WW Clubs and Groups - 214 Bale of Turtles Doing Great!

View Full Version : 214 Bale of Turtles Doing Great!

Itryharder
04-29-2009, 06:41 PM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
04-29-2009, 06:42 PM
Hi Turtles,
Just a reminder I started a new thread because we were getting long. Check #213 for the Veggie Pie recipe and a few new posts.
Have a great day!
Judy

bandit2
04-30-2009, 10:34 AM
Morning, everyone

Well, I am a happy turtle today. I was down 2.25# last night making a total of 27.5# since joing my Tops group.

Donna - try making Judy's veggie pie, it is soooooooo good. One of my favoritie ww recipes for sure.

Princess - how you doing today?

Judy - have a great time with your sisters & just make the best choices you can, but also enjoy yourself!

ladynredd
04-30-2009, 11:18 AM
Got my four miles in yesterday and will be swimming today. I need to form the habit, though, of actually planning out what I'm going to eat as opposed to just tracking it after the fact. I'm not having a problem going over my points allowance; just the opposite -- too many nights I find myself realizing I've got 18 or 20 points to use! And there's no way I can do that without eating a bunch of foods that I know aren't healthy. I don't want to get into the habit of eating an entire box of rice pilaf again. I must admit, though, I start feeling ... uneasy ... as I approach my points limit. Logic tells me I don't want to go into starvation mode, but my emotions tell me that if 30 points are okay, then 25 must be even better.

Thanks for posting the Veggie Pie recipe! I'll give it a try for sure, but I'm going to try making it all "from scratch" -- Bisquik has a VERY distinctive taste and I hate to buy a box knowing it will just sit, and sit, and sit. Or else be telling me at 2:00 a.m. that I should make biscuits. :D Now there's a way (not healthy) of upping my points consumption!

Had a nice 20 or 30 minute lesson yesterday in signing from DH. I usually get together on Thursdays with his niece and we try to practice but she has a bad cold so we're not meeting today. I can see I'm finally starting to make some progress now that we're working on vocabulary and review every day instead of once a week.

Guess that's all from me today!
Donna D., Hemet, CA

ladynredd
05-02-2009, 09:05 PM
Where is everybody?

Had my weigh-in today and GAINED .6 lbs. :mad: I'm telling myself it's because I've been working out and muscle weighs more than fat, or maybe I was "backed up," I don't know. And I do tell myself that this is a way of life, not just a short-term thing. But it's kind of frustrating to see the scale moving in the wrong direction, yanno?

After my meeting DH & I went to the local nursery, where they were having a sale, and picked out a dwarf nectarine tree. We walked in thinking we were going to get a dwarf navel orange, but in this area everybody and his brother has citrus trees and citrus fruit is cheap! A nectarine that's been picked ripe off the tree, though ... that is yummy for the tummy!

Did well at lunch -- DH suggest KFC (grilled of course) but their vegie selections are kind of limited, so I got a little assertive and requested a different place, one that I felt would have more health-friendly selections. They had lots to choose from! I chose a turkey cobb salad, requested dressing on the side, spinach instead of lettuce, and had water instead of soda.

Then we went bowling! First time in 40 years for me, and it was a lot more aerobic than I remembered! lol Got a few strikes and several gutter balls (my mother the bowler must be rolling in her grave) but we had fun. My left knee is definitely going to be sore tomorrow! I'm glad we quit after two games and didn't go for three. I had a better time than DH but he has more physical limitations to deal with than I do. I'm thinking maybe I'll go over there by myself ever couple of weeks and bowl a couple games, see if I can at least get consistently over 100 again.

Donna D., Hemet, CA

chrily
05-03-2009, 11:14 PM
Hey ladies..i am finally back. The last several months have been hectic to say the least. My ex got arrested again, my sister in law passed away in Dec, and just too many stresses to count at home. I finally graduated on Saturday with honors. Now that it is done, I seriously need to work on me. I have gained a ton of weight. I need some inspiration and motivation to get back on track and moving. Will you welcome me back into the group?????

Chris

ladynredd
05-04-2009, 11:13 AM
I'm a new member of the group, but I'll extend a big :hug: and welcome to you! We all know this is the place to be! And congrats on graduating with honors! Are you going to be job-hunting now?

Yesterday was kind of strange -- after my gain (again!) last week I decided to give the Wendie variation of WW a try, which is basically varying the points I eat every day. I must confess that most days I have not been eating all my points and haven't been touching my weekly allotment or my exercise points. My leader suggested that I work this week on making sure I use ALL my points.

So yesterday I was consciously trying to come up with high-point foods (needed to consume 45!!) and I didn't really enjoy it! How strange is that?? I had biscuits with breakfast and I made a homemade beef and macaroni casserole that had half a pound of full-fat cheese in it and felt really uncomfortable eating it. Part of me keeps going, bad, bad! I think if I try this again I'm just going to take the easy way out and go out for pizza. ;)

DH & I both spent yesterday hobbling around feeling all "crippled up" as a result of our going bowling Saturday. This really caught me by surprise, I had no idea I would be using so many muscles in a new way. I did go to the pool and swim for 45 minutes, then had a glorious 15-minute soak in the spa which was HOT again. The last several weeks the maintenance guys have been having trouble with the thermostat in the spa -- some days it's only 85 degrees, which isn't any warmer than the pool! I was very grateful. Think I'll call the front office today and ask them to extend our thanks to whichever maintenance guy worked on it over the weekend. That's a small miracle in itself!

Tummy is rumbling, guess it's breakfast time!
Donna D., Hemet, CA

bandit2
05-04-2009, 03:20 PM
Chrily - welcome back & congrats on graduating with Honors! That is great.
Nice to see you back & hopefully you can get yourself re-focussed & do well again.

I didn't do too bad over weekend, but my knee has been bothering me so my walking isn't quite what it should be. Going to movies tonight with my ladies group to see "Ghosts of girlfriends past" so that will be nice.

Have a good OP day, everyone!

Princess1122
05-05-2009, 07:00 PM
Hi guys! So sorry that I have not been on line all week, very busy at work and when I do try and get on line in the morning the page will not load for this site so I don't know what is going on. Went to w/i last saturday and was up .2 but over all it was not as bad as it could have been even though food had been good. This week I started walking again... outside and only about 1.5 miles but I really need to build myself up again after not doing much of anything on a regular basis for a while. Will take another walk tonight then Zumba class tomorrow. Work is going great and I am extremely busy. Food is going great this week, so now if my TOM will just stay away I may actually lose this week... yeah.

Chrily: Welcome back!

Bandit: Sorry about you knee! I have been having a ton of hip trouble lately, been to the doctor a couple of times over the last couple of months but he just keeps telling me that I am straining muscles... not sure how but whatever. Feel better soon!

Donna: Muscle weighs the same as fat, a pound of fat and a pound of muscle only weigh a pound. But when you exercise your body does tend to get inflamed and your muscles hold water for some reason... just keep at it and you will be fine!

Judy: Hope you are having a blast!

