100 lb. Club - Stress Eating

View Full Version : Stress Eating

VickieLou
05-01-2009, 03:51 PM
Does anyone have some good ideas to stop stress eating?:^:
I work for a temporary agency and things are kind of slow right now and all I want to do is binge! I try to keep busy, but still find time to binge. I belong to a gym but haven't been going as much as I should. I guess I will try to make a schedule during the day, maybe that would help.

GirlyGirlSebas
05-01-2009, 03:58 PM
My biggest problem is that I'm an emotional eater. In times of stress, I've found my best plan is to keep my binge foods out of the house and to surround myself with foods that require preparation before eating. In other words, no convenience foods. Also, I plan my calories and menu for the day. This helps me not to veer off course when trying to decide what to have for lunch or dinner. Also, exercise is key to relieving the stress. I recommend a good walk each day.

Hang in there.

bunny43
05-01-2009, 04:19 PM
I'm a bored eater! I have to find things to occupy myself so I won't eat and eat and eat.

Exercising is a great way to relieve stress. Even a short 10 minute walk would be super.

harrismm
05-01-2009, 04:20 PM
I also need to keep trigger foods out of house.This is the most important part of staying on plan for me!

GradPhase
05-01-2009, 04:23 PM
http://stress.about.com/od/unhealthybehaviors/a/eating.htm good info :)

barefootnikki
05-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Load up on good snacks (hummus, celery and red pepper strips are my fave) and graze. That might help.

Rowenna
05-01-2009, 05:54 PM
I, too, am a stress eater. I've solved the eating problem by just never buying those foods that I want, and it's worked to stop me from eating, but when all I want is to just eat and eat and eat delicious things, I have no idea what to do. I feel miserable, and nothing can seem to keep me busy enough to get my mind off of it. All I want to do is fall asleep so it'll go away. Help?!