm a few days late. :^:

Once again I'm a little backed up. I don't post as often as I should, but please know that I do read up on how everyone is doing on a daily basis. Perhaps when June 5 rolls around I'll have a little more time.

Overall, things are going well. I have signed my contract for the upcoming year and I'm a little nervous because as of now I don't know what I will be teaching next year. Hopefully, I will know before I leave for the summer that way I can prepare my units. Who knows what will happen though?

Justin and the kids are doing well. Samuel is making good marks in school and Teresa is growing like a weed and will talk your ear off if you let her. They are both ready for the summer and I'm ready for the extra time I will have with them.

Well I must run for now. I have some paperwork that needs to be completed. Talk to you gals later.

Tina
05-11-2009, 03:04 PM
Happy Monday,
Dori, it's great to hear from you. I know you're ready for summer.
That's strange that you don't know what you'll be teaching. I hope you find out before summer break. Do you have to remove all your bulletin board things before summertime?

Maureen, you are so quiet. I hope your work is going well.

I hope Tammy has a blast at Disney.

Susan, how many more days until you're out for summer? :) How is Pat doing today? Better, I hope.

Jeanne, are the pills helping you yet?

3Meows, you are doing great! Keep it up!!!

This morning, I went for my Coumadin blood test. I hope they get that regulated soon so I don't have to go more than once a week.
I'm thinking I might have at least a .5 lb. loss this week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :lol:

Ladybug2680
05-12-2009, 11:23 AM
Good morning all. It's my planning/lunch so I thought I would hop on for a brief moment. Nothing really new here. Just counting down the days (17 more with kids). There's a lot of changes happening in the county that I work in so things seem to be up in the air just a little. I'm assured that everything will turn out the way it is supposed to because God is in control. Well I suppose I should run for now. Oh btw, remember the season finale of Biggest Loser comes on tonight. Ciao for now. ;)

Tina
05-14-2009, 11:04 PM
Hi,
I hope everyone had a good Thursday. I for one stayed OP. Yea!
Maybe Friday will be a great day, too.

Everyone take care. I hope we are all feeling better.

Tina
05-15-2009, 01:55 PM
Good afternoon,
I hope everyone is out there having a great day. I wish y'all would come inside and post! :)
Larry and David wanted pizza last night. So, I did good! I had them order one of the pizzas with only cheese, onion, black olives and hamburger. It was edible. :lol: They didn't want it so I will have a couple of days worth of lunches.
I hope Tammy has had a fabulous time.
Everyone----post.

jar1965
05-18-2009, 10:56 AM
Hi everyone! It's a beautiful, sunny, cool day here in PA! I can breathe!!!!:carrot:

Hope everyone had a great weekend and stayed OP! Mine wasn't bad at all! I didn't get any exercise though!:(

I'm working so I better scoot, just wanted to touch base with you gals!

Have a great & productive day!

Tina
05-18-2009, 12:42 PM
Jeanne, I'm so glad to hear from you. :hug: I've been worried about you.

Hey, I go see my doctor tomorrow. I can't wait to see what he says.

auntie
05-18-2009, 10:35 PM
Ok, if for some reason I don't post every few days someone yell at me! I'm not getting notification! UGH!!!

12 days left!!!! I hope I survive!!!! 2 days off and then surgery on the foot. So much for getting alot done this summer but LOTS of resting with the foot up at least for 4 weeks!

Tina, take care of yourself!!! Want me to tell you again :)

Jeanne, I have mild asthma. It flairs up when I laugh alot, and when my allergies are really bad. It seems like once a year I go on lots of meds because I'm wheezing. You take care of yourself too!!

Tammy, it sounds like you had a great time and what a boy you have!!!! He is such a sweetie!!!

Dori, I hear you on not knowing what you will be doing next year. I think that is life in special ed.

I had a bug last week. Pat's doing well, still has numbness in the hand but he is trying to be patient. Not going as fast as he wants, of course!

I think I'm going to hit the sack a little early. I'm really tired.

Ladybug2680
05-20-2009, 10:55 AM
Man oh man. It has been hectic at work. We received our standardized test scores and 54 of our 8th grades failed the Math portion of the test. In order for 8th graders to be promoted they have to pass the Reading and Math portion of the test. So starting tomorrow until June 5 we will be remediating these students. Several things have happened at school this week as well. I'm just ready for the week to be over with. Of course, with all the stress I've been eating like a termite. Time to strap myself down and get back on the wagon.

