100 lb. Club - So my mom came over today, with a surprise.

irishsarah
04-30-2009, 05:23 PM
:eek:
Usually it is a surprise for the boys and a treat of some sort. Today was no exception. She brought them each little fishing poles, a really neat book and a DJ mixer sorta thingy toy that I am sure is going to be very loud and obnoxious. (Fun, but obnoxious.) It was garage sale day.
To my surprise, I did not see her bring candy or donuts but she did have a small surprise for me. In a bag, she put 7 Lean Cuisines and a card. In the card she wrote how proud of me she was for losing 30+ pounds and how good I looked. :love: I teared up for a second there. :D
It was just what I needed for it was then she pulled out the 1/2 dozen donuts for the boys. :rofl: ROFL! I have been able to avoid the donuts and was very happy with the low fat blueberry muffin she brought for me instead. :)

I just thought I would share my first real "someone noticed" victory with all of you. You guys are the ones that have helped me make it happen. :hug:

bargoo
04-30-2009, 05:30 PM
Congratultions and what a smart mother you have !

barefootnikki
04-30-2009, 05:30 PM
:yes:
This made me tear up a bit too! What a THOUGHTFUL Mom you have. That was really sweet to read... i was afraid it was going to be a sabotage!
Congrats on the hard work you've managed so far and well done on dodging those doughnuts :hug:

Windchime
04-30-2009, 05:40 PM
Wow, after all the stories of families who sabotage, this is a great example of a very supportive Mom who is actually helpful and encouraging!

emmalee51
Congratulations irishsarah!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is such an amazing feeling when someone notices small changes when you are trying so hard. I keep telling DH that losing weight is even harder than giving birth! You've worked hard to get where you are and you deserve it!

Rosinante
Yay! What a nice mom!

Thighs Be Gone
04-30-2009, 05:57 PM
super nice mom..and sounds super supportive..I would adore someone that brought me a bag of safe foods and a nice card..doesn't get much more supportive than that!

Tai
04-30-2009, 05:57 PM
That's great Sarah. What a lovely mom you have.

GirlyGirlSebas
04-30-2009, 06:32 PM
Your Mom is obviously a wonderful, loving Mother. That was so very thoughtful of her.

And while we have been here to support you, You have made this happen. The control and effort was all yours. Claim it, girlfriend!

onestar
04-30-2009, 06:33 PM
that was sweet. and thoughtful.

Slashnl
04-30-2009, 06:54 PM
That's awesome. How sweet of her!

chickiegirl
04-30-2009, 06:58 PM
How great that your mom "gets it." That's fantastic!!

teahoney
04-30-2009, 07:29 PM
That was so incredibly thoughtful of her. Your mom rocks!!

cfmama
04-30-2009, 09:31 PM
That was super thoughtful of her!!!

Star2Be
05-01-2009, 01:31 AM
Wow! What a sweet, thoughtful gift... And I'm sure that what's even better than getting the actual present is the "gift" of knowing how much your mom loves you and is supporting you through this. That is truly priceless! Having dealt with quite a bit of tension between myself and my own mom as a result of my weight loss (I love her, but the woman is absolutely nuts!!), I really do hope you realize how lucky you are to have her backing you 100%. Thanks for sharing the story with us. :D