Have to run!

chrily
05-05-2009, 11:26 PM
Want a quick way to lose weight...get sick with the rotovirus. :o My little nephew shared with me. Bless him! It is more my fault than his though. It all started with him going to the hospital on Monday for drinking some paint thinner. They put him in the ICU and that night he was put in a regular room next to some "quarantined" kiddoes. He came home the next day and kept getting sicker, so my sister took him back two days later and they gave him some anti-nausea meds and sent him home. Sunday night he was doing really bad again and she took him back to the ER and they put an IV in and took some blood tests cuz he was dehydrated. The dr. said he got the rotovirus from his hospital stay. Me being the auntie who loves him too much ;) went up to sit with him and my sister on all three occasions and is now sick sick sick. Oh well...I feel better than I did this morning so it won't last too long.

Well off to hold down the couch again. Typing is about the most exercise I have gotten today.

Chris

bandit2
05-06-2009, 11:13 AM
Morning, turtles:

Princess - nice to see you back on the boards & .2# is nothing to worry about. Remember "baby steps" - you are on the right track.

Chrily - sorry to hear about your sickness, hope you are feeling well.

Judy - hope you are behaving yourself.

I have my w/i tonight & am hoping not to be up. Had movie popcorn the other night & last time I did that I didn't drop anything plus with my knee problem have only had 1 walk in the past week - not good.

Anyway, hope you all have a great week!!

chrily
05-06-2009, 12:03 PM
Bandit, since I have been MIA for so long...what is wrong with your knee? I've been having problems with mine a wee bit too, but I think it is because I have gained some weight and that added some strain to my knees.

So first step for me is to pick up a a new weigh in day. Anyone have any suggestions. I weighed myself yesterday while I was sick (down a few lbs) but that doesn't count. :)

I feel better but I am still going to take it easy today. Just exhausted from taking the kids to school. A little more recoup time and I'll be ready to roll.

I'll check in later today and see how you are all doing?

I was wondering too if anyone was interested in doing daily or weekly challenges? I love doing those. They keep me on track.

Chris

bandit2
05-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Hi Chrily - I hurt my knee last summer leaning on back of truck moving my daughter, then went for phsio & it seemed better. But lately with walking lots it has flared up again. Last year they said it was bursitis. I can still walk, just gets sore - thanks for asking.

I am usually on computer most days, so would be up for some challenges.

Any ideas, ladies?

chrily
05-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Bandit, ouch...doesn't sound like fun. Sorry about your knee.

I have been so busy with schoolwork and working, that I don't get up and move much either. I think that is part of why my knees hurt...serious lack of muscles. ;)

I think we should do some sort of exercise challenge or food challenge.

Chris

bandit2
05-06-2009, 04:51 PM
OK sounds good.

My goal for exercise this week is to walk at least 10 miles.
Preplan my menu everyday & stay within my target

Princess1122
05-07-2009, 06:18 AM
Morning all, I ALMOST made it online during lunch yesterday, I was able to read everyone posts then his reply... then it just froze! I think it has something to do with the firewall at work because I do not have that problem here at home.

I am alway up for challenges! Let me know what we figure out.

Bandit: Hope you feel better!

Have a happy day all.

Itryharder
05-07-2009, 09:35 AM
Hi Turtles,
I'm back! Had a nice time and I'm glad to be home. Food was fantastic on trip, but I did some emotional eating on the drive back home. So glad to see you chiming in. Yes, I've had trouble with the site--I suspect my computer is causing the problem.

Okay, I am way up for weekly challenges. Bandit, you are doing great. I am so happy for you. Time for me to actually lose some weight instead of maintaining so nicely. Ugh.

:welcome3: to Chrily. You've been on my mind and I'm so glad you graduated with honors and you're back and ready to treat yourself right. Sorry about your family woes, but you sound like you're about to make a good difference in your life. Weigh to go!
So, to all my turtle friends, hi! Let's have a great day.
By the way, Donna, I was just about to suggest the Wendie plan to you or to start counting your points with your evening meal to get over snag with your points. I guess it's okay to mention that most WW's have more success when they eat their points. Hey, you're doing great and have a wonderful weight loss. Keep up the good work.
Judy

bandit2
05-07-2009, 10:53 AM
Morning, turtles:

Judy - glad to see you back here & hope you are doing well.

I was down .75# last night at my w/i making a total of 28.25# since joining
Tops, slow but steady so can't complain.

Planning on walking tonight & again tomorrow afternoon with my gf.

Have a great OP day, everyone.

Princess1122
05-08-2009, 06:32 AM
Morning all and happy Friday! I am so glad that the weekend is almost here, it has been a very busy and long week. Went to Zumba last night and had a good time.

Judy: Glad you are back and congrats on the good eating while on Vacation, that is always a challenge!

Donna: The Wendie plan has helped me in the past... Maybe I need to start doing that again also....

Bandit: Any plans for the weekend? Congrats on your loss, you really are doing fantastic!!

Chirily: Congrats on graduation! Has spring finally made it up your way?

Itryharder
05-08-2009, 09:53 AM
Hi Turtles,
Princess, weigh to go getting to Zumba class! :strong:

Yeah, my food on vacation in the south was terrific and I'm so proud of myself. Oatmeal or eggwhite omelets for breakfast, vegetable subs for lunch/dinner one day, fish and veggies (and only a few French fries), and a black bean veggie burger that was soooooo good. It wasn't easy with the food, but it wasn't impossible. My sisters were all into the "Monday I'm starting a real detox/diet" so they ate what they wanted, but honestly I knew if I did that I'd be up 7-8# and I really can't afford that. This morning the scale was great, but I'm not sure if it's real or not. I'll have to watch very carefully to make my Wed. WI a :goodscale: Mothers' Day is here and I'm cooking/ordering out--not sure which yet but I want the foods to be "Me friendly".

Okay, the sun is finally out here in NY and I'm looking forward to a lovely weekend. I'll get out and grocery shop today and plan out meals for next week, etc.

Onward and downward! We can do this!
Love, Judy

ladynredd
05-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Sorry I've been MIA the past few days. I've worked more hours this past week than any week in the past 2 or 3 months and while it will be good for my pocketbook, it's amazing how much time work can take up! :D

The past couple days I haven't been journaling my food and I haven't been exercising every day either. So I'm not anticipating good news at the scale on Saturday. Oh, well, in 20 years this will just be such a little bump in the road I won't even remember it, right?

So I'm trying to narrow my focus down to TODAY. I'm halfway through my first glass of water and as soon as I post this I'm going to sit down and plan my meals for the day to make sure I get my points in.

Keep on trundling on!
Donna D., Hemet, CA

bandit2
05-09-2009, 01:30 PM
Good afternoon, turtles:

Princess - zumba sound like fun & lots of exercising. I love to dance so would probably enjoy something along those lines. Good for you for getting active!

Donna - hope you get back to your journalling, that has helped me alot.

Judy - I am sooooo proud of you for doing so well on vacation. That is really hard when everyone around you is having whatever they want. But, you will be rewarded at the scale, so good for you!

Yesterday was a sunny day & I got my lawn mowed for the first time this year & good thing, since today is rainey. Got lots of raking as well. Then my gf came & we went & had a hot-tub & swim (didn't walk since my knee is still sore) but had fun anyway.

Then we had haddock & zuccini with big caesar salad for our dinner. Then later jello with coolwhip & a cookie crumbled on top (that was very good)
and of course, the wine.

Tonight I am going to a singles dance with some ladies, so that should be good for a laugh.

Then tomorrow my dd with be home so will be spending day with her after visiting my mom.

Thats about it - so have a great weekend.

Lets all keep: journalling, drinking water, counting points & exercising.

Remember: Together, we can

Itryharder
05-09-2009, 02:50 PM
Bandit, you've got lots of fun things going on. Congrats on getting the lawn cut. We had to cut ours for the first time too, and today it's rainy. OUr post office did a nice thing--they collected food for the needy and I was able to put some things in a sack for the collection. Felt good.

Last night I had a weird thing happen and I'm pleased with the results. Had a chicken roasting in the oven when dgrandson and dd wanted to come over and go to OUtback for dinner. Okay==turned off the oven, had 1/2 dinner at restaurant and packed the rest up for today. Whew! I feel like someone has invaded my body and is making good choices. The scale is looking very good so I have to make sure that tomorrow's choices are good so I can have a good Wednesday WI.

Tomorrow kids are coming to celebrate Mothers' Day and I am cooking because I want to--can control the calories better that way. Monday I will be busy at dd's so will have to bring figure friendly foods. Busy times ahead! You all have a lovely weekend, have fun and be well and chime in when you can.
Judy

Princess1122
05-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Happy Mothers Day all!

Went to W/I yesterday, was only down .2 that was disappointing since food was good and exercise was plentiful... I will keep at it though, TOM has arrived so next W/I will reflect that but I will just keep chugging along and it will get moving again.

Bandit: Have a great weekend and have lots of fun with your family!

Donna: How are you doing?

Judy: Very happy to have you back with us and congrats on the food while on vacation, that is always rough.

Chirily: How are you doing?

Have to run and get ready, we are going to my DS house for a cook-out

ladynredd
05-11-2009, 03:36 PM
Got up this morning and did the 5 mile walk for the first time! I think I'll claim that as my positive for the day. At my weigh-in I lost EXACTLY the amt. of weight I gained last week. Lightened my mood a good deal!

Had the best Mother's Day I've had in years. My oldest son called and we had a short conversation. He even mentioned his stepfather in a positive way without prompting.

My youngest son came and shared lunch with DH, my mother in law, and me. It was the first time my son met my mother in law, who is deaf, and he was very polite, remembering to always face her when speaking so she could lip read. He was also very patient with DH's attempts to teach him how to sign the alphabet. (fingerspelling) Son and I took off for the pool for a while after lunch while DH and his mom stayed inside in the air conditioning. This gave son and I some personal time and he shared some good news -- he is asking his gf to marry him in a couple weeks. When the lease is up on their current apt. in June they are planning to move in with her parents, who have a BIG house and have been suffering from a bit of empty nest syndrome. They are trying to save up to buy their first home and this should enable them to save a couple thousand dollars a month, so it's a worthwhile sacrifice.

I am so proud of this boy! He is so much more together than I was at 25!

I'd better end or I'll end up writing a book.

Princess1122
05-12-2009, 09:12 AM
Morning all and happy Tuesday to everyone. It is a very pretty day here today with rain expected for the rest of the week... sigh. We got the vegetable garden in on Sunday so the rain will help that but I still like the sunny days best =)

Eating is ok but this past weekend I ate too much of things that while were point friendly they were not so friendly in the amounts that I ate... moving forward I realize that TOM is a huge problem for me in so many ways so I need to overcome them and move past them.

Hope all is well with everyone, I have to run, busy day ahead!

bandit2
05-12-2009, 10:41 AM
Morning, turtles:

Princess - I know how you feel about having a bad weekend, I overdid this past weekend as well & have to be accountable tomorrow night. Not looking forward to this weeks weigh in.

Got in a 2 mile walk last night & hot-tube afterwards, so felt good getting my butt back over to the centre. My knee was abit sore, but I think the walk actually helped.

Nice & sunny up here today so that is nice.

This site is going to be down later today for upgrades, so everyone have a great day & talk later.

Itryharder
05-12-2009, 11:12 PM
Hi Turtles,
Real quicky, I've been at my dd's the last two days and handled food there a lot better than I have in the past. I have my WI tomorrow so I have high hopes. I hope I've not overestimated how well I've done. I'll let you know.
Judy
Congrats on the exercising you've posted. WEigh to go and Donna--what nice news you had.

Princess1122
05-13-2009, 08:50 AM
Morning all and happy Wednesday to everyone. Rainy here today and supposed to keep up for the rest of the week but my garden is enjoying it. Now if I can just keep our German Shep. out of the garden it stands a chance of growing... I think that he thinks he is in charge of the garden but with his big old feet those poor little tomato plants don't stand a chance =)

Judy and Bandit: Best wishes for great W/I's! I sure hope you get the numbers that you are looking for.

Donna: Have you tried any new recipes lately?

Chirily: How are you doing so far? Has spring finally made it up your way?

Have to run but have a great day!

bandit2
05-13-2009, 10:24 AM
Morning, turtles:

Got in another walk last night - not quite 2 miles since I wanted to get back home in time to watch finale of Biggest Loser. I wanted Tara to win - but Helen beat her out.

According to my scale at home, I am up this week so not looking forward to weigh in tonight. I know I have had too many extras this week & they have caught up with me.

Princess - hope your garden survives the dog.

Judy - good luck at the scales

Chrily - where are you hiding? Hope you are doing well.

Everyone else - have a great OP day!

Itryharder
05-13-2009, 04:15 PM
Hi Turtles,
I'm back from my WI and I did fine. I'm down 1.8# and still am not at my lowest weight this time. Several weeks ago I went out to Montauk Point and the ocean and ate literally like there was no tomorrow. The scale showed it (I was up almost 5#) and now I'm chipping away to get rid of it. Considering being on vacation and having Mothers
Day I did verrrrrry well. Now I have to knock off the last 1.2# and I'll be in good territory again. Sorry this is so long winded, but I need to semi=vent.
I ate a lot more fish than I ever would have before. I stopped when I wasn't quite full. I checked my appetite before I ate, and I was cognizant of my points as I went through the days. I am proud :cheer: of myself and need to do the same this week.

Good luck to us all. We are valiant and on the right track. Even when we gain weight, we know why. We're not clueless anymore. Keep on keepin' on!
Love, Judy
234.6/213.2/211 puts me at 25# down. I can do this!

bandit2
05-13-2009, 04:49 PM
Judy - that is a fabulous loss this week. Keep it up & you will be back down to before your vacation. Nice Job!

Itryharder
05-13-2009, 08:16 PM
Thanks Bandit! :goodvibes:
Judy

bandit2
05-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Morning, turtles:

As expected I was up last night but didn't think it would be as bad as it was.
I was up 1.75# so was not happy about that. Goal this week, is to drop that gain by next weigh in.

Hope you are all having a OP day.

Raining up here right now & suppose to be pretty cool over the weekend.
My dd & her friends are going up to trailer this weekend, so I am staying close to home & hope to get my yard finished up there, so I can start enjoying my weekends when I am away from the house.

Long weekend ahead & am planning on getting in long walks & staying OP

Have a good day!

Itryharder
05-14-2009, 01:16 PM
Okay Bandit, you can get that weight off and have a great :goodscale: next WI. Hey, it's nice to look forward to some enjoyable weekends this summer. We're trying to open our pool, but the rain keeps interfering.
Good luck all! Keep OP and let's get this done!
Judy

Itryharder
05-15-2009, 01:43 PM
Whew--just like that I blew it yesterday. Lauren, give me some input, please!!!!! I feel that even though I did so well, I'm still not back to my lowest point before I headed out to Montauk and gained five pounds. Thanks for listening. Now I have to nip this in the bud, drink lots of water today, go easy on my points and get some fish in the house.
Thanks for listening. You are all the best!!!
Judy :grouphug:
234.6/213.2/209.6(My 25# marker!!!!) :cool:

ladynredd
05-16-2009, 10:43 AM
I have a nice NSV (non scale victory) to report this morning -- DH and I went to IHOP yesterday and I was able to fit comfortably in a booth for the first time! :broc: :broc: Usually we choose a table so the edge of the table doesn't cut into my stomach.

Saw the new Star Trek movie yesterday, which I really enjoyed, and while there DH bought chocolate covered raisin and I only ate three. Count them, three! More were offered but I declined.

Princess, I haven't tried any new recipes this week but I just found one for turkey chili that I'll try as soon as I make it to the store for ground turkey. I did make a batch of that old standby, 5 Can Soup, and added some Morningstar Meal Starter (TVP crumbles) to make it a complete meal. My DH was surprised to find he liked it. :)

Busy day today -- WI this morning, then we're off to a day in Palm Springs where we will see the Palm Springs Follies, where all the showgirls, etc., are over 55. Their oldest performer is in her 80's and sure looks good on their brochure!

Trundle on, turtles!
Donna D., Hemet, CA

LaurenH
05-16-2009, 04:43 PM
Hello to all!

Judy, I wish I had some words of wisdom, but I don't -- except the best way to handle a blow-out is to immediately get back on the wagon. That's how it comes right off again. You're doing so well; DON'T sabotage yourself! Do you journal? I mean your thoughts, not just what you eat. Maybe that would help? Or just talking with someone? What triggered it this time? I so want you to do well, my dear, and get past this wall. I know you have it in you.

I'm maintaining, mostly. I figured out this week that the 2 extra pieces of fruit and the yogurt I eat each day add up to 300 calories! That's another entire meal. No wonder I'm maintaining. So I'm cutting back on the fruit, and I'm going to find some plain yogurt I can doctor myself (since I hate all the diet brands).

On the bright side, people are commenting right and left on my weight loss now. It's funny how long it took before people noticed, and now they're stunned! Must look like an overnight success to them. Well, it isn't, as we all know!

Having a nice, leisurely Saturday afternoon on the porch right now. Sun has come out, temps are in the 60s; it's just a perfect day. We have to grab these when we can!

Have a great day, everyone.

LaurenH
05-17-2009, 10:43 AM
I hit the 100-pound mark today from my highest weight! And I'm officially just overweight now! I've never been so happy to be overweight in my life.

It has been 20 years since I've seen this weight. Some dreams really do come true.

Thanks, everyone, for your help on this journey; it means a lot to me.

ladynredd
05-17-2009, 10:48 AM
Lauren, how wonderful! Fantastic job! :bravo: I hope one day to be able to say the same.

My positive is that DH and I went to see the Palm Springs Follies. Amazing. These were SHOWGIRLS -- huge headdresses, flesh-colored bodysuits, glitter, and not much else. And every single one of them is over 55. The oldest is 85! And they had some gaw-jus men, too! :cheer3:

I wasn't expecting to enjoy the show that much but it really inspired me. I think the average age was about 70 and there they are, singing, tap dancing -- really disproved the lie that getting older means getting fat and sitting in a wheelchair! (We get this attitude a lot from my mother-in-law. DH told her about our day and her reply was, I'm glad you had a nice day. Enjoy it while you can because soon you won't be able to get around very well.) :rolleyes:

Another positive is that after the show we were going to go out to dinner and there was a nice Italian restaurant right next to the theater and when I looked at their menu and they showed nothing but pasta, I passed it by! :carrot: Walked a little further and found a place that had a menu with more selections.

We're all doing so well! Keep on keeping on!

Itryharder
05-17-2009, 06:24 PM
Hi Turtles,
Lauren, :cp: :bravo: :goodscale: :cheer: :cheers: weigh to go! Oh Lauren, this is such wonderful good news. You're an inspiration. I am soooooo happy for you.
You go girl! Isn't it funny how well you've done with weight only to have people notice now!! WEll, whenever the compliments come, they are sweet. (And by the way, thanks for your input about me. ) Keep up the good work. Terrific! And yes, it doesn't take much (2 fruits and a yogurt) to maintain weight. Glad you figured it out.
And thanks for your input about my sabotage. I reined it all in and have finished the weekend quite well. I think what happened was pretty simple: Dh promised to bbq, but he got too tired. We ordered Italian delivery--I got food that points out well (linguine with red clam sauce) but it arrived so soaked and swimming in oil that I knew it was waaaaaay more than 7 points per serving. Then to top it all, I had a little pizza and was up 3# the next day. Well, stinkin' thinkin' got to me and rather than drink a lot of water the next day, I overate early in the day. However, by the afternoon I got over the worry of eating too many points over the two parties we had to attend over the weekend. I had a super light supper of salad and 1/2 slice of pizza. Next morning had a very light breakfast, skipped the fattening foods at the first party and had a salad topped with grilled chicken no dressing and at the second party had a sliver of cake and that was about it. Grabbed hold of the overeating, got myself settled down and determined to work through changes even better than I have been. So :carrot: me. Thanks all for listening. My dh is a doll, but there is just so much angst he can listen to about my weight.

Donna, I am so happy you overcame the first restaurant and found one with better choices. You're doing great! Keep up the good work.

Here's :grouphug: and :goodvibes: to us all. We are a terrific group and I love you all. Take care, be well, and keep on keepin' on.
Judy
234.6/213.2/209.4 I want to get to 25# down!!!! :cool:

bandit2
05-18-2009, 09:49 AM
Good morning, turtles:

Lauren - BIG congratulations to you! That is such a fabulous loss, good for you - you must be sooooooooo excited!

Judy - good for you for turning yourself around, keep it up & things will get back down for you. Making good choices is very hard at times so great that you got yourself back on track.

Donna - you are also doing great, keep it up.

Princess - hope you are having a great weekend.

As for myself, I had some chips & dip I didn't need last night, so have to get back on track for this week.

Have a great OP week, everyone!

msmeri
05-18-2009, 12:58 PM
Hi guys, got room for one more?

