South Beach Diet - Phase I Chick-Check - May 1 and onward

Ruthxxx
04-30-2009, 07:02 PM
:welcome: new Phase I chicks and continuing Beachers.

This is the thread for Phase I folks to ask questions, share ideas and join together for mutual support. Experienced Beachers read this and offer their comments too.

Everyone should check their profile to be sure it's set to max posts per page. See Too Many Pages? (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140732) in the sticky above.

Here's the link (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2720142#post2720142)back to the old thread which is closed.

baristamon
04-30-2009, 08:03 PM
Day 12 of Phase 1 for me. Doing pretty good, I think. I realized today, however, that I am eating at least 4 meals on the days that I work. I wake at 3 am, and eat 2 hardboiled eggs sometime between then and 630 am. then i have lunch, which is usually a salad with chickpeas (3 oz bean, 1.75 cup veggies) or hummus with veggies. then after work, anywhere from noon - 3pm, I eat several small snacks, or 1 lunch type meal. ex. almonds, cheese stick, yogurt, lettuce wraps with tofurky or fake bacon and tomatoes, etc. then I have dinner around 6 or 7 pm. I am only eating because I am hungry, I am usually starved by the time I get home from work. Is it okay to eat this many meals?

GradPhase
04-30-2009, 09:25 PM
I'm officially starting my phase 1 on Monday, May 4th :)

murphmitch
04-30-2009, 11:21 PM
Day 12 of Phase 1 for me. Doing pretty good, I think. I realized today, however, that I am eating at least 4 meals on the days that I work. I wake at 3 am, and eat 2 hardboiled eggs sometime between then and 630 am. then i have lunch, which is usually a salad with chickpeas (3 oz bean, 1.75 cup veggies) or hummus with veggies. then after work, anywhere from noon - 3pm, I eat several small snacks, or 1 lunch type meal. ex. almonds, cheese stick, yogurt, lettuce wraps with tofurky or fake bacon and tomatoes, etc. then I have dinner around 6 or 7 pm. I am only eating because I am hungry, I am usually starved by the time I get home from work. Is it okay to eat this many meals?

I would eat a larger serving of beans with your salad. Veggies and hummus is a snack for me and wouldn't keep me full enough to count as lunch. I think your plan is fine. Eat when hungry.

I eat a huge salad (2-3 cups of greens) with mushrooms, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, etc. with cheese and turkey or egg and salmon or beans and cheese(a couple different protein sources). Make sure you're including 2 Tbs of good fats daily. They really help keep you full. I eat nuts daily plus olive oil and RF salad dressing.

jennie934
05-01-2009, 09:00 AM
Hi everyone,
Its day 4 for me. yesterday was really hard. I am totally craving fruit. I was a real fruit addict before this so its very hard to give that up. I'm sure my body is craving the refined sugars but I miss the taste of a juicy mango or something. I had a bunch of fruit in my house that I had bought last weekend before I decide to start SBD. It was just sitting there tempting me. I brought it in to school and gave it to my students as snacks. They must not get a lot of fruit at home because they get really excited when I give it to them.

I also think I over did it on the nuts. I was definatley eating to many pistacios and I wasn't really hungry. this is an old habit I have that I am really trying to break, the mindless snacking. I might have to give up on the nuts till I get it under control. Its a lot harder to mindlessly eat salad!

Does anyone know, are sunflower seeds OK? I used to eat them at my son's baseball games because it was so much work and effort to eat just a few it would take up a lot of time, that way I wouldn't hit the concessioin stand for anything else.

Have a good day and TGIF!!!!

Pearlrose
05-01-2009, 09:19 AM
Hello everyone today is day 7 for me on Phase 1.

Baristamon you are doing fine you are supposed to eat when you are hungry on Phase 1. You might want to add some veggies to the eggs for breakfast. I always have V8 with my breakfast- easy way to get some veggies in.

Jennie you should start feeling better either today or tommorrow.

Ruthxxx
05-01-2009, 09:32 AM
Jen, sunflower seeds are OK but limited. Check out the food lists. Are you getting your dairy and legumes? They usually help with the carb cravings.

Pearlrose, I'm still in love with your avatar and actually ordered one.

Barista, snacks should work for you. It's your day's total that counts.

Eskinomad, I'm sure you will be spending the weekend prepping mind and body for Monday.

mistypaw
05-01-2009, 01:47 PM
Well, I was very proud of myself awhile back I broke past 230. But I think I let myself get a bit too happy and took it for granted and it went back up. So, am going to be hitting P1 again to get back on the right track.
I just had a good P1 breakfast... except I could barely swallow it. Eggs make me nauseous. I may have to do lunch for breakfast or something.
I think I must be slightly mad for starting in on this at the top of the weekend.

Also, I need to find a place that sells super small tupperware or plastic containers just so I can take a TB of approved salad dressing with me. It would making eating out so much easier.

Pearlrose
05-01-2009, 01:51 PM
Mistypaw I started Phase 1 last Saturday, I geared myself up for it mentally and I did great.

For those small containers try going into the baby section- they have really small containers for snacks. I use those for salad dressing.

harrismm
05-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Hi.Today is day 4 for me.not new to SBD but it has been 6 months or so and I came back to eliminate cravings for sugar and ****e stuff.I have a question.Which salad dressings are OK when you are eating out.I usually just do ranch but I know its not reduced fat.I stay far away from fat free.Can you pros share some tips.(Vinegar and oil is OK but usually my last choice.)

harrismm
05-01-2009, 03:25 PM
Why did it bleep out white? ...interesting!

KO
05-01-2009, 04:14 PM
Now That I know I have a job (I didn't post it here but IM NOT LAID OFF!) I have no excuse for eating Absolute Crap :) )
I'm starting ph 1 tomorrow!

Pearlrose
05-01-2009, 04:19 PM
kierie I am so happy to hear that you did not get laid off that is great news and a good reason to start phase 1 :)

baristamon
05-01-2009, 04:20 PM
Hey everyone. Jumped on the scale today because I couldn't resist the temptation anymore. With today and tomorrow left on P1, I am down 7.4 lbs!:D
This makes me feel pretty darn good! Guess my extended lunch/snack period is working out just fine.

Murphmitch: How many beans would I need to eat? 4 oz?

Jennie: It is so easy to go over on nuts! I always eat a handful more than I wanted to. You could try portioning them out in baggies, that way you'd have to go and get more if you want to eat more. Sunflower seeds are really salty, the low sodium ones are good:)

Pearlrose: I know I need veggies in the am, but I hate V8! I used to get up and make eggs with spinach and mushrooms for breakfast, but I now have to get up at 3:30 am to get to work by 4:30, and that is challenge enough. I just fill up on extra veggies thru the rest of the day.

Ruth: thanks, I feel like that is what is working best for me. just need a little reassurance.