Tammy
05-20-2009, 12:09 PM
Dori, I'm sure when school is out, things will calm down a bit for you. Hope you find out what you are teaching next year before you leave. That happened to me a couple times over the years, and I felt a bit lost when I didn't know.

Tina, pizza sounds so good right now! Maybe I need to go eat something or I'll end up ordering one!!

Susan, rest and relaxation after the surgery sounds good.

Jeanne, it's beautiful here in Ohio too!

Disney was wonderful, and we walked so much. I wore my pedometer, and I ended up with over 35 miles for while we were there. I didn't think that was too bad. Of course, I weighed myself this morning, and still hanging at the same weight. I tried to eat healthy on the trip, and I didn't do too bad.

Had class this morning, and boy was it a workout!

Tina
05-20-2009, 01:51 PM
Afternoon,
Tammy, I'm glad you had such a good time. Wow at you walking that much. I've heard that those places are trying to serve healthier dishes. Did you find any? :D
Dori, just hang in there a little bit longer. I :lol: laughed at you eating like a termite. What a thought!
Jeanne, how's your health? Are y'all between holidays at the shop now? I guess the next one will be Father's Day, right?
3Meows, we haven't heard from you. How are you doing?

Miss Maureen, please let us know what's going on in Canada.

Great news here---drum roll---my doctor says that I can get back to normal activities (whatever is normal for me). I can begin walking and swimming again. I've got to take it easy, especially because of my surgery. Walking is only 10 minutes for a few days and then up to 15 min. and finally back to 30 minutes. I'm sooooo ready to get my metabolism working again.
The scales are just not moving.

Tammy
05-20-2009, 03:19 PM
Tina, it was honestly pretty easy to find healthy foods. I noticed that last year when we were there and even more so this year. I ate fresh fruit, yogurt, celery, carrots, lowfat frozen yogurt, juices instead of so much of the other stuff. I still ate a couple of Mickey ice cream bars, but I can't go to Disney without those! Tim and I split some meals in the parks too. Lots of times you could substitute apples for fries, so we did that too.

I'm with you on the scales not moving. I go to my class tonight, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that their scales aren't showing a gain. Thought about just wearing a swimsuit to cut down on the clothing weight! Wouldn't that be a sight!!

I still need to work on the Bible study for tonight. I'm a bit behind, and it seems like I can't get caught up. Maybe if I'd stay home sometimes I could.

Tina
05-20-2009, 03:59 PM
What a great idea!!!!! I think we should all start going to weigh-ins wearing bathing suits. :):):)

auntie
05-20-2009, 10:43 PM
Oh an excellent idea wearing a bathing suit to weigh in! I do good one day and then the next is harder.

Tammy, 35 miles.... WOW!!! that's a lot. Just think you walked greater than a marathon!

Tina, how are you doing?

Dori, You can make it! I'm right there with you on being stressed about school. The days can't go fast enough!

Jeanne, are you feeling better? I hope so!

Tammy
05-21-2009, 08:19 AM
I'm heading out soon for a massage. I am so glad that my friend Carol suggested this woman. I've only been to her once, but I felt so good afterwards.

Carol is also a teacher, and she said she could use a massage each day till school is out. I chuckled.

My goal for this week is to be totally caught up on my Bible study when I go to class next Wednesday night. Also need to work on my memory verses. There are 10 for this session, and I've only been comfortable saying 2 at the class, so I have 8 to go. I did all 10 last session, and I can still recite most of those, so I guess that's a good thing.

Tina
05-22-2009, 11:38 AM
What a beautiful Friday!!!!!

Insurance companies! @(*#$&$%^*@! :lol: :lol:
I took a new Rx for my blood thinner to the pharmacy. Insurance will not fill it because it's a few days until time. (The ER doc gave me a little Rx on a certain date so that's the date insurance is using.)
I need my medicine soon!!!
I called the nurse and she's sending in another Rx with different instructions on it. I'm about to go over and see if this Rx will go through.

I didn't take my Claritin last night because I was dry and felt great. Bad move. Instead I took a little Sudafed congestant. Now the yuck in my throat is back. Is this more than y'all wanted to hear! :D

Tammy, I can't imagine having to memorize Bible verses now. It was hard enough when we were little. What are some of the verses? Are they long?

Susan, how many more days until summer? When is your surgery. I can come up and hold your hand--or foot.

Dori, I know you are ready to relax.

Jeanne, how are you feeling? You need another trip away from things.

Maureen, you must be a very, very busy person. :hug:

Everyone take care and stay OP with drinking your water.

Tammy
05-23-2009, 12:14 PM
Tina, I'm with you on getting disgusted with insurance companies. LOL to the yuck in the throat! Totally understand that too.