I am kinda of excited. last week I lost 4lbs and if I can do that again I will be down by 50. I think that will be cool. My first mini goal. It's just right around the corner. Gotta work hard. No more eating cheesecake like I did on Saturday. Extended my walk to 2.5 miles today. In training for a 5K on 6/6. I have been keeping track of my points in my journal but I go to an on line twitter place to log in my food with calories. Looks like my point allowance turns out to be about 1200 calories. But I gotta stop sucking on 3 pieces of sugar free hard candy it has like 40 calories. and I was drinking special K protein water at work to tide me over. It has a WW point value of 0 but it has around 35 calories. That's stupid I can drink water for nothing!

:dust:

Itryharder
05-18-2009, 01:14 PM
:welcome3: msmeri, glad to have you join us. Tell us a little bit about yourself and what you're doing.

I'm Judy. I'm the eldest in this group--but no one seems to mind. I'm married, have three grown, married children and three grandchildren. I'm a retired elementary teacher and have been trying to lose weight from age 25 on. I've lost over 65 pounds twice in my life, and realized I didn't want to sacrifice and "diet" that hard again. I've lost over 20# with WW, but it's taking me forever because I have been letting emotional eating get in my way. Now I'm working hard on getting this excess fluff out of the way.

Hey turtles, had a good day again yesterday and am working on having another good day. Am hopeful that my Wed. WI will be good. Still rainy and cold here. We had to put the heat back on last night even after having a fire in the fireplace.
I'm good--optimistic--and feeling great. :goodvibes: to us all!
Judy
234.6/213.2/209.6 on to 25# down! :cool:

bandit2
05-18-2009, 02:30 PM
Welcome Msmeri - always nice to have new members with their experiences & tips etc on their weight loss journey. This is a great group of ladies with lots of information.

I have been doing ww for awhile & lost at beginning of journey, then got sidetracked & joined Tops last Sept & so far have dropped 26.50# since joining, I still track with my ww points but have found Tops much cheaper for the group support. I am separated with 1 daughter who is 23. Work full time.
That is abit about myself. I have struggled with weight issues forever and find this group great for motivation & support.

Good luck with your journey!

msmeri
05-18-2009, 09:06 PM
hi bandit2,

I have been chubbie (to put it nicely) ever since I found out I was adopted. I was devistated my parents wern't my parents. I thought no one loved me. So good old food to the resque. Food has been my friend for almost 25 years. I have tried different things here and there, never exercise (hello) Then a girlfriend wanted to loose weight and she had done WW before so she coppied all the meterials in tripilicate and a small group of us started to meet each wednesday night for dinner, weigh in, exercise. With lots of phone calls during the week for support Well that was late 2007. The hostess got pregnant and we all fell off the wagon. When the baby was old enough we started again. For some reason it's working this time! I have been doing a leslie sansoon DVD that was lent to me. at first it was very hard I was over 300lbs. But now I walk every morning and then do her DVD in the afternoon.
Anyway I am married with a 19year old son who is never going to move out I think. Me and the DH both work for the school district but, I only work 3.5 hours a day. My pride and joy in life is my 3 chihuahuas Mayan Princess, Aztec warrior, and Gir named after a cartoon caractor. They have given me the love I needed in my life. I call them my kids, talk to them, sleep with them and oh yes I do dress them up in outfits and don't forget the finger nail polish (only on Maya of corse)
Looking forward to meeting you all
now what am i going to eat for dinner?

:dust:

chrily
05-19-2009, 01:41 AM
Hey all..my hiding was completely unintentional! :)

First off, a couple days after I returned on here....I got the stomach flu. I was down for 4 days. Then Kayla got, then Nicole, then Kelly...followed up by Tiana. That is one week I do not want to relive again.

Then my dad went in for hernia surgery so I have been filling in for him.

And finally, my other computer would time out before I could get on the site. It would just lock up and....NOTHING! I wanted to throw it out the window. I finally got the internet to work on my laptop again. YEAHHHHHHH! :D

So here I am...back again. Hellow to our new member...msmeri? My name is Chris. I have been with this group off and on for awhile. More off than on, since I was in school. Anyhow, I am married and have 3 kiddies (okay two kids and one teenager). I am 38 now. I've had rheumatoid arthritis for 10 years now. Some fun! My weight has been a constant battle. Up and down, up and down. I was at my all time high of 242 but now I am down to 237 so I feel a little better. Glad to meet you....hang with us! These ladies are wonderful! ;)

Princess1122
05-19-2009, 08:54 AM
Morning all and happy Tuesday to everyone. I went to W/I on Saturday and was up .4, was not happy but keep moving forward.

Got some bad news yesterday, the company that I am at is way over budget and I have been told that Friday is most likely my last day here, sigh, oh well, I will just keep moving forward again. I hope that Friday is not my last day, everyone here is thrilled with me and my work and the powers that be are trying to save me but in these times who knows...

Welcome to msmeri... glad to have you with us.

I have to run but will try and get online tonight to post more.

bandit2
05-19-2009, 10:22 AM
Morning, turtles:

Msmeri - I hope you continue with our group & find some of the ladies tips helpful.

Princess - that is rough with the job. Things are not good up here as well, but not as bad as in the States. But, things happen for a reason & hopefully everyone will be better off in the long run when economy picks back up.
Hope you get to keep your job!

Chrily - glad to hear from you again. Sounds like you have had a rough time lately. Hope for lots of improvements for you.

Got my trailer all opened up on Friday & everything is working & my dd and her friends spent weekend up there. I stayed around the house & got my yard under control which makes me feel better.

Have my w/i tomorrow and hoping not to have gained anymore. Don't think I dropped anything in the last week. Going tonight to rejoin the centre for my walking - I really enjoy that & it keeps me focussed & on track with my menus after putting in the time for big walks.

Goal this week is to journal, drink extra water & stay on track.

Good luck everyone & lets all have a great week!

msmeri
05-19-2009, 12:25 PM
bandit2- you might just have motivated me to work in my yard-ugg. We are moving next month living in boxes so it's hard to want to do anything at the old place.

Princess1122- I am so sorry to hear of your job situation, I'll be praying! My DH and I had a scare last month, here in California they cut back funding for the school system and they thretned to lay off some classifed positions. But the union stepped in and negaotiated. All that happened at my district was the people who work 11 and 12 months had to take a 5 day furlo. That's not good but no one lostt their job. Next year is yet to be seen.

chrily- How is your Dad doing? Was he in the hospital or was it out pationt surgery? As for you family sickness..at least it wasn't the swine flu!:ink:

:idea:Now about this Momentium stuff
There deal as I undarstand it is all about "filling foods"
Are they talking fiber?
How much fiber should you get per day?
I found teses Mission "Carb Ballence" flour Tortillas They have 11g of fiber each. I try to eat about 3 a week when I have them. They are about $4.00 for 10 kinna high I know
If they are talking protein..yesterday I stuffed in my mouth 2oz of peanuts they were over 300 calories wich is not to bad but wow they were 8 points. I had no bissnius eating them I wasn't hungry, I just had dinner. But I keept my daily points down to 18 and my target is about 31. still feel guilty.

Tomorrow is w/i I am scared! I have lost 47 so far and really want to make that mile marker of 50 by Wednesday.

Itryharder
05-19-2009, 12:59 PM
Hi Turtles,
Princess, oh I hope they can keep you on at your job. I'm sending prayers and :goodvibes: Good luck with everything you've got going.

Chrily, no one should have a week like you just had! Glad it's in the past and you can move on. Your weight is good and going down. That's the direction we all want.

Bandit, I am not quite sure how you get so much done and still work full time. You're something else! Good luck with the walking and exercise centre this week. It's made a nice difference in the past. :strong:

Msmeri, the filling foods are the foods that would have been called the old "core" foods for the simplest explanation. They are foods that are very low fat, high fiber, lean protein. Good luck at your WI. You've lost a wonderful amount of weight. :cp: :cheer: Keep it up!

I'm doing well. Except for that one day when things (food) got out of control, I have reined everything in and am counting points. My WW leader warned against cutting back on points too much so I'm working this out and am hoping to see a tiny loss tomorrow. Please cross your fingers for a :goodscale:
Okay--gotta run. Dd showed up and we're going to go gallivanting.
Take it easy, be well and happy!
Judy
234.6/213.2/209.6 closing in on 25# down! :cool:

bandit2
05-19-2009, 01:47 PM
Hi turtles:

Msmeri - good luck at the scales this week, you have lost alot already, keep it going & yes, 50# would be such a milestone!

Judy - heres hoping for you also to have a loss at the scale this week!

We all need a boost right now - spring is here so lets get "spring forward to our goals"

Have a great OP day!

chrily
05-19-2009, 05:06 PM
Princess-OMG! I hope you don't lose your job! I'll be praying for you too.

MsMeri-My dad had outpatient surgery but he's the kind of guy who doesn't listen.;) He's not supposed to be doing anything for a couple more weeks, but yesterday he told me I can go back to my two days a week. Darn it. My extra money took a nosedive there. Anyhow, No swine flu here. We got the rotavirus instead. :D I think there has only been 4 cases of the swine flu Montana (none in my house).

Bandit and Judy-how are you two ladies doing? Hope all of you have a good weigh in today.

I had a small victory today for myself. Nicole is home with asthma problems and she wanted some chicken nuggets. I actually went through the drive-thru and DIDN'T order anything for myself. :D

Well back to Mt. Washmore. The laundry never seems to cease around here. It's 90 degrees outside so I have to wait to mow the lawn. That is going to count for some exercise today.

TTFN

Itryharder
05-19-2009, 11:18 PM
Chrily, every victory is huge! Weigh to go to drive through McDonald's and not get anything for yourself! That's a milestone and deserves a :cp: and a :cheer: Good for you. I am convinced this journey downward to healthy weight is marked by a collection of good choices leading to a happier fitter us!
Judy

msmeri
05-19-2009, 11:53 PM
I just remembered that I read an artical in a magazine last week about a study that showed people who incorporated raisins into their diet everyday lost more weight then the people who didn't. Don't know how true it was

But it can't hurt....right

1/4 cup (1 1/2oz) is only 2 points
shoot
1oz of chocolate covered is only 2 points

and you get one of your fruit servings that you need anyway
Try em sprinkled on a peanut butter sandwich:drool:

no late night snacking people!

bandit2
05-20-2009, 10:27 AM
Morning, turtles:

Chrily - nice job on resisting temptation at the drive-thru, that is really hard to do. Lots of times I think I can do it then make lame justifications and reasoning why its OK just to have "this little treat" which in my case is usually a Big Mac & Fries & then I have the mentality of having gotten off track & that usually stays that way until Monday a.m. So very proud of you for being so strong!

Msmeri - I like raisens on my salad, never had them on a sandwich though.

Judy - good luck today at the scale. I too am hoping for a weight loss this week.

Got in 30 laps walking last night which made me feel good & then a nice swim & hot-tub, I sooooooooo enjoy that. I was ready for my bed pretty early but felt good after having a completely OP day & getting in my exercise. Now, if I could do that everyday I would be a happy turtle.

Princess - I am so hoping you keep your job. You have had a rough go in that department & I really think the extra stress cannot be helping you on your weight loss journey. Try to keep positive!

Here's to a great "turtle day"

LaurenH
05-20-2009, 10:31 AM
Welcome, Msmeri! So glad you're here.

I've been on this journey a looooooooooooooong time, and have read this group for ... more than a decade! Wow. Hard to believe. I initially lost about 90 pounds on WW, then gradually gained back 60+ of those. In the past year or so, I've lost back down to virgin fat territory and am chipping away into that now. I'm currently doing a home delivery diet plan (Pure Foods Fresh Start), which I love. WW is a great plan, though; I just needed a change.

I live in Michigan with DH and currently no cats.

Chrily, I didn't know you had rheumatoid arthritis. A friend of mine was recently diagnosed with that and has huge success treating it with diet. (Very low carb; no grains, etc.) My mom also has this, but not a bad case of it; she was treated initially with anti-inflammatories but now just needs low doses of those. She's very fortunate. I hope you're doing well! I know that's a tough row to hoe. WTG on the fast-food victory!

Judy, HOORAY on continuing in your good direction! That's wonderful! So happy for you. :carrot:

Bandit, is your trailer out in the country somewhere? This is a summer thing, right? On a lake? Trying to remember ... anyway, it sounds lovely. A summer getaway must be a marvelous thing to have. Mine is our front porch!

Princess, EEK on the job. Saying a prayer right now for you. At least you're a good worker and will get excellent recommendations, but I hope it doesn't come to that!

MIL fell and broke her wrist (we think), so DH is going to try to get her an x-ray today. I say "try" because it isn't a guaranteed thing. She lives in Canada. When she broke her arm a few years ago, the health system there really let her down (sorry, Bandit). She couldn't get it x-rayed for days, and didn't get it set for WEEKS. And when they finally did do it, they screwed it up. Fortunately, she is in a new town, much closer to us, so we can go over and advocate for her to get the care she needs. We are NOT fans of the Canadian health care system, I can tell you. Anyway, hoping she can get the help she needs soon; she's in a lot of pain. (She's 83.) I may need to go over and stay with her for a bit because DH needs to be at our house to work with my dad, who is coming up from North Carolina tomorrow to help us with a bunch of projects. Yikes!

Other than that, it's a sunny spring day, the birds are singing, and our lilacs are JUST about to bloom.

Have a great day, everyone.

bandit2
05-20-2009, 03:09 PM
Hi Lauren - sorry to hear our our MIL. When we go to States we take out insurance for there before we leave, even if it is only for the weekend. It doesn't cost much & then we have peace of mind.

My trailer is a seasonal thing & it is in a park on a lake. Very nice amenities - 2 large pools, beach, volleyball/basketball courts & big marina with restaurant & dance hall. We have lots of fun up there. The trailer itself is 40' long, has all the comforts of home & can comfortably sleep 6. I especially like having campfires and sitting on deck & having a nice drink with friends. The park is open from May til Oct & I will be spending lots of time up there.