I really want to stick with it this time and not give in to temptations that will throw me off plan. Glad you girls are here!

murphmitch
05-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Baristamon, 4 oz is usually 1/2 cup. I frequently eat a whole cup though. On occasion, I have eat a whole can of beans (16oz). :o

adaminu
05-01-2009, 10:44 PM
It's day five, I AM surviving!
I am just so anxious about losing weight, I am so afraid of doing all this stuff and ending up not losing much. I am resisting the scale 'cos I know that if I don't see a result that will definetly make me give up. I promise myself to weigh in at the end of the two weeks wich I think it is a good challenge for me. I should not attach my happiness to a silly number!
The nuts are very dangerous!:devil: It is almost impossible not to crave 50 more after you eat 15!!!!
I loooove the edanames beans, they are kind of sweet and nutty. I like the frozen uncooked ones, I put them in a bowl, cover with water and microwave them foe 6 minutes. Add some salt and that's it.
Good Luck to you all! Persist!

baristamon
05-01-2009, 11:34 PM
Baristamon, 4 oz is usually 1/2 cup. I frequently eat a whole cup though. On occasion, I have eat a whole can of beans (16oz). :o

i thought that 1/4 cup = 1 oz. i usually eat 3/4 cup in a salad.

losin it for good
05-01-2009, 11:38 PM
Hi all! I'm nearing the end of Week 3 - I chose to keep out carbs for an additional week and it's still going well...weightloss slowed, but I'm okay with that. I am scared to add them back, as I see a lot of people are or have been in the same boat...I am going to start slow. What to pick, what to pick! :P

adaminu
05-02-2009, 01:05 AM
Tonight I made up this great little dessert so I thought I would share:
It's just Sugar Free Orange jello, prepare it as directed and when it is solid I put it in cup and mix in a little fat free half and half(which is much better tasting than I ever thought possible!).
Is it ok to use the fat free half and half on phase one? I thought so because it is one of the ingredients of that recipe for the fake mashed potatoes. I just wonder if it is ok to use it once a day, everyday?

murphmitch
05-02-2009, 01:29 PM
i thought that 1/4 cup = 1 oz. i usually eat 3/4 cup in a salad.

If you read the nutrition label on the side of the can, it will say 1/2 cup = about 120-135 gms, depending on the bean. One ounce = 28 grams. So 1/2 cup is about 4 ounces.

murphmitch
05-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Is it ok to use the fat free half and half on phase one? I thought so because it is one of the ingredients of that recipe for the fake mashed potatoes. I just wonder if it is ok to use it once a day, everyday?

Fat-free 1/2 & 1/2 (2 tablespoons). Listed in the Phase I Foods list. OK to use once daily.

Pearlrose
05-02-2009, 07:08 PM
I everyone on Day 8 here, I weighed in today for first week and am down 4 lbs so I was happy about that.

Just finished taco bake for dinner it was yummy and now I am going to eat sugar free fudgescile (Sp?) for dessert.

RidiculouslyAddicted
05-02-2009, 08:27 PM
Hi guys, a re-newbie here.

I'm on Day 2 of Phase 1 for the second time ever. I got within four pounds of my goal weight previously, and got overly confident, started school, stopped exercising, started eating garbage again, and here I am!

Honestly, I'm really depressed about this. I don't WANT to be a yo-yo dieter, but I feel that my addiction to sugar (and food in general) is tooooo strong for me to do this. :( I'm also really angry that I let myself get back here, and that I'm so out of shape again. How do you just pick yourself up and move on???

lightfello
05-03-2009, 01:55 AM
Shelby,
I'm in the exact same position as you. This is day 2 of phase 1 for me as well. I've done it successfully several times before, but have never made my goal weight. I'm not really sure how I'm going to stick with it this time, when I haven't in the past. I love food and eat when upset, happy, etc.
I do have some events coming up so in the short term that's keeping me focused. Beyond that I'm not sure. I'm just taking it one day at a time and keep checking in here with the hopes it will inspire and keep me on track.
Good luck,

adaminu
05-03-2009, 01:56 PM
It's day seven! I am on the top of the hill, right in the middle telling myself: "if you did 7 days so far you can do another seven, yes you can!"
I went out for dinner last night with my DH and I actually enjoyed it (not totally).
I ordered:
chicken fajitas,
salad instead of rice and beans,
took my own olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing and a little bunch of nuts,
2 slices of avocado instead of the guacamole.
I was satisfied at the end, still craving the chips with salsa and the warm homemade tortillas, but that's the deal and I want to see results.
It's the price to pay, right?!
It's been a big mind game for me, always self-talking about all the benefits and rewards about sticking to the plan. At least I am more aware of what I think and do.

Good Luck to you that are just starting, I really didn't think I could come this far and I did, one day at a time.

Have a great week "at the beach"!

Hugs, Danielle

baristamon
05-03-2009, 04:05 PM
supposed to start P2 today, but may have ruined it with jelly filled shortbread cookies before I even had breakfast. i feel so disappointed, and physically ill, as a result. I wish I could understand why I do such irrational things? There is no good reason for it. I don't want to be overweight forever. I know the best way to "cure" myself is to stay on plan and not give in, so why did I eat those stupid cookies!?

On a different note, my post cookie, pre breakfast weigh in was 174.2, so my total loss on P1 was 7.8 lbs.

Also, I walked almost 6 miles yesterday, not including all the running I did at work. My car is broken, so I had to walk the 4.5 miles to work because buses/BART doesn't run early enough to get me there. On the way home I used transportation, but also did some walking, and went to trader joes on the way home and carried 2 heavy bags of groceries the remaining .5 mile home. Unfortunately, my legs and back are KILLING me, and I plan to take it very easy today! Fortunately, my BF bought us a bike, so I can ride the 4.5 miles, instead of walk it.

jenne1017
05-03-2009, 06:14 PM
Danielle - Great job eating out!!! Sounds choices get us to our goals :carrot:

Barista - I (used to) do the same thing. I don't know why it is either. I guess old habits don't die off as easily as we want them to? Glad you got back on the horse!

As for me, I am on Day 4 of Phase 1 for the 4th time around. I did so well for 3 months, lost 25 and in the 1.5 month time until May 1, I gained 10 back. Ugh. So disgusted but back on Phase 1 for a week to de-crave and then back on to Phase 2. Hitting that "not hungry at all" phase now. Also sluggish. But plan to incorporate Wii Fit back into my life come tomorrow!

Still laid off...but that gives me more time to lose weight, lol. Happy Sunday!

KO
05-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Hey Ladies
I started Ph 1 today instead of yesterday DH wanted Chilis and I wondered why my hands were 3X the size this AM
Breakfast was a protein shake (I know not 100% beachie but I'm finding what works for me)
Lunch a Nori wrap with ham and cheese
and dinner
was grilled salmon with ginger garlic teriyaki zuch squash mushrooms and onions and arugula salad
I made some ginger iced tea and I really like it!!

baristamon
05-04-2009, 12:43 AM
after beating myself up a bit longer, i took it easy for the rest of the day. had hummus and veggies for lunch, and also a piece of that flourless bread with low fat cream cheese. dinner was a chickpea curry recipe i got from this site with red peppers and spinach. i had it with a fried egg on top, very delicious. may have gone overboard on the beans, but whatever i needed the protein, plus i already had blown it for the day. tomorrow is a new day! will not cave in the morning. that's the hardest for me, I wake up hungry and want the first naughty thing i see. i will go straight for the eggs and spinach tomorrow! maybe i'll de-gill and slice a porto-mushroom cap for the eggs in the morning, too. if its already done tonight, i'll be more excited about it in the morning. thanks for helping me feel better, chicks.

