Support Groups - Team Tara ‘Motivatin’ May’ Chat

Riverite
04-30-2009, 11:57 PM
Welcome, Tara-ites! April brought up the beginning of our focus on daily checking in. It is a pleasure to get to be introduced to you ladies. I am eager to continue getting to know you and to continue supporting each other on this journey.

For May, let’s focus on our motivation. What is motivating you to continue this lifestyle change?

To help with motivation, consider the following:

1. Make a list of all the reasons you want to lose weight. Post the list wherever it is you need to support—maybe on your mirror to remind you every morning, maybe in your car to avoid picking up not so good for you food, maybe on your TV to remind you not to munch at night.

2. Buy yourself a calendar and some cool stickers. For every day you meet your goals, give yourself a sticker for that day on the calendar. Watch your successes add up.

3. Be positive! Post your successes. We want to hear about them!

4. Reward your behavior, not your weight. Your weight will change—it is your behavior that must stay the same. Be good to yourself after so many days of achieving your daily goals.

5. Remember: “Habit is habit. It is not to be flung out of the window by any man (or woman!), but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.” Mark Twain.

May is our month—let’s go!

Rowenna
05-01-2009, 08:11 AM
I love the start of a new month. I'm a sucker for "excuses" to start fresh and I think May is the perfect motivation! That's a great list of things to keep in mind, Riverite, and I will definitely be making a list like that soon.

Good luck in May, everyone! Talk to you soon!

freakiel
05-01-2009, 08:18 AM
Riverite, that is awesome. I'm going to do that list idea today.

The day I have been fearing and also anxiously awaiting is here. Last day of Medifast! Huge supermarket shopping spree after I get off at 1pm today.

freakiel
05-01-2009, 10:11 AM
Yay! My zero net carb cinnamon bagels just arrived! Haha along with that I ordered some low carb chocolate mini muffins and some fiber gourmet mac and cheese.

Rowenna
05-01-2009, 10:25 AM
I only have a minute -- but Ariel, please tell me where you got the bagels and mac and cheese!

freakiel
05-01-2009, 10:29 AM
locarbu.com

craftykath
05-01-2009, 04:09 PM
Riverite, your suggests are perfect. I put a list up over my vanity last night. ^_^

And...I weighed in today. I lost 3 pounds this week! I wasn't expecting that at all!

freakiel
05-01-2009, 04:31 PM
craftykath- grats!! that is so awesome.

so i did my supermarket shopping spree. $144 and 2 hours later my cabinets are overflowing.

Rowenna
05-01-2009, 06:00 PM
Ugh. I was feeling so pumped this morning, I had a great day, ate good breakfast and lunch, did pilates, strength training, and a little bit of cardio. Then I got in a fight (not really a fight, more like we just disagree on an important issue and it's very stressful) with my boyfriend and things have just gone downhill. All I want to do is eat chocolate and milkshakes and cookies and cry. I thought about going for a walk to try to get my mind off of it, but I just don't feel up to it, and I'm afraid if I walk anywhere I'll buy food (I live right downtown, close to dozens of delicious places for food). I know it is stupid to want food when it will do nothing to solve the problem, but I have no idea how to get over this!

I'm glad the rest of you are doing better than I am. Hopefully things will get better.

freakiel
05-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Rowenna- just remember not to give food any strength over you. You are a strong, dedicated, beautiful girl and you can overcome such a simple thing as food or cravings. I hope things get better for you!

1day@atime
05-01-2009, 10:13 PM
Can i ask you a few questions about the medifast diet?
Did you order online or find a place to purchase?
Is it expensive? comparable to Jenny craig or the other one ??
Do you just drink a shake every meal?

Thanks....

freakiel
05-01-2009, 11:10 PM
1day@atime- i ordered offline at tsfl.com . the first month is ~$250 and every month after that is around $300-350 depending on what you order. there is a huge variety of products. i actually rarely drank shakes. mostly ate bars, oatmeals, soups, etc. the food is pretty decent for what it is.

Rowenna
05-01-2009, 11:33 PM
Rowenna- just remember not to give food any strength over you. You are a strong, dedicated, beautiful girl and you can overcome such a simple thing as food or cravings. I hope things get better for you!

Thanks for this. I was really upset, but I ended up watching a movie by myself and working on the blanket I'm crocheting, and then I went for a long walk with my friend and got some girl talk in. That did lead to eating a brownie, but it was only a small one, and it was much better than it could have been.

Tomorrow is a new day! I am so much better than the person those cravings want me to be!

freakiel
05-01-2009, 11:39 PM
Rowenna- in my opinion, some times its necessary to give in to small bits of cravings for sanity's sake. So I've been spending all evening working on my meal plans for tomorrow, tell me how it looks:

Breakfast – 11AM
Chobani Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
3 Strawberries Cut in Half w/ Splenda

Snack #1 – 1PM
Atkins Bar

Lunch – 3PM
Atkins Shake
½ PB Sandwich:
1 Slice
1Tbsp PB

Snack #2 – 5PM
100 Cal Snack Pack

Dinner – 7PM
Low Carb Tortilla
One Steak-Um
¼ Cup Mozz Cheese
Lettuce

Dessert- 9PM
Skinny Cow Bar

craftykath
05-01-2009, 11:55 PM
Rowenna, I agree with Freakiel's advice about allowing yourself to give in to cravings. There are ways of doing it without going overboard. Lately when I've craved chocolate, for example, I've eaten one piece of Hershey's Bliss dark chocolate. I've found that if I deny myself something I really want, after a certain amount of time I'll give in and go overboard, even binge. 'Bad' foods aren't horrible if you're exercising (which you definitely are!) and only eating it in careful moderation.

Freakiel, I personally think your plan sounds great. I'm not paying too much attention to my carbs (I probably should), but if I was that's a menu I'd appreciate. Also, those Skinny Cow bars are great. ^_^

Rowenna
05-02-2009, 12:29 AM
Rowenna, I agree with Freakiel's advice about allowing yourself to give in to cravings. There are ways of doing it without going overboard. Lately when I've craved chocolate, for example, I've eaten one piece of Hershey's Bliss dark chocolate. I've found that if I deny myself something I really want, after a certain amount of time I'll give in and go overboard, even binge. 'Bad' foods aren't horrible if you're exercising (which you definitely are!) and only eating it in careful moderation.

Freakiel, I personally think your plan sounds great. I'm not paying too much attention to my carbs (I probably should), but if I was that's a menu I'd appreciate. Also, those Skinny Cow bars are great. ^_^

I agree that strict abstinence isn't always the answer, but I hate "giving in" just because my body is craving, not because I'm hungry, or I want to give myself a treat. It seems cheap somehow.

Ariel- I wish I could afford all of those shakes and special snacks that you do! I am also a big connoisseur of the PBJs - I regularly have half of one as a snack when I want something more than just veggies or fruits... they've become my candy! Good luck with your menu, it looks great!

Rowenna
05-02-2009, 08:45 AM
Oh my GOD!!!! I just had to post this, because I am over the moon and I'm afraid it might not last! I usually weigh in every morning, but I only count it on Saturdays for challenges, etc. The last two weeks or so I've been hovering between 108-109, occasionally seeing 107.8 or something similar. The way I lose weight is in chunks - since my weight is so low, it varies during the day by a pound or so, so I usually count my weight as the high end of my fluctuation. For several months I pingponged between 112-115, and then one day I started pingponging between 110-112 instead, and then it was 108-110, and now I haven't seen over 109 in a while, so that's when I consider myself to have actually lost those pounds.

To make a long story short, this morning I weighed in at 106.6!!!!! I have NEVER seen 106! I skipped right over the 107s and into this! I know that it will fluctuate, but this makes me ecstatic, because I know it is possible, and I know that I haven't even been doing a great job lately, so if I can stay on plan this week, I might actually stay at 106!!!!

I am so excited, and I now have renewed vigor for the day and the month! I might actually get to goal in May! I know some people like to weigh infrequently, but seeing low numbers INSPIRES me, and seeing high numbers does too, though it doesn't make me as happy, obviously.

I hope all of you guys are doing great too! Keep it up and you CAN SUCCEED!!!!

craftykath
05-02-2009, 10:16 AM
Congratulations, Rowenna!! Thanks for the motivation, too! :D

freakiel
05-02-2009, 12:10 PM
Rowenna! That is so amazing! Congrats!

I weighed in at 141 this morning, so 2 pounds down last week, and 25 pounds total of my 2 months on Medifast. Very worth it.

I just had my greek yogurt with strawberries, yum. I had to add some splenda to the yogurt itself too, but other than that very delicious. The texture was insanely different than regular yogurt. So thick and filling.

Riverite
05-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Rowenna - Congrats! Wow--you are so close to goal. That is awesome!

Ariel - Down two pounds is excellent. Keep up the awesome work. How is your first day off Medifast going?

My weight hasn't moved for the last little while, but I've been more worried about my health right now. I got this crazy little flu like thing last night. I was so cold and couldn't warm up--fever, cough--I was a little worried because of all the H1N1 stuff--but today, I feel just fine. I'm exhausted, as if I worked out for hours, but otherwise, I feel good. Strange. I had all sorts of plans for today, but I think I am going to take it easy.

Have a great Saturday!

freakiel
05-02-2009, 03:25 PM
My first day off has been alright. I just finished up my lunch meal and I am very full. Mmm a sandwich was a very nice change from my normal eating patterns as of late, haha. Hopefully when I hop on the scale in the morning it'll tell me that I'm not going to gain all my weight back. I am concerned about that but I think I will be okay.

Rowenna
05-02-2009, 04:45 PM
Ariel, I'm glad your first day off is going well. I'm sure your body will get used to it, and you will find ways to keep losing!

Riverite - I hope you feel better! That sounds awful. I got sick last week and for the first day I kept up my normal exercise schedule and by the end of the day I was so exhausted I seriously couldn't move. I ended up taking a few days easy, and that really helped. Good luck!

1day@atime
05-02-2009, 05:29 PM
Thank you for the info Ariel.
There is a Medifast center that is close to my house. I think i might drop by and see there program. I don't know if i could do on my own. I wonder how much more the program is then buying on-line?

freakiel
05-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Going to a center is extremely expensive and pointless. You get support without going to one, and it costs up to $200 more a month. Its an extremely easy diet to follow once you get passed the first 3 days.

1day@atime
05-02-2009, 06:10 PM
Ok thanks. My plan was to get the prices from the on-line and compare to them. I didnt realize they would be that much higher. So the first 3 days are the hardest? I was also thinking of doing the Jenny Craig. I figured on JC plan i can eat food. Decisions, Decisions...

freakiel
05-02-2009, 06:12 PM
Yeah, the first 3 days can be the hardest because the goal is to get you in to ketosis, which takes 3 days. Depending on how many calories/carbs you currently eat you can experience lightheadedness/nausia/extreme hunger for the first 3 days, and after that as long as you stay on plan and don't pull yourself out of ketosis by cheating and eating too many carbs or calories, you will be on an extremely simple diet to stick to. However, I NEVER experienced any of those side effects. It really depends on the person.

1day@atime
05-02-2009, 06:20 PM
Can you still work out while on the program? Oh, i'm sure i'll get a headache, i'll have sugar withdrawls :) I'm a little concerned because i travel some, to off-site meetings where they always bring in food. The locations i go to are remote areas, so the food they bring in is limited... it's always home cooking & fried....

So you lost 25 lbs in 2 months... That is great....

freakiel
05-02-2009, 06:22 PM
You are not supposed to work out for the first two weeks, and then ease in to it. Because of being in ketosis pretty much most things you do during the day count towards exercise, so additional exercise off the bat would be too much for your body. And thanks!

1day@atime
05-02-2009, 06:35 PM
The site you gave me is very informative.
So you did the 5+1 program. Can the 1 meal be at lunch?

freakiel
05-02-2009, 06:41 PM
the 1 meal can be any time you want it to be, as long as it consists of only lean meat and green vegetable. you get a guide when you order that shows the serving sizes of each type of meat and vegetable. you can also find them here:

http://www.medifast1.com/community/downloads/meal_plan_veglist.pdf

http://www.medifast1.com/community/downloads/lean_options.pdf

http://www.medifast1.com/community/downloads/meatless_options.pdf

freakiel
05-02-2009, 08:05 PM
I just finished my steak wrap and my skinny cow bar. YUM. So good. I am about to start planning for tomorrow.

Rowenna
05-02-2009, 10:41 PM
Yay Ariel! I'm glad you are happy about your food! Finding food substitutes or things that are tasty AND healthy is my favorite part of this experience!

I need to get some of those skinny cow things or other diet ice cream though because I can't live without it! I was babysitting this evening, and their house was stocked with snacks and of course, coffee flavored ice cream - my absolute fave. I was going to have just a serving, but then I drank two glasses of water, and took two small spoonfuls and enjoyed them immensely. No more than that! Are there any coffee flavored diet ice cream products? Low fat/sugar? I hope so...

How is did everyone else's second day of May go? Mine was alright. Within my calories, only did 75 minutes of exercise, and very low stimulation, but I am happy with myself. Tomorrow will be busy busy, hopefully too busy to worry about eating!!

freakiel
05-02-2009, 11:52 PM
Yeah I'm pretty excited about it. I am sure there is coffee flavored ice cream sugar free/fat free somewhere. I wouldn't know because I don't look for it. But good for you for the two spoonfuls. This is my plan for tomorrow:

Breakfast –
½ Cinnamon Zero Carb Bagel
3 Strawberries
Hershey's Stick

Snack #1 –
Kashi Strawberry Cereal Bar

Lunch –
Low Carb Tortilla
Chicken Breast
1 Slice FF Cheddar
1 Slice Turkey Bacon
Lettuce

Snack #2 –
Jell-O Sugar Free Cinnamon Roll Pudding

Dinner –
½ Cinnamon Zero Carb Bagel
Medifast S’more Bar

Dessert –
Weight Watchers Frozen Candy Bar Ice Cream

I work from 4pm-9pm tomorrow so I have to make my, like, cooked meal for lunch. And trust me all these treats and stuff are just being used up like this because I just bought them and I am anxious to try them, haha. But I am excited for this grilled chicken wrap I am planning.

craftykath
05-03-2009, 01:28 AM
That grilled chicken wrap sounds great, Freakiel. I think I'll make one of those next week.

Today wasn't fantastic for me, although the morning was great (got up early on Saturday with zero complaint, practiced yoga and had a huge cup of tea). But I had to go to a bridal shower for one of my best friends and had a piece of cake. A really small piece, but I felt guilt. :/ I was able to fend off my enablers tonight, though. They wanted ice cream really badly, and almost had me out the door going to get a Frosty with them. I resisted! Ate a Fuji apple w/ cinnamon instead. :)

freakiel
05-03-2009, 11:58 AM
That sounds good, did you bake the apple or anything? I love apples and cinnamon.

Yeah I'm looking forward to my wrap, and I'm going to make my boyfriend make it because he is much more of a cook than I am. I found out today that lite chocolate silk is even more delicious than full fat chocolate silk. Very tasty. After my breakfast, of a half bagel strawberrys and 60 calorie hershey's special dark chocolate bar, I am full. And very pleased. That hershey's bar was so good. Especially because they are long and thin, you feel like you are definitely getting a mouthful of chocolate, even though it probably levels out to be only a square or two. It was very worth it.

freakiel
05-03-2009, 03:07 PM
The wrap was very tasty and very very filling!

freakiel
05-03-2009, 04:09 PM
on a different note, cinnamon roll pudding, not so much.

craftykath
05-03-2009, 05:49 PM
No, I just peel and slice the apple and sprinkle cinnamon on. I've never tried it baked. How would I go about doing that?

I woke up really late today. 1 PM. :( I went to bed really late, but I got way too much sleep. I woke up groggy and sore, but the yoga helped. And now I'm about to go get on the bike. Yay.

Freakiel, where do you buy the Hershey sticks? I've never heard of them. I bet there are less calories in one of those than in the Bliss chocolates I eat.

freakiel
05-03-2009, 05:54 PM
I got it at Giant. In the candy isle. It was so satisfying because of how long it was vs. being thick and fat, which only take 2 bites to eat, if that. So it felt like just enough. I got the dark chocolate ones because I love dark chocolate but cannot eat it in a bar form because it is too overwhelming for me, so having the dark chocolate stick is perfect because it is just like, the perfect amount.

Rowenna
05-03-2009, 08:51 PM
Hey all! Glad everyone's been having good days. Ariel, your food experimenting is making me jealous! I can't wait til I'm off the meal plan and I can shop for all my own food! Two weeks. Keep posting the things you eat, it's giving me great ideas!

Today was alright. It's amazing to me how I can not count my calories at all, but end up with almost the exact same amount day after day. I have had my daily intake within 17 calories three days in a row, totally incidentally.

I also finished my last paper for the school year! One more week of classes to go! I only got 45 minutes of exercising in... damn this rain! It has been raining for what feels like forever, and it's not supposed to stop for a while. I just want to exercise outside!

freakiel
05-03-2009, 08:58 PM
Yeah it has been raining quite a bit. Today is just nasty out. I swear I have a life, btw, everyone probably thinks I don't with the frequency I am in this topic, but I have nothing to do at work but surf my computer, therefore I am here a lot. My job is just to man the front desk of the apartment complex I live in on campus and hand out toilet paper and answer the phone every once and a while.

Yeah I'm having quite a bit of fun with food, this diet has certainly helped me ENJOY food more, rather than just give in to it. I don't have emotional ties to food anymore, just a fascination with it, which I am really glad for. And I promise I am not rich, I spent way more money than I should have at the grocery store. Between my tuition and car payments, I could've saved the money, but I figured I am going home to wait tables in two weeks, so why not. Plus I needed food and I had pretty much nothing because of Medifast, so I had to start from scratch.

Holy cow my shift is over! Yessss.

As I typed that and was standing up to shove everything in to my bag and run out of here, someone walked in. Life is funny sometimes, isn't it?

Alright I am really going this time, haha.

craftykath
05-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Mondays suck.

Riverite
05-04-2009, 06:11 PM
I definitely hear you about Mondays...ugh. I hope your day is going better now that it is getting into the afternoon.

Actually, I can't complain, because I didn't go to work today. I got up, and since I still had a little fever, I called in for a sub. Actually, I went to work at five this morning to get out before seven when all the kids start showing up. I feel fine now, but I probably would have received about 100 parent phone calls if I went to work with a fever since all the swine flu stuff is going around. Better safe than sorry. I haven't called in sick yet this year, so I don't feel too bad for missing today (a little bit).

Ariel, I'm glad things with the new diet seem to be going well. Keep up the awesomeness! Sorry to hear it has been nasty, rainy out. Is it better today?

Rowenna
05-04-2009, 06:18 PM
Nope. It is even more rainy and gross today.

Sorry you are feeling ill, Riverite! Don't get the swine flu!

Things for me have been okay. Mondays are so busy, I haven't even been back to my place since 8:30 am. I am using my boyfriend's computer right now, actually, because I won't get back to my place until 10:15 or so. I did get to the gym, did my strength training routine which I love, and then I ran a mile on the treadmill - first time I've ever tried to run a mile without stopping. I was really impressed - usually I get side cramps, my feet hurt, or I get out of breath, but I did it in 11:30 at a medium jog, between 5-6 mph, and burned 120+ calories. Yay! I am going to try to go back to the gym to get in 30-60 more minutes of cardio after my night class, but we'll see how I feel.