Nice getaway as well for my dd & her friends. Plus it is only a 1/2 hour drive from my house, so no big long drives getting there.

Nice sunny day here as well.

Lauren - where is your MIL from in Canada? I am close to Toronto.

chrily
05-20-2009, 03:54 PM
Hey all...just a quick flyby. My hands don't feel so hot today.

Lauren, hey can you find out what kind of diet changes your relatives have made with their RA? I am taking methotrexate and would love to see how regular changes will improve it.

Also must say...no offense to anyone, but my brother in law and his girlfriend are in Canada working for US Customs and neither will go to the doctor there. They come back to the states for stuff. He also says its odd but they only allow you to buy so much chicken and cheese at the store. IS that really true?

Well off I go. Nicole is sick again today (nothing contagious though!). It's been windy and her asthma has kicked up. She gets so darn demanding though...lol

Chris

Itryharder
05-20-2009, 03:57 PM
Hey Bandit, :goodscale: to you tonight. You deserve it. I love to hear you're getting the exercise you like! Your cabin/camp/trailer sounds wonderful. No wonder you like to go there after your tough winters.

Lauren, I'm sorry about your MIL. She's lucky to have you to advocate for her. I've got her in my prayers too.

Princess, I've got you in my prayers. Good luck with your job.

Donna, how's everything going?
Chrily, how are you?

I've got great news. Last Wed. night I overate, figured out why, got back on track by Friday and did great the rest of the week. I lost one pound at my WI and was so happy. When I lose the next .3# that will be the lowest in weight I've been in ages. When I get down to 209.6, I'll have lost 25#. That's my next short term goal. I'll figure out what my next goal is after that when I get there.
:goodscale: and :bravo: for me for keepin' on keepin' on!
Thanks for support and kind words. They keep me going and help me realize I'm not alone.
Judy
234.6/212.2/209.6 :cool:

bandit2
05-20-2009, 04:59 PM
Hi everyone:

Chrily - Maybe your inlaws don't have out of country medical coverage, and I guess it would be expensive for things on their own. I have always thought we had great health coverage up here & have never had any problems with things. The only time I have seen "limits" on food were on drastic price reductions. Example: cheese bars 1/2 price & last week they had 2-1/2# extra lean ground beef for $2.99 & on both of these things there was a limit of "3 per family" but regular things on sale there is no limit.

Judy - congrats on your weight loss! Hoping to do as well as you tonight at the scale. Some weeks I find it stressful just thinking about it!

Whats everyone having for dinner? I didn't take anything out of freezer & it will be late when I get home after my meeting. I'm thinking maybe an omellete for a change.

Just had my snack of cheesestring & for my lunch I had a BIG salad with tuna & balsamic dressing. I think I am obsessed about food :-)

LaurenH
05-20-2009, 05:40 PM
Chris, no problem buying groceries in Canada as far as I know. Maybe your relatives meant bringing those items into the U.S.? I imagine there's a limit there.

Bandit, I think the quality of health care depends a great deal on where you live. MIL lived in a small town about 5 hours north of Toronto; many people up there had no doctor at all because there just weren't enough to go around. The closer you get to the big cities, the better care you get, apparently.

She's now just over the border from us, in the Windsor area. There's a critical shortage of doctors there, too; when she was having bad heart problems, it took us 6 months to get her an appointment with a cardiologist. That's how long the wait list was. When her back went bad, the wait list for an MRI was 9 months! She could barely walk. We ended up bringing her over here and paying for one ourselves. (And then a neurosurgeon here agreed to give her injections for free (!), which took care of the problem.) So far, though, when she does get care in Windsor, it's good.

Today DH got her to her doctor's, who wrote her a prescription for an x-ray; DH then drove her to the hospital to get the x-ray. Then he drove her back to her doctor's. The good news: It looks like it might just be a bad sprain! She's in a lot of pain, but thank God it doesn't look like a break. I'm going to head over there this weekend to see how she's doing. Thanks for your prayers, everyone.

Chris, about my friend with rheumatoid ... she avoids all grains (rice, wheat, etc.) except for quinoa and maybe one other, can't remember. She pretty much just eats meat and vegetables. Very rarely any fruit. Definitely no sweets or hard liquor, though she can have a little wine. She does eat potatoes occasionally. Basically, think Atkins; that's pretty much what she does. Her rheumatologist told her that sugar contributes to inflammation, so she has to keep all sugar/carb intake to a low level.

Hope that helps! Maybe you could Google rheumatoid and diet?

Judy, WOO-HOO!!!!! Almost 25 pounds! That is SO exciting!

Princess1122
05-21-2009, 08:40 AM
Good morning and and happy Thursday to everyone! We have had just incredible weather here this week! Rain coming in for the weekend but that is ok, we don't have big plans anyway other then the usual errands and stuff around the house.

About the job... ugh... it does not look like I am going to get a life line, but you know what, I am ok with that, sounds strange but true. When I started this job I gave it my all, kicked butt and did not take any prisoners =) I made friends and ran my projects with respect and catered to the project sponsors. As it turned out they loved me and the work that I did for them. They all want to keep me and have called the VP of the area that I work in on my behalf. All of that said it still does not change the fact that the budget is way out of wack and not likely to correct itself any time soon. I did a great job, made friends, learned a ton, and had a great experience this time around... really, what more could I ask for. I had a paycheck for three months and can collect unemployment again at least for a while. I have no regrets at all.

Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do! Wow, lots going on here. I will try and read through the posts in more details on my lunch break but for those of you that are doing well... Great Job! Those of you that are ill or have family members that are hurting... you are in my thoughts!

Back again soon!
Princess

bandit2
05-21-2009, 10:59 AM
Morning, turtles:

Lauren - glad to hear your MIL is better than you expected. Stressful when family members aren't well.

Princess - glad to see you are in good spirits. Something else will come along for you I am sure & positive attitude will get you through this. One bonus is time of year you will be off - you can enjoy the nice weather, get stuff caught up at home & do whatever you want. Always an upside to things!

I was down 1.75# last night (which was what I gained last time) so was happy to knock that back off.

Goal this week is to really buckle down & have a weight loss again next week.

For breakfast today I had a toasted tomatoe sandwich with lettuce & mayo - and that really hit the spot. For lunch having devilled eggs & lettuce cups with cheese & craisins - alittle different but sounds good to me.

Looking forward to my walk & hot-tub tonight.

Everyone, have a great day!

msmeri
05-21-2009, 11:16 AM
Hello,Hello, Hello, all... Don't look now but the weekend is almost here.:cp:

Princess-I am confident you hard work will pay off. No good dead goes undone. Someone somewear will reconize all you put in. Hope unimployment is better for you in Indiana then it is here, it's about 2/3 your regular pay. We don't make it on what we bring home as it is, how are we supposed to get by on 2/3?:(

Lauren-I have always been a supporter of National Health Care proposed by Hillary Clinton and others. It all just sounds so good I never thought there could possibally be problems(DH says I live in a bubble)But when I stop and think anything run by a goverment might just heve a kink or two. I am glad to so far it just tooks like a sprain. A break at that age is hard to overcome. But sprains do have ligiment and tendon dammage assiocated with them many times.