Pearlrose
05-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Baristamon, you just have to take it one day at time and get back on track when you fall off, the faster you do the better. I am in this boat because I stayed off track for too long.

I am on Day 10 another successful weekend of staying on track. This time around I am not even dying for berries yet so that is a good sign. Next Saturday will be moving into phase 1.5 for me- slow and steady.

Kim_Star060404
05-04-2009, 12:41 PM
Hi, everyone! Just jumping back on the P1 wagon this morning. I'm hoping to cut the bad-carb cravings. I'm being cautious as my workouts are pretty intense and that + P1 usually doesn't work well for me. I'm hoping to get at least a full 7 days in, but will gladly take the full two weeks if it's working.

I hope to be back later today, but I need to get back to work!

jennie934
05-04-2009, 01:52 PM
Hi Everyone,
Phase one was rough over the weekend. I had two birthday dinners to go to!!! Yikes. One was my mom's and she is the one who gave me the SBD book so it was pretty safe, I just had to skip dessert which was hard. The other we went out. I did the fajita thing no beans, no tortillas, no rice. But they wanted to charge me two dollars extra to replace all that with a salad so I just munched on the fixins they normaly give you.
I took a peek at the scale even though its not yet a week and it looks like I'm down 6 pounds!!! yay!! but then I got my period which sometimes makes me get really bloated so I'm going to wait until that is over which will be the end of Phase one for an official weigh in.

Foe everyone who is upset because they are losing weight they gained back. Don't beat your self up, just be happy that you caught it now and not 20 more pounds from now. I gained a lot this year but no where near what my highest weight was. My docotor suggested I pick a point that would be my highest I would allow myself. Anytime I start to regain, if I get close to thatnumber, I just start over. It has helped me because in the past, I maybe woudl have just reagained everything. I'm sort of rambling but I think you should be proud you have made the choice and are getting in contol now rather than a fe months from now. So don't beat yourself up!!!
Have a good phase one day!

KO
05-04-2009, 02:43 PM
Hey Ladies
So far so good today
B protein coffee
S 1 cup of zuch and squash and 2 tbsp hummus
L 2 oz smoked turkey 1/4 cup RF italian cheese 2 tbsp flax and Arugula salad
a med coffee with milk
D Either Pork Sirloin cutlets or Soup depending on my level of gastro exuberance when I get home
and Poss smashed Cauliflower

Kim_Star060404
05-04-2009, 03:26 PM
Ugh...Day 1 is always so weird for me. I don't feel hungry; just different. Her's my plan for the day:

B: 2 eggs scrambled w/spinach & onions, 2 slices turkey bacon, 2 c. coffee with 2 tsp. splenda & 2 oz. 1% milk.
S: 1 serving baby carrots
L: 1/4 c. black beans, 1.5 cup mixed green salad, 2 Tbsp. Italian dressing, 1 small tomato & 4 baby carrots
S: 1 c. mixed green salad, 1 string cheese
Pre-workout S: 15 almonds
D: Shredded beef on a salad (DH will have tacos), pinto beans and steamed broccoli/cauliflower
D: Cup of hot tea w/ milk & splenda, 1/2 c. plain yogurt w/ vanilla flavor added

I'll be cutting out the carrots as soon as I eat the rest. I just bought the bag on Saturday and I just can't waste them. DH is being a sweetie and said he'd help me eat them even though he really hates them. Even with the carrots, it's the cleanest day I've had in a long while! I usually grab a soda right when I get back from lunch, so the next few hours will be tough, but I'll get through it. (Thank goodness the ice cream place my coworkers always go to is closed on Mondays!!)

I'm going to do my best to stick with this. Again, how I feel during/after my workouts is going to be the deciding factor.

jenne1017
05-04-2009, 05:14 PM
hey Phase 1 chickies! :welcome: back to all the familiar faces. Glad I am not alone.

TOM is here and my hunger is being possessed by my cramps so all I've had is water, a V-8 and a cheese stick today. I will force down some dinner though! I am keeping a 3FC diet blog now since my regualr blog is locked up.

And this way, with all the recipes and such, I am not bombarding you with pictures!

Hang tough ladies!

baristamon
05-05-2009, 12:01 AM
had a pretty clean phase 1 day, except i don't think i've eaten enough. I had breakfast, which was eggs with a diced portabella mushroom cap and spinach, and then i didn't eat until dinner, which was mexican casserole on a bed of lettuce. (refried beans, black beans, diced sauted peppers and onions, salsa, cheese, 1 T sour cream). My son is driving me bonkers today, bedtime is soon so maybe i'll eat a little something more later. we went for a nice long walk today, about 2.5 miles. didn't wear him out, though. he just went right back to driving me nuts when we got home! Will probably start P2 tomorrow, since I did an extra day of P1 to make up for my cookie folly. We'll see how it goes...

SmilesIowa
05-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Well I made it through day one! I was ok yesterday until about 8pm and then I started feeling weird. I got a headache and I didn't even want to think about what I was going to eat today because it made me feel sick. All I wanted to eat was fruit and toast, weird I know LOL. I woke up today and I feel good, so I hope that keeps up. I hope you're all doing good!

SmilesIowa
05-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Day two wasn't as bad as day one, but I ate more yesterday. I still was a little sick feeling and I felt over all blah, but it was managable. I was bummed because I got on the scale this morning thinking I was going to see this big number drop and it just wasn't there. I know the number shouldn't matter and it's only been a few days, but it was still a little disappointing. I hope all of you are doing good on your phase one!!

Pearlrose
05-06-2009, 12:19 PM
Hello everyone, sounds like you are doing good. For those not feeling quite right make sure you are eating your veggies, dairy and beans, it really does help.

I am on Day 12- feel great but I am hungry all the time, so I just keep eating small things. I will wait until Saturday morning to see how I did for the two weeks and then sloooowly move into Phase 1.5.

jennie934
05-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Hey Ladies,
Well its day 8. I feel like I should be over cravings but I still really want sweets. I smelled some bubble gum and the cravings just started. I am contolling my self but its still hard.
I feel good, I have good energy. I got my period so I'm totally bloated but hopefully by my weigh in that will be gone as well.
I'm having a hard time with breakfast, I just seem to want to eat the phase one food. I've been forceing myself because I know if I don't I'll be so hungry at work.
Have a great day!

SmilesIowa
05-06-2009, 11:13 PM
So I did really well for day 3, but tonight I just want to eat and eat. Late night eating is my down fall. I had a big dinner so I don't know what's up with me. So instead of eating, here I am writing about it! :) See, the forum does help!

Ruthxxx
05-07-2009, 04:09 PM
You bet it helps! I found a glass of skim milk at bedtime took away the hungries and also helped me sleep better.

wonderlin
05-07-2009, 04:59 PM
Day 11 for me and going well. I did have one off-plan item ( a sandwich wrap but didnít eat most of the tortilla) on Saturday since I was out of town and where we stopped to eat didn't have any decent salads- one was ok, but 1/3 was tomatoes, and I don't eat them raw so I had to get something else and Chinese Tuesday (Not sure if the sauce was ok or not, but it didnít trigger anything.)
I was supposed to be doing this with a coworker, but unfortunately she gave up before she even started. My SIL is trying to lose too, so we're emailing each other encouragement.
Even with my TOM, Iím down about 12 pounds. I Thought I was down a LOT more this morning (a 10lb loss since Monday? Too good to be true!) ends up my scale had shifted and got caught on my bathroom throw rug so it wasnít registering all my weight! DUH! The high feeling was good while it lasted!
Iím still above the highest weight I was at 3 yrs ago when I first started SB before and lost 50+ lbs. But Iím determined to succeed after a number of false starts this year. Iíve even had a chocolate bar a student gave me on my desk since Monday morning and I havenít been tempted at all! I keep forgetting to give it to someone else (gets lost under piles of paper.)

