Old 04-30-2009, 09:35 PM   #1  
Coloradomom

S/C/G: 147/142/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Schwans anyone?

The Schwans guy stopped by the other day, and I got the 2 newest meals that they are offering in their livesmart line- the Asian Orange Chicken was delicious, and it comes with green beans with almonds, and sweet potatoes for 280 calories. Does anybody else order the livesmart food from them? I was looking at their ice cream, and I know that it also taste good. We also got the Hot and Spicy Breaded Chicken patties- they are 190 calories, but it is something different than just eating plan chicken.
frustrated mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I have used Schwan's , the food is good but a little pricey. The quantities are too much for me. And the ice cream is delicious!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

Schwan's is way cool. The truck used to come to my farm 45 years ago!

Yes, it started as mostly ice cream, but do you know the story for these two newest entrees in the LiveSmart line? They were developed on Celebrity Apprentice. The Asian Orange Chicken is one, and the other is Turkey Meatballs and Pasta.

I have ordered, but not received yet.

Way cool company.

What is the deal with Nutrisystem? There is some kind of partnership there, I think.
maryblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:35 PM   #4  
Coloradomom

We watch the Celebrity Apprentice also, and I had just got a new Schwans book from the driver the week before that aired. When the show said they were both creating 2 new meals, I looked at my husband and told him the 2 new meals, because I just saw it in the magazine. I tried the turkey meatballs- they are pretty bland, but the Asian Orange Chicken is DELICIOUS! The apple blueberry cobbler that comes with the whole package is also pretty yummy. The package is so small, but I guess that is the portion we should be eating. That was one of my problems, before I started counting calories- I would probably eat all 4 portions, in one sitting, I love desserts!
Old 05-02-2009, 05:26 PM   #5  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

When I hear Schwans, I think Ice Cream.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 05:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

How big are the livesmart options from Schwans? Family size would be great. We have the truck that comes around every month but I never buy anything. I don't do too much frozen but they are great to have in a pinch.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:20 PM   #7  
Coloradomom

The livesmart portions are for one person, like a t.v. dinner portion. I think they might have bigger portions, I'm not sure. Check out their website. I know they have a lot of yummy choices. I don't buy very often, but they are so tasty, that I have to buy once in awhile.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 209/174/155

Height: 5'6"

I like Schwan's! He comes tomorrow again. I don't get a lot of their food because I am more of a 'homecooking' person but I do get some ice cream. I like the Chocolate Malt Push Ups (90 calories) and Root Beer Float Bars (90 calories). I have to be very self disaplined though when I do eat them because I have a hard time eating only one! I have a had a couple meals and only like one of them so far. It works good for those days when I am in a pinch for time.
Phyxius79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:29 PM   #9  
~*Lupo di Autunno*~

S/C/G: 162/115/115

Height: 5'3"

They need to make a light vanilla bean in their collectible Christmas tins. :< They do have some really good light ice creams and sherbets, but I don't order from them very often.
Wolf Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:56 PM   #10  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

Yep! Some of my favorite items are the sushi, oven roasted chicken bites which are Perfect for when I make stir fry or add to salads and I just recently tried the strawberry fruit bars. They're a nice little treat when I want something sweet and I can eat 2 for under 100 calories!
butterflygurl is offline   Reply With Quote