I have been doing a one-week no dessert challenge, and so I've been finding dessert substitutes - wheat toast with jelly, cereal, fruits. It's been pretty fun actually, because it still feels like dessert, even though it's not. I had to pass up some massively delicious chocolate cake, as well as brownies, cookies and ice cream, but I let myself have some frosted flakes! I was worried I might come out over calories, but I am actually under - who knew? I still have about 150 which I can eat to get to my normal intake, so maybe i'll have a little popcorn during the hockey game.

I love weekdays - it is much easier to motivate myself to stay on a schedule and stay on track. I feel pretty good, despite the gloomy weather.

What did you have to eat today Ariel? :) (or anyone, please give me fun tips!)

freakiel
05-04-2009, 10:57 PM
:( not going as well as i planned. my old enemy snacking for no good reason has come back to haunt me.

Rowenna
05-04-2009, 11:13 PM
Snacking... such a problem. Why do we want to just eat and eat and eat for fun and not for nutrition or to combat hunger? I try to ask myself this when I feel like chowing down, and yet no reasoning seems to make up for the urge to put handful after handful of food into my mouth and chew.
Your best bet is to keep healthy snacks around for your urges, and distract yourself as much as you can. The busier you are, the less time for meaningless snacking. I am now addicted to stove-popped popcorn popped in olive oil, with a pinch of salt and no butter. I used to love the super buttery kinds, and now I can't stand them! Plus, a little popcorn goes a long way. I can eat 1/4 cup (prepopping) for 130 cals, which translates to 5-6 cups after popping. That is a lot of food!

Perhaps try chewing gum? I've heard that can work, though I don't think it'd satisfy me. Drinking water has been good for me - keeps my hands and mouth busy, I can sip away all day.

In a pinch, if I'm craving food that's nearby and I want to keep myself from eating it, I paint my nails. Can't put your hands in a bag of chips with wet polish! Plus, it looks pretty, and usually by the time they're dry I am over the craving. Though unfortunately not all the time. And you can only do your nails every so often...

Good luck Ariel! I know you can do it! And remember, not all snacking is bad. Just use your judgment and be moderate. Now if only I could stick to my own advice....

freakiel
05-05-2009, 12:25 AM
Yeah everything I have been snacking on has been healthy, its just, coming off this plan, my body is so used to eating 80g of carbs a day and 900calories a day so I have to try really hard to replicate that and work my way slowly up to normal amounts or else I will gain when I am not even eating that much. :(

craftykath
05-05-2009, 01:57 PM
238.8! It's probably just water weight, but I haven't been below 240 in a long time. It made my morning. But Tuesdays suck harder than Mondays, so the day still blows.

One thing I have found that really, really helps cut down on my cravings is ice cold water with cucumbers in it. If you let the cucumbers soak in it overnight the water will taste amazing, and it's really refreshing (unless you hate cucumbers, in which case it's probably not so great). I started drinking it two weeks ago and my urges to snack haven't completely disappeared, but they're nothing like before. I've probably babbled about this before, but it's honestly been a miracle worker for me.

Riverite
05-05-2009, 05:23 PM
Kath--Congrats! That is awesome. Is that a total loss of 20 pounds? That is so cool---you are definitely on your way!

I can't wait to try that cucumber idea--that is totally new for me. Sometimes I have trouble drinking lots of water because it tastes so much like, water.

Rowenna
05-06-2009, 06:22 PM
:( Today is not a good day. Well, it's not that bad actually, but I feel terrible. TOM is coming and it is the worst for me craving-wise, and I let myself get into my head and convince myself that I should go off plan. I had to grab some deodorant at CVS today, and I spent at least ten minutes in the junk food aisles, debating on buying some. Three months ago, I would have grabbed a bag of double stuff oreos, a dr pepper, some Ben and Jerrys coffee flavored ice cream, a kit kat and probably a twix bar. Maybe something salty, too. Ugh it was honestly torturous going there. The only thing that kept me from buying things was looking at the calorie counts. I told myself I could have anything I wanted that was under 100 calories. I couldn't find a single thing.

The real problem is that for the last year, I have maintained my loss at 115 pounds, eating absolutely whatever I wanted, and exercising moderately, but not regularly. My mind, especially around this time, tells myself that that weight is not so bad, and one splurge really won't hurt.

Honestly, I couldn't care less about weighing 105 or 115, but being healthy has become very important to me... my mind just doesn't get it yet. I really want to be able to stop counting calories, and eat what I want, and not binge without trying. Is this even possible? So many people here say they cut out junk food cold turkey and I don't have any desire to do that. I definitely want to limit it, and to add a lot of better foods into my diet, but I want to be able to grab a kit kat bar or some ice cream because they taste good. I want to be able to do this willingly, by making the choice, instead of doing it when a craving tells me to - I feel so out of control when this happens!

I have managed to stave off the desire, and I got a 6" Subway sub for dinner, and I'm eating it slowly with lots of water. I even have enough calories for some (air popped, butter-free) popcorn this evening if I want. That should be a great feeling! But instead I feel lousy. All I want is chocolate and cookies.

How do I eat healthy when I don't have the "I'll be fat if I eat it" to keep me on plan? If a cookie would make me gain a significant amount, I'd never touch it, but food quality is not really my problem... HELP!

craftykath
05-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Rowenna: I personally don't think it's unhealthy to indulge in 'bad' food once in a while, in moderation. My own problem with that sort of thinking is that once I start, it's really, really difficult for me to stop. But if you have a strong will power and you really do think of it as an indulgence rather than a normal, every day thing, I don't see why you shouldn't allow yourself to have an occasional 'bad' cookie or candy bar.

How does one go about attaining that will power and keeping it easily, naturally? I have no idea. I'm 239 pounds, and I'm this overweight largely because I can't answer that question for myself. ^-^ But you have mentioned cravings before, and it sounds like these cravings really upset you. And I know from personal experience that if I let cravings upset me, I'll eventually give in and binge.

I also understand that cravings can be caused by many things. Stress, lack of sleep, unhappiness...to curb these cravings, you might have to try to identify some outside cause. The cravings could also be a way of your body telling you to seek a certain nutrient, like magnesium (when the body is need of magnesium, it can cause you to crave chocolate, for example).

As for CVS...that place has always been awful for me, too. It's awesome that you were able to look at all that candy and not buy any of it. I was at CVS the day before yesterday and instead of buying chocolate, I let myself buy eyeshadow. I think I'll make that a routine. If I make it through CVS without perusing the bad aisles, I'll let myself buy a little reward. Um, I suppose it'll be a victory if by the end of the summer I have a bag full of eyeshadow and lip gloss...!

Anyway, I hope today's a better day for you. And that everyone else is doing well, too.