SmilesIowa
05-07-2009, 08:28 PM
So day four went pretty good. The biggest things I've already noticed are I don't eat as much at dinner and I'm full. I also used to get stomach pain after lunch and wanted to just nap at about 3pm everyday. Now the stomach pain is gone and I'm not ready to fall asleep at 3. Another funny thing is when ever I tell people I'm low carbing they automatically say, " I could never do that..." but I bet when they see me dropping the pounds they will think differently! :)

Pearlrose
05-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Hello everyone sounds like everyone is doing good. Today is day 14 for me and the weird things is this time around I am not even craving the ability to have fruits tommorrow, so that is a good thing. I will weigh in tommorrow to see if I lost anything the second week. I lost 4 lbs the first week.

SmilesIowa- that napping feeling after lunch was due to all the high carbs you probably used to eat. The great thing I have noticed when I stay op for SB is that I have lots of energy, never get that feeling that I need a nap after lunch and yes I don't seem to eat as much at dinner. If I do eat something that is off plan then I normally pay for it by feeling awful afterwards so that really will keep me on track. Unless I really backslide like I did the past few months then no more feeling bad after eating, so I am glad to be back on track

jennie934
05-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Hi Everyone,
still plugging away at Phase 1. I think I'm on day 11. So I have another weekend. Teh weekends are always the hardest for me. I need to start reading up on Phase 2 so that I'm ready next week. I was at Riteaid buying some toiletries and I had a craving attack, all the candy in the isle. I was going to buy some sugar free lifesavers but then decided, I just need to go cold turkey. I was such a candy fiend and I know its one of my triggers. It took all I had in me to not buy any snacks and just walk home. But I did it so yay me. now if I can keep that up for my whole life!! yikes!!
Have a great friday.!

anahir77
05-09-2009, 02:01 AM
Hello everyone , today is day 14 of sbd , im still thinking if i will start phase 2 tomorrow , since this is where i seem to get lost (go back to cheating)
i have done the sbd before (2 yrs ago) lost tremendous amnt of weight
has anyone gain back the weight as soon as you get on p2 ?
any recommendations ?
thanks

maggiesgirl
05-09-2009, 02:42 AM
Hello!

I'm on day 3 now.. i think day 3... yes day 3! So far i've been good, but maybe a bit more meat than I should be eating. Going to buy some veggies tomorrow... but have seen some weight loss! Probably alot of water built up in me......

3 days down.... WAy more to go!

StarbucksJunkie528
05-09-2009, 10:41 AM
Morning ladies - Today is D6 on Phase 1 for me, honestly I am suprised how easy it has been. The first 2 days were tough with my sugar cravings being at an all time high when I decided to get on SB... but they are gone! Hooray!!! My main challenge now is that I dont believe I am eating enough, so I need to start working more protein into diet to sustain me.

I am not a scale user but when I got ready to get in the shower this morning I checked myself out, and my body is def. responding to this new lifestyle! Feels good to be back on track with healthy living.

Pearlrose
05-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Anahir- just remember to go very slowly- do a Phase 1.5 there is a thread regarding that sorry no link.

I finished Phase 1 yesterday. But today will look like Phase 1 except for I might allow myself some strawberries with dinner and might through in a yam. I find for myself that I probably should not add grains in for a while because regardless if it is good for you, I tend to want too much.

SmilesIowa
05-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Yesterday was day 5 and I did really well. I was bummed to find out that my Mom who's doing the diet with me has cheated way more then I have and has lost more... THAT was frustrating. Oh well, I'm just going to concentrate on me.

abovethedin
05-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Hi group,

I just borrowed the South Beach recipe book from the library and I am so excited! It really looks doable.:) I'm very thrilled to have found this forum....

I was just reading through some of the old posts and noticed that V8 juice is ok. Isn't that really high in sugar? I looked at the nutritional values and it says 8 grams of sugar. I though sugar was not allowed. Is V8 considered a meal? Also, is it ok to stay on Phase 1 for more than 2 weeks?

Jen

Ruthxxx
05-10-2009, 01:56 PM
:welcome: to The Beach. I am sooo glad you have the book.

V8 is just fine as a replacement for veggies. There is no sugar added to V8; the sugar in the nutritional info is from fructose in the tomatoes. Check ingredients, rather than nutritional info.

It is not recommended to stay on Phase I longer than two weeks as you need to add whole grains and fruits to meet your daily nutritional needs.

Aside from the book, be sure to check out the stickies in our Frequently Asked Questions.

abovethedin
05-10-2009, 02:10 PM
Yum! I love V8. Do you know how much is allowed? I could drink V8 all day long! I am definitely going to check out the sticky pages thanks for the info.

Jen

Vking
05-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Well today marks the beginning of week 2 on Phase 1 for me. So far so good. I haven't been having the cravings I thought I would so I am happy about that. I did buy some Blue Bunny sugar free fudgesicles today to have as a dessert in the evening. Hopefully this week will go as smoothly. I am already nervous about Phase 2. Years ago when I started South Beach after only a few days on Phase 2 I quit. I don't want this to happen this time. I want this to be a lifetime change for me.

harrismm
05-10-2009, 10:36 PM
Today is day 13 on Phase 1.I feel really good.I learned that I must have an intolerance to either flour or sugar because my GI system has not been so happy in years!!!!!

SmilesIowa
05-10-2009, 11:37 PM
Today was a longgg day. We had KFC tonight and my brother was nice enough to get the new grilled chicken and it was good! I did really good, I only had one bite of potatoes and gravy! Then my other brother decided to make malts and I only had one bite. Everyone was shocked, but then they were impressed, so that made me feel good. Back on full track tomorrow!!

katie m a r i e
05-11-2009, 05:57 AM
Today is Day One! Ekkk!
I'm super nervous, since I am still in high school, there is always disgusting food everywhere! But, my mom is doing this with me - along with my grandparents who needed it for their health. They already got through Phase One, and if they can do it at seventy, I can do it now! I already got most of my day planned out. Breakfast, scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, and celery. Snack, cheese stick. Lunch, celery with penut butter, low-fat ham lunch meat, mini cheese wheel. Snack, penuts, cheese stick. Dinner is still a question, but we have our handy dandy books so I am sure we will be good. Wish me luck!

cottagebythesea
05-11-2009, 07:30 AM
:welcome: to all you NEWBIES! :)

Vking
05-11-2009, 08:23 AM
Katie - Good Luck today and know that all of us here are with you cheering you on.

jennie934
05-11-2009, 09:43 AM
Hey Beachers,
I made it past the weekend!!! it was tough one. I had a graduation party and I had a gin and tonic. which is totally off plan. But I ate before I went so I wasn't tempted by the food. Sunday was mothers day and I did well, no desert!! My parents are diong SB so my dad grilled chicken and veggies. I wasn't even tempted to eat the bread.
I found a recipe for bean bread on a website. Its pretty yummy, much better than the black bean brownies. I decided to try that for breakfasts this week instead of the eggs.
Tomorrow will be my last day of Phase 1. I can really tell a big difference. Ussually, I would have devoured dessert at Mothersday dinner and eaten bread and potatoes. I'm still worried about portions sizes so i'm going to take it slow going into phase 2.
Have a great day.

abovethedin
05-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Hi Beachers,

Here I go. I was going to start yesterday but because my hubbs and kids made me an amazing dinner with a dessert, I decided to enjoy it all and start today. The strange thing was, I still lost weight. Go figure. Anyway, I am starting P.1 today and I really am excited about it.

