South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 06:02 PM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Phase I Chick-Check - May 1 and onward

new Phase I chicks and continuing Beachers.

This is the thread for Phase I folks to ask questions, share ideas and join together for mutual support. Experienced Beachers read this and offer their comments too.

Everyone should check their profile to be sure it's set to max posts per page. See Too Many Pages? in the sticky above.

Here's the link back to the old thread which is closed.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 212/172.4/150

Height: 5'9"

Day 12 of Phase 1 for me. Doing pretty good, I think. I realized today, however, that I am eating at least 4 meals on the days that I work. I wake at 3 am, and eat 2 hardboiled eggs sometime between then and 630 am. then i have lunch, which is usually a salad with chickpeas (3 oz bean, 1.75 cup veggies) or hummus with veggies. then after work, anywhere from noon - 3pm, I eat several small snacks, or 1 lunch type meal. ex. almonds, cheese stick, yogurt, lettuce wraps with tofurky or fake bacon and tomatoes, etc. then I have dinner around 6 or 7 pm. I am only eating because I am hungry, I am usually starved by the time I get home from work. Is it okay to eat this many meals?
Old 04-30-2009, 08:25 PM   #3  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

I'm officially starting my phase 1 on Monday, May 4th
Old 04-30-2009, 10:21 PM   #4  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by baristamon View Post
Day 12 of Phase 1 for me. Doing pretty good, I think. I realized today, however, that I am eating at least 4 meals on the days that I work. I wake at 3 am, and eat 2 hardboiled eggs sometime between then and 630 am. then i have lunch, which is usually a salad with chickpeas (3 oz bean, 1.75 cup veggies) or hummus with veggies. then after work, anywhere from noon - 3pm, I eat several small snacks, or 1 lunch type meal. ex. almonds, cheese stick, yogurt, lettuce wraps with tofurky or fake bacon and tomatoes, etc. then I have dinner around 6 or 7 pm. I am only eating because I am hungry, I am usually starved by the time I get home from work. Is it okay to eat this many meals?
I would eat a larger serving of beans with your salad. Veggies and hummus is a snack for me and wouldn't keep me full enough to count as lunch. I think your plan is fine. Eat when hungry.

I eat a huge salad (2-3 cups of greens) with mushrooms, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, etc. with cheese and turkey or egg and salmon or beans and cheese(a couple different protein sources). Make sure you're including 2 Tbs of good fats daily. They really help keep you full. I eat nuts daily plus olive oil and RF salad dressing.

Last edited by murphmitch; 04-30-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:00 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone,
Its day 4 for me. yesterday was really hard. I am totally craving fruit. I was a real fruit addict before this so its very hard to give that up. I'm sure my body is craving the refined sugars but I miss the taste of a juicy mango or something. I had a bunch of fruit in my house that I had bought last weekend before I decide to start SBD. It was just sitting there tempting me. I brought it in to school and gave it to my students as snacks. They must not get a lot of fruit at home because they get really excited when I give it to them.

I also think I over did it on the nuts. I was definatley eating to many pistacios and I wasn't really hungry. this is an old habit I have that I am really trying to break, the mindless snacking. I might have to give up on the nuts till I get it under control. Its a lot harder to mindlessly eat salad!

Does anyone know, are sunflower seeds OK? I used to eat them at my son's baseball games because it was so much work and effort to eat just a few it would take up a lot of time, that way I wouldn't hit the concessioin stand for anything else.

Have a good day and TGIF!!!!
Old 05-01-2009, 08:19 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello everyone today is day 7 for me on Phase 1.

Baristamon you are doing fine you are supposed to eat when you are hungry on Phase 1. You might want to add some veggies to the eggs for breakfast. I always have V8 with my breakfast- easy way to get some veggies in.

Jennie you should start feeling better either today or tommorrow.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:32 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Jen, sunflower seeds are OK but limited. Check out the food lists. Are you getting your dairy and legumes? They usually help with the carb cravings.

Pearlrose, I'm still in love with your avatar and actually ordered one.

Barista, snacks should work for you. It's your day's total that counts.

Eskinomad, I'm sure you will be spending the weekend prepping mind and body for Monday.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 262/see bar/150

Height: 5"6

Well, I was very proud of myself awhile back I broke past 230. But I think I let myself get a bit too happy and took it for granted and it went back up. So, am going to be hitting P1 again to get back on the right track.
I just had a good P1 breakfast... except I could barely swallow it. Eggs make me nauseous. I may have to do lunch for breakfast or something.
I think I must be slightly mad for starting in on this at the top of the weekend.

Also, I need to find a place that sells super small tupperware or plastic containers just so I can take a TB of approved salad dressing with me. It would making eating out so much easier.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:51 PM   #9  

Mistypaw I started Phase 1 last Saturday, I geared myself up for it mentally and I did great.

For those small containers try going into the baby section- they have really small containers for snacks. I use those for salad dressing.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:24 PM   #10  

Hi.Today is day 4 for me.not new to SBD but it has been 6 months or so and I came back to eliminate cravings for sugar and ****e stuff.I have a question.Which salad dressings are OK when you are eating out.I usually just do ranch but I know its not reduced fat.I stay far away from fat free.Can you pros share some tips.(Vinegar and oil is OK but usually my last choice.)
Old 05-01-2009, 02:25 PM   #11  

Why did it bleep out white? ...interesting!
Old 05-01-2009, 03:14 PM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Now That I know I have a job (I didn't post it here but IM NOT LAID OFF!) I have no excuse for eating Absolute Crap )
I'm starting ph 1 tomorrow!
Old 05-01-2009, 03:19 PM   #13  

kierie I am so happy to hear that you did not get laid off that is great news and a good reason to start phase 1
Old 05-01-2009, 03:20 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 212/172.4/150

Height: 5'9"

Hey everyone. Jumped on the scale today because I couldn't resist the temptation anymore. With today and tomorrow left on P1, I am down 7.4 lbs!
This makes me feel pretty darn good! Guess my extended lunch/snack period is working out just fine.

Murphmitch: How many beans would I need to eat? 4 oz?

Jennie: It is so easy to go over on nuts! I always eat a handful more than I wanted to. You could try portioning them out in baggies, that way you'd have to go and get more if you want to eat more. Sunflower seeds are really salty, the low sodium ones are good

Pearlrose: I know I need veggies in the am, but I hate V8! I used to get up and make eggs with spinach and mushrooms for breakfast, but I now have to get up at 3:30 am to get to work by 4:30, and that is challenge enough. I just fill up on extra veggies thru the rest of the day.

Ruth: thanks, I feel like that is what is working best for me. just need a little reassurance.

I really want to stick with it this time and not give in to temptations that will throw me off plan. Glad you girls are here!
Old 05-01-2009, 06:01 PM   #15  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Baristamon, 4 oz is usually 1/2 cup. I frequently eat a whole cup though. On occasion, I have eat a whole can of beans (16oz).
Closed Thread