The Bible verses are a mixture. Some short, some long. The problem for me is that I didn't attend church as a child, so they are all new for me. Same for a couple of the other women in the class. Most of the women have grown up in the church so many of the verses are familiar to them. I'll list a couple of them:

John 14:21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.

1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful, he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

Those 2 were from the session that started in January, and they are the longest ones. I have to just keep working on them!

Do you guys remember my niece getting married last summer? Her husband has just been diagnosed with stage 3 hodgkins. He hadn't had any symptoms up until a couple weeks ago. He had been to the gym and thought he had pulled a muscle but it just keep hurting. He went for a checkup and a tumor was discovered. That was removed last Monday (5" by 2" in his chest). He'll be starting chemo soon. There were also nodules found in his arm, leg, and somewhere else but I can't remember right now. His younger brother had cancer several years ago and is doing well now. all prayers would be appreciated.

Tim and Lauren are off and about for the day. Maurice and I are hanging out. Plan to work on my Bible study, take a shower, and head to the store. I haven't been there except to just pick up a couple things since before we went to Disney. I guess it's time.

Hope you are all having a great weekend!

auntie
05-23-2009, 10:04 PM
Hi All,

5 days and 4 exam days left.... not that I am counting :)

I go on June 3 for my pre op with the doctor. Then surgery on June 10. I'm ready to get this behind me.

You will never guess what I did on Friday night. I went bowling with some friends. Now make sure you are sitting down when I tell you my score.... Ready??? 60!!! Even though I was horrible, it was a blast!!! I've never been good at bowling!

Tammy, I'm impressed with the bible verses. Hope you got to the store!
Tina, how are you feeling? Better I hope!
Jeanne, same question for you! I hope you are getting things under control!
Dori, hang in there. It's almost here!!! YEA!!!

Enjoy your weekend.

maureen kempster
05-24-2009, 10:01 AM
Hello everyone
I know I haven't posted in forever but honest I've been here-I'm still at the same job-personnel agency-the people are nice but the job itself is not very exciting but it pays the rent-and at my age and not being bilingual I feel lucky to even have a job! Not doing too well in the weight area-I went to a saturday morning meeting-seems to be the best time for me-and I've gained-no suprise-I just don't seem to be very motivated and I just hate it-my boss sent 12 of us(the admin and finance dept's )to Montreal this weekend-we left friday afternoon by train-it's only about 250 miles from Ottawa- and we came back yesterday evening-we went to see Circle du Soleil friday night-what an incredible show.yesterday we spent the whole day walking around shopping-he also gave us $300 for spending money-I didn't buy anything yesterday but I'm heading out today and try and find some shoes. Well, enough of me-I hope you're all just great and let's just all stick to program and have a super day

take care
I'm off to do some shopping

maureen

Tina
05-25-2009, 03:19 PM
Happy Memorial Day!!!!!

Tammy
05-25-2009, 04:04 PM
Susan, I laughed about the bowling! Fun! I used to bowl on a league, and I have many good memories of times with friends. I was at the bowling alley when I met Bob for the first time. I had to quit bowling when I was pregnant with Tim, and I just never got back into it. We did get to the store, but then once I was home I realized that I needed some other things. That always happens.

Maureen, good to hear from you! How cool that you got to see Circue de Soleil. We went to see the one (La Nouba) at Disney World when we were there in 2006. Tim didn't want to go, but he went anyway. He loved it, and he bought the DVD that they were selling. He also bought the soundtrack. Bob and I thought it was rather funny since he kept saying that he didn't like stuff like that. Did you buy anything when you went shopping?

Tina, and Happy Memorial Day to you too!! It has been beautiful here today. It's in the 70's with the wind blowing, and the sun has been shining.

Lauren just left for home a short while ago. Tim is working on homework for his class tomorrow. He works from 6 till closing tonight at Arbys. I finished my Bible study and am actually ahead for the first time in ages! Food and water have been great today. I had pizza yesterday, but I don't do that too much anymore.

auntie
05-25-2009, 09:38 PM
Hi,
Pat took me to the park to ride my bike. He walked and I rode. We went opposite directions so he could check up on me. He is so funny. I thought I was going to DIE going up the hills. So we went back today, and he said just do half and go back and forth. I think he was worried I would collapse. Riding is not as easy as it was when you are a kid. :)

Last night, we went to a local concert for habitat for humanities. It was a free concert, with 3 bands, the headlining band was Little Big Town, followed by fireworks. All for a donation for Habitat for Humanities. It was put on by a local orthodontist. We had a great time. This time we stopped at Walmart and got some folding chairs. It was much better than sitting on the ground!!!