I have another quick question for those who have gone through phase 1 already. How much weight have you lost for the entire initial two weeks?

Jen

murphmitch
05-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Abovethedin, weight loss varies so much from one person to the next. I lost 8# in the first two weeks, but some don't lose so much. Phase I is about detoxing your body and eliminating cravings. A lot of the weight loss is water weight.

abovethedin
05-11-2009, 11:31 AM
8 pounds in two weeks is a great weight loss. If I can manage 3 pounds a week that would be a good success.:)
Jen

katie m a r i e
05-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Alright. Its almost five, and I've been good so far. ;D Its kinda weird not thinking about calories, but kinda relaxing at the same time. I'm still worried I'm eating wayyy too much protein. But whatever. Now that I am at home my mom will keep me on track, but I'm starting to get way hungry and I don't want another celery stick. D:

SmilesIowa
05-11-2009, 08:29 PM
I was wondering how much people lost in phase one too. I know everyone is different, but I guess I thought I would lose more being heavier...but that's not the case so far. Then again I didn't do it 100%, so that might have something to do with it! Today has been really good. I ate really well at Panchero's and we grilled meat tonight so that was yummy! Thank goodness it's grilling season again!

Oh and I just realized that for the first time since I can remember I did NOT have a regular pop or potato chips for a week!! Wow, I'm sorry but I am super proud of myself LOL. Those are my two biggest cravings usually...wow, that's amazing!! :)

jennie934
05-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Hey Everyone,
Its my last day of phase 1. I am down 6 pounds. Which is good but this weekend, my unofficial weight was even less (down 8#) so I'm a little bummed for the fluxuation but I know how it is.

I am going to start phase two tomorrow. I'm a little worried. I still see over eating patterns that I'm trying to address even with the phase 1 food. I think my biggest goal is to learn to stop eatting when I'm full. weather its phase one food or not, I need to learn to eat enough, not to much. Its just so hard for me to stop when I start. I saw I was doing that with nuts so now I have to have them only once in a while. I also do it with cheese. so I'm working really hard on limiting quanitities.

Smiles good job staying away from the chips and pop! all these victories will add up to your big goal!

Katie I feel the same way about the protein and cheese. in the past I wasa a big fruit and yogurt kind of snacker so it seems so counter productive to snack on cheese and other things. but I also know that I'm a total sugar addict so I have to try and cut back.

have a great day everyone.
Jennie

Schmoodle
05-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Hi newbies and re-starters! I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone. I started Ph1 again yesterday. I have a love-hate relationship with Phase I, it's a great tool and always gets me back on track or gives me a jump start when I need it, but I dread day 3 when I will be pacing around the house mindlessly hunting for chocolate. My Phase I plan is always to make my absolute favorite legal treats so I don't ever feel deprived. I always have taco bake at least once, and tonight is spaghetti squash deep dish Italian pie, yummm! Last night I made the chicken fried "rice" which I also adore, and is a TON of veggies. I'm going to try for two weeks, but I want to be sure to be done before strawberries are ready for picking. It's been so cool around here this spring, I think I've got at least another two weeks.

Some chicks were wondering about weight loss on Phase I - for me it has always been 5 lbs, even when I first started SB at 245 lbs, and had been eating tons of sugar and crap. I don't know why that's my magic number, but it is. So not everybody drops the 10 - 15 lbs some folks seem to. But it's important to remember that the point of Ph1 is to get rid of cravings, and it works! It really gets you ready for long-term sustainable weight loss in Phase II. It's hard not to focus so much on the scale when you are just starting out and anxious to drop those lbs., but remember there's a lot more to it than that, and look for other signs of progress as well - how well you are feeling, how your clothes are fitting, how in control of you eating you feel...

SmilesIowa
05-12-2009, 12:15 PM
Thanks jennie!

Yesterday I was back on track after the weekend, no cheating! I will try and keep up the good work on week 2, phase one! I'm bummed about the weight not falling off, but I'm down in inches and I can tell my stomach has started to go down some, so that's great! I hope you all have a great day!!

katie m a r i e
05-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Day Two on Phase one, and I think I'm doing pretty good. I've eaten all legal foods, but unfortunately, I found my Phase One weakness... Peanut butter. I've had at least three tablespoons today, if not four. I know we are only supposed to have two, but I couldn't stop myself. ;-; I feel awful about it too. But, at least I'm not diving for the bread and crackers I thought I would.

SmilesIowa
05-13-2009, 12:18 AM
Hey everyone! Today was a good day except I had a bite of baked beans, but wow they were sweet! Do any of you notice now how much sweeter foods or drinks are?

Teachyrchildren
05-13-2009, 06:45 AM
Hello, everyone! I'm on day 13 of Phase One, and doing OK so far. I'm also really lucky that my family is being tremendously supportive, and isn't sabotaging me with sweets in the house or requests to go out to dinner. (My husband has lost 2 lbs just from healthier dinners!) I'm getting a bit bored by the limited menu, so I'm looking forward to Phase Two for some more variety. Need to get some new recipes, too.

blondiebear
05-13-2009, 09:19 AM
I don't know about everyone else, but the Taste of Summer cookbook and the Quick and Easy cookbook that SB put out is amazing at turning such a limited liste of foods into really good food. My mom and I made this amazing lamb kebab with cucumber yogurt sauce last night. I didn't feel deprived at all. It was so good. I'd totally reccomend it to anyone who is feeling discouraged with the limited list of food. Good luck all!!

abovethedin
05-13-2009, 09:43 AM
Hi Beachers,

I blew it so bad that I am not even going to post my terrible, terrible eating habits yesterday....but now there isn't on iota of banned food in my house..so that is good.;) Ok I'll tell you. I have a weakness for those disgusting ready bake cookies in the refrigerator isle. I don't even like them that much but when they are in the house, I eat them. Anyway, here I go again...Day 1.

I also picked up the cookbook from my library. It is very well done. There are a ton of recipes I can't wait to try out.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day ahead.