Rowenna
05-07-2009, 04:25 PM
I know that the cravings are, while partly due to TOM, also related to stress. I have identified my stressors (I am at a transition point in my life - finishing the school year, madly trying to find a job and a place to live, dealing with plans falling through, trying to finish up the last of my classes, dealing with my boyfriend's plans and issues, etc) and I know that they contribute to this. I just don't know how to stop them!

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I have no problem eating the junk food, if I'm hungry, or I want to treat myself, or because it just tastes good. I DO have a problem with my body demanding I indulge in these things just because it's stressed out and upset about nonrelated things! I want to be in control and make a decision to eat the candy or not eat it - I don't want the craving to control me.

I am working towards that control, but I am definitely not there yet. Thanks for your advice and support, craftykath.

Where is everyone else? How are you guys doing? I miss you...

craftykath
05-07-2009, 07:26 PM
No, I get what you're saying. I want to say, "Look at ME, if anyone gets it, I get it." My problem isn't a finicky thyroid, let's put it that way. :D

I suppose we can't completely control our bodies, no matter what. My mom doesn't eat junk food, doesn't eat a lot of sugar, doesn't overindulge...because she never feels like it. But her body is different. And I think there's only so much control we can have over it. Which is SO frustrating, I know. We can rationalize and reason with ourselves over what we truly do need to be eating and doing actively, and yet our body insists on having these crazy cravings anyway, without our consent. It's unfair. Makes the unrealized lawyer with in me go nuts, lol. And I guess there are 'techniques' and 'tricks' to oppressing cravings and what not, but I don't think anything will ever completely make the disappear.

And I'm really sorry if I've been annoyingly verbose. Sometimes I forget that people often just want to vent, not to be fed a list of advice. Also I need to stop procrastinating and finish this paper...:^:

Riverite
05-07-2009, 08:42 PM
Being in control of the craving is such a difficult thing. I think it just takes lots and lots of practice. I quit smoking five years ago (yay!) after smoking for 12 years. It is amazing to me how much dieting is similar to quitting smoking--except worse. Because you have to eat. And, for some reason, it is "okay" for people to encourage you to have a brownie even if you say no at first (could you imagine people saying "one won't hurt" to someone quitting smoking or drinking?).

For me, quitting smoking just took lots of practice. Practice ignoring cravings, practice solving stress in other ways, practice thinking of myself as someone who doesn't smoke. Now, the craving to smoke is gone. Does that every happen with food? I don't know--but it has to get better.

craftykath--Your post really made me think. It made me realize that I don't have complete control over my body, but I do have control over my responses to my body.

It is interesting how we all crave different things. I've never craved sweets or chips. Hot wings and beer--that's my downfall. I wonder why we are all so different?

Three weeks of school left! I can't wait!

Rowenna
05-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Lol Riverite, you're like my boyfriend. He loves beer, and as soon as he's had a few, he wants to order hot wings. Having a local hot wing delivery place is torturous for him!

I on the other hand, hate wings. I also hate beer. I have horrible cravings for anything snacky, though, both sugary and salty. Salty isn't so bad because I can have no butter, no oil popcorn, which I love. Sugary/chocolaty is not an easy fix. There just isn't a substitute for a whole box of oreos. And the only chocolate that people say is remotely "good for you" is dark chocolate, which I also hate. Go figure... my body is out to get me.

freakiel
05-07-2009, 11:35 PM
Ugh what a terrible day today was. I was having a bad day so I kinda went crazy. You see, in the past I have used eating as a form of self-punishment. Its my way of taking out things on myself, gorging myself until I am ridiculously full. Today was one of those days, the first time I have done it in months. I feel terrible. Horrible. Sick to my stomach. I am so scared I gained a lot of weight this week.

Rowenna
05-08-2009, 12:17 AM
Ariel - we all have our own struggles, and we all have bad days, and horrible days. Leave today behind you and start fresh tomorrow. I know you are strong and I know you can move past this. Don't let a bad day ruin your week. Don't let food control your mind and your life. There is so much more than that.

Keep posting. We are here for you!

freakiel
05-08-2009, 07:56 AM
Thanks Rowenna. I just woke up and read this and it meant a lot. Today is a new day, clean slate. I am going to do just fine.

Rowenna
05-08-2009, 08:07 AM
Of course you will! And even if you struggle, you will get through it, and you will be stronger.

freakiel
05-08-2009, 11:25 AM
this morning for breakfast, i had one slice of double fiber wheat bread with one tablespoon of natural peanut butter and a green apple. i just had a kashi soft baked strawberry cereal bar for a snack. i signed up for the one week trial of weight watchers and i am going to try to track things with points, as i remember that being successful for me, although counting the dining hall is going to be difficult. so far today i have had 6 of my 25 points.

Rowenna
05-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Yeah, counting while being on a meal plan is tough, whether it's points or calories. I think I am going to take a break from tracking my food (or at least from tracking the calories) for the weekend, because we are having a party weekend where students make all of the food for the whole college, and it will be close to impossible to calculate calories. I'm going to make healthy choices, keep active, and enjoy the weekend - this is what the real world is like... I'm not going to add up numbers forever. This is my trial weekend. If I can do it during a three-day party, I can do it for life!

I had corn, rice, a little turkey, and a banana for lunch. Normal protein shake for breakfast. I did my strength training routine, lots of ab working, some jump roping (that is way harder than I remembered!) and a pilates class. This afternoon I will be running, and this evening I will do plenty of calorie-burning DANCING!

Riverite
05-08-2009, 08:29 PM
Rowenna - Sounds like a fun weekend!

I've been struggling with being on track since I got sick. I haven't been totally off as far as food, but I also haven't been counting. I also haven't been to the gym for a week. I don't mind taking some time to heal, but I am eager to get back on schedule tomorrow!

craftykath
05-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Well, ****. I did so well this morning and afternoon. And I didn't exercise today, just yoga, but I helped a friend move into my apartment and lugged a lot of heavy stuff and definitely got a work out from that. People kept making comments as I ran out to make sure I got all the heavy stuff. So my muscles are sore and I have a nice, active, nutritional morning and afternoon to be proud of, but...her parents took us all out to Fuddrucker's for dinner.

I ordered a 1/3 (their smallest) turkey burger with pepperjack chease. I managed to forgo mayo and stuck with mustard, and piled on lots of veggies, but when we sat down her dad ordered three large orders of fries and onion rings. So I slowly eat the extra pickles and lettuce I put on the side. Then I slowly begin eating my burger. And then I think, one french fry won't kill me. One tiny onion ring won't kill. OK, two won't kill me, three...and you can guess what happens next.

I've calculated my calories for the day and I'm still under 1500 (barely), but today was the day I planned on beginning to take care of how many grams of fat I ate. :(

I will make up for it this weekend, though. Now I'm going to make some chamomile tea and eat a strawberry and drown myself in a book. Fridays suck as much as Mondays, lol.

