Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-01-2009, 03:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 269/215/165

Height: 5'6

Default Home Stretch

Hello everyone! I’m a 5’6 25/Female from Houston, Texas weighing in today at 219.4 lbs. Let me tell you a little bit of what brought me to this forum.

Today it finally hit me. It is May 1st, and I have officially lost 50 lbs. I can’t believe it. I began my weight loss journey 2 years ago when I weighed 269 lbs. In the beginning I lost ten pounds in a month, maintained for a few months, lost five pounds, maintained, etc. But, I am determined that I will be down to my goal weight by my 26th Birthday. In fact, I am determined to get down to 165 by the end of August, and then work off another 10 pounds by November (my birthday). Then next summer I will be on the beach with a bikini and a surf board! I can’t wait.

But, to get there I know I need healthy living to be ingrained on every bone in my body. That is where I hope this board comes in. I love talking about my weight loss journey, because it motivates me. I’m hoping that when I’m bored at work I can jump on here instead of going to the snack machines. And, on those days I don’t feel like going to the gym I hope someone here will give me a good strong kick in the pants!

I love to exercise and I like healthy foods. I just get emotional sometimes and eat a lot of junk, as I’m sure many can relate to. In fact, I gained most of my weight after college when my husband and I were between jobs and such. But now, I’m really sick of wasting time being so fat and I’m ready to get it over with. I finally feel like I’m on the home stretch (hence the name), now that I only have about 50 pounds to go to 165. That sounds a lot less than 100+!

Once my post count is up enough I will make sure to get some pics of my before and current weight. Thanks to all for reading!
MrsHomeStretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:32 PM   #2  
No description available.

Welcome to 3FC!! Surf around and settle in! We have forums based on age, eating plan, exercise and more! I'm glad you're here!

Congrats on your loss so far! Be sure to check out the 100 lb Club and also the Maintainers forum!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 116/116/102

Height: 5'2

Congrats on the weight loss. That's awesome!
Kittenpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:47 PM   #4  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Glad you found us! 3FC is a great place to come for support and encouragement as you continue your journey.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Welcome, MrsH! Wow!! 50 lbs today!!! That is AWESOME!!!! Great job!! And good luck on your continued success!!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 213/175/150

Height: 5'5

Congratulations! Can't wait to lose 5 lbs, let alone 50. Way to go. I know the hardest part is to maintain once you've lost, keep it up and good luck.
Raquel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 232/232/180

Height: 5'5"

You have a great attitude! WElcome to the board... you will find so many people that support you and your efforts.. COngrats on the WL so far.. I won't even try to picture me in a bikini.. comfy in a bathing suit maybe!! LOL Good luck and again, welcome!
paragoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:13 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 269/215/165

Height: 5'6

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome! I was really excited to get to work today, just to goof off on this forum, haha
MrsHomeStretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:43 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 355/340/135

Height: 5'3

KristaK is offline   Reply With Quote