Jen

Schmoodle
05-13-2009, 10:15 AM
Hey chicks, day 3 of Phase I, Bring it on!
My plan is scrambled eggs with spinach and salsa, turkey bacon, tomato juice for breakfast, leftover spaghetti squash pie for lunch, and maybe greek tacos for dinner (if I end up running out cause I need to pick up a couple things to make that), or else I'll give the kids breakfast for dinner and DH and I can have leftovers. For snacks I've got raw cauli with hummus and zucchini cheesecake. Ricotta creme for a sweet treat tonight if I feel the need. Day 3 generally finds me pacing the house and pawing through the cabinets for ANYTHING sweet and starchy. The drawbacks of working at home.

good for you Jen, back on track. I know I don't have a prayer of getting through Ph1 if there are temptations around.

SmilesIowa
05-13-2009, 03:44 PM
I was seeing that a lot of you snack on nuts, so I got some today...that is bad news bears! I ate 15 of them and all I wanted was to eat the whole can. I might not be able to do the nuts thing lol. Otherwise, the diet is going good today!

abovethedin
05-13-2009, 11:26 PM
Hi group,

I have a questions about some of the SB recipes. Why can one recipe have say 300 calories and under 15 carbs be on phase one but another that has less calories and carbs be for only phase 2 or 3?

Jen

murphmitch
05-14-2009, 12:02 AM
The recipe may contain grains or starches that may not be allowable on Phase I, but are appropriate for other phases. We don't count carbs on SB. Phase I is about detoxing and eliminating cravings and the foods allowed on it also have low GI's or glycemic index. What are the ingredients of the recipe you are questioning?

cottagebythesea
05-14-2009, 08:14 AM
abovethedin, SBD isn't about calories or carbs, and Phase 1 is specifically about ridding your body from sugars and starches. It's a detox phase to prepare you for Phase 2 and onward, and completely eliminate your cravings for such foods. The South Beach Diet book fully explains this concept and why you should or should not avoid eating certain foods, and also explains how the glycemic index works. If you haven't read the book yet, I strongly suggest you do. It's a good, easy read and you will better understand how this plan works. :)

Schmoodle
05-14-2009, 09:11 AM
3 beads for me! Day 3 wasn't too bad actually, I was just really tired. Embarrassing, I was talking to the other moms last night while waiting for my daughter to get her dance picture taken and I couldn't stop yawning.

Smiles, sometimes I can do nuts and sometimes I can't. They are soooo easy to overdo. Usually I'll have them as a condiment (toasted almonds on a stir fry or sprinkled on top of Greek yogurt with agave nectar) instead of just as a snack alone, and that helps a lot with portion control. I will take them with me for a snack when I'm on the road because then I portion them out and don't have the whole can in front of me.

kate marie, I just read that your whole family is doing the plan together - that's great support for you!

abovethedin
05-14-2009, 09:45 AM
Oh yeah the G.I. I have used MediFast in the past which is a completely different concept. I think it is going to take me a while to get it all to sink in. I do have the book though but only on cd. I picked up another recipe book yesterday and I can't wait to try some of them. I am still amazed at all the foods there are to choose from.

Schmoodle, congratulations on day 3! It seems to me that the first three days are the hardest. Keep up the good work!

Have a great day today,

Jen

SmilesIowa
05-14-2009, 03:53 PM
Hey everyone! Well yesterday I did pretty good and today I've done pretty good. I think now that I'm over week one and into week two phase one, I'm not as worried about what I'm eating, which is good! I have a graduation party this weekend, but I'm not near as worried as I was last week! I hope you all are doing good!

Schmoodle- Yeah I'm fine to when I portion them out. It's at home where I have issues lol. I haven't had any nuts since!

PulleezThisTime
05-14-2009, 08:47 PM
Hello everyone. Newbie to SB. (Not dieting in general)

Whew! Day 7. Already. I feel like all I've done is cook. But WL is encouragingl And, pants that didn't fit well last week look much better today.

I'm SO thankful that I found this site when I googled "headache on day 3". The posts comforted me and headaches all gone on day 4. Also, added those beans.

Down 6 pounds. WooHoo.

katie m a r i e
05-14-2009, 09:18 PM
Oh... Em... Gee!
I just weighed guys.
Two days ago, I was on my period, and I weight 168.
Just got on, after all day of eating, and I weight... 164!
;DDD Thats amazing for me! I was hoping to get to 160 by the time I was done with Phase 1. I really hope it doesn't come back at me in the next few days. I'm sooo excited, but so nervous at the same time. I really hope I actually do weight that.

abovethedin
05-14-2009, 09:58 PM
Katie Marie,

Congrats on the 4 pounds...:carrot:. That is amazing for two days. Keep up the good work!

Jen

SmilesIowa
05-15-2009, 03:55 PM
So I did ok yesterday and today so far. The only thing is my Mom brought left over Chinese food home last night and I sampled some today, (chicken with celery and carrots in clear sauce and mongolian beef) and I got sick! Could it have been some ingredient in the chinese food or is my stomach just sensitive to that stuff now? Either way I know to watch out for that.

Tomorrow, off on a road trip to see one of my best friends graduate from her Masters program. Like I said before, I'm not as nervous for this weekend because I know I can do it! I hope you all are having a great day!

abovethedin
05-16-2009, 12:34 PM
SmilesIowa,

I've noticed for myself that if I stop eating certain processed foods for a while and then begin eating them again, it can wreak havoc on my system. It doesn't happen with everything but Chinese is a big one for me. I just can't do that one anymore unless I make it. I was good and bad yesterday. I made my family California rolls and Crab stuffed sushi rolls and didn't have one but...

I ate cookies yesterday:?: I still lost 1/2 a pound but I am disappointed in myself. I know I am stronger than this.

I went to WF yesterday and found Stevia. Does anyone else notice an after taste to it? I am hoping if I keep at it, I will be able to get beyond the strange taste. Also, I picked up the drops not the powder. The woman assured me that I would only need one or two drops in my coffee, after 8 drops I figured I had better quit. It's not as sweet as I had expected.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a BEACHY weekend.

Jen

SmilesIowa
05-17-2009, 01:55 PM
abovethedin-thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one! That's a bummer because I love Chinese food...oh well.

This weekend has not been good. I did ok, but yesterday I had a few chips with my mexican food. I know it won't kill me, but I hate when I cheat. Then I had a small glass of wine at night. Today I was up .8 lbs, but I was ok with that because I cheated.

Today my brother came in from Texas for a few days and when he's here the food train comes in with him. My Mom wants to do fried chicken tonight...blah! I just have to stay strong because I don't want to undo all this hard work! Tomorrow starts Phase 2, so well see how that goes!

H2ODawg
05-19-2009, 03:43 PM
Hi All,
New to this thread, but day 4 of PI. Saw someone post about headaches and I think I may be over those, thankfully! I had one and was exhausted for 3 days but woke up feeling more energy today.
I have a question about yogurt & pudding. I have had the Dannon Carb & sugar control vanilla yogurt, is that OK for PI? Also, the no sugar added pudding from Hunts snack-pack? The carbs in it are from the milk. I guess we're going to do what we're going to do, with what goes in our mouths, but I don't want to feel guilty if I don't have to!
Thanks in advance, for the support!

murphmitch
05-19-2009, 11:25 PM
H20Dawg, the pudding is definitely Phase II. As for the yogurt, Phase I is plain lowfat or FF yogurt. Phase II is: Yogurt - artificially sweetened non-fat flavored yogurt (limit to 4 ounces daily and avoid varieties that contain high fructose corn syrup)

Vking
05-20-2009, 07:43 AM
I am a little late in posting but have been really busy. I completed Phase 1 on Sunday morning with a total of 7 pounds gone. I was pleased with the results and ready to move forward. I must say I found it much easier this time around and did the entire 2 weeks without messing up and that was with a Mother's Day dinner out and a graduation dinner out. Hopefully Phase 2 will be just as easy and productive.