I hope everyone's Friday was better than mine. Riverite, good luck tomorrow. I will be with you in spirit, dragging my butt to the lake RAIN OR SHINE. Although I can't promise the same if there's a thunderstorm.

Riverite
05-08-2009, 09:45 PM
craftykath - Thanks for the good thoughts!

It can be so hard when those around us aren't watching what they eat. Great job getting the turkey burger and focusing on the veggies. Remember...tomorrow is another day. What are you reading?

freakiel
05-09-2009, 09:42 AM
:( i gained 5 this week. but hey, this week is a new one. just got back from a run around my campus (~2mi) gonna do some crunches then take a shower.

Rowenna
05-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Yay Ariel! Everything is not about weight... it's about feeling good and doing good things for your body. Running, crunches, and all the good eating you've done is worth it no matter what you weigh. And remember that it's not about losing weight really quickly, it's about maintaining a healthy lifestyle. The weight will come off, and your body will look and feel so much better.

I have been eating a little recklessly this weekend, but I've also been being active, and having fun. I am extremely sore from working out yesterday, but my body feels great. Even though I ate some junk yesterday, I weighed the same 108.4 I've been at all month, so that's encouraging.

freakiel
05-10-2009, 09:14 AM
I am back down to 143.5 this morning, haha, I guess because it was newly gained weight it was easier to lose.

Rowenna
05-10-2009, 09:19 AM
Yayyy!!! Ariel I'm so happy for you! Plus, it is finally pretty outside with no rain! Unfortunately, I am super sunburned. My boyfriend keeps calling me "raccoon eyes" because of my sunglass-sunburn. Good luck with those last few pounds! They'll be gone soon!

freakiel
05-10-2009, 12:01 PM
I know it is so nice out. I got a little sun on my face running yesterday, but I am a pale redhead so that isn't too difficult. How long have you and your boyfriend been together?

freakiel
05-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Oh, and since I like sharing my meal plans with you guys:

B- PB Toast, Granny Smith Apple, Hershey's Special Dark Stick (6 points)
S1- WW Peanut Butter Cookie (1 point)
L- Chicken/Mozz/Turkey Bacon Wrap (7.5 points)
S2- Smart Pop Popcorn(2 points)
S3- Luna Sunrise Bar: Blueberry Bliss (3 points)
D- Turkey Sandwich on Wheat with Cheese (3.5 points)
S4- WW Frozen Candy Bar (3 points)

believe it or not this is all 25 points (my daily allowance)!

freakiel
05-10-2009, 12:48 PM
omg that wrap is so tasty. officially one of my favorite things to make. and its pretty healthy too! unfortunately i didn't have any lettuce to put in it this time. but uggh i am so full!

freakiel
05-10-2009, 08:50 PM
just checking in again before i get off work. i hope everyone is doing well today. i've stuck to my plan today and i feel pretty good. i think i got the binging out of my system for the most part. my mom just ordered me a handheld weight watchers point calculator so that'll be cool when i get that. that way i can stand in the store and figure out how many points everything is. i plotted out my meal plan for tomorrow:

B: 2 servings (1.5cups) Fruity Cheerios (3.5 points)
1/2 serving (.5cup) Lite Vanilla Silk (1 point)
Chobani Vanilla Fat-Free Greek Yogurt (2 points)
L: PB Toast (3 points)
Blueberry Nutri-Grain Bar (2 points)
S1: WW Peanut Butter Cookie (1 point)
S2: Kashi Crunchy Chocolate Caramel Bar (2 points)
D: Dining Hall :( (hopefully 8.5 points, gonna try to find lean meats/veggies)
S3: Skinny Cow Truffle Bar (2 points)

Rowenna
05-10-2009, 10:36 PM
Oh, Ariel, I love your food lists. I have had a ridiculous weekend of overindulgence. Tomorrow is time to get back on the wagon. The good news? As of now, I haven't gained any weight. I don't know why... but I'm okay with it. Since my schedule is changing this week (done with school) I will be pretty much winging it exercise and foodwise. I'll be biking to work, and hopefully still finding time to do my strength training at the gym, though i'll have to switch my days. Food, I have no idea. But at least I'm burning calories with all the packing and moving boxes I've been doing.

I promise (please hold me to this!) to start posting some of the delicious recipes and meal ideas I try out, once I am in my own home with my own kitchen. I have so many ideas bouncing around. Question about your wraps - do you use corn or flour tortillas? Or something else?

Oh, and my boyfriend and I have been together for 14.5 months technically... we were more casually dating for the six months prior, but he asked me out (aww!) on the Leap Day last year, which is why we have to count our relationship in months. We won't have a true "one year" anniversary until 2012. How about you and yours?

freakiel
05-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Aww that is so cute! We've been together for almost 2 and a half years. our anniversary is new years. haha.

I use Tam-X-ico's Lo-Carb Tortillas. SOOO tasty and are about $3 for a pack of 8.

Please post recipes/foods! I should start reviewing all the various bars, etc too. I'll start doing that tomorrow.

Rowenna
05-11-2009, 07:32 AM
Ooh! Good plan on the bars. I will be dragged off to several fancy restaurants this weekend with my BF's family since he is graduating on Sunday! It will be fun, but I have no idea how eating will go. Also, it is raining again. I really hop it stays dry enough for me to bike to work. I feel like every time I plan outdoor exercise, it gets ruined by the weather...

freakiel
05-11-2009, 07:58 AM
Okay here is my food review for the day, I will edit the post as the day progresses:

Breakfast

Fruity Cheerios - DELICIOUS, taste like healthier Trix. 5/5

Lite Vanilla Silk - I was scared this would be very strange in my cereal, but it wasn't at all. the flavor was very subtle and hidden, so it just provided the nice wetness I needed for my cereal for a lot less calories and fat. 4/5

Chobani Vanilla Fat-Free Greek Yogurt - I actually had to add quite a bit of splenda to this to get it to stop being so damn sour. But its not bad, now that I have it sweetened. 3/5

Lunch

Nature's Own Double Fiber Wheat Bread - I love this bread. It's extremely tasty and very filling. 5/5

Simply Jif - This peanut butter tastes so pure. Also very filling. 5/5

Blueberry Nutri-Grain Bar - I am biased towards ANYTHING blueberry. But I love these. 4/5

Snacks

Weight Watchers Soft Baked Peanut Butter Cookie - Okay so I bought these on a whim yesterday when I was at the store because I was hungry, they were 1 point each and I thought why not. These are so yummy. I really really enjoy them. Heating them up for 15 seconds or so makes them taste exactly like fresh baked cookies, and I love soft cookies, and its usually hard to replicate that in boxed foods. I will definitely keep eating these. 5/5

Kashi Crunchy Chocolate Caramel Bar - This was really odd. I don't think I will be eating it again. 2/5

craftykath
05-11-2009, 08:25 PM
I found my new favorite breakfast: fresh strawberries, thawed frozen blackberries (because they're cheaper than fresh), a half cup of uncooked old fashioned oatmeal, and a half cup of fat-free french vanilla yogurt. I've always hated breakfast, but I've had this three times in a row now and it's delicious. I'm actually eager for breakfast tomorrow morning. Plus it fits perfectly in my caloric intake for the day.