Maureen, it's good to hear from you. Wow, that's a nice boss!!! it sounds like your trip was good!

Tammy, glad I entertained you with my bowling! :D Pat was very impressed and glad he didn't go. Glad you got all your Bible study done.

Tina, did you do anything today?

I got my lesson plans done for last week, this week and for Monday, then it starts finals. I'm not writing anything down, I'll just come up with stuff to do on those days. Can you believe it's almost here?? I AM SO READY!!!

Happy Memorial Day!!!

Tammy
05-25-2009, 10:03 PM
Susan, our garage is now organized, so my bike is now out of hiding. I guess that means I'll have to get on it and ride. I haven't ridden since sometime last fall. Good to know that Pat is checking up on you! That's sweet!! the concert sounds like a good time. Good reason to have one too. I know how ready you are to be finished with the school year!

Tina
05-26-2009, 04:59 PM
Okay, I'm not getting notified of posts. :(

It sounds like people have been busy around here. :)

Yesterday, Larry and I went several places looking at laptops. I decided that I like the notebook kind. They're smaller and lighter.
I've got a feeling that I'll be getting one for my birthday!!!!! Yahoo!
Last night, we fixed hamburgers on the grill.

If I haven't had enough wrong with me---I now have a full-blown cold.
This is no fun. If I'm not better by Thursday morning, I'll call the dr. office. He refuses to give out Rx without seeing people. Seems like he's seen me enough recently. :lol:

Everyone take care.

Tammy
05-28-2009, 08:48 AM
Tina, I used to get notified of posts, then I stopped that. I just check in when I can. Hooray for a laptop for your birthday! And hooray for hamburgers on the grill. Yummy! Hope you are feeling better with that cold! I do agree that the doctor has seen you quite a bit lately.

I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon. Running low on one of my meds, so I need to go in to see him. I want to talk to him about weaning off of it, so we'll see what he says.

It's cool and rainy here today. Good day for napping! Maurice already is. lol

Have a great day!

auntie
05-28-2009, 09:48 PM
Hi,
I'm not getting the notifications either!!!

The other night I was lifting some weights and I think I pull something. That or I have another ulcer but it didn't start until I did the weights. It hurts when I get and the food gets to a certain point. I've taken 2 days off from exercising. If it still hurts tomorrow, I'm calling the doctor. Pat's orders.

I go next week for my pre op appointment. I have a bunch of questions.

I'm almost on the last week of school. We were told today that we should pack up our personal stuff if we don't want anything to happen to it. I think that's weird but I think I might do that with hopes that I have a new job soon. I think!!!

Other than that nothing else is new!!!

Tammy
05-28-2009, 10:29 PM
Susan, I agree with Pat. Go to the doctor. You can't mess around with stuff like that. that does sound a little weird about packing up all your personal stuff. I usually just stuck all my stuff and the school stuff together in cupboards. Hope you hear something GOOD from the other school!

Class at the Y in the morning, then weigh in afterwards. I do my tracker according to the Wed. night weigh in, but I will let you know if the scales at the Y have me down any!!

The medicine I talked to the doctor about today was Prozac. He doesn't think I should wean off of it till after the 1 year anniversary of Bob's death. That's July 5. I can't believe that it has been almost a year. I think the doctor is probably right though. He is very pleased with the weight loss and how I'm keeping the BP down with the reduced dosage on that med. I don't mind going to him because he's cute! lol

jar1965
05-29-2009, 03:26 PM
Hi ladies! You have all been very busy! And sounds like you have been productive too!!;)

Not too much to report here. I gained 4# this week ........... making me 248#! I don't know what is going on. I'm tired of feeling like crap!! That is a 21# gain since I "hooked" up with you girls! I think it's working in the wrong direction?!:(

Well I guess I really need to make a decision on my job. I feel like an achololic working in beer distributor!!!!!! A hungry fat girl in a chocolate shop and now she is making fresh donuts daily!! I am also having some Asthma issues around the scents. (Yankee Candle consumes about 1/3 of our store). I said that my job is going to be the death of me. Literally!

Kaitlins dance recital was last week. It was beautiful. If I knew how, I'd share the photos with you. I planted a small garden with lettuce, red lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, spinach and some herbs. Can't wait till early July. Thats when things should be ready to pick!