Bandit-Be carefull my friend. I always get into trouble when I forget to pull something out of the freezer for dinner. I tend to nibble, nibble then that is not enough so I munch and munch. I loose all willpower after 4:00pm. But an omellete now that's a good idea.:hungry: I have breakfast for dinner quite often. Usually special K waffles with sugar free syrup. I am not in the mood to make real food in the morning, I just have time to cram down a fiber bar or if I am real lucky I whip up a protein shake.

Judy-.3# left remaining, you are almost there. Way to go. You are going to be out of this world when you hit it!:bravo: I can only immigan hitting a goal you set must propell you that much further to keep reaching foward. I just got some new pants in the mail that I ordered, and they were a size 24. I havent been in a 24 since 1991 when I got married.
Say, you were a teacher...right, elementary, as I recall. What grades did you teach? I was in elementary for 9 years. Then they reclassed all aides to Special Ed wich was cool, we got a pay raise. But they stuck most of us in the middle school. It's only my second year there and I am doing better. But I am just not a wiz at middle school math. Maybe next year I will be assigned to a languare arts teacher.

Chrily- How ya feeling, chickie-poo? Better I hope.:hug: What-ch reading these days? I am working on a Dean Koontz book, it just started getting good. Family better leave me alone tonight so I can get in some serious page turning.
That Plum Smart is made by SunSweet and is for Digestive health kinda like Activia and Yakult. They make two kinds the regular has added fiber but is over 100 calories. The light version (that I drink) has 60% less calories and sugar so it says on the label. For 8oz it is 60 calories and only 1 WW point, way worth it to get in a fruit serving.

Well my W/I update... I lost exactly 3 pound exactly. Wich is a fantasitic number. I was just hopeing to hit the 50lb goal. I had my heart set on it. I am only .6 away (darn it) Close enough to almost touch it.:s:

Next week - my friends -Next week- I vow

bandit2
05-21-2009, 01:34 PM
Msmeri - congrats on your weight loss, that is fabulous!!

Itryharder
05-21-2009, 07:01 PM
Msmeri,
Weigh to go this week. :goodscale: You're sooooo close to your goal. Keep up the good work.

Bandit, so glad you had a :goodscale: When that scale goes up, it's great to have it go right back down again.
Weigh to go!

Everybody have fun and keep on keepin' on.
Judy
234.6/212.2/209.6 :cool: getting close to 25# down

chrily
05-22-2009, 02:11 AM
Wow! Busy group today. I am finally sitting down. I worked all day, went to Costco after work, and then walked for 40 min. with my mom and sister. Last night I mowed our yard and then helped a gal who was widowed last January clean up her yard and mow it. I think I have moved more in the last two days than I have in the last year or so.

Congrats to all of you weight loss LOSERS! It is awesome. I am hoping when I weigh in on Monday that I will see something good too.

Lauren, I have been aching more than usual with my RA and when I read what your wrote,I could see a little connection, and think maybe I should work on changing up my diet a bit. My dad has a candy warehouse, so I do eat sugary stuff (more than I should) and I have been eating more tortillas than usual. I have an allergy to bread and tortillas are usually safe stuff. I'm sure I am playing havoc on my system. I do have a bad allergy to yeast and to wheat. A few years ago I did the South Beach things and lost pretty well and felt better too. I ate alot of low fat proteins, veggies, and cut the bad carbs out. i had a ton more energy then. Maybe I should try to incorporate the Atkins/south beach with the WW stuff.

Well the rest of you....I will get more personal tomorrow. It is off to bed for me. I have a busy day tomorrow...cleaning house and working on some paperwork. My brother in law is coming tomorrow for the weekend. He's got terminal lung cancer. He's had it for 5 yrs now ,but Kelly has a sneaking suspicion that his tumor is no longer stable and the cancer is getting worse. We'll see. It will be nice to see him.

Chris

Princess1122
05-22-2009, 08:57 AM
Morning all and happy Friday to everyone. Nothing new here really... looking forward to the long weekend. Staying home as the Indy 500 is here this weekend and the city usually gets a little nuts.

Joined a biggest loser challenge at my Zumba class last night so that should be interesting.

I have not had time to read through all of the posts to catch up on what is happening with everyone but will get a chance over the weekend.

Princess

bandit2
05-22-2009, 10:11 AM
Good morning, turtles:

Chrily - sorry to hear about your brother. I lost my sister to cancer when she was 37 & that was a horrible time for everyone. Nice to spend some time with him when you can. Nice job on all your exercise with the walking & yard work & nice of you to help your friend.

Princess - have a nice long weekend & I think joing challenges helps us stay on track. Good for you!

I got in 27 laps last night then soaked in the hot-tub which was great.
Since I had appt I was home early & got to have dinner before walking.
I made pork tenderloin, sweet potatoe fries & roasted red pepper. Was very
good & have leftovers for over the weekend. I have stayed OP all week, but now here comes the weekend - challenging for most of us.

My goal this weekend is to make better choices than usual & do my walking.
No excuses!!!

Have a great weekend, everyone.

msmeri
05-22-2009, 10:50 AM
bandit- sweet potatoes fries or other wise yum, yum, yum. I just discovered them about 2 months ago. They are way good for you. I have even seen them in one of the restraunts Coco's I think.
The MIL made them just plain, baked, I loved them.
Growing up my mom always made them with brown sugar and marshmellows-yuck!
Well I took my day off from exorcising on wednesday so I am commited to walking today and all weekend, goal was to do it for 6 days this week. Don't know how to fit it in sunday, maybe after church I guess.
Were having a birthday party for DH step dad. He wants home made waffles with all the toppings. gonna be challanging

Itryharder
05-22-2009, 11:12 AM
Hi guys,
WE are burning up the airwaves here, so I'll start another thread. We are doing so great. See you at #215 Bale of Turtles Working It Out!

ladynredd
05-22-2009, 02:30 PM
What a nice day this is turning out to be. DH and I have been talking about going to Las Vegas for a couple days just for a change of scene -- I am usually happy staying home -- especially if I have time to quilt! -- but he gets itchy feet. This morning he decided to go online and actually make reservations and the result is that we now have tickets to see Cirque du Soleil Mystere AND Terry Feder, the ventriloquist who won "America's Got Talent" two seasons ago. And because he is ex-military, we got all the tickets at 50% off! So we're going to have some of the best seats in the house at the same price as we would pay for the nosebleed section without a discount.

Judy, I'm hoping you hit that 25 lb. goal at your next weigh-in! My weight loss has been sooo slow the past few weeks it's easy for me to start getting very frustrated but luckily that stinkin' thinkin' of I'm not losing anyway, I might as well eat whatever I want has not occurred. That's the kind of nutso thinking that has derailed me in the past.

Well, I'm going to go do my 5 miles -- DH is out of the house for the next couple hours and I intend to take advantage of it!