Yay.

Freakiel, I love your daily menus. I looked for those chocolate stick things at Wegman's but couldn't them. I'll have to check my local Giant.

freakiel
05-11-2009, 08:29 PM
That sounds really good, I love blueberries, but yeah the fresh ones are ridiculously expensive. And thanks! I hope you guys actually want me to post them and I don't just flood the topic with them, haha. I was thinking of starting a blog where I review diet foods and take a picture of my meals, especially since I always scour the internet for pictures of the bars I buy before I open them.

freakiel
05-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Speaking of meal plans, here is my meal plan for tomorrow!

B
-Kashi GoLean Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Bar (6 points)
-Zero Carb Cinnamon Bagel (2 points)

S1
-Luna Bar: Blueberry Bliss (3 points)

L
-Turkey Sandwich (3.5 points)
-Medium Granny Smith Apple (1 point)

S2
-Clif ZBar: Chocolate Chip (2 points)

D
-Chicken, Cheddar, Bacon, and Broccoli Wrap (5.5 points)

S3
-VitaTops Deep Chocolate Muffin Top (1 point)

freakiel
05-11-2009, 11:10 PM
http://onlynowexists.blogspot.com/

this is my new blog in which i will daily update menus with pictures and reviews. i will continue to list my meal plans on here if you gals wish, but i encourage you all to check out that site!

Riverite
05-12-2009, 09:53 AM
How is everyone doing this fine morning? It has been awhile since I checked in. Work is getting crazy lately, and that has been keeping me busy. Only 12 more days of students!

Ariel - Your daily menus sound awesome. I am so impressed with your ability to plan out your days. I've never been that organized. I am really boring though..and eat the same things for breakfast and lunch almost everyday.

freakiel
05-12-2009, 10:41 AM
Thanks Riverite! I am usually not super organized but having you guys to share it with or my new blog, I will be motivated to keep myself organized and on track. I really encourage you guys to check out my blog I am making really in depth reviews of the foods I eat and will add pictures, as soon as I find my camera cord. I am also going to do really in depth check-ins/weigh-ins on there.

I am currently finishing up my official LAST PAPER OF THE SEMESTER! Whoop!

Last night I finished my last homework assignments of the semester. After 2 classes today, I only have 2 performances, 1 program, and 2 finals until sweet sweet freedom.

Hope everyone finds this post well today. I think I will take a run after work this morning before my 1pm class.

freakiel
05-13-2009, 11:12 PM
welp, last tonight and today and today was a total loss. last night i went to bob evans with my boyfriend and some friends to celebrate the end of classes. i got a fried chicken sandwich with cheese and bacon and some fries and a biscuit. it was extremely unhealthy. then today was my **** day so i was running around like crazy. i way overate. but the good thing for me was that i ate a percentage of the amount i use to eat and by 7pm-ish i was painfully full. like it hurt so bad. i definitely learned my lesson. ugh.

Riverite
05-13-2009, 11:34 PM
Sometimes it takes a reminder to let us know how far we have come. if you felt the difference, then it is clear that you have made some healthy life changes. Start fresh tomorrow! You are on your way to your goal!

Rowenna
05-14-2009, 09:12 AM
I have been having a crazy week, and really haven't been online much... I ate way too much last weekend (I totally understand the feeling, Ariel, of just being TOO full... idk how I used to eat so much!) but I've toned it down and I am getting used to eating better without any planning or controlling or tracking, which is my ultimate goal. I did have a lot to drink last night, and pizza... but it's a new day, and it's the LAST DAY OF CLASSES!! Things are going to be much better soon!

Riverite
05-14-2009, 09:41 AM
The scale finally moved! It hasn't been all that long, but I feel like I've been at 211 forever. All of a sudden, it dropped to 208 this morning! I always wait a few days before really believing it, but it was encouraging to see a change!

Rowenna - Congrats on the last day of classes! I have to admit, I am jealous! I have been trying not to do any tracking either lately. I used to keep track of every calorie, but it kinda felt like a waste of time because I was always pretty far under my calorie limit. At the same time, it feels like I haven't been loosing weight as fast when not tracking (maybe because it is easier to cheat if I know I don't have to write it down?). I'm not sure what to do--I don't want to write down calories for the rest of my life... I notice you are really close to goal (yay!). Did you track while you were loosing the weight in the beginning? Maybe I just need to keep with the tracking since I still have 45 pounds to go.

freakiel
05-14-2009, 02:46 PM
B - 6pts.
-PB Toast (3pts.)
-1 cup dry Cheerios (1pt.)
-Grapes (1pt.)
-WW Cookie (1pt.)

S1 - 2pts.
-Raspberry Nutri-Grain Bar (2pts.)

L - 6pts.
-Atkins RTD Shake (3pts.)
-Snickers Marathon Bar (3pts.)

S2 - 2pts.
-Clif ZBar: Brownie (2 points)

D
-Dining Hall :( (hopefully 7-9pts.)

S3 - 2pts.
-ONLY EATING THIS IF I CAN FIND SOME LIGHT STUFF AT THE DINING HALL.
-Skinny Cow Vanilla Truffle Bar (2pts.)

Rowenna
05-14-2009, 06:38 PM
Riverite - I actually did not start tracking my food until I was about 10 pounds from my current goal. I maintained at 115 for about a year successfully without counting calories... I started tracking really just to give myself a good idea of how much I should eat, and now I'm following my body's cues and eating in a way that I hope I can maintain for the rest of my life. I agree that I was just spending too much time tracking, and if I went even a little bit over calories I would get really down on myself - to the point where I would take smaller portions of fruits and vegetables to make the numbers work. I decided that while it was helpful in some ways, it was not really ultimately beneficial to me. Now I let myself eat pretty much unlimited fruits and veggies when I want to, and only try to moderate my intake of strict "junk" food.

It's working surprisingly well for me, considering I have maintained at between 108 and 111 for this past week, even though it's been full of parties, snacks, drinking, pizza, and way too much end of the year stress, limited exercise, not to mention TOM. I am so proud of myself! If I can do this well with all this going on, I can't wait to see how well I do when things calm down for the summer!