SmilesIowa
05-20-2009, 11:38 AM
Hey everyone. Well I'm in my 3rd day of phase 2 and it's been rough with my brother here, but back on it today. I hope you all are having a great week!

luvbug02468
05-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Vicki-Wtg!!
Smiles-Im routing for you!!You can do this!

luvbug02468
05-20-2009, 04:01 PM
Phase One Begins!!!
May16 Day14 Weight 218 Weight Loss -7
May17 13
May18 12 213
May19 11 212.5
May20 10 211
May21 9 212 ugggg!
May22 8 211.5 better hehe
may 23 7 211

SmilesIowa
05-21-2009, 11:42 AM
Hey everyone, I hope you're all doing great! I don't have a whole lot to post as I'm just trucking along on phase 2. I never thought something simple as having my bread back for breakfast could make me so happy lol.

HisSweetGypsyRose
05-21-2009, 09:44 PM
Hi all :)

I'm new to this board and thread, but not to SB. I was fairly successful with this 5 years ago til I got lazy and began not watching what I was eating. Since that time I've gained 30lbs back of my loss, but I'm still a bit below my original SB starting point.

I won't be officially starting until Tuesday, May 26th, and right now I'm figuring out my menu for the week, creating a shopping list and getting in the right mental state. I'm also figuring out how to make this menu work for my handsome lean husband who could stand to gain about 10lbs without creating two different menus.

What helped me with SB in the past was taking an entire Sunday afternoon and cooking/prepping as much of the meals for the week as possible.

I cooked all the mini-quiches for breakfast and froze them, and did the same for lunch and dinner. I also tried to have snacks all bagged and ready to go so that all I had to do each day was pull stuff out of the freezer/refrigerator and go. It was a huge help.

I'm also planning to begin walking around the block again after work each evening. That's about 1.2 miles a day. As I get back into walking, I'll be doing some exercises that I found in a book by Chantal Hobbs titled "Never Say Diet".

It's encouraging to see so much progress here - I hope to join all of you in that :)

luvbug02468
05-22-2009, 05:11 PM
Welcome! You sound like you have it together!! I am in the same boat as you -so far my family is enjoying there healthy lifestyle! luckily they like salad and veggies. I think that you organization is wonderful! I myself am making lil Sf jello cups for when I have a moment of weakness meaning they are quick and will stop me from sabotage-they usually hold me over. Also I put cheese sticks & LCow cheese on my list. I looked through the Phase 1 recipes this morning just to break up the monatonany. I am on week two. So far so good. I did go up a little bit but we all go up and down a little depending on salt intake vs water and tom and such things..and I have to admit I didnt drink my water the day before my increase. So drink drink drink..These Chicks are a wealth of knowledge, if you are unsure ask em. Again Welcome Rose and Im glad to be in Phase One with you =)

HisSweetGypsyRose
05-22-2009, 09:24 PM
Hi luv :)

Thanks! I have to be this organized because it's the only way I can succeed. If I don't plan ahead, I fail :(

thankfully I have no problem with drinking enough water. I go back and forth between that and a very light ice tea. I usually fill a gallon jug with water and then add 3 teabags, letting it sit in the refrigerator overnight, and I get a very delicate iced tea with very little caffeine. I usually end up diluting it more with lots of ice, so I don't worry about the caffeine levels.

What do you use as containers for the little SF jello cups?

luvbug02468
05-23-2009, 10:40 AM
I use a non stick mini muffin pan that i lightly spray.
Im a water and iced tea drinker too i was just having an off day lol

luvbug02468
05-23-2009, 10:42 AM
7 MORE DAYS!! IM halfway through Phase 1! WOOOOHOOOOO!

SmilesIowa
05-23-2009, 12:13 PM
It's the weekend and I'm not really worried. I am on my phase two and I think I'll be good until graduation party on Monday, but I will try my best! I hope you all have a great holiday weekend and stay strong!! :)

luvbug02468
05-24-2009, 11:36 AM
Phase One Begins!!!
May17 13
May18 12 213
May19 11 212.5
May20 10 211
May21 9 212 ugggg!
may 23 7 211 Week 2 Begins!!
may 24 6 209 Yay!

HisSweetGypsyRose
05-24-2009, 01:10 PM
I use a non stick mini muffin pan that i lightly spray.
Im a water and iced tea drinker too i was just having an off day lol

That's a good idea :) I ended up buying small snacking containers to use for the jello.

Congratulations on your progress with W1 Ph1 :carrot:

luvbug02468
05-24-2009, 02:20 PM
Thanks - my kids love the little mini jello cups too!
Also Thanks for the works of ENCOURGEMENT! Oh and try the pb cup with the sf popsicle,pb,and sf whip cream ....wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H2ODawg
05-24-2009, 05:12 PM
Hi All,
Good to see that everyone is on a roll! Yesterday was day 7 of phase 1 for me and my total loss was 6.8. Then today, I lost more! So I'm down 9 total and it feels great! My DH and I went to our usual Sunday AM breakfast at the grocery store that has a deli and I passed the brownies in the bakery and totally could have eaten a whole pan...but resisted. By Tuesday AM when I go back to work and put on my dress pants, that hopefully won't cut off my circulation, I'll be happy that I held the course.

I am looking forward to Phase 2, but am fearful, too. Last time I did SB, I stopped losing when I added carbs. I think my plan this time is to do a couple weeks of fruits only (a few mandarins in my salad would be Nirvana right now!!) and then add some whole grains. Does anyone have a plan that has worked well for them with the Phase 2 transition?

me4life
05-25-2009, 10:59 AM
well i guess starting tommorrow i'm back to phase 1. can't seem to stay OP so i guess i'll be starting over. seems i do good at work but as soon as i get home i'm starving and eat whatever is there.

SmilesIowa
05-25-2009, 01:01 PM
Ugh I just hope I can get through today. I think I'm going back to Phase 1 tomorrow. I haven't had regular pop which is huge, but I have little bites of stuff here and there and the weight is coming back on. I feel like a failure, blah. I hope you all have a good Memorial Day!

me4life
05-25-2009, 01:12 PM
Ugh I just hope I can get through today. I think I'm going back to Phase 1 tomorrow. I haven't had regular pop which is huge, but I have little bites of stuff here and there and the weight is coming back on. I feel like a failure, blah. I hope you all have a good Memorial Day!

your not the only one. it is so easy to start letting things slip until your diet no longer resembles sb. lets get back on track:hug:

abovethedin
05-26-2009, 09:41 AM
Hi group,

Well I am starting P1 all over again. Friday my allergies kicked in and all I wanted to do was sleep and eat soup. I haven't felt so bad in over 15 years! Anyway, I gained 3 pounds back but am ready to go again. I hope everyone is doing well and had a great Memorial Day weekend.

Jen

SmilesIowa
05-26-2009, 03:18 PM
me4life and abovethedin, let's hop back on the beach again together! :)

Today so far so good. The restaurant I worked at today had cake and pie left out for who ever wanted some. Thank goodness I got to leave early or I might've caved.

Oh and I'm so excited to have a signature now, but how to choose what ticker I want. :)

me4life
05-26-2009, 04:47 PM
today is going great for me...i think it helped to have everything planned out

luvbug02468
05-26-2009, 09:47 PM
Glad to here you gals are back on track- ive had thoughts of weakness today but didnt give in..Phase One Begins!!!
May17 13
May18 12 213
May19 11 212.5
May20 10 211
May21 9 212 ugggg!
may 23 7 211 Week 2 Begins!!
may 24 6 209 Yay!
may25 5 208
may 26 4 208

HisSweetGypsyRose
05-26-2009, 11:46 PM
It's so encouraging to see all the progress, and to see the determination to get back on track. I know it's frustrating to go off track, but the success is in getting back on track and continuing instead of giving up. Congratulations on being determined! :cheer:

This was day 2 for me, and I think I did ok. I followed the menus I chose, and I went walking at a local park with one of my friends. We walked around it twice for a total of 2.2 miles. My feet are a bit sore. I haven't been walking regularly for many months and it shows.

I think I'll be sleeping well tonight :)

destiny's mom
05-27-2009, 10:25 AM
I am new to SBD but not 3FC. i am starting today so here goes!!!

Is there anywhere you all post your daily menus?

me4life
05-27-2009, 04:43 PM
I am new to SBD but not 3FC. i am starting today so here goes!!!

Is there anywhere you all post your daily menus?

you can post your menus in here

tchermom
05-27-2009, 05:12 PM
Hi I am starting today as well. One day at a time. Good Luck to all. I have never gotten thru phase one but I am determined to not just loose weight but start to live healthy. Kim

SmilesIowa
05-27-2009, 07:34 PM
I feel like crap today. I didn't think I went that carb crazy, but I guess I did. I've been trying to drink a lot of water, but blah. I know it will get better, I just hate this feeling. I hope all of you are doing good!

me4life
05-27-2009, 10:03 PM
I feel like crap today. I didn't think I went that carb crazy, but I guess I did. I've been trying to drink a lot of water, but blah. I know it will get better, I just hate this feeling. I hope all of you are doing good!

have you been eating beans, it really helps to add them on phase 1. i say this but i'm just exhausted...not sure how long i need to stay on phase 1 since i've already been doing sb for a while. i've heard 3 or 4 days but the way my energy is i may starting phase 1.5 tommorrow since i'm really having no cravings to speak of.

SmilesIowa
05-28-2009, 12:09 PM
Yeah, I'm not great about the beans. I'm actually doing Phase 1.5 and I've done good. The few carbs I eat haven't triggered anything yet. I think maybe I over did the carbs and now I just don't crave them. Luckily, I just have one more graduation party and then no holidays or temptation days until 4th of July! :) I hope you all have a great day!

Institches21
05-29-2009, 03:44 AM
Starting Over-did super for 1 week then Memorial Day happened, and did excellent at the BBQ, but that leftover pasta salad, started that slippery slope and now it's time to get rid of the rest of it and get back to what works.

tchermom
05-29-2009, 08:37 AM
Hi everyone! I am on day three and feeling pretty good. I am a bit nervous about the weekend as we have lots of social stuff going on. But I am determined to get thru these 2 weeks. I need to think this is not forever and I will be able to have wine again-just not in the next 12 days.

I have crazy pms right now which I don't get like this too often so... ah the joys of womenhood.

Stay strong everyone -we deserve a healthy, lean life!!!

Teachyrchildren
05-29-2009, 09:59 AM
I'm on my fourth week (still on Phase 1.5, added some fruit and 1/2 cup steel-cut oatmeal each day). I feel so much healthier! I've lost at least 10-11 pounds (I find I'm happiest if I only step on the scale once a week), am back into a smaller pants size, and no longer get afternoon headaches. It will be interesting what happens at my next checkup regarding my blood pressure and cholesterol levels, too.

My husband has also lost a few pounds, and my teen boys haven't noticed that they're eating turkey chili, veggie-heavy stir-frys, and a lot more salad-based dinners. I need to lose another 40 pounds and want to keep it off, so we're really rethinking our eating and shopping habits.

HisSweetGypsyRose
05-29-2009, 05:33 PM
Hi everyone :)

I'm on day 5 of phase 1, and have lost 6 lbs so far. I'm also beginning to walk regularly again, although my schedule in the evenings after work this week has been a bit of a problem. Thankfully it's an exception and not the rule.

Eating is going well. Last night I attended a women's ministry team meeting at a local cafe and had a mixed greens salad with balsamic vinaigrette, goat cheese and almonds, and a side of roasted asparagus. I think there might have been some sugar in the vinaigrette, but since it was a small salad and there wasn't a lot of dressing, I'm not too worried about it.

Now comes the weekend, which doesn't have the structure of a day at work and can be challenging for me. It's not that I eat too much, it's that I don't eat much at all until evening. I think I need to buy a timer to remind me to eat my snacks and meals.

SmilesIowa
05-30-2009, 12:45 AM
So today was ok. I realized it makes a big difference if I eat a bigger breakfast because then I'm not starving by lunch and dinner. Today we went to a salad bar buffet for dinner and I did ok, but not perfect. I don't think I'll ever be perfect, but I hope I keep seeing a weight loss. I've been stuck at my current weight for awhile, so we'll see on Sunday what the damage is. Have a great Saturday!

murphmitch
05-30-2009, 03:06 PM
SmilesIowa, what is your idea of doing OK? Are you eating non-beachy foods or just large portions? Are you eating snacks midway between your meals? You should not feel like you are starving on this plan and snacks are an important part of it to keep your blood glucose levels normalized. If you're eating non-SB approved stuff frequently, your weight loss may stall out. Stick to the plan if you want to see the scale move down.

tchermom
05-31-2009, 06:31 PM
Hi everyone! I am on day five and made it thru the weekend! I saw a muffin recipe using beans and bean flour? Can these be eaten in phase one?

I hope everyone is doing well-today was hard for me for some reason. Maybe it was watching everyone sitting at the pool having a cocktail!! I stuck to diet soda and to tell you the truth it did not bother me all that much. I am a bit more hungry today-hmmm.

Thanks-Kim

PopcornFiend
06-01-2009, 12:28 AM
I am on day six of phase one and have been so proud that I haven't cheated! I may have gotten a little too ambitious when I bought sugar-free ice cream... so I think I'm going to dump that out, because I remembered that this diet is supposed to be teaching me about wise choices, and simply subbing a SF version in is not really learning to live without it! I love to cook so I've been experimenting alot.. made the cauliflower "mashed potatoes", and while they definitely didn't taste like mashed potatoes, they were filling and looked starchy on my plate, which helped. Am currently making a neufchatel cheese cake for ays when I'm sick of eggs for breakfast... Have pre-measured out cashews, packaged a bag for work with sugar free jello and cheese sticks. I'm ready!!! I want to make it through week two with no cheating as well :)

Ruthxxx
06-01-2009, 06:19 AM
This Thread is getting long so I am going to close it and start a new thread for June. See y'all there.