Well I better scoot. I have some stuff to do before I leave work. Everyone have a great day and weekend. Talk to you soon!:hug:

Tina
05-29-2009, 03:36 PM
Jeanne, we've missed you.
All that candle smell is definitely NOT good for you. I know, you could wear a gas mask. :) Although, that might scare the customers away. Oops! :lol:
If you want, you could e-mail me a couple of the photos. I could put them on here for you---or at least, I'd try.

Tammy
05-29-2009, 10:36 PM
Jeanne, hang in there! Be careful about the asthma and the odors. I have a friend who can't go many places anymore because so many smells bother her. She has even had to go to the ER because of this, so BE CAREFUL!!! Good for you having a garden! My dad always had one, and I loved it when the tomotoes were ready.

Tim's out on his 2nd rescue squad call since 8:00. I've been listening to his scanner, and all the rescue units and fire trucks are out at a car accident outside of town. This is graduation weekend, and I know there are lots of parties going on. I just pray that the people in the accident aren't hurt too badly. I know there is a medical helicopter on the way for one of them.

Tomorrow he and I are headed to the town where he goes to school. He is going to some kind of medical training open house, and I plan to sit and read a book! Then we'll go out for lunch. I hope he's buying. lol

Hope you all have a great weekend!

auntie
05-30-2009, 09:18 PM
Howdy,

Jeanne, I have asthma and smells both me. I have to be careful not to be in place that have a bunch of smells! Take care of your self!

Tammy, did Tim have a good ride along? Oh maybe you will be something good to eat when you go to school with Tim?

Tina, how are you feeling?

My stomach is feeling some better. I will call the doctor on Monday if it's not better but it is. I'm doing all the things I did when I had the ulcer last year.

Pat cooked steaks tonight. It was so good. I'm not a big meat eater but I ate most of it.

We mowed today and I mowed part of the pasture. Now my head hurts. I think it's from being in the sun.

Ya'll have a great evening.

Sis
05-31-2009, 07:41 AM
Hello ladies. I haven't been here in a VERY long time. I am trying now to get my head wrapped around losing weight again. Its been at least a couple yrs or more since I have been here. In the last 2 yrs I have lost my mom and my brother. My mom 2 yrs ago and my brother last august. I have really went out of control on my weight. I had sat at 214 for a couple yrs and after my mom I started gaining and now I am back up to 254. I feel terrible and I am back on blood pressure meds. I really hate that. I guess I am just really in need of support and motivation to do what I know that I have to do. I hope its ok that I rejoin your group. I know you were always a great bunch of people to talk to. I hope everyone here is doing well. Take care and have a wonderful day.

Tammy
05-31-2009, 08:40 AM
Tim was out so late with the rescue the other night (2:00 AM) that we didn't go to school like we had planned. He worked at Arbys till closing last night, and he does the same tonight. Not sure what his schedule looks like for this week. Classes of course, a couple of rescue nights, not sure about Arby's, and then he starts EMT classes next Saturday. Busy kid! He is able to drive on the squad now and do more things. That makes it more interesting for him.

Susan, let us know what you find out at the doctor.

Boy, steaks sound really good!

Welcome back Sis! I'm so sorry about the losses of your mother and brother. I lost my husband last July, so I know your feelings of not really caring about taking care of yourself. In January of this year, I started a Bible based weight loss program called First Place 4 Health. It finally got the weight loss going again, although it has been rather slow. Take care, come here often, and we'll all take care of each other!

Hello to all!

Just looked at the clock. I need to leave for church in 10 minutes, and I don't have makeup on, my hair isn't done, and I'm not completely dressed. Priorities??? You guys win!!

Tina
05-31-2009, 02:15 PM
:welcome3: Sis :welcome3:
Would you believe, just the other day I saw that your e-mail address was still in my online address book. I wondered how you were doing. Small world.
I, too, am so sorry about your mom and brother.
My mother passed away this March. I've had all kinds of health problems this year. Yuck!
We are all here for you to give lots of support. We need your support, too. :hug:

Susan, do let us know about how you are.
Jeanne, when do you go back to see your doctor?
Maureen, I'm glad you still have a job. Will you have time to take French lessons?
Dori, Yea for school to be out!!!!!!!

Tammy, did you make it to church on time? :D Tim is really busy. EMT classes! Wow!

I'm so tired of taking warfarin (coumadin). Grrrr..... I cannot have my salads because they are high in vitamin K (helps the blood to clot). We went to Olive Garden today. I had to eat soup instead of salad. Larry and David felt sorry for me. :lol:
Lets all have a great day tomorrow!!!!!

Tina
06-01-2009, 01:23 PM
Please read all the above posts and then go to the JUNE thread!

Thanks!