Do what works best for you, I would say. If you cheat too much when not counting, then count, especially if you're not happy with your loss. Ultimately do what makes you feel best. If tracking drives you crazy, stop for a while. Good luck!

Riverite
05-14-2009, 08:39 PM
Rowenna - Thanks for the advice! I might start counting again. I did learn a lot about how to construct my meals and which foods were worse for me than I thought.

So, tomorrow I have an interview! It is for a small charter school. I am really excited, but really nervous. I wasn't planning on teaching next year--I only applied to this school because it looked REALLY interesting. I actually didn't think I would get a call to interview. I've been looking though my suits...they are all either size 8/10 or size 18. Somehow, I think I completely skipped all the sizes in between on my way up. Nothing fits quite right, and I feel like I am swimming in my smallest 18. But, it will have to do. Wish me luck!

craftykath
05-14-2009, 09:08 PM
Riverite, good luck on the interview!!

It's raining here yet again, but I was able to go to the lake twice this week, which means I walked about 10 miles altogether. Not bad? I'm going to go again tomorrow morning if it isn't raining.

I don't think I'll have time to log back in until Monday. I hope everyone has a fun weekend!

Rowenna
05-15-2009, 08:37 PM
Good luck on the interview, Riverite! I probably won't be around much more this weekend, my boyfriend is graduating and I'll be out to dinners and lunches with him and his family and I will also be completing the first stage of my move - the move out portion. I don't get to move IN until next weekend... hopefully it'll be fun though, and I'll be too busy to have cravings or do too much snacking. At least I am done with the dining hall!!

freakiel
05-15-2009, 10:29 PM
oooh! good luck on the interview!

i, also, will be busy this weekend. :(

moving out of dorms, yay.

but i will be on to log my weight in the morning, i am super scared i gained again.

tonight for dinner i had mini english muffin pizzas, 2 english muffins for 4 mini pizzas. they were so tasty and really filling and all 4 of the mini pizzas, an apple, and broccoli in cheese sauce was only 6 points!

Riverite
05-15-2009, 11:05 PM
Your mini pizzas sound good! We had some kind of low calorie pizza tonight for dinner--it wasn't very good. We will definitely have to try your mini pizzas. I used to make pizza on tortillas--that was also pretty good.

The interview went okay today---I never know if it is good or bad.

Ariel - Good luck with moving--the good thing about moving is that it is a workout!

freakiel
05-16-2009, 09:52 AM
i am still 146. boo.

Breakfast - 7pts.

2 Kashi Waffles (3pts.)
1 FiberOne Yogurt (1pt.)
Strawberries (0pts.)
WW Chocolate Chip Cookie (1pt.)
Fiber Granola Bar (2pts.)

Rowenna
05-16-2009, 10:29 AM
Hang in there, Ariel. We all have our ups and downs. I am (thankfully) done with my week of bouncing between 109 and 112 and am back between 108 and 109... I don't think I'm going to hit my goal by June 1, but as long as I can get back into my old exercise routine, I will be happy. I am going to the gym for the first time in a week :( (besides for yoga class) so it will be interesting to see how out of shape I have gotten...

Good luck with the move, Ariel!

freakiel
05-18-2009, 12:11 PM
I hope everyone had a great weekend! Nothing like final weeks, when its like the intro to the summer. Monday morning and I didn't have to wake up early or do anything. This morning, I woke up, watched an episode of "United States of Tara", did some cardio, took a shower, then headed down to my boyfriends room and had some delicious Kashi Waffles (3 pts for 2!), some yogurt, and an apple. And now here I am about to straighten my hair and head to work. My last final is tomorrow morning at 8AM :( so I will be spending my shift at work reviewing precalculus, which might as well be in latin for me. But after that final I have nothing to do until Friday! I have work on Wednesday afternoon, then I am taking the 3hr drive back to Ocean City that evening and then I lounge around unpacking/cleaning until I start up work at home on Friday. I'm pretty excited.

I hope everyone's day is lovely!

OH! Also, if any of you were interested in my progress pics, here is a link:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171894

Riverite
05-18-2009, 09:52 PM
Wow, Ariel! You look awesome! Congrats on your progress!

Rowenna
05-19-2009, 04:52 PM
Ahh! I have been MIA for way too long. I am all moved out, though, which is such a relief. Internet will be sporadic for the rest of this month, though. I went to the gym and did strength training, plus 65 minutes of cardio, and I've been walking around downtown all day. I haven't been to the grocery store yet, so I had Subway today, but I resisted and didn't get chips or a cookie or a soda. Just plenty of water today.

It has been quiet around this thread lately... I hope the rest of you are doing alright, and are just busy!

craftykath
05-20-2009, 05:24 PM
Hello all! I hope you're enjoying mid-week. My weekend was a lot of fun. One of my best friends got married on Sunday. I looked like an enormous pink elephant in my fluffy bridesmaid dress, but it was worth it. I would have walked down the aisle in a potato sack if the bride had asked me too. :)

I'm still stuck solidly at a whopping 237 as of today, but it's my TOM so I don't feel badly about it. I've walked over 10 miles so far this week, and will probably do more tomorrow.

freakiel
05-23-2009, 09:32 AM
i need some serious serious help here. i fell off the plan this past week because i have just been so stressed and sad about various things and i reverted to the only way i knew how to treat that, with food. i gained 8 pounds last week. i am not 154lbs. 12lbs. lighter than i was when i started medifast. with 3weeks of eating i have managed to successfully erase 4 weeks of work. i feel terrible. just terrible. i have never hated myself more. i just don't know what to do anymore.

Rowenna
05-23-2009, 10:10 AM
Ariel! I am here for you! I know those numbers feel awful, but look at it this way... your weight has changed so rapidly in both directions - but it's been such a short time! It feels awful to stay bigger now when you know how much better you can look and feel - but there is plenty of time. You can reverse that weight gain, but you have to stay focused and not let yourself get completely discouraged. Medifast helped you lose very quickly, but you can't expect to be able to do that on your own. Focus on losing slowly, and making good choices. I know you have it in you! I admire your food planning and choices and I'm so proud of what you have accomplished! Everyone falls of the wagon sometimes - I have been up and down this month a lot. You can do it! I'll be around all day if you need someone to talk to.

craftykath
05-24-2009, 03:21 PM
I fell off my plan this weekend, Ariel. My fall has been pretty epic. But things like this happen to everyone. Weight loss is anything but easy. And you definitely should not hate yourself, ever. Don't let this discourage you.

craftykath
05-28-2009, 05:10 PM
I'm a threadkiller. I hope everyone's week is going well!