Old 04-30-2009, 02:07 PM   #1  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Finding lost posts

There have been a few wonderful, well-written and insightful posts on 100+ that I failed to copy and save, something I really regret at the moment. I don't even know who wrote them. If anyone can point me back at 2 in particular, I would be very, very grateful:

1. One talked about how being very overweight was leading the poster to a "shrinking life;"

2. the second one used a trip to the ocean as a metaphor for this whole weight loss journey, asking why the poster should stop at the 7-11 when she could see the ocean from there.

Anyone remember these or maybe have been smarter than me and saved them at the time they appeared? Thank you!
Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:26 PM   #2  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 301/see ticker/160

Height: 5' 2"

I remember that RockingRobin wrote the second one.
time2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:32 PM   #3  

Height: 5'11"

I definitely remember the first post because I think I posted a reply to that thread. Perhaps you could look for threads that I've posted to and see if any of those are the one you're looking for? Both of those posts made a big impression on me, too.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 253/Maintenance/140

Height: 5'8

I vividly remember the ocean one, but not which thread. All I can say is, I have been here a shorter time than you, so if I remember it you can probably find it in the subsequent pages. Last few weeks, for sure. Or rockinrobin/whomever wrote it can repeat it
WhitePicketFences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:03 PM   #5  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

I have meaning to start a sticky with links (or maybe copies) of these awesome posts. Let's dig up the best of the best, link to them here and I will do something with them!
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:36 PM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by time2lose View Post
I remember that RockingRobin wrote the second one.
It wasn't me. I think it may have been thighs be gone. Not positive.

You don't know how many times I read a great post here and have regretted not saving it somewhere.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:42 PM   #7  
yay! summertime!

S/C/G: 265/235/135

Thank you, everyone! I will use the information to continue the hunt...

Sandi, that really is a wonderful idea! Thank you for the thought and time you put into keeping this place the buzzin', hoppin', movin' place that it always is!

Numina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:54 PM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
I have meaning to start a sticky with links (or maybe copies) of these awesome posts. Let's dig up the best of the best, link to them here and I will do something with them!
That's a great idea. We have something like that in the Maintainer's Forum. Something like "Post worth reading over and over again". And let me tell you - they are!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 05:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Default Lost posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numina View Post
There have been a few wonderful, well-written and insightful posts on 100+ that I failed to copy and save, something I really regret at the moment. I don't even know who wrote them. If anyone can point me back at 2 in particular, I would be very, very grateful:

1. One talked about how being very overweight was leading the poster to a "shrinking life;"

2. the second one used a trip to the ocean as a metaphor for this whole weight loss journey, asking why the poster should stop at the 7-11 when she could see the ocean from there.

Anyone remember these or maybe have been smarter than me and saved them at the time they appeared? Thank you!
Click on search and type in words that you think were in the post, such as "Shrinking life " or "ocean " , do not use quotation marks. I have been successful at this , several times, or if you think you know the poster you can look at their posts.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:47 PM   #10  
One day at a time!

I give up. I have searched and searched for the ocean one. I remember it but .........
Old 04-30-2009, 07:14 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by time2lose View Post
I give up. I have searched and searched for the ocean one. I remember it but .........
Did you try the search I suggested. Go to the top of this page and click on search,

Last edited by bargoo; 04-30-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:25 PM   #12  
One day at a time!

I tried the search at the top and a Google search.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:42 PM   #13  
Changing behaviours

Here's the ocean metaphor post, posted by Thighs Be Gone in a thread started by Ailidh: "Robin's really made me think" in the 100 lb Club support forum.

"Really and truly though I just jumped in the car and went on vacation as I started my weightloss! When I started seeing the blue water I kept driving towards it. The views just got better and better. Why would I want to stop at the 7-11? Why would I want to go back to the freeway? I can't wait to put on a cute suit and jump in that blue water now. Who would have thought that I would have ever gotten here to this great, exotic place considering I was in the middle of no man's land before? The long drive and the flat tires and stinky reststops along the way would have intimidated me and made me stay at home if I would have thought about it. So, really, I didn't. I just grabbed my toothbrush and jumped in the car."
Fressca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:43 PM   #14  

I did a 3FC search and came up with many referances to ocean. You have to look at each one until you find the right one.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:46 PM   #15  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Thank you for remembering my post ya'll. That makes me feel really good tonight.

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 04-30-2009 at 07